Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch - Ivory

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan I Sostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesiumsulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoylglutamate, Methyl - Paraben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilarecutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract. May Containr: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I got this for 6.99 in Boots yesterday. I have previously used L'Oreals Touche Magique and Magic Lumi. Both are of average quality, the Touch Magique being the better of the two. I then stumbled across a plethora of reviews for this! I assume that Ivory is also called Radiance in USA? Anyhow, this is MUCH better. Better actual coverage and after leaving it to set for a minute it blends amazingly. Admittedly ive ONLY JUST put it on, so i cant comment on the longevity, but first impressions are impressive :)

on 4/1/2012 7:11:00 PM

I stumbled across this and went ahead and bought it without reading reviews. L'Oreal makes a similar one that didnt get such wonderful reviews so when I saw this I thought Id try it and its great. The coverage for under the eye is pretty good, not incredible, but it goes on sooo smoothly and doesnt clump or get stuck in fine lines at all. It also really does make the whole eye light up with is something my other concealers (even the ones that cover well and have a good texture and staying power) dont seem to do. For that reason alone this def tops my other go to concealers bc the overall effect is just great! The only reason I dont give a 5 is the coverage isnt perfect but unfortunately Im learning it seems if you want a nice consistency you have to sacrifice some coverage!
UPDATE: A few weeks later and I still love this! It really stays all day and doesnt crease. plus I used for the first time today to cover a pimple and it was FLAWLESS. It melts into skin without disappearing and really does somehow seem to reflect light in such a way that you dont see the blemish! Its a wonderful product and Id recommend to anyone!
UPDATE AGAIN: changed from four to five stars...this stuff lasts all day in the florida summer sun! it does help to set it with powder for under the eyes but when i use on blemishes i dont need powder or foundation and not only does it stay but it looks exactly the same 12 hours later as when i put it on, still seems to magically reflect light away so not only is the redness from the pimple gone but u dont notice the bump either, just looks like smooth skin! a total winner

on 3/30/2012 9:55:00 PM

This is the first d/s concealer I've tried in years. I'm so happy with my purchase!

The coverage is light to medium, depending how you apply. I brush in on generously under my eyes, and it provides the perfect level of coverage, without looking obvious or cakey. I set with LM Secret Brightening Powder and it lasts (just barely) through my work day. I have a tiny bit of melasma around my chin, left over from my pregnancy, and this does a nice job of evening that out. I don't find it's opaque enough to cover blemishes, however (I prefer LM Secret Camo or Edward Bess for breakouts).

The amount of product in the packaging is nothing to write home about, but because of the price point, I'm okay with that. The applicator is the standard style click pen. I don't have any issues with it, or find it difficult to use.

I'm NC15ish and Ivory was a great match for me.

on 3/22/2012 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This pen has surprisingly nice coverage! I was not expecting much as I got it as part of a BOGO event, but I really like it. I use it mainly on red spots or older brown spots. A simple touch is all it takes to reduce redness dramatically and I like that I don't have to blend after, maybe just a tap of a fingertip, but that is all. I like to wear little makeup sometimes and this allows me to spot correct, something that typically does not work for me at all.. Do be careful when turning the pen so too much does not come out. I look directly inside like is the barrel of a gun and turn the pen just until see the concealer and then stop, there will be more than enough product this way without too much mess. I will buy this product again, much better than the L'Oreal one that I tried after enjoying this.

on 1/24/2012 11:10:00 PM

This is my first concealer, I bought it for my dark circles because they have become extremely noticeable after many days of working late shifts! I kept turning the top because nothing was coming out and then a bunch came out and I was not happy that I wasted the product but that's my own fault (becareful when trying to get product out the first time!) I dabbed the concealer under my eyes and blended it in, It covered my dark circles but still looked natural (like I didn't put anything on!)I looked more awake! I also put it around my mouth and the corners of my nose (basically what the back of the package said to make the dark areas lighter) and didn't come off the entire day even after I cried it stayed put! It was 10.99 canadian which was pretty pricey for me since I'm only in highschool and I need to pay for my own things but since I like the coverage and texture I don't think I'd want to (or need to) go off and look for another concealer since this one exceeded my expectations! I'm also pale and I was scared this wouldn't be light enough but it was<3 I don't know what they mean my luminous? I think they mean glowy because I did have a somewhat glowy natural looking face..to be honest I felt like my face had been photoshopped with this stuff on and my other products :) I feel and look flawless!

on 1/20/2012 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

dream lumi concealer is a nice concealer that i've picked in ivory to go with my maybelline dream nude foam foundation in natural beige.it conceals well,last long,it dries fast so you need to blend it fast,it brings enought luminosity to the under eyes area.i sometimes use it with another concealer to optain a more neutral color.it brightens the under eyes area and makes you look,more awake.love it!