December 22, 2014 | 879 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by lettyb76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in "Translucent". I liked this product at first because it goes on very easily and I like the idea of using powder sunscreen instead of reapplying sunscreen lotion over my makeup. However, when I looked at myself in the mirror in natural light, I noticed that I looked a little bit like a zombie. It gave my fair skin a grayish blue tint. Soon after, I had an eczema outbreak and a couple of pimples (I didn't have any pimples before). I suppose if you don't have sensitive skin and are willing to put bronzer over your face this could work for you. I'll stick to using sunscreen lotion under my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this powder in translucent after comparing it to the 'fair' shade in the store and noticing that it certainly didn't look fair at all.. I was right - even the 'Translucent' is too dark for my skin tone. Especially after it oxidizes something horrible. I have never had a problem with oxidization until I used this powder. I was genuinely shocked to see that I had the dreaded cake face a few hours after I used it for the 1st time! lol I always use a Kabuki brush, so I'm guessing that the powder reacted to my liquid foundation. It doesn't look good over liquid or on it's own.. It's only getting 2 stars because I love the SPF 30 and natural ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jesgot57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Where do I even begin?
I purchased this producting hoping for a pressed powder that would give me a "flawless" look, and this is not it! I have this powder in translucent.
First off, it isnt translucent, this powder does have some color pay off, and there is glitter in it! Yes, glittler, like when I move this powder around in the light, it sparkles. All bad.
But that isn't even the worst. The packaging is horrible! Besides being bulkly and a complete waste of plastic, my lid broke off after 3 uses. The plastic on the outside is breaking off as well. I have not dropped it, and it was not like this when I purchased it. Also, the glue holding the actual powder in is useless. The pan containing the powder easily falls out.
I am very dissappointed, and feel like I wasted my money on a powder I will never use. And Physicians Formula isn't excatly cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

First off, I bought it in beige, which is totally too dark for my skin tone (NW20). It is very reddish toned, so good for NWs I guess. Has a very nice finish, even nicer than some HE powders. However, the coverage is lacking. It didn't cover my under eye circles or acne scarring. Not a repeat buy for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

LOVE THIS POWDER

Pros: Does an awesome job of mattifying my face (I am the most oily person in the world); long lasting; great coverage.

Cons: Hmm the only thing I can think of is the brush that comes with it. Its a strange short tip flat looking brush that is nothing like a kabuki brush. I used it once because all my brushes were wet. It worked okay, but it felt hard and strange to use as a face brush.

Price: Not sure how much the retail is. I got it for $7 off the original price. I think it might retail originally at around $14?

Packaging: I do like the blue color of the packaging, However, it is really deceiving because you think that you get a huge amount of product. But, when you open it, the pan with the powder lifts up to reveal the brush underneath. When that happens, you can see that there is only a thin pan of powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does EXACTLY what it says: gives a nice airbrushed finish with SPF protection. I am AMAZED and totally in love with this powder. Why? Besides the fact that I got it on sale at CVS for $7 and besides the fact that it gives great, flawless coverage with a natural finish, I love it because it's a DUAL purpose powder. It can be used over your regular foundation to set your makeup OR can be used alone AS a foundation. I feel that this powder is light enough to wear on top of makeup, yet somehow heavy enough to wear alone. It's truly a GEM in every way!!!
If you are looking for a product that will give you that "I'm not wearing any makeup, I just have beautiful skin naturally" then this powder is for YOU.
I am FLOORED at the quality and price of this product. I have tried MANY high-end brands of powders and this one beats them ALL hands down.
PF, please do NOT EVER stop making this powder. It's PERFECT!!!
NOTE: The only thing negative I have to say is what the heck is that little brush for? The label claims it's a "buffing kabuki brush." Umm...no, it's not. It's a tiny little flat fan brush. LOL But that's okay, I just ignore the brush and use my own kabuki brush. I swirl my kabuki around, then tap it off, then lightly tap onto my skin, then buff in circles. And voila! - you are ready for ANY type of lighting, event, flash, etc.
Sorry this review was a bit long, I can't stop talking about this product!!! :)
AMAAAAAZZZZIIIIIINNNGGGGG!

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purchased for SPF to augment my Keys Solar RX 30+ since I need to use a powder anyway to neutralize the white cast and shine left by the keys ss.

The only thing I can add that others may not have is that it accentuates every flaw and line I have -- just like every other powder SS I've tried. It may be perfect for younger skins, but my skin just looked terrible with it.

Someone suggested I mist with water after using it, and I tried that, but it didn't help :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I got this product because of the spf 30.I wouldn't call this a foundation but its a nice setting powder.I got it in translucent but there is still a hint of color in it.Looks nice over my liquid foundation.I don't normally wear powder as I have dry skin but I wanted something with sunscreen to put over my makeup.Its a smooth texture and not chalky.Its a good product I just hope that it really does help protect from the sun! I might buy this again

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Nice drugstore powder. Slight shimmer but hardly noticeable. Blends nice onto the skin. brush is useless that comes with it and the packaging is weird. If theres any fallout, and u want the mirror it goes all over not to mention the bulkiness. Streamline this and you have a winner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm pretty upset about this product. It is completely HG except the fact that the color is too dark. I am NC15 in winter and about NC17 (not quite NC20) in the summer. This foundation, even in ""translucent"", fits those who are NC20 or darker. Not only that but I have yellow undertones and PF continues to have this odd peach/red undertone to it. If they changed those two things I'd buy this powder forever. I apply it with a flat top brush and only need to swipe on my face twice. Then I'm flawless. It truly does live up to the "airbrush" name. My large orange-rind pores were almost covered by this powder. That's how much I love this. I'm just so upset that the color doesn't match me. If I can find an alternative I will buy it forever.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No