Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.6

on 4/22/2014 7:54:00 AM

First things first - Oh. My. God. This eye liner is IT.

The precision and thinness you can achieve with this is astounding. The pen-like packaging makes it an absolute breeze to work with, no mess, no fuss, very portable and applies like a dream. This product easily rivals any high end eye liner currently in circulation. The line is a true blackest black, which is solid all the way from the start to the tail of the line, no fading or sheerness in sight. The formula is thin and concentrated so a small stroke will get you the sharpest opaque line you have ever seen. I cannot live without this product. Amazing.

on 4/21/2014 2:07:00 PM

I don't know why this product has a much lower rating than I expected.

I actually lovelovelove this eyeliner so much. I've owned the revlon colorstay liquid eyeliner before this. In my opinion I think this is better than the revlon. It's better in price, & I find the brush better too. I have dry lids, it's perfect for me. I love how this stays on my lids all day, & it's easy to take off at the end of the day when I'm washing my makeup off.

I bought my first one for $5. Now I'm onto my second one which I paid $7 for. I didnt really mind paying $7 since this is a really good eyeliner.

on 4/18/2014 7:16:00 AM

The pro of this eyeliner is the applicator- it's long and is slim and tapered at the tip. However, the formula is not that great. Perhaps if you have normal or dry eyelids that are not oily, then this eyeliner would stay on, but this would smudge on me on certain days, especially if I rubbed my eyes (allergies). It's not very reliable. Also, I noticed as I kept on using the eyeliner, the brush tip began to wear off, and I could no longer create a precise line.

on 4/17/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this eyeliner for almost a year because I couldn't find anything better. It was easy to use and made a really precise line, but it had the tendency to smudge on me. I even repurchased another one of these before I found my holy grail, the L'Oreal Superliner Liquid Eyeliner, which doesn't smudge on me AT ALL, EVER. But if you are not prone to smudging, then this would be a brilliant eyeliner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I randomly bought this eyeliner after seeing the 3 for 2 offer in Boots. It is a lovely eyeliner that allows a gorgeous precise line to be made, my only problem is that due to my oily skin, it stains my lids and rubs off in a matter of hours. This would be my staple eyeliner if only it could withstand my oily lids :(

on 4/12/2014 5:18:00 PM

its amazingggg and the best thing is the brush or whatever its called… but with me i don't know why it always falls down :( but its great

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I first tried this liner, I was actually dissapointed because the eyeliner was already dried and it didnt have that good, continuous flow. The first coat was all faded and was hard to see. I tried adding a few more coats or so and it still looked the same until I tested it out and the side of the pen seemed to have the best pigmentation. So I just resorted on using some of my old liquid liner and gel.

Maybe I might try leaving it upside down like someone suggested... 

on 4/4/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am already on my second use of this item because I enjoyed it so much the first time. I like the cone-like shape of the felt-tip pen as it makes it perfect for winging out the liner, all you do is press the side against your skin in the direction you want the wing to go, pull and sweep to your lash line and you're done! The flow of the liner is nice as well and is a pretty nice black-black.

My only reservation is that the very very tip starts to dry out quickly, but you can help prevent that by storing the pen upside down.

on 4/2/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this eyeliner. Making a wing is so quick and easy. You can get a super fine line to a really thick one. Its cheap and can be found at drug stores. You get 1.1 mL that come in a sleek black pen. Its a really long felt tip applicator that starts thicker at the base and goes to a fine needle point at the top. Peerfection.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing product! Stays on perfectly without smudging, and I don't have to apply any primer for this. It's very black & easy to use. I would totally buy this again. So much better than Mac's Penultimate eyeliner.