November 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great for shimmer highlight! Great quality, great price! Leagues better than the more expensive brushes I have bought over the years. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by kheyme03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush so much. It is a must have for highling and apply your undery eye setting powder. I use Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder and this brush just sets in on nicely and doesn't make it look cakey at all. I also use the expert face brush. I plan on purchasing more brushes from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great little brush. I use it to set concealer under eyes and on blemishes. Also use for cream or powder highlighter, it's the perfect size. As with all RT brushes, it is wonderfully priced. I haven't had any problem with excessive shedding. When I did purchase though, there were a couple bristles that were a little longer than the rest, however I just did a little trim job and it worked out. Purchased on iHerb.com as these are not available in Canada. Will purchase more from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Airam07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying that on most days, my makeup consists of just under eye concealer, some kohl on the waterline, mascara and lip balm. This routine takes less than 2 minutes but the only bit that gets on my nerves is when my under eye concealer or liner migrates. Enter the Real Techniques setting brush. This brush is PERFECTION.

I was using the MAC 224 or the Chikuhodo Z-2 brush before because both were small-ish and could deposit powder without looking chalky. But the 224 wasn't big enough and the Z-2 at times was too big. The Setting Brush is the perfect combination of both because it's small, fluffy, SOFT, and tapers slightly at the tip so it fits perfectly under the eyes. This has made my daily routine so much easier because now I just dab on some Bobbi Brown concealer and finish it with a light dusting of Laura Merceir Secret Brightening Powder. Not only does it prevent creasing, but it makes my makeup last and look fresh through out the day. I love that the size of the Setting Brush is small enough that powder doesn't get on my cheeks.

I can also see this working great for highlighter, contouring and even for foundation for foundations that are light and water-based like MAC Face & Body. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this brush. It's unique in shape, inexpensive and really well-made. HG HG HG.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is another fantastic brush by Real Techniques.
It is soft yet firm enough to pick up products and lay it on the skin, great for shading the nose; or laying down a base on the eyelid.
If I need extra coverage undereye, I will use whatever cream/liquid and set it with powder, using this brush.
Already got 2 more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by cowhugger

The Real Techniques setting brush is perfect for setting my concealer with a powder but I use it most often to apply powder highlight onto my cheekbones. I love this little brush and I would definitely buy this product again. My typical routine with this brush is to set my concealer with it (under the eyes and around the nose) and then use it to apply powder highlight, then I wash it for the next use. I've washed it a number of times and I haven't experience any shedding and it has maintained its original shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxuglypie

I use this brush daily to apply setting powder over my undereye concealer. It is the perfect size for the job and extremely soft, and I've had no fallout with regular use and washing for the past several months. The Real Techniques brush line is truly amazing and affordable! I'd recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this every day to apply HD/silica powder over my concealer under my eyes. This brush is small and fluffy enough to do exactly what I need. I don't want powder anywhere else on my face but I do want to set the undereye area, which (with my oily eyelids) can get messy through the day. Very handy little brush. Like all the RT brushes, it's well-designed, cleans up like a dream, and dries quickly. I've already retired all the rest of my (much more expensive) brushes since discovering these. Update 3/2/13: I now have four of these: one for concealer, one for HD powder around the eyes, one highlighter, and one for blending shadows. I love this brush! No shedding or broken hairs whatsoever and I clean these nearly every day. Superior quality at a phenomenal price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had this brush about two weeks. This little brush has been so much fun for me. Like all RT brushes, it cleans up beautifully! It is a relatively small head, about 1.5 inches in diameter and v soft. It is dense and picks up a lot of product - I have tried it w powder and liquid cosmetics and have experienced the need for a v light hand. That said, because its tips are so soft, it creates a wonderful finish in a v short amount of time.

I use it in many different ways:

-to brush on eye shadow base or primer quickly and completely
-to create a light swoosh of eye shadow over my entire eyelid
-to powder over my undereye concealer
-to use my foundation instead of concealer under my eyes
-to add my highlighter
-to hit those tight spots where I want an extra hit of foundation

I have used this brush a lot over the past two weeks - I don't know that I would consider it a must-have brush, like a foundation, blush or powder brush - however, now that I have it, I am so glad I got it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's absolutely perfect for highlighter. At first glance, it may seem like it's nothing special or unique, but it actually really is! I don't have another brush like it, and I haven't seen any others like it either, & certainly not in this wonderfully affordable price range. I believe I paid between $6 and $8 for it. I love to use this to highlight the tops of my cheekbones, my browbone, and sometimes my cupid's bow & chin. It's the perfect size and shape to highlight those specific areas, and not get product where u don't want it. I always used to use bigger brushes to highlight my cheekbones, but I have a small bone structure, and small cheekbones, so that didn't work very well for me. I'd always end up highlighting the apples of my cheeks too, instead of just the tops, and have to go back & try to remove some product, which is always a pain. I've also used this brush for sweeping a quick wash of color all over the lid, and even to quickly contour my crease with a bit of bronzer, because it comes to a tapered point. So when you're in a hurry, this brush can be used for lots of things!

These wash easily, I can always get all the makeup out of the white hairs, which as many of u know, can be a problem with some brushes. They also dry quickly. It's very soft, like all my RT brushes. They're synthetic, and made of taklon. I have a ton of the RT brushes, and I love every single one, which is crazy, especially considering how cheap these are! I hope the price doesn't get raised on these because of their increasing popularity. I hear nothing but great things about them on You Tube and on here. Everyone's talking about how awesome these brushes are! Anyway, I obviously totally recommend this! I ordered mine from iherb.com, and I've also ordered RT brushes from ulta.com. Both arrived fairly quickly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No