October 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by morgs126

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As much as I've wanted to like this product after hearing some really good reviews about it, I'm personally yet to have a positive experience with this BB Cream. The hype of BB Creams always seem to get the better of me. I lust for a no make up, make up look & this product didn't deliver as I expected.

I've tested this BB Cream a few times and each time this little bad boy oxidised super quickly on my face. My skins PH levels and this product DO NOT GET ALONG. This obviously doesn't happen to all users, but for me... Eugh it just ends up looking and feeling disgusting.

Even if the product didn't oxidise on my face, I'm not sure if I'd continue using the product. It tends to leave me feeling like I have a film of grease chilling out on the top of my skin. Not nice at all.

The product itself smells of alcohol or methylated spirits - not exactly the ideal fragrances one wishes to apply to their face.

The consistency of the product is super liquidy which means the product tends to seep out of the packaging, so it can get a little messy. I do however like the packaging of the product, but the inside product and the packaging don't seem to get a long.

I'm sure this BB Cream will work wonders for other people as with all skin products individual's skin will react differently. However I will not be repurchasing Garnier's BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light, purely because of it oxidising on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sm92soel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One brand that has really surpriced me this year is Garnier. I´ve haven´t cared much for Garnier before since I had some bad experiences with their hair care, but I heard good reviews about this stuff and was curious to try it, and it actually worked ok! I´m an nc25 in mac terms and the light shade matches me perfectly. The coverage is medium to full and it has a really pretty glow to it. Not a greasy glow but a dewy glow, which is weird since the product has a semi-matte finish (matte if you set it with powder). It looks really flattering on the skin. It lasts about the same as a regular foundation, 4-6 hours, but then it starts to wear down. It keeps the oils away ok but at the end of the day I find it looking dry and cracked in places. The skin underneath is fine, this is not a drying product. But it wears of looking dry.

I gave this product four lippies because of how pretty it looks on the skin but I didn´t want to give it five since it doesn´t last all day and the packaging is really enoying. But if you´re someone that doesn´t keep your foundation on all day anyway or if you have great skin and don´t mind it fading this might be what you´re looking for! I wouldn´t recommend the darker shades though as they run a bit orange.. And as someone who is continually experimenting with foundations I don´t think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by meganlotz

This product is amazing! It matches my olive/brown skin tone perfectly and is so light. It feels like nothing is on my face, and the coverage is very good. I put one layer all over, and doubled up on my acne areas. It's very build-able, but not too much. The only thing I have noticed is that if I have a dry area on my face, it kind of sticks to it. But the quick fix to that is to just moisturize your dry areas before you apply this. Definitely a keeper! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Bailey4213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Light/Medium originally, and it was ORANGE. Sadly, I didn't have the receipt so it is currently sitting on my dresser, useless. I had heard good things about it though and thought maybe it was just the wrong color, so i bought the fair/light version. I used it today and it looked really nice at first, and i was really excited. Then i looked in the mirror 10 minutes later, and it had already oxidized to a terrible orange color and that me look red and just awful, plus the feeling of this stuff is awful, even with powder it makes my face feel sticky. I just hate it, don't waste the $14 on it. Luckily, i kept the receipt this time so it will be returned.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by iliana1334

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used it last summer and I have to say that overall I'm pleased... I have fair to medium skin and I was searching for a fair shade on drugstore bb creams but I couldnt find any that said light and was ACTUALLY light... this was dark on me on summer but not noticeably dark... It smells like alcohol which didnt bother me... I was very VERY runny... It DID help with my spots/blemishes... It didnt transfer that much and it wasn't oily at the end of the day in comparison with drugstore foundations.. The disadvantage of the product is that i cant use it daily for a long period of time because after 2 months i noticed some dryness on my normal to compination skin... if you have the same problem mix it with a foundation or use it as a treatment..
+ it is too dark for winter!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this says "reduce redness" but why did it make my face red and allergic to it?
I'm sorry, I'd love to love this product, but I'm allergic to it.

I put a little bit on my cheek, and then like not even after half a second, it starts burning and then I had to remove it just to reveal a completely reddened and swollen skin caused by this product.

Gave this to someone else & Not using this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by CeruleanNight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Many have already spoken about packaging so I'll keep it short. I store mine upside down so it doesn't leak. Otherwise I quite like the look of the skinny tube.

For me, there are almost no pros for this product except for the price. It is cheap here in Australia. Coverage is also pretty good for such a runny product so I'll give that a lippie too (being very generous).

I'd describe my skin as combination/oily and sensitive. While I don't think I'm an oil-house I do get shiny throughout the day and usually have to blot once in the late afternoon (without wearing foundation or BB cream).
There are several problems with this BB cream:
> Oxidises very quickly into an orangey shade - I'm talking within the hour.
> Does not control oil - I get the same amount of oiliness, if not slightly more, than I do without wearing it.
> Causes cystic acne/breakout - I have worn this on three separate occasions and after each one I will wake up with one or two large, red and painful lumps that take days, if not weeks to go away completely.

So as you can see I will not be wearing it or repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by cealzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Definitely the product I go for if I'm wearing makeup all day. Doesn't cling to my dry patches and has a natural finish & great coverage for a bb cream. Very easy to apply, I find fingers to be the best way. Really cheap and you don't need too much so it lasts a long time. Only downsides: the packaging- stuff can come out without even squeezing so be careful there. Shade- this light one is a bit too dark for me so I just have to blend it down my neck a lot which is a pain but I'm happy to put up with this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by xrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best bb cream I have ever used.Super coverage for a bb cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by beatlesbabe23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As it probably says in my bio page, I have extremely oily skin and usually foundation cakes on me. Most of the time, I just want a light-ish coverage but that still makes my skin look good. I've tried all the BB and CC creams there are, Revlon, Almay, Maybelline, L'Oreal, everything. And this BB cream really takes the cake. It makes my skin look flawless, and air-brushes. I only have to blot about once, and considering I put my makeup on at 6:30 in the morning and take it off at 8 at night, that's pretty good. The only thing that kind of annoys me is that the packaging isn't the best. Whenever I open the bottle the product always come splitting out making the package of BB cream look all messy and it gets everywhere, but what. Other than that, I love this product!! :)