August 2, 2014 | 1015 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm pretty upset about this product. It is completely HG except the fact that the color is too dark. I am NC15 in winter and about NC17 (not quite NC20) in the summer. This foundation, even in ""translucent"", fits those who are NC20 or darker. Not only that but I have yellow undertones and PF continues to have this odd peach/red undertone to it. If they changed those two things I'd buy this powder forever. I apply it with a flat top brush and only need to swipe on my face twice. Then I'm flawless. It truly does live up to the "airbrush" name. My large orange-rind pores were almost covered by this powder. That's how much I love this. I'm just so upset that the color doesn't match me. If I can find an alternative I will buy it forever.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just wanted to make a note that the Canadian version does not have SPF in it. :( that is disappointing.
However, this is a really nice powder.
It can be layered for great coverage, and gives a flawless effect. It looks even better over a liquid foundation.
It stays on all day too, doesn't rub off or crease into lines/pores.
Didn't break me out at all, like most powders do.
I find that the lightest color 'translucent' is actually dark and not suitable for my pale skin. It further oxidizes on me to a pink orange color that makes me look very tan and fake.
I do not like the wavy design, it makes it hard to pick up the product. Also not so keen on the packaging.
If it matched my skin I'd be happy with it but I must return :/

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

My latest HG drugstore powder is PF "Youthful Wear". Problem is, it must be the HG of many other ladies as well, because it's always sold out.... everywhere I look. So I thought I'd give this "Mineral AIr-Brushing" powder a whirl. Looks nice.... shiney aqua case, pretty ripples of powder. Not the same. It's much drier (chalky) than the Youthful Wear, and where is the violet scent, which I've come to really enjoy in some PF porducts?! I do like that it has a SPF 30, so I'll give it a fair shot this summer while continuing the hunt for my beloved Youthful Wear powder, but it's very doubtful I will repurchase this product. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

I bought this in hopes of finding a replacement for my beloved Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF50. Unfortunately, it doesn't come close. But it's not the worst product either. It doesn't work perfectly right out of the package -- it's definitely a product that, for me, took a bit of time to "make it work".
---------------------
TEXTURE & COLOR: This product has a nice sheen to it & an almost creamy feel. It doesn't leave my skin looking flat & matte but rather like normal skin. I would say it's a cross between a matte powder & a highlighter. I imagine that oily skinned gals might hate it. I bought it in Translucent & it works very well for my pale yellow coloring. It doesn't put on too much color and isn't too yellow nor too pink. It also doesn't oxidize or darken as I wear it (thank goodness!). The major con is that it looks very powdery, has weird shimmers & clings to dry patches.
---------------------
SHIMMERS & FINISH: I can't understand why manufacturers put glitter in perfectly nice products! When I first used it, it looked great. As the day went on I noticed that there were gold (bright gold, or even yellow) sparkles all over my hands from when I touched my face. They aren't large pieces, definitely microglitter but they are an odd enough color that they stand out even with my yellow undertones. I went home & took a brush to the product, scraping off the top layer in hopes that the glitter/shimmer was mostly on top. It's better now but they're definitely still there.
---------------------
HOW I USE IT: For me, the best way to use this product is to mix it with another powder (either setting or foundation). I dab a bit of this & dab a bit of my beloved Healthy Wear powder & my skin looks great. Alone, this powder is NOT airbrushing, accentuates pores, looks heavy & powdery no matter how little I put on. Keep in mind that I'm over 30. You really have to be careful how much you apply --- only a small amount will work and this is NOT buildable. But if you dab a bit of it to another powder, it gives life to the powder. I used to dab a bit of a highlighter (WnW Acapulco Glow or Reserve Your Cabana) but this is much nicer & more subtle to cut into a powder.
---------------------
THE BRUSH: This product claimed to have a "buffing kabuki" included. Well, it's no buffing kabuki. What's included is something like a really dense fan brush without the handle. It's flat & wide but actually quite soft & dense. I wouldn't use it for this product but I think it works really well as a highlighting brush or fan brush. I actually like it quite a bit (4 out of 5).
---------------------
If you're over 30 and looking for a nice powder foundation that has some SPF in it, this really won't do. It doesn't even claim to be a foundation but a powder only. But, if you have dry skin and you're looking for something to cut into matte powders to give some life to your face, this is perfect. At $15, it's very overpriced but I waited for a sale & got it for $8 which is where I'd value it.
---------------------
EDIT: I've been using this product for over 6 months & finally hit the "sweet spot" at about halfway through. As a setting powder on its own, It's no longer powdery looking & I don't have to cut it into another powder. It's a very nice soft-focus, slightly dewy setting powder. It's still not buildable and I can only use it very lightly as a setting powder by patting it onto my face with a kabuki brush but let me tell you, for a person with very dry skin, this is the only powder that works to set my makeup during the winter months. It works fine during the summer too but the winter is challenging & this is a godsend. It also no longer has shimmers in it (must be just on the top few layers? possibly also helpful that I scraped some of it off?). I don't know but now this product is great. It lost one star because of how long it took to figure it out but it's a really good setting powder for my dry skin!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by elizabethnace1124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS POWDER. I have it in the shade translucent and have been wearing concealer and this only and it looks great! Has the coverage of a full coverage foundation, but looks and feels light weight. The translucent shade does have a bit of color, so if you have a darker skin tone it might show up. I normally buy PF translucent light and this looks great on me. I would say go for it, and buy the airbrushing kabuki brush too!! HGHGHGHGHG

