September 23, 2014 | 1636 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

First off, I bought it in beige, which is totally too dark for my skin tone (NW20). It is very reddish toned, so good for NWs I guess. Has a very nice finish, even nicer than some HE powders. However, the coverage is lacking. It didn't cover my under eye circles or acne scarring. Not a repeat buy for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

LOVE THIS POWDER

Pros: Does an awesome job of mattifying my face (I am the most oily person in the world); long lasting; great coverage.

Cons: Hmm the only thing I can think of is the brush that comes with it. Its a strange short tip flat looking brush that is nothing like a kabuki brush. I used it once because all my brushes were wet. It worked okay, but it felt hard and strange to use as a face brush.

Price: Not sure how much the retail is. I got it for $7 off the original price. I think it might retail originally at around $14?

Packaging: I do like the blue color of the packaging, However, it is really deceiving because you think that you get a huge amount of product. But, when you open it, the pan with the powder lifts up to reveal the brush underneath. When that happens, you can see that there is only a thin pan of powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does EXACTLY what it says: gives a nice airbrushed finish with SPF protection. I am AMAZED and totally in love with this powder. Why? Besides the fact that I got it on sale at CVS for $7 and besides the fact that it gives great, flawless coverage with a natural finish, I love it because it's a DUAL purpose powder. It can be used over your regular foundation to set your makeup OR can be used alone AS a foundation. I feel that this powder is light enough to wear on top of makeup, yet somehow heavy enough to wear alone. It's truly a GEM in every way!!!
If you are looking for a product that will give you that "I'm not wearing any makeup, I just have beautiful skin naturally" then this powder is for YOU.
I am FLOORED at the quality and price of this product. I have tried MANY high-end brands of powders and this one beats them ALL hands down.
PF, please do NOT EVER stop making this powder. It's PERFECT!!!
NOTE: The only thing negative I have to say is what the heck is that little brush for? The label claims it's a "buffing kabuki brush." Umm...no, it's not. It's a tiny little flat fan brush. LOL But that's okay, I just ignore the brush and use my own kabuki brush. I swirl my kabuki around, then tap it off, then lightly tap onto my skin, then buff in circles. And voila! - you are ready for ANY type of lighting, event, flash, etc.
Sorry this review was a bit long, I can't stop talking about this product!!! :)
AMAAAAAZZZZIIIIIINNNGGGGG!

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purchased for SPF to augment my Keys Solar RX 30+ since I need to use a powder anyway to neutralize the white cast and shine left by the keys ss.

The only thing I can add that others may not have is that it accentuates every flaw and line I have -- just like every other powder SS I've tried. It may be perfect for younger skins, but my skin just looked terrible with it.

Someone suggested I mist with water after using it, and I tried that, but it didn't help :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I got this product because of the spf 30.I wouldn't call this a foundation but its a nice setting powder.I got it in translucent but there is still a hint of color in it.Looks nice over my liquid foundation.I don't normally wear powder as I have dry skin but I wanted something with sunscreen to put over my makeup.Its a smooth texture and not chalky.Its a good product I just hope that it really does help protect from the sun! I might buy this again

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Nice drugstore powder. Slight shimmer but hardly noticeable. Blends nice onto the skin. brush is useless that comes with it and the packaging is weird. If theres any fallout, and u want the mirror it goes all over not to mention the bulkiness. Streamline this and you have a winner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm pretty upset about this product. It is completely HG except the fact that the color is too dark. I am NC15 in winter and about NC17 (not quite NC20) in the summer. This foundation, even in ""translucent"", fits those who are NC20 or darker. Not only that but I have yellow undertones and PF continues to have this odd peach/red undertone to it. If they changed those two things I'd buy this powder forever. I apply it with a flat top brush and only need to swipe on my face twice. Then I'm flawless. It truly does live up to the "airbrush" name. My large orange-rind pores were almost covered by this powder. That's how much I love this. I'm just so upset that the color doesn't match me. If I can find an alternative I will buy it forever.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just wanted to make a note that the Canadian version does not have SPF in it. :( that is disappointing.
However, this is a really nice powder.
It can be layered for great coverage, and gives a flawless effect. It looks even better over a liquid foundation.
It stays on all day too, doesn't rub off or crease into lines/pores.
Didn't break me out at all, like most powders do.
I find that the lightest color 'translucent' is actually dark and not suitable for my pale skin. It further oxidizes on me to a pink orange color that makes me look very tan and fake.
I do not like the wavy design, it makes it hard to pick up the product. Also not so keen on the packaging.
If it matched my skin I'd be happy with it but I must return :/

