Clarisonic Mia2

4.2

I'm a sale junkie and love a bargain as much as the next gal- but this is one of those things that's worth the extra cost.
Ok.... consider me a Mia convert from the Olay ProX. I was under the false assumption the mechanism of action was similar. Not so. The Clarisonic truly does use the same technology as the Sonicare toothbrush to remove debris, it vibrates (300x/sec) back and forth- the bristle movement is hardly perceptible. In contrast the Olay ProX brush head goes in a full circle. This is the whirling tugging my esthetician warned me about for premature aging.
The Mia 2 is great- 2 different speeds, and pulses when it's time to change face areas (20 seconds on forehead, 20 for nose/chin, and 10 for each cheek) if you're familiar with the Sonicare toothbrushes you'll know what I mean.
So it's gentler on the skin than the ProX, and does a superior a job with none of the tugging. It's like having an esthetician at home.

(Note: if you're in the military or a family member check the Px- I got the Mia 2 for $125 no tax and they sell the Mia original for 100 flat where I'm at {at press time}).

on 2/22/2014 11:06:00 AM

I first heard about the clarisonic when my friend bought one about a year ago, she raved about how much it helped her skin and I noticed even a difference in how her skin looked. This past Christmas after lots of research on the Clarisonic website and watching youtube videos I asked for one and received the Clarisonic Mia 2 in the pale pink color! Yes the price is high but you get what you're paying for, and also at the time mine was bought a deal was going on so I got a free small makeup bag and cleanser along with what already came with the cleansing device, charger, travel case and one cleanser. The Clarisonic Mia 2 is life changing! I love the way it leaves my skin feeling clean and breathable! I find that using the deep pore brush works the best for my skin! Don't have any doubts about buying this product, it is worth it!

on 2/20/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I never thought i would EVER spend so much money on a beauty product...BUT I AM SO GLAD I DID! I LOVE MY MIA2! My only regret is not purchasing this a long time ago. I use philosophy purity...two times a day....morning & night...and my skin has NEVER been better! I highly recommend you make the splurge...you won't regret it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been mulling over purchasing this product for a period of a few months, I would constantly go to Sephora and look at it and one day I just decided I'd give it a shot. I am 18 and I still struggle with some acne, most people tell me they don't really notice it but it makes me feel self-conscious especially when I'm in class and I look around and everyone else seems to have clear skin. I've been using this with a phisoderm cleanser and complex 15 moisturizer and my skin seems to be in it's tail end of the "purge" stage. Even when this product made me break out, my foundation has been going on more smoothly then ever before and I can tell that when the acne clears up my skin is going to be perfectly smooth. I use it once a day otherwise the brush head could irritate my skin.

on 2/10/2014 7:12:00 AM

How long have you used it?:
About a week in so far but I'll update periodically!

Where did you buy it?:
I bought this on ebay for about $100 CAD, though after I received it in the mail I found a lot of people saying that there are MANY fakes found there so be careful.

Before:
I have a lot of redness with my skin and right around the time I had ordered it, my combination (but very dehydrated) skin was starting to flake around my nose area, so I was worried the brush would be too abrasive and that I would have to wait until it went away which usually takes a few weeks.
My face also has a good number of acne scars so I use medium to heavy make up very often. On rare occasions, light make up. I was 'blessed' with acne from a very young age and have always been an ocd picker so you can imagine how inflamed my face would be every day.

Why I bought it:
I've always been very conscious of my skin and acne has haunted my life for very long. To paint a picture, I got acne before I or anyone my age knew what it was. As I entered high school, I started to become very obsessive about making sure I had good skin. I tried many products, and most would only work for so long before I would have to get another. So several years later, I learned about the Clarisonic line of products and it immediately caught my eye.
I watched plenty of reviews on youtube about how it worked for people and different skin types, and I decided to try it because I thought, at the very least, it would take off my daily buildup of make up and unclog my pores.

Verdict so far:
My redness and dry patches went away within the first two-three days, and products worked better on my skin (makeup AND facial cleansing/moisturizing).
Pores that have been huge since I was in elementary schools shrunk to sizes I never thought would be possible for me.
I'm not sure how it does with acne yet but I'll let you all know soon.

Advice:
If you want to try it but you aren't sure, there's very little downside to buying it. If you buy it and like it, keep it. If you buy it and like it but the brush is a little harsh or the low setting seems to harsh, buy the delicate brush head. If you don't like the results, just return it and get all your money back. However, too keep in mind that you want to get a very gentle cleanser to use with this if you want to use it daily or even twice daily because anything with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide with be too harsh to use with it every day. If you need acne clearing medication, get it in the spot treatments and use little dabs. Get a toner or witch hazel to wipe your face after using to avoid as much 'purging' as you can and to get off whatever little bits may possibly have been left. Get a moisturizer that has no acne medication so you don't need to worry about it drying your skin. Instead, get one based on the amount and kind of moisture you want for your skin and if possible, spf esp. if you're out often. (I have witch hazel, a toner, a heavy duty moisturizer and a spot treatment.)

