November 21, 2014 | 1727 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia2

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Jossychen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a pink Mia 2 as a birthday gift and have been using it for two weeks!!

I always feel like cleaning make up off even with a make up remover is not good enough because some make up may still be stuck in the pores, and even after washing with a cleanser I would still feel paranoid about it. Singapore's weather is extremely humid and there can be a lot of sweat oil dust etc on the face. All that junk plus make up on the face is so darn harmful for the skin :(

Ever since I used the Mia 2, everyday I feel like I just went for a facial! I absolutely LOVE it and it is a God sent product HAHA! I use it once everyday at night and my skin has definitely felt a lot smoother and cleaner. Pores r tighter too and less visible!! Not even kidding.. It is a great investment ;)

Cannot wait