August 29, 2014 | 1254 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

Love this stuff, use it in combination with Carmex to exfoliate. Sleek, sturdy packaging and the price is very cheap considering that it's a rather unique product. The ingredients are lovely (shea butter, vitamin e, etc) and it tastes sweet. Definitely repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is yet another extraordinary product from ELF. Although it's not exactly an essential to my beauty routine, it does live up to its claims. For $3.00!!! What? The more great products I get from ELF, the more convinced I am that other cosmetic companies are taking us all for a ride.

Sometimes I just have that little bit of icky dry skin that won't move no matter how much I moisturize, and that's where ELF's Lip Exfoliator comes in. That nasty wrinkly stuff is not cute under matte lipstick, so you HAVE to do something. It's not really a balm per se, although it is moisturizing, and it's not my primary lip moisturizer. For that, I use Blistex Deep Renewal, which has SPF 15. At first I didn't think it had enough friction to slough off much dead, dry skin, but once I wore down the tip it has much more friction. I don't wipe it off as the directions as ELF instructs. The sugar crystals melt and sugar is a humectant, which is never a bad thing. (If I'm applying it right before a lipstick, I do wipe it off.)

As someone else mentioned, I was worried that this would trigger a cold sore breakout, but I've been using it several times per week for that past 2-3 weeks and haven't found it irritating at all. My primary cold sore triggers are stress (can't do anything about that, can we?) and sun (the reason I wear the Blistex Deep Renewal). This exfoliator is very grainy, so just be careful and don't keep grinding it over your lips and you should be fine. If I get a breakout, I'll add a warning to the review. That doesn't mean it's not a terrific product for everyone else.

UPDATE 12/20/13: Now that I've been using this for over a month, I wanted to update my review especially for the winter and for those who are prone to cold sores who might be wary of this product.

It's been very snowy and dry here in Chicago, and I've been using this a LOT. At first I used it about 2 or 3 times per week, just to be safe because as I mentioned I'm prone to cold sores myself. You definitely have to be careful about making any tiny tears in your lips when you're vulnerable to those breakouts. Well, I started using it as a once a day treatment, and I'm happy to report there have been no breakouts. My lips don't feel sore or torn up after use, in fact quite the opposite. I think you would REALLY have to grind and grind this into your lips repeatedly for to cause any noticeable abrasion.

This week it's been soooo dry, and I've been using every balm and moisturizing gloss in my arsenal. But this just seems to really smooth out and penetrate my lips when nothing else works. Once you get down into the product it "melts" into your lips better and you get more of the sugar. It leaves a thin smattering of small grains on my lips and slowly melts into them, and I don't wipe it off like the instructions tell you to. It feels so good and smells so good it's addictive. This is stuff is fantastic, and it's been a real, uh, lip saver.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

I purchased this after a fellow MUAer mentioned it on a board. Picked it up at Target. The price is great. I love the packaging and fact that it more of a solid in a lipstick form rather than a more liquid formula in a tube. Its easy to use and I feel the semi solid formula allows you to apply it with as much or as little pressure as you want. Does a nice job at removing dry patches. Moisturizes, smells and tastes sweet. Sugary. Overall I really like this product. I have used Philosophy's lip exfoliator also and actually prefer this. Price is right too. Give it a try. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product is great to use to exfoliate your lips with to take off dead skin. It has a sweet smell to it, that I don't find to be overpowering. It has these exfoliating granuals of sugar throughout. Also, there are hydrating ingredients included within it too. So, this way, your lips can be left feeling softer and smoother looking after each time that you use this little miracle product!

I love this stuff so much till I actually own backups of it. As, I don't ever want to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarobin

Pros: Smells good Very Moisturizing Exfoliating formula Drug Store brand Inexpensive Cons: May make sensitive lips bleed May activate cold sore recipients

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must have product if you're a lipstick junkie and/or live in cold climates like me. It takes all the dead skin off and leaves your lips nice and smooth and baby soft, perfect for lipstick application. After reading the other reviews, I discovered that apparently it's supposed to be moisturizing and it most deeeefinitely is not. I usually use this and then put some eos lip balm over top of it and it works pretty well for me. Also, the packaging to this is amazing. I've never purchased any other e.l.f. lipsticks other than the matte lip colors but I was honestly incredibly impressed by how sturdy and pleasing to the eye this was! I would really recommend this to anyone who suffers from chronic chapped and peeling lips, it works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Sinjin1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm amazed how many people on YT review this and do it wrong. Then say the product is no good when they used it completely wrong..This treatment is a must have, It's cheap and it gets the job done. Buy 2.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Lillie23

I love this stuff! It's cheap and does the job with minimal mess. I am going to purchase numerous ones just to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by hnl85

I pray to God they never discontinue this. This stuff is AMAZING!!!! For some saying it is to soft to do anything, take your fingernail and rub it across the top till you can feel the brown sugar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

I really enjoy using this in my night time routine every few nights. I bust it out before I wash my face that way any bits are washed away. After all that I put on my favorite balm to keep my lips moisturized. In my book everyone should have one!