NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

4.1

on 11/13/2014 7:40:00 AM

I recently bought NARS TM in Alaska after using so many bb creams and wanting a product that was light but provided coverage. This TM was pretty spot on for my NC30 skin and although sheer give a nice light coverage. Kept me pretty much matte all day although I do not have particularly oily skin (rather dry/combo). Really lovely stuff and has SPF too which is an added plus.

on 11/10/2014 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this as my summer face makeup because I wanted a lightweight coverage that would let my skin breathe and had decent SPF protection. I was recommended this by a store employee when I went to Sephora. Initially, I liked it but the more I wore this, the more I found it to be oddly thick and I could feel the makeup on my face toward the end of the day. I have fairly oily skin and I felt that this only added to it (I don't think the formula is oil-free). The coverage is good (for sheer coverage) and applies evenly but I find that for a tinted moisturizer, this feels heavy on my skin. It's not bad and I still wear it from time to time, but it certainly isn't my go-to product.

Nice product. It feels light on the skin and is comfortable to wear. I have light skin with a yellow undertone and I wear the shade Alaska. Although it might be a tiny bit too dark for me, this product is so blendable and forgiving that once it is applied and blended well, the color works great. I apply it with my fingers. It looks very natural - like my skin only better. The only negative for me is that I find that my skin starts looking shiny within a few hours of application, whereas my skin stays matte looking longer with some other tinted moisturizer / bb cream products. However, this is nothing that some powder can't fix. Overall a very solid product.

on 11/5/2014 6:59:00 PM

I seldom write reviews, but I felt I needed to add my 2 cents. I've tried so many tinted moisturizers and foundations, from Chanel to Armani, and I keep going back to this one. It gives a nice light to medium coverage without looking like you are wearing anything. Its dewy and the colors are very nice and natural looking. I hope they never discontinue it.
This is my all time favorite.

on 10/24/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my first review but I was so happy with this purchase I just had to rave about it. I exclusively use tinted moisturizers and over the past 5 years have tried the gamut from Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer, Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint (which I did like but was discontinued), Benefit YouRebel, and even Laura Mercier but none have given me a huge reason to buy again, which obviously led me to Nars.

I have it in Alaska which I guess would be the second lightest. I was originally going to purchase the lightest (Terre Nueve), but it seemed a little pink when I tried it on. A sales person at Sephora suggested I use the Sephora + Pantone Color IQ system and luckily it matched me to this product in Alaska, which is light but with more yellow than pink undertones which is perfect for my Irish Italian skin. Funnily enough, it didn't match me to any shades in my previously used products (whoops).

The makeup feels wonderful on, light but still nice coverage, and it really lasts. I live in Phoenix and if I can wear it all day and still have some come off on my makeup wipe at the end of the day, that's some staying power. It makes your skin look absolutely gorgeous. On the box it says it "Visibly Improves Your Complexion in 4 Weeks". I never really believe claims like that, but I've only been using this for 3 days and I feel like I can see a difference. I'm very impressed.

I know there's a little sticker shock with the price, but when I think of the minimum I'd spend on something like this (~$30), an extra $12 on top of that is worth using a product I feel is significantly superior.

on 10/24/2014 2:53:00 AM

This is one of the best foundations I have ever used. The finish is quite natural, evens out skin tone and reduces the appearance of pores without looking like I have any foundation on (in a good way). It's SPF 30 and moisturizing enough for my combination (oily T-zone, normal everywhere else) skin that I can just slap this on my face after applying serum and it's done.

I deducted a lippie because there wasn't a color that matches exactly to my skin. My skin color is somewhere between Finland and Alaska, so I ended up buying both. Both colors are supposed to be for someone with neutral skin tone (both yellow and red), and while I agree that to be true for Finland (peachy), I think Alaska leans a little more yellow than neutral. My skin color is peachy skin tone that is just a tad bit darker than Finland so I use Alaska to darken the foundation a bit. But the finish is sheer enough that I can probably get away with using just Alaska in the future.

Will definitely repurchase.

on 10/21/2014 7:26:00 AM

I really do love this tinted moisturizer, gives coverage and lets your own skin shine through for a wonderful radiant look. Good for a natural glow, BUT I can not find a shade match. Every color has a strong yellow base and I am a cool coloring with a little pink in my skin so it looks very off compared to my neck/chest, not bringing my foundation all the way to my cleavage!

on 10/17/2014 2:45:00 PM

I've used the LM tm and love it, but I wanted to try this too. I was hoping not to like it and make my choice easier, but that is not the case. I love the NARS tm!! I am NW 20 with dry/normal skin. It stays on all day (with primer), goes on smooth and looks like perfect skin. I bought the shade Terre Neuve and it looks perfect. It's comparable in price to the Laura Mercier tm, so not too pricey.

on 10/5/2014 12:56:00 PM

I absolutely love this product and have been using it for two years now. As with most NARS products it is so richly pigmented it provides amazing coverage--even covers my light melanoma. Even though the packaging does not indicate SPF (due to Canadian regulations), the SPF 30 provides great protection from the sun. I also use YSL foundation and use the NARS Tinted Moisturizer for a no-makeup look on the weekend, but I love it so much I am now using it as my primary foundation.

on 10/5/2014 11:59:00 AM

I really like this - it's more of a light foundation compared to mercier. The color Alaska fits my nw/nc20 skin to a T. It's yellow based which I love to counter the red in my skin. Like I said high coverage for a TM and great sun protection! Lasts all day w a light powdering. I wouldn't go nuts on the powder or the nice finish will be too matted. Not as dewy on me as mercier original. This is oil free. I do feel like I need some bronzer/hilighter and stuff w this, wherein LM I feel lets my natural radiance shine thru. Good stuff smells like creamsicles and I'll repurchase! Oh and being a TM obviously you'll need to conceal under the eye/redness etc. For this I use my undercover pot by LM.