April 24, 2014 | 2053 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by elizabethnace1124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS POWDER. I have it in the shade translucent and have been wearing concealer and this only and it looks great! Has the coverage of a full coverage foundation, but looks and feels light weight. The translucent shade does have a bit of color, so if you have a darker skin tone it might show up. I normally buy PF translucent light and this looks great on me. I would say go for it, and buy the airbrushing kabuki brush too!! HGHGHGHGHG

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by chefjordan

In love! I find it hard to find a drugstore powder that actually has coverage. Most are just "setting powders" that are very sheer. This one has some coverage. The texture is beautiful, it's almost creamy, not chalky at all, probably because of the Mica. I picked it up in Creamy Natural and it works fine for my NC20-25 skin. On days when i'm in a rush or something like that, i just buff it on and i'm out the door. On normal days, I lightly dush it over my Revlon CS and it's flawless. Highly recommended! PS - i haven't worn it out at night yet, just because of the SPF, so I can't vouch on how it performs in flash photos. Cost me about $13 CDN, but came with a $9 mail-in rebate! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I purchased the translucent color but it looked pretty dark in the compact. I did use the half-moon brush that comes with the product which I like much more than I thought I would. Pros: smooth application and the 30 SPF worked well while I spent several hours in the sun doing chores. Cons: Like many mineral makeups, this accentuated pores and lines (caveat: I put it on heavy for the sun protection), it does oxidize but just moderately, there is a touch of sparkle that I do not like, and it contains boron nitrate which I would prefer to avoid. I think this product would work well on young smooth skins, using a light application, but it is not very suitable for my skin. EDIT: I think this may have caused some extra pimples; maybe the boron nitrate in it? I am downgrading to a 2 and throwing it away.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS. it comes with an expiration date for the SPF which is a plus because I know I am protected 100% until that date. Also, this works great as a finishing powder for those sunscreen queens like myself who want that extra protection. Also, it works great alone if you are just running to the store or doing errands on days where you have good skin and you do not want to apply sunscreen. I put this over my tinted moisturizer to make it last longer and it doesn't look cakey or fake. It blends right in. however, I have combination skin so dry girlies might not like this. If they discontinue this I would be so sad because its hard to stock up on an item that has an expiration date
Update 03/16/2013: I STILL LOVE THIS. In natural light translucent is the perfect shade for nC15-nc20 :)
Update 04/29/2013: I still love this. Still HG powder!
Update: 10/06/2013: I still love this but the packaging easily breaks. I am not going to take any lippies off because the product is still amazing. Just do not drop it! :) Still an amazing powder! I just took a lippie off of the packaging section of this rating but still a 5/5/ for product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by hemingwaykitten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only PRESSED powder with SPF 30, so I can keep it in my purse without spills. I have it in Translucent, which is NOT translucent, but a light color which helps even skin tone. Definitely has a powder foundation coverage, which is a plus for me as I do not wear foundation normally. The powder is creamy and really does melt into the skin giving an airbrushed finish. The brush is garbage, I use a retractable kabuki on the go. Physicians Formula used to have really nice packaging. When I first bought the multi-colored highlighter, their powders came in black cases with gold trim, without the stupid see through lids. Those cases were MUCH classier and more durable, and the application made more sense. With the new see through lids, you have to open the lid to get to the product, and THEN look under the product for the mirror. Not conducive to application when the mirror and the product cannot be used at the same time. You have to load the product, flip up the product to see the mirror, apply, then put the mirror back down if you need to get more product. STUPID! I suppose its cheaper but the original packaging was WAY better, as was the original brush. This one is useless. All that said, if you want the SPF 30 in an oil-controlling powder than can sub for foundation, this is a GREAT product. PF, just redo the package and either leave out the crap brush, giving us a thinner package, or include a decent brush to use. Your powders are EXCELLENT and deserve better--I've used very expensive high end powders and powder foundations that are nowhere near the quality of Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Pressed Powder.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

worst stuff ever. Did not go on smothly. looked cakey right away, slid around on my skin once I started to get oily

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by dennyinmi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wanting the "airbrushed" look, yet using powders at the age of 52 can be touchy. Tried the bare escentuals line and was disappointed, the tinted mineral veil turned oarnge on me...so disappointing. This compact mineral talc-free powder is THE BEST!!! And I consider myself a hard sell!! Almost moisterizing and incredible creamy texture this glides on (use your own kabuki brush), swirl it on like mineral makeup...and you have a flawless foundation. I am amazed...13 dollars vs the 25 dollars one can pay for a high end product this beats them hands down!!! I used Creamy natural and the color is just awesome, no pores, no dry cakey look, feels smooth to the touch absolutely no odor...and high SPF...all I can say is WOW. I found it, and I love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ovicki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I returned a different PF powder that was too glittery. I only wanted a light finishing powder and this works perfectly. I also love that I get an extra dose of SPF. I use a very light foundation with this over and I cannot even see it, yet, my skin actually does look somewhat airbrushed-really doesn't look like I am wearing anything. It seems to be of high quality and I am truly happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this powder! Translucent is very light, but it doesn't make me look like a ghost=) I was afraid the beige and creamy natural shades would be too dark, though! I love the new youth powder from PF, but with all the sales and coupons, I wanted to try this new powder from PF too! It applies very well and has wonderful, light coverage over my concealer. I'm not sure why the powder is all wavy in the compact, but nonetheless, the substance is quality!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Canuck06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product! I have never been one to wear foundation because my skin is mildly acne-prone. I've always used CoverGirl pressed powder to take the shine away because my skin often becomes quite oily throughout the day. I recently discovered CG tests on animals, therefore I immediately boycotted the company (personal decision, not here to judge anything/anyone).

I switched to PF Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder in Translucent (I'm pretty fair-skinned). After using it for about a week, I am addicted! I absolutely love the coverage, and it has actually REDUCED the oil my skin develops! The brush is almost pitiful, I use the "poof" type of applicators (the same type as CG's pressed powder). My pores become minimized, redness disappears, any pimples (you know, the ones that decide to show up at inconvenient times) are virtually invisible, and again - no oil! It's almost like the powder alone works as a foundation. Perhaps that is why the previous reviewer has had issues. Maybe the powder in combination with the foundation is a bit too much!

I would definitely recommend this product. Unfortunately, we're not all made the same, so others may not have the same results, but I've certainly found my match!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No