April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

DOES NOT WORK. Makes me more oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by xLilyx

(http://www.rimmellondon.com/uk/products/stay-matte-foundation/)

THANK GOD for this foundation. It is not perfect, but is the only foundation I have ever tried that actually works for me!! And I have tried literally hundreds!

I apply this with my fingers. Coverage I would say is light-medium. The website description states 'Full coverage that hides imperfections' - not true at all. It will not cover or blend out any imperfections such as all the acne scars that I have, no matter how much of the product you build up, it kinda just dissapears and looks the same. Therefore I use concealer (Rimmel Hide the Blemish) on places that need concealing.

This foundation states 'up to 12 hours shine control' - definitely not. I have combination/oily skin and once I apply this it does not even look matte to start off with :S
Anyways, I don't believe any foundation can control shine alone, and should always be set with a powder. I set this foundation with MAC Blot Powder and only really have to touch up once a day (if I can be bothered that is). By the end of the day I am still happy with what my skin looks like with this foundation.

The look of this foundation is very natural! Which I LOVE! Plus this must be the ONLY foundation that I have ever owned/tried that actually matches my skin colour perfectly!!!!! I use the 'Soft Beige' shade which is perfect for my yellow undertones - a 'drugstore' foundation that does not make me look pink at all :D very happy. PLUS it looks great in photos - most foundations I have tried make my face look geisha white in flash photos, not a good look!! This Stay Matte foundation looks VERY natural in flash photography - like real skin, not a mask or a plastic barbie finish. Also I find when sleeping with this on after a night out (haha), I don't even wake up with a nasty patchy face - it looks fine even when randomly rubbed off during the night :P

Overall, very happy with this product. Love the packaging, great price, and is fragrance free! Not quite 5 lippies as it could be better, but I am sick of wasting money on new foundations therefore I have and will be sticking to this foundation for a long long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because it said "Stay Matte", hoping it would stay and give a matte finish but it didn't.
It gave quite a dewy finish and was a bit light on my skin.
It didn't have "12 Hours Natural Shine Control", but it has got cucumber, chamomile and cotton in it which I guess is cooling and helps with blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by red3186

Omg I love this foundation.. It's everything that I love about revlon colorstay without the stuff I hate about CS. It's not as thick as CS but has beautiful medium coverage that is buildable to full. It has a natural matte finish.. When I want to top this off, I dust a light veil of maybelline's matte powder and I'm matte for at least 6 hrs without blotting. For reference I have combination skin and I have 200 soft beige, normally nc20-25 in MAC foundations and I've tried it all from CHanel, MAC, Giorgio Armani.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by laura101

I was looking for a matte foundation got this on sale and tried it because it was cheap (which it looks like alot of people did). Overall I don't mind this foundation, I mean its nothing great but for me the colour is ok, it spreads and covers quite well and I like the fact it's talc free (I'm not going to kid myself that it is good for my skin because lets face it foundation never is... no pun intended). I don't know how Rimmel can justify that this is a matte foundation. Worn by itself it's quite dewy and it takes quite a bit of powder to look matte. I think thats what I find most frustrating about this foundation. Other than that, its ok for the AUS $15 I paid for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lokkita

For a drugstore foundation it doesn't flake up as much as others when applied right after a moisturizer, thank goodness. However it doesn't keep my oily T-Zone matte at all, not even for an hour! So it definitely doesn't hold up to it's promised "12 hour shine protection", I usually have to follow up with a translucent powder to do the job.

I like that the consistency is a little bit runny, making it easy to smooth on, however (like most drugstore foundations) coverage is a bit light. This would not be a good foundation for people with lots of acne/scars/etc as it wouldn't be able to do a good job of covering up that sort of complexion.

In the end, you get what you paid for. Rimmel's Stay Matte is a decent foundation for it's price, but far from perfect. I'd only repurchase this product if I was on a budget, but I'd rather invest in more effective department store foundations from now on!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by LetMeGossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really hate this foundation.
I heard so many good reviews of this and i was so disappointed.
It smells wierd, the consistency was thick and hard to blend out and the color was so ligth.
Maybe it was just mine? I don't know but i will never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by KenziKaulitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin. I have the color "True Ivory" and It is almost perfect. A bit too light. I bought this hoping that it would have enough coverage to cover my redness and hide some of my acne problems. I would not call this a foundation. It is more like a tinted moisturizer. It looks as if nothing is on my face. I use it over my E.L.F mineral infused face primer. After 8 hours of school, my face is no where near as oily as it usually is. Another thing is that it almost completely disappears and my skin looks bare. Another thing that I found is that there is a smell to it. It smells like a very cheap and crappy foundation that you would get from a brand like L.A. colors that is sold at the dollar stores. Although it claims to be matte and oil-free, I find it to still be moist after 8 hours even if I set it with a powder. It does not cover or stay. I would use it for just lazy days. I will try to give it a chance in the winter and see how it does then. For now, it is a regret.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really did not like this product. At the time I bought it I was looking for a cheap foundation because I found myself always paying out big for foundation simply because when I bought cheap ones they all made me look cakey, or they would come up orange or the quality would just generally look cheap and nasty. But I find that Rimmel is good with mascaras, concealers and powders for me so I thought I'd give this a go. I really wish I hadn't wasted my time! It looked terrible, I got the colour Ivory because my skin is really fair but it came up much darker even though it was supposed to be one of the palest colours they do. It also became really streaky and didn't stay on my face, didn't offer any coverage and just generally did nothing. Wouldn't recommend or buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Hayleigh353

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I HATE this product. I was looking for a foundation that wasn't expensive and I came across this. I read the back and it said oil free which I needed so I bought it and the next day I started applying it. It did not give me a good even coverage and left me face looking very dark in parts and light in others. It did feel soft and not greasy on face but apart from that it was awful, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.