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

My latest HG drugstore powder is PF "Youthful Wear". Problem is, it must be the HG of many other ladies as well, because it's always sold out.... everywhere I look. So I thought I'd give this "Mineral AIr-Brushing" powder a whirl. Looks nice.... shiney aqua case, pretty ripples of powder. Not the same. It's much drier (chalky) than the Youthful Wear, and where is the violet scent, which I've come to really enjoy in some PF porducts?! I do like that it has a SPF 30, so I'll give it a fair shot this summer while continuing the hunt for my beloved Youthful Wear powder, but it's very doubtful I will repurchase this product. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

I bought this in hopes of finding a replacement for my beloved Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF50. Unfortunately, it doesn't come close. But it's not the worst product either. It doesn't work perfectly right out of the package -- it's definitely a product that, for me, took a bit of time to "make it work".
---------------------
TEXTURE & COLOR: This product has a nice sheen to it & an almost creamy feel. It doesn't leave my skin looking flat & matte but rather like normal skin. I would say it's a cross between a matte powder & a highlighter. I imagine that oily skinned gals might hate it. I bought it in Translucent & it works very well for my pale yellow coloring. It doesn't put on too much color and isn't too yellow nor too pink. It also doesn't oxidize or darken as I wear it (thank goodness!). The major con is that it looks very powdery, has weird shimmers & clings to dry patches.
---------------------
SHIMMERS & FINISH: I can't understand why manufacturers put glitter in perfectly nice products! When I first used it, it looked great. As the day went on I noticed that there were gold (bright gold, or even yellow) sparkles all over my hands from when I touched my face. They aren't large pieces, definitely microglitter but they are an odd enough color that they stand out even with my yellow undertones. I went home & took a brush to the product, scraping off the top layer in hopes that the glitter/shimmer was mostly on top. It's better now but they're definitely still there.
---------------------
HOW I USE IT: For me, the best way to use this product is to mix it with another powder (either setting or foundation). I dab a bit of this & dab a bit of my beloved Healthy Wear powder & my skin looks great. Alone, this powder is NOT airbrushing, accentuates pores, looks heavy & powdery no matter how little I put on. Keep in mind that I'm over 30. You really have to be careful how much you apply --- only a small amount will work and this is NOT buildable. But if you dab a bit of it to another powder, it gives life to the powder. I used to dab a bit of a highlighter (WnW Acapulco Glow or Reserve Your Cabana) but this is much nicer & more subtle to cut into a powder.
---------------------
THE BRUSH: This product claimed to have a "buffing kabuki" included. Well, it's no buffing kabuki. What's included is something like a really dense fan brush without the handle. It's flat & wide but actually quite soft & dense. I wouldn't use it for this product but I think it works really well as a highlighting brush or fan brush. I actually like it quite a bit (4 out of 5).
---------------------
If you're over 30 and looking for a nice powder foundation that has some SPF in it, this really won't do. It doesn't even claim to be a foundation but a powder only. But, if you have dry skin and you're looking for something to cut into matte powders to give some life to your face, this is perfect. At $15, it's very overpriced but I waited for a sale & got it for $8 which is where I'd value it.
---------------------
EDIT: I've been using this product for over 6 months & finally hit the "sweet spot" at about halfway through. As a setting powder on its own, It's no longer powdery looking & I don't have to cut it into another powder. It's a very nice soft-focus, slightly dewy setting powder. It's still not buildable and I can only use it very lightly as a setting powder by patting it onto my face with a kabuki brush but let me tell you, for a person with very dry skin, this is the only powder that works to set my makeup during the winter months. It works fine during the summer too but the winter is challenging & this is a godsend. It also no longer has shimmers in it (must be just on the top few layers? possibly also helpful that I scraped some of it off?). I don't know but now this product is great. It lost one star because of how long it took to figure it out but it's a really good setting powder for my dry skin!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No