August 2, 2014 | 991 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using my clarisonic for over 2 years & love it! It makes my face feel baby soft & clean! My skin purged when I first started using it, but it got better with continued use. My skin is smoother & more even. I use this a few times a week at night along w/ my neutrogena gentle cleanser & tazorac gel. My acne has gotten a lot better!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by brittanymc1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the Clarisonic after getting back from holiday from Europe. My skin was very congested after me not looking after it while i was holidaying, and I had a lot of breakouts and redness so i thought the Mia would clear this up. I was wrong.

I used the system for about a month before I gave up. I had terrible, painful breakouts on my forehead, a place in which i had never experienced pimples, let alone cystic acne!
My skin was sore and tender, however i persisted. Insisting that it was the "purging" stage that everyone talks about, however when i stopped using it, my skin cleared up so dramatically. I now only have one pimple left to clear up and a few dark spots left from the Clarisonic.

I will now be sticking to washing my face with a face cloth and cleaner as well as using my retin-a cream at night. I'm not sure how to return this product so I will reserve its use for a body washing system.

If you have acne or have ever had acne this system is not for you! The brush head is impossible to get clean and you never know if it is completely clean. Don't risk it!
I am still recovering from my Clarisonic breakouts.

Very disappointing.

(I used the sensitive brush with my normal non foaming cleanser and toner)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by goldrauschengel

I have given this to myself as a birthday present because eventhough my skin has been very good lately, I am sort of a skincare fan and after reading all the praise on MUA I knew I had to try it. I have been using this once a day, usually before bedtime, for two weeks now. No purging phase, thank God. What I have noticed is smoother, softer and more radiant looking skin, after use I will have a healthy glow with rosy cheeks. That being said, I cannot say yet whether this product will really make such a big difference in the medium to long run.

Edit after six weeks: Still no problems such as drying or purging, but the effects on my skin are rather subtle...Skin looks healthy and radiant, pores in the t-zone have become finer. However, it's not such a big change that anyone else would notice. I do wear less make-up now though...

Edit after three months: Honestly this just did not make a very noticeable difference on my skin, so I used it less and less regularly...Like maybe twice a week. However, I have actually purchased a replacement for the brush today, hoping that maybe a change in the brush will make a difference. I am going to try using the delicate brush at least once daily from now on, before I had the standard senitive brush but that felt a bit too harsh for everyday, like whenever I would rinse my face after the Clarisonic my skin would burn for a moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love my Clarisonic Mia 2! I got it in February 2013 and I use it every day since then. I have acne and it definitly cleared up my acne. It removes all of my foundation and other face products so well! The only thing I don't like about the Clarisonic mia 2 is that it's so expensive.. But it's so worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by MsSailorMouth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay so I will try and remember to update periodically. Today is day 1 of using my Mia2 I freaking think I can get addicted to this thing. My face feels so refreshed and light! I never had problems with breakouts until College I thought your 20s are suppose to be your skins wonder years. Ugh. My skin had clogged pores on my cheeks, jawline, and forehead these are flesh colored bumps that make the texture yucky and I periodically get cystic acne mostly on my chin and of course I always have at least 1 or 2 zits on my face. Using this with a gentle cleanser for removing makeup and every few days 10% PanOxyl. I apply acne.org AHA+ every few days as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Well I know my teeth feels cleaner when I use the electric toothbrush, so I am applying the same principles to this electric face brush. I do like this a lot and I notice a difference when I don't use it. I got the hot pink one from sephora during their sweet 15 celebration. It came with an xtra head brush, travel case, face cleanser, and cute travel bag for the same price as the regular Mia 2s

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got my Clarisonic Mia 2 from QVC. They had a great price that also included some Anti- aging cleansing lotion and night gel from Peter Thomas Roth. Well, I am not sure if the results I'm experiencing are from the skin care product's or the Mia 2- or both; So far, the results have been great! I can see notable improvement in the clarity and smoothness (texture) of my skin- Plus, it feels really GOOD. I wasn't very impressed with the travel case (minus one lippie) but I love the shape of the Mia 2 and that it is so easy to use/charge. I could get addicted to using this- and now that I have been using it, I probably wouldn't feel right cleansing my face without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got my Mia in March. I have to say, it's helped a lot but hasn't done everything I want it to. Background on my skin (before Mia): combination, always had breakouts, always had cystic acne that would stay there foreverrrrrrrr.
I got my first cystic acne since Mia the other day from a horrible hormonal breakout. So it has done a good job in regards to that. It has done well with my breakouts too, but I always breakout no matter what during "that time", and it's pretty bad. But they are usually clear within a week thanks to my Mia.
What I'm disappointed in is that my acne scars have not lightened. Some of the tiny ones have, but the real problem ones are the same. Also, my pores are still huge. Luckily, I found the Mint Julep Mask and that did the trick.
Overall, I couldn't live with out this. So glad I'm free of my cystic acne. I just wish my acne scars had lightened more, but maybe with more time it will do the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by northernsam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having read reviews on here before purchasing my Mia 2, i felt i should add a review of my own. I am currently pregnant and suffering with lots of tiny breakouts, but was wary of using topical chemicals due to the unknown risks. Having read lots of positive reviews i thought the Mia 2 was worth a shot. I've been using it for 2 weeks. It was easy to charge and easy to use. The carry case is a bit poor but i'm sure it offers a bit of protection if needed.

Upon first use I didnt notice any amazing results, but I didnt have a bad reaction either. I have continued to use it once a day and have started to see that the red marks and uneven texture from my previous breakouts have started to clear and my skin does look a bit more healthy. I am still getting tiny breakouts but I didnt expect the Mia 2 to fix my hormones! I have managed to ditch my foundation and go back to a tinted moisturiser during the day which i consider to be a good result.

I dont appear to be going through the "purge" which others have experienced. I have been occaionally cleaning the brushhead with antibacterial soap so that i dont spread bacteria over my face. It does feel quite harsh on my face but I have been using it with Dermalogica ultra calming cleanser and the combination seems to work for me.

I hope to continue to see a steady improvement in my skin, but on first impressions I'd "recommend to a friend".

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Hannakis

Clarisonic got fantastic reviews online so I decided to try it. I was very skeptical at first because the idea of exfoliating your skin twice a day sounded a little bit crazy. But I put all hesitation aside, went ahead and tried it.
After first use my skin felt so smooth and soft and after couple of weeks I noticed that my acne scars started to fade away. I was very happy.
The only problem is that the product didn't prevent me from getting blemishes and blackheads. I was still getting them, at the same time I felt like my skin was getting thinner with all that unnecessary over exfoliation.
Brochure that comes with Clarisonic says nothing about disinfecting the brush only that it needs to be replaced every three months. Do you just wash it and store after using it? It didn't feel right and I stopped using the product.
I realized that there is better and cheaper alternatives to exfoliate your skin. Sometimes I mix baking soda with my regular cleanser and it exfoliates great. Skin glows the next day. Brown sugar works well too.