March 2, 2015 | 2014 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia2

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received my lavender Mia2 for Christmas and I am in love! I have taken care of my skin fairly well prior to using this and my skin wasn't terribly bad as far as breakouts are concerned. Primarily, I was looking to even my skin tone, reduce my pores, and deep clean my pores more so than any way I've ever done in the past. I've always removed my makeup before bedtime with a washcloth, extracted as needed (on my nose mostly), and exfoliated with various scrubs and/or tools, such as the olay pro x. I still think the pro x is a wonderful tool, however it doesn't oscillate like the clarisonic does. My bf loves the pro x so I passed it on to him.

Fortunately I have not experienced a "purging phase" in the time that I've used it, which is not quite a full month yet. I believe if I were to have a horrendous break out, it would have already started by now and I would have at least noticed odd pimples in unusual areas. Not so thus far and I believe its due to the care I have taken for my skin prior. Perhaps it's different for everyone's skin, but I feel lucky either way.

If anything my skin is much better than before. My pores are actually smaller and I notice less clogged pores, even the ones under the skin on my cheeks where I believe make up/residue might pile up. Not to mention the smoothness I've noticed as well! My moisturizers and make up seem to be performing better than ever. Even my foundation appears to stay on longer and look more skin-like.

I use the sensitive brush head. Before cleansing, I remove eye make up and all that I can with a MU remover wipe, then wet my face and cleanse with my neutrogena naturals cleanser. Sometimes I have gone two minutes because I want to, though that's only once a week I may do that as not to over do it. I don't recommend sensitive skin individuals to do that.

I look forward to using this each night. I love the color, the feel of it in my hand, even the gel cleanser that comes with it. I only use that cleanser on days when I've not worn any make up and have none to remove. It's expensive so I only use it sparingly. I love it so much and I'd recommend it to everyone. My skin is on its way to looking fabulous already.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Jnsbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure about how I feel about this quite yet. I have been using if for almost three weeks. At first I was using it with purity from philosophy. I had never used purity before and I got the worst break out ever after using it with the clarisonic only after two times. I thought it was the purging stage and continued to use it. The acne got so bad and in places I haven't ever had acne before, I figured it was the purity. I stopped using purity and used the sample size cleanser that came with the clarisonic. My acne cleared up a little. But then at two weeks, it started getting really bad. I have huge painful pimples all over my forehead. I have white heads beside my nose. I have never ever had that before. This is probably the purging stage right now. I use my clarisonic twice every single day. I think that is also the problem. I am going to cut back to only nights and see what that does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

3/13/14: I've been using the Mia2 for 3 months. My face looks great. It's that time of the month for me when my breakouts are typically at my worst and all I've gotten is a little tiny red spot on the side of my chin. Yay! No big bumps, no blackheads. Occasionally I get a whitehead around my nose/mouth/chin, but they are very very small. I still get a couple of tiny red bumps around the nose, but its nothing that can't be covered easily. My skin is soft and much smoother. No flakes or dry patches. Makeup looks 10x better. Looks like I've broke through the "purging" beginning stages that I read about. They can last over 6 weeks. I am very happy with my Mia2. Looking forward to spending more days makeup free! I wipe my face & eye makeup off with Simple wipes first. I use the Mia with a gentle foaming cleanser, toner or witch hazel, and a moisturizer. It seems to be a good combination.

UPDATE 2/11/14: It's been 4 weeks since I've used the Mia2. I've had just a couple cystic acne, red and painful, along my jawline. I'm randomly getting little zits & whiteheads near my nose and mouth, but not cystic acne. My forehead looks awesome, smooth, & clear. The exfoliation is still awesome and my face still feels and looks very clean after using. The Mia helped reduce that "surprise" zit faster if used once a day, however, it hasn't yet eliminated my breakouts. So far, I am happy with the results, I feel like my cheeks and forehead have improved, but the area around my mouth, chin, and nose are still breaking out (like they always do!). I will keep using the Mia to see if it keeps improving.

1/10/14: I just got this yesterday and have only used it 2x, but so far I am pleased. I am happy with the immediate results. It does make my skin feel extra clean. My skin looks polished and the pores seem smaller.Some of my dry flaky skin is disappearing and seems to be clearing up the tiny bumps on my chin and forehead, as well. I use the sensitive brush head on low speed. My fiance says my skin is super soft. That's a plus. It is a bit pricey brand new, but can be a good investment. I bought mine brand new on ebay for $80 (no warranty). I'll be back to update to share some long term effects.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It feels gentle to the skin. It functions smoothly, even when magnetically snapping it to the charger... ah... butter! It is nice but it is not going to change your skin. Don't expect miracles. I still usually reach for my washrag over this because a washrag is way more efficient.

