July 28, 2014 | 946 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxuglypie

I use this brush daily to apply setting powder over my undereye concealer. It is the perfect size for the job and extremely soft, and I've had no fallout with regular use and washing for the past several months. The Real Techniques brush line is truly amazing and affordable! I'd recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this every day to apply HD/silica powder over my concealer under my eyes. This brush is small and fluffy enough to do exactly what I need. I don't want powder anywhere else on my face but I do want to set the undereye area, which (with my oily eyelids) can get messy through the day. Very handy little brush. Like all the RT brushes, it's well-designed, cleans up like a dream, and dries quickly. I've already retired all the rest of my (much more expensive) brushes since discovering these. Update 3/2/13: I now have four of these: one for concealer, one for HD powder around the eyes, one highlighter, and one for blending shadows. I love this brush! No shedding or broken hairs whatsoever and I clean these nearly every day. Superior quality at a phenomenal price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had this brush about two weeks. This little brush has been so much fun for me. Like all RT brushes, it cleans up beautifully! It is a relatively small head, about 1.5 inches in diameter and v soft. It is dense and picks up a lot of product - I have tried it w powder and liquid cosmetics and have experienced the need for a v light hand. That said, because its tips are so soft, it creates a wonderful finish in a v short amount of time.

I use it in many different ways:

-to brush on eye shadow base or primer quickly and completely
-to create a light swoosh of eye shadow over my entire eyelid
-to powder over my undereye concealer
-to use my foundation instead of concealer under my eyes
-to add my highlighter
-to hit those tight spots where I want an extra hit of foundation

I have used this brush a lot over the past two weeks - I don't know that I would consider it a must-have brush, like a foundation, blush or powder brush - however, now that I have it, I am so glad I got it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's absolutely perfect for highlighter. At first glance, it may seem like it's nothing special or unique, but it actually really is! I don't have another brush like it, and I haven't seen any others like it either, & certainly not in this wonderfully affordable price range. I believe I paid between $6 and $8 for it. I love to use this to highlight the tops of my cheekbones, my browbone, and sometimes my cupid's bow & chin. It's the perfect size and shape to highlight those specific areas, and not get product where u don't want it. I always used to use bigger brushes to highlight my cheekbones, but I have a small bone structure, and small cheekbones, so that didn't work very well for me. I'd always end up highlighting the apples of my cheeks too, instead of just the tops, and have to go back & try to remove some product, which is always a pain. I've also used this brush for sweeping a quick wash of color all over the lid, and even to quickly contour my crease with a bit of bronzer, because it comes to a tapered point. So when you're in a hurry, this brush can be used for lots of things!

These wash easily, I can always get all the makeup out of the white hairs, which as many of u know, can be a problem with some brushes. They also dry quickly. It's very soft, like all my RT brushes. They're synthetic, and made of taklon. I have a ton of the RT brushes, and I love every single one, which is crazy, especially considering how cheap these are! I hope the price doesn't get raised on these because of their increasing popularity. I hear nothing but great things about them on You Tube and on here. Everyone's talking about how awesome these brushes are! Anyway, I obviously totally recommend this! I ordered mine from iherb.com, and I've also ordered RT brushes from ulta.com. Both arrived fairly quickly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this! It's perfect for highlighter and setting powder under your eyes. It's soft and distributes just the right amount of product.

This is one of my most fav RT brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Tonii_M

This brush is perfect for applying Bare Mineral Well Rested under my eyes - I had been using the MAC 165 or MAC 224 but haven't touched either of them since I got this.

I love it and will definitely buy another one - brilliant value and quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush may seem like nothing much, but i'm impressed when i first use it. Its a great brush for setting my concealer with powder. The bristles are fluffy and the size of the brush is slightly small than the RT contour brush. But unlike the contour brush, its pinched at the side so the bristles are more paddle shaped than rounded. The bristles are also tappered to a point which makes application great to reach the corners.

This would be great for highlight the cheekbones but I have not tried that yet.