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by chefjordan

In love! I find it hard to find a drugstore powder that actually has coverage. Most are just "setting powders" that are very sheer. This one has some coverage. The texture is beautiful, it's almost creamy, not chalky at all, probably because of the Mica. I picked it up in Creamy Natural and it works fine for my NC20-25 skin. On days when i'm in a rush or something like that, i just buff it on and i'm out the door. On normal days, I lightly dush it over my Revlon CS and it's flawless. Highly recommended! PS - i haven't worn it out at night yet, just because of the SPF, so I can't vouch on how it performs in flash photos. Cost me about $13 CDN, but came with a $9 mail-in rebate! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I purchased the translucent color but it looked pretty dark in the compact. I did use the half-moon brush that comes with the product which I like much more than I thought I would. Pros: smooth application and the 30 SPF worked well while I spent several hours in the sun doing chores. Cons: Like many mineral makeups, this accentuated pores and lines (caveat: I put it on heavy for the sun protection), it does oxidize but just moderately, there is a touch of sparkle that I do not like, and it contains boron nitrate which I would prefer to avoid. I think this product would work well on young smooth skins, using a light application, but it is not very suitable for my skin. EDIT: I think this may have caused some extra pimples; maybe the boron nitrate in it? I am downgrading to a 2 and throwing it away.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS. it comes with an expiration date for the SPF which is a plus because I know I am protected 100% until that date. Also, this works great as a finishing powder for those sunscreen queens like myself who want that extra protection. Also, it works great alone if you are just running to the store or doing errands on days where you have good skin and you do not want to apply sunscreen. I put this over my tinted moisturizer to make it last longer and it doesn't look cakey or fake. It blends right in. however, I have combination skin so dry girlies might not like this. If they discontinue this I would be so sad because its hard to stock up on an item that has an expiration date
Update 03/16/2013: I STILL LOVE THIS. In natural light translucent is the perfect shade for nC15-nc20 :)
Update 04/29/2013: I still love this. Still HG powder!
Update: 10/06/2013: I still love this but the packaging easily breaks. I am not going to take any lippies off because the product is still amazing. Just do not drop it! :) Still an amazing powder! I just took a lippie off of the packaging section of this rating but still a 5/5/ for product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by hemingwaykitten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only PRESSED powder with SPF 30, so I can keep it in my purse without spills. I have it in Translucent, which is NOT translucent, but a light color which helps even skin tone. Definitely has a powder foundation coverage, which is a plus for me as I do not wear foundation normally. The powder is creamy and really does melt into the skin giving an airbrushed finish. The brush is garbage, I use a retractable kabuki on the go. Physicians Formula used to have really nice packaging. When I first bought the multi-colored highlighter, their powders came in black cases with gold trim, without the stupid see through lids. Those cases were MUCH classier and more durable, and the application made more sense. With the new see through lids, you have to open the lid to get to the product, and THEN look under the product for the mirror. Not conducive to application when the mirror and the product cannot be used at the same time. You have to load the product, flip up the product to see the mirror, apply, then put the mirror back down if you need to get more product. STUPID! I suppose its cheaper but the original packaging was WAY better, as was the original brush. This one is useless. All that said, if you want the SPF 30 in an oil-controlling powder than can sub for foundation, this is a GREAT product. PF, just redo the package and either leave out the crap brush, giving us a thinner package, or include a decent brush to use. Your powders are EXCELLENT and deserve better--I've used very expensive high end powders and powder foundations that are nowhere near the quality of Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Pressed Powder.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

worst stuff ever. Did not go on smothly. looked cakey right away, slid around on my skin once I started to get oily

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No