CLEANSER:
The cleanser that accompanied this product was good but I will not repurchase due to price. I have used this with Cetaphil and was not impressed.

PRICE:
It is overpriced. I would say a fair price point would be $40 for a Mia2 + charger and that's pushing it. Smart phones cost less than this. Ridic. If you appreciate the feel and function of luxury items, you will enjoy it. If you can't afford it, save your money. Like I said, I still reach for my washrag over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by aineregan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so happy with my clarisonic Mia 2, it is a fantastic product and well worth the money. I have been using it for about 2 months and see a huge improvement in my skin but even after a week of use I noticed a difference. It has improved the texture of my skin, reduced pores and gotten rid of blackheads. Makeup goes on beautifully now and skin is radient, no flaking. I use it with lancome crème confort

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by sanamsi85

I was very hesitant to spend 200 bux!! to buy a clarisonic set. I am very happy I made the purchase so far. People around me have started noticing that my skin looks so much healthier and nicer only after a week. I really think, it depends on your skin type and the type of problems you may have with your skin. I did not have any deep issue with my skin. I had big pores due to oily skin, so this product was a miracle for my skin. I did have a very light break outs only the first two times that I used the product, but it went away very quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Sophiee1806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i was a bit skeptical to add this to my christmas list as my skin is very sensitive, but after reading the reviews i will definitely be buying it with christmas money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Used a. Few times but it broke me out! I really want to love this but I'm scared to use it again. I use the delicate brush with my regular face wash. Not sure what to do.

Edit (1/11) tried this again and haven't broken out! Will use every other day until I see anything negative

Edit (1/19) loving this! So glad I tried it again. FYI it have rosacea and breakouts. I use with my regular face wash and delicate head

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by yourdearjuliet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Clarisonic Mia2 !! I just got this for christmas and was so excited. My skin is combination/acne prone and I've been looking for something to give me a really great clean feeling. This little device not only leaves you feeling clean but my blackheads disappeared just like that! I've been struggling with blackheads for years and now they've vanished. The only downside I can possibly think of is that the pre-set timer of 1 minute just doesn't feel like enough time. I love that I can use my own cleanser with this unlike the Neutrogena Wave. Makes it so much better knowing I have what fits my skin. Also love that you can switch up brush-heads for your skin type. I'm not sensitive, but I use the sensitive brush-head, kind of nervous to try the Deep Pore Cleansing brush. Also, I have only been using it for a few days so I don't know how my skin will react to the "purging" stage I've been hearing so much about with this device. But hey, if that's all I need to go through to get beautiful, radiant skin, so be it! This is my HG of skin care! My skin is glowing and vibrant, blackheads diminished, smooth to the touch, and my pores are visibly MUCH MUCH smaller. The texture of my face is bliss! Better than it's ever been . I highly recommend splurging the money for this yes it's a bit pricey but you'll be so happy with the results!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Kirstyd94

So I've just received the Clarisonic Mia 2 for my birthday as I wanted to try it but the price had deterred me. I have normal skin but sometimes combination I guess as I get oily in the T-Zone. As far as pimples, the majority are hormonal breakouts however I do get a few around my chin occasionally. But what made me want to try it was these little bumps I get on my forehead. They're not full pimples but I've had them for a long time and no matter the product, they never clear up! As they aren't pus-filled, I can't remove them, and no matter the makeup they're always visible.

Let me just say, I've used the clarisonic four times. FOUR. So once a night for the past 4 nights. Not only does my skin already feel softer and clearer I.e blackheads on chin are disappearing. But the majority of the bumps on my forehead are GONE!

I've been using it with the clarisonic home brand cleanser that I received as a GWP for an Xmas special. So it's not an overly expensive or crazy cleanser. In fact I'm not sure i would have bought that one if it didn't come free. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

This combo had worked miracles for me, leaving me with softer, clearer skin with not even a weeks use to its name. I've never been so impressed with a product.

If you've been umming and ahhing about wether to fork out the money to purchase it, take the plunge. Or ask for it for chrissy/bday gift. It's definitely worth the hype. Hoping it will help with the rest of my blackheads and enlarged pores in future! I will update if there are any dramatic changes :)