Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm

3.7

on 6/4/2012 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I would like this so much more if it didn't make me so shiny!I got this in the light-to-medium shade and it's a good match. Since I'm very acne-prone I was concerned about potential break outs, but luckily nothing. I love the packaging with the pump tube and just a small squirt is enough to cover my face. Topped off with a light dusting of powder and I'm good to go. When I use it I notice my skin looks like my skin, but just better. I got it on sale at SDM.

on 6/3/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I find it so weird that everyone is talking about breakouts because i've always been soooooo acne prone and i dont find this product breaks me out at all! I love the texture, i find it is very hydrating aswell. I have ditched my foundations and now feel comfortable with just a BB cream...i never thought this would happen. I bought it thinking i would use it on my days off from work to give my skin a break from the foundation but i now wear it to work everyday!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

on 5/28/2012 12:58:00 AM

I actually really like this. Nice yellow tone for me skin so it matches nicely, the pump is great, only need one pump to cover whole face, and helps with redness. I don't mind that there's no SPF because I put it on before my makeup anyway. Reading other comments made me decide to stop using it and not to repurchase. Why? Because lots of people end up breaking out from this from the silicones. It never claimed to be non comodegenic (spelling?) But it scared me enough to stop using it because I'm trying to get my acne under control. Sad really.. I liked this product. Think I'm going to order a different beauty balm.

UPDATE* Yup. Once I stopped using I stopped breaking out. Yucky silicones!

on 5/12/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the Marcelle BB cream in the light-medium shade on a whim because it was on sale and I was curious of what this product would be like. I'm surprised by the mediocre reviews for this product because I find it to be a very satisfying product.

My skin is extremely sensitive, dry and I suffer from eczema. I rarely venture out of my regular skincare and makeup routine because a lot of products seem to worsen my condition. I wasn't expecting much from this product, but when I tested it on my wrist in the store, I really liked the silky texture and the coverage. And for $13 on sale, I wasn't risking much. (Approx. $19 regular I believe)

I have been using this product everyday for almost 3 weeks now, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin and the longevity of my makeup after a long, hard work day. My routine with this product is: hydrating toner (Etival), hydrating boost serum (Etival), SPF30 (Banana Boat), BB cream, and for extra coverage a dab of liquid foundation (L'Oreal True Match W2) and pressed powder (Revlon photoready Fair) to finish.

Why I'm pleased with this product:
- great packaging, the pump is convenient and hygienic
- evens out tone, significantly reduces red areas
- decent improvement in the texture, health and hydration of my skin
- the color matches perfectly with my skin tone (very fair with a warm yellow undertone)
- it blends super easy and goes on quickly
- it gives me a subtle glow
- keeps my skin moisturized enough that I don't have to wear a day cream like I used to
- didn't cause me irritation or make me break out
- fragrance free**
- affordable, good product quantity for cost

**A lot of other reviews mentioned it smelled bad, but I never noticed anything during application or when it's on my skin. If anything it smells like most foundations. The fact that it doesn't contain perfume is a huge bonus because fragrance really irritates my skin.

What I don't like about this product

- no SPF
- wish it had a bit more coverage
- will rub off your nose... when making out (haha)

Overall, I consider the Marcelle BB cream to be like healthy concealer and it has significantly reduced the amount of makeup I have to use to cover my problem areas. I've stopped using concealer and don't need to put any extra makeup on my forehead, nose or cheeks. To me, this is very good because the use of less makeup has resulted in a reduction of blemishes and cakeyness after a long day or sweating. My skin is starting to look great all day long, and to me that's awesome!

So, I will likely buy this product again because it works really well with my difficult skin. This being said, I don't think it would work for everyone, but it works well with my particular skincare lineup and skin type. For the cost, I think it's a worthy product to try out and see if it works for you!

on 5/12/2012 9:57:00 AM

1. This is too YELLOW for most folks.
2. No SPF forces you to add an extra layer of cream on top. Not ideal in some climates.
3. Packaging is great (nice pump).

Ingredient wise, this BB cream has all the possible silicones in it + 2 ingredients that rate 5 out of 5 on the comedogenic scale (type "Acne Detective"): isopropyl myristate (8th ingredient) + sodium chloride (17th). How can they claim it’s non-comedogenic? Nice texture, but I paid for it with pimples.

This product wasn't horrible - it makes a great moisturizer. But that is it sadly. It did nothing for my skin and didn't cover or even anything out. I would not purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really liked this stuff but had to stop because everytime I would use it l would break out quite badly. Sad because I really do like it.I bought the light shade and it went on quite Orange and dark but once bounded you couldn't even tell. Really evened out skin tone and i only had to apply a tiny amount of concealer after, if any. One other con besides the breakout is that it was quite hard to take off.. I would wash my face well then tone and some would still be coming off. Also feels quite thick. I would definitely give it a try tho, everyone's skin is different so it nigh not break you out!

on 4/25/2012 3:19:00 PM

Pros:
Elegant packaging
Easy to use pump dispenser
Light to medium shade blends well with my skin tone (medium light)
Adequate coverage to even out redness and discoloration
Very good price point ($19.99 CND)

Cons:
The smell
Did not control oil at all, face looked really shiny after a few hrs
Adhered to dry patches of skin making them look worse, especially around the blemishes that were drying up
No SPF

Basically I felt this was more like a tinted moisturizer as opposed to a genuine BB cream. The bottle states it's for all skin types but I would be hard pressed to recommend this to someone with really oily or really dry skin. Somewhere in the middle is best. The worst part of this product is the smell, horrible, like chemical rot. I have ordered Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream and hope to have better results with that brand. I have no issues with Marcelle in general but this is not a true BB cream and should be sold as a tinted moisturizer. Also, no SPF protection in this day and age, seriously?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did not work for my oily skin. I tried it alone, with powder, with my foundation.. I just couldn't get it to stick on my skin. At the end of the day, I would have puddles of makeup, and bb cream all over the oily zones of my face. The packaging is nice, and the colour does seem to blend in nicely as well, but the lasting effect just wasn't there. I gave it to to my friend who has normal, non problematic skin, and she loves it. I think it really depends on the skin type.

on 4/22/2012 6:54:00 PM

Overall, I'm really loving this BB cream.

Pros:
- Lovely packaging with pump
- Reasonably priced for a BB cream
- Doesn't feel heavy on skin
- Does not accentuate dry skin
- Very buildable
- Easy to blend
- Does not break me out

Cons:
- The smell is disgusting
- Color selection is limited
- No SPF