Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

4.8

on 5/8/2013 11:27:00 AM

A fun brush to have in the mix. I like the shorter handle size and the durable synthetic hairs really keep their shape, so Real Techniques are the brushes that go into my makeup bag on the go, since they are not precious or $$$. It's a good versatile size I use for undereye and around the nose setting, but it is slightly too dense for a light powder application, so I definitely tap a lot of powder off the brush before I apply the brush to my face. I do like the unique size though; this small to medium size is hard to find in the brush world!

on 5/4/2013 6:51:00 PM

Great for under eye setting or for highlighting. Super soft and pretty, the handle is really comfortable

on 4/12/2013 9:46:00 AM

I love Real Techniques brushes but this is the only one I'm not so fussed about. It's lovely and soft like all the others, but not as dense (which is pretty necessary for a setting brush really). I did at first use this with my Ben Nye loose powder under my eyes and on my chin but it didnt pack the colour in enough for me, it just felt like it was dusting it around a bit.

It's too soft to use for much else in my opinion, as I use a lot of cream products including cream blush and highlighter. I might try this with some blusher for contouring but other than that I never pick it out of my brush jar. But I got it for free in the 3 for 2 at Boots so it's not all bad!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'll be honest, based on the reviews I expected this to be much softer. It's not really scratchy, but also by far not as soft as some people make it sound. I suspect this is in part because of the fact that it also isn't as dense as I thought.

Despite all of that, this is still a very decent brush of a unique size and I can recommend it. It picks up just enough powder product to be used with setting powders or highlighters, and it's nice for blending creams, although it's not quite dense enough to really buff them in. It also provides a beautiful finish.

Overall a good brush you won't easily find a dupe for.

on 2/28/2013 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a fantastic brush. I think it's the only real technique brush that I truly like.

It was like a dream (like all real technique brushes)
It's so soft which is perfect for around the eye area. I use It for contouring/highlighting/ powder/brush....anything that's a powder really. It's great if your traveling light, because this one brush can do so much. This brush regained my faith in real technique brush.

on 2/26/2013 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Dries fast after cleaning. Does not shed. Oh so soft to the skin.

Lovely for highlighting and like reviewer below, I use it for LM brightening powder for under eye sometimes.

Pixiwoo really knows how to make brushes!

But I won't repurchase cause for everyday light makeup, this is not necessary. Could learn to use it in a different way, fall in love and come back here to edit my review.

on 1/16/2013 4:11:00 PM

Nice little brush! I use it to set my undereye concealer with my LM Brightening Powder. I occasionally set spot concealer with it. It's super soft and does the job I need it to do without smudging anything off or scratching. I'm glad I purchased. I was using some random Bare Escentuals small foundation spot brush prior to buying this. There is no comparison.

on 1/8/2013 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great for shimmer highlight! Great quality, great price! Leagues better than the more expensive brushes I have bought over the years. Love it!

on 12/26/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this brush so much. It is a must have for highling and apply your undery eye setting powder. I use Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder and this brush just sets in on nicely and doesn't make it look cakey at all. I also use the expert face brush. I plan on purchasing more brushes from this line.

on 12/11/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great little brush. I use it to set concealer under eyes and on blemishes. Also use for cream or powder highlighter, it's the perfect size. As with all RT brushes, it is wonderfully priced. I haven't had any problem with excessive shedding. When I did purchase though, there were a couple bristles that were a little longer than the rest, however I just did a little trim job and it worked out. Purchased on iHerb.com as these are not available in Canada. Will purchase more from this line.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products