on 2/9/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Quick background on my skin - I have an oily t-zone, dry patches on my cheeks, and have acne prone skin. I'm on my 3rd week of using the Mia 2 and Im hoping this is just the splurging phase because I'm getting cystic acne along the side of my face. At first I did notice a change in my skin's texture and I did feel like my pores were not as big however, I did not see any drastic changes on the black heads on my nose, nor the little white heads clogging up my forehead. Now, I am having WAY more breakouts than usual and worst of all their cystic pimples. I will continue to use it for a full six weeks and will update if my skin changes.

on 2/5/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love my Mia2. My dermatologist recommended it for my oily acne prone skin. I use it with my Mario Mario Badescu cleanser and it leaves my skin soft and smooth. I stopped using toner because this cleans so well that I don't need it. The first month I used it I did break out a little around my chin but it cleared up eventually and it was something I expected to happen. I highly recommend this if you have troubled skin like mine.

I received the Clarisonic Mia 2 for christmas and used it for a month. I stopped using it because it broke me out quite a bit. My skin felt softer, but looked rough and bad.

I used it once a day on the low setting with the gentle brush head, but it still irritated my skin. I'm using a buf puf sponge right now and love it!

on 1/22/2014 6:21:00 PM

After using this for 6 weeks, I can see how my skin has reacted to this product. First of all the price has made me refrain from buying this product ($175 + tax CAD!!!), but once bought I have had no regrets even though I have had a few issues with what it has done leading up to now.

My skin is combination with eczema. My biggest problem is bumpy blackheads on my forehead and on my inner cheeks. My skin was so congested and looked horrible under makeup. I'll have an occasional pimple but I stress the word "occasional". I have enlarged pores because I am oily. I also get dry, flaky patches due to my eczema.

I started using this the third week of December. The first week I felt it only smoothed the surface, but no addressing the blackheads. The second week, things stayed the same. The third week, my skin was much more smooth and I noticed my products being better absorbed. But with the smoothness came some dry patches.. Very stubborn patches! Moisturizer wouldn't rid of them, and the clarisonic did nothing for them. I realize now that it was eczema.

The fourth week I had given up hope that this woul do nothing for me. I'd given up nearly $200 for this to do nothing except give me some dry patches!! Yet I continued to use it since I couldn't bare to lose out on that money. I decided to get radical one night and extract my blackheads on my face. Every single one I could find since I noticed the clarisonic opening up my pores. The blackheads came out very easy.

The fifth week, my skin has stayed clear from when I extracted. My skin is smooth, more even toned, pores are clear, no more blackheads, and my makeup looks beautiful. I actually enjoy looking at myself in the mirror now and not cringing when people look at my face up close. Without makeup I feel confident.

This is the sixth week and everything is still going good. My skin has never looked better and all I had to do is wait 6 weeks for results. Thank god I never gave up. To address the dry patches I went to my doctor and he told me it was eczema. He gave me a cream and that has taken care if it. Baby soft, smooth skin free of flakes. In addition to clearing my pores, I also use Murad T-zone pore refining gel. Without the clarisonic this gel has done nothing for my skin. Now it's blackhead free and this duo together prevents blackheads and clogged pores.

I wash my face with Olay sensitive foaming face wash. Apply the Murad gel, then apply my moisturizer which is Nivea Soft face body hands. My skin is mostly oily with attacks of eczema every now and then. This combo is perfect for me! Also, I did not purge and I use the sensitive brush head. I wash my clarisonic every week with an anti bacteria hand soap. I only use the brush at night after removing my makeup with a makeup remover wipe.

on 1/21/2014 4:49:00 PM

I researched this product extensively before purchasing and reading so many excellent reviews eventually encouraged me to go for it. I'm adding my own review because despite really wanting this to work my experience was incredibly disappointing.

Just to give a little bit of background, I have combination skin which is prone to the occasional breakout (usually just a couple of spots once a month) but is generally in pretty good condition with no major issues or sensitivities. I purchased the Mia2 just hoping to generally improve the radiance of my skin and 'perk it up a bit' because the winter weather was leaving it looking a bit tired.

I used the 'sensitive' head which was supplied with the brush once a day in the evening with my standard REN mayblossom cleanser. For the first 2-3 days my skin looked radiant, my products sank in right away and I didn't get a single blemish. However, it all went down hill from there and soon after I developed around half a dozen very deep, red and painful spots on my cheeks and chin where I had not previously had issues. In addition I developed a sort of rash on my forehead with lots of tiny little bumps that never came to the surface but looked terrible even under make up. I had read about the 'purging phase' so I wasn't put off and continued using it in hope that it would be over soon and then the amazing skin stage would start.

Unfortunately this never happened, I developed more of these deep, painful spots and eventually gave up using the product after about 4 weeks. Within a couple of days my skin began to calm down and the angry spots stopped appearing so I'm pretty certain that the Clarisonic was the cause. After a month I still have the marks and I imagine it will be another month or 2 before they fade. I returned the Mia2 under the 90 day guarantee so at least I got a refund.

So I suppose while this product works for many people it seems that it's not for everyone and perhaps if you have good skin in the first place it might not be worth it. The guarantee certainly takes the risk out of splurging on the product not working out but frankly for what it's done to my skin and the distress it's caused I wish I hadn't bothered.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools