September 30, 2014 | 2032 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I bought 5 of these about 2 months ago and have worn these several times and I wanted to have my thoughts in a row before I wrote this review. I bought colors 5, 6, 7, 12, 15. They are beautiful colors. Probably 5 gets the least wear out of my collection as it is the most intense. 15 is a tad fuschia on me but I'm surprised how often I wear it nonetheless.

They do last a couple of hours as long as I don't eat anything but I don't get all day wear and I don't get a stain that lasts all day either. With some of the colors I get uneven wear like a "vinylish" coating and feeling on my lips that can be uncomfortable at times so I do not want to wear these 2 days in a row sometimes.

And that brings me to my biggest caveat with this product: They're really drying to my lips especially if I wear them for several days in a row so I purposely have to rotate these with other more hydrating lippies.

Do I regret buying? No I do think they're special but I wish L'Oreal would come out with a drugstore version that would improve on the YSL formula. I'm waiting, tapping my foot impatiently.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Sween76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Obsessed! I bought 4 and I love!! I am not the biggest fan of gloss because I does not stay. I usually wear a matte lipstick. This product is amazing, there is nothing else out there like it. I love that it wears all day and remains glossy. I like to layer it a couple times (waiting in between coats) to get a rich color. Great color selection.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by samjae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot of hype about this product. Lisa Eldrige and other YouTubers raved about the glossy stain. I bought the #6 Camel Coisiere. The color is beautiful. An orangey, mellow terracotta shade which looks beautiful with my Asian medium tan complexion. The shade is truly stunning. I wanted to love this BUT it made my lips peel and dry out horribly! I wore it two days in a row and noticed that it does not feel comfortable on the lips at all. Plus the stain does not wear off evenly. Have to reapply if you eat or drink. After two days of wear, my lips felt extremely dry, like they've been soaked in alcohol. As if I was in the Sahara Desert! My lips started to pucker and shrivel from the dryness. Then the peeling started. I returned this immediately. Not worth the discomfort. It'll take me at least a week to recover from this bad reaction. Awful product except for the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this product in #20 (blue-based red exclusive to Sephora) and #8 (orange). I really like these! The trick is to apply one coat, let dry a few minutes, then apply a second coat. The glossy sheen lasts much longer than a true "lipgloss" (such as the Chanel Glossimer in Calypso which I just rated an "average" 3 lippies) then fades to a very pretty stain which lasts the better part of the day. I like the feel and texture. The packaging is a bit tacky (why do some cosmetic brands think we all want big clunky gold things??) and the footed applicator would not be my first choice. But genuinely like the product. Retails about $32.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by andreacaracortada

I have Camel Croisiere (7) and Pourpre Divin (16). The first one is medium coral, great for the office during summer, and the other is more mauve, more winter-y and very chic and different if you are a brunette.

They are ok. The packaging feels cheap, which is a contrast to the other YSL packaging of the Pur Coutures and the Rouge Voluptes. It is also VERY drying, that is because it has a lasting, long-wearing formula. The only thing is the texture: in the beginning it feels like a pigmented gloss, shiny but not shimmery and as time goes by, it becomes a stain.AAA for the interesting texture gloss-cum-stain, yet CCC for the drying feeling. I would prefer to invest in a Rouge Pur Couture.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by hannahm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has to be one of the best lip products I have ever bought, the colours are amazing and they last so much longer than any other I've tried. It's a lip stain, gloss and lipstick all in one, what more could you ask for? Not so good when lips are a bit dry but with a good helping of balm ends up looking perfect! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've have never bought a product this expensive before (22.50! ouch), but I had just got paid and wanted to splurge a little and I heard a lot about them and quite frankly...I love it!

I bought #12 Corail Favue as a safe option under boots fluorescent lighting the colour looked naturally peachy for my NC45 skin but not too glossy so I put another coat on and WOW - this is the day-to-night-in-one-product lipcolour
That said there are things to be aware of before buying this product that will save everyone alot of hassle:

1. Try these on, the colour changes dramatically on the skin and they are surprisingly pigmented. #12 looks pink but is in fact truly deep coral

2, The texture changes: Once on the lips the texture thickens from slightly watery to a gummy (non-sticky) cooling cushion then finally to a texture resembling a nourishing lip balm - it feels strange but not unpleasant, it doesn't last long but you have to get used to it. You will want to press your lips together - go ahead the colour will sort itself out.

3. The claims -does it really last 6 hours?? Well yes and no - the glossy part lasts remarkably long (3-4hrs)...until you eat, then you will have a stain left and that can last for awhile until of course you eat again. Drinking does not greatly affect this product so its great for a night out! Thankfully you don't need a lot to cover your lips and if you put it on starting from your inner part of lip outwards it seems to wear off from the outside-in creating a very natural looking stain.

4. The smell...its floral it gradually fades. Cloyingly sweet smells irritate me so this was not a problem but if you are sensitive to smell don't bother cos you will find yourself wondering "whose perfume is that?" 15 minutes after putting it on.

5. The packaging, some like it some don't - I like it. Its massively impractical but I like the heft and the black and gold and if you are short of a mirror you can use the lid to check that the gloss is in place.

UPDATE: Just bought #1 Violet Edition - I am in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ShahnaG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Obsessed! I have #16, a kind of purple-pink, and the colour is stunning. I find the colour stays intense, even when doing lots of eating and drinking on a night out. I will probably buy this in every colour now.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by prettyinpinkgloss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

BEST LIP PRODUCT EVER. I'm absolutely mesmerized by it. When I open the drawer of my Helmer unit containing these stains I just sit and stare at them ! I have # 2 (a rosy brown, MLBB color), # 3 (very similar to # 2, just slightly more brown), # 4 (a gorgeous mauve with purple undertones), # 5 (the perfect medium rosy red), # 6 (a lovely medium caramel peach, turns a light orange on me), # 7 (a stunning warm mid tone coral pink with a very slight brown undertone), # 8 (a vibrant shimmery tangerine orange), # 10 (a very soft warm pink red), #11 (a brighter, more vibrant version of # 10), # 12 (warm mid tone vibrant coral pink), # 14 (gorgeous deep fuchsia, yet it dries to a medium to deep berry pink), # 15 (mid tone neutral rose pink), # 16 (a deep lilac with pink undertones) & # 17 (a gorgeous light lilac pink). I'm totally in love with this breakthrough product. I'm a huge fan of lip stains, so this was a no-brainer for me. I honestly never thought it would deliver what it claims though, a long lasting stain with a glossy finish. I was so pleasantly surprised, it's truly the best lip product I have ever used in my life, my poor other stains, lipstick & glosses are on hiatus for now ! The formula is thin & watery but packs a lot of pigment in just one coat. With a second coat I have very glossy stained lips that last all day for me, the gloss does start to fade a bit after about four hours though, a problem I can handle wonderfully, thank you ! My lips feel very comfortable, no dryness at all, in fact I find these very moisturizing. So, to sum it up, amazing pigmented color, incredible long lasting stain & fabulous glossy lips, absolute perfection from YSL.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by blauriche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this I was kind of disappointed because it didn't seem like what I expected from a gloss OR a stain. I also felt that the sales associate coaxed me into getting the wrong color (#3 Brun Cachemere). However, the more I've worn it, I've totally fallen in love with it. It's like its own kind of product and it feels so heavenly on my lips. The only thing is that none of the colors ever seem right for me so I still haven't bought more of them. I read somewhere a rumor that they're expanding the color selection because of the success of the product, and I really hope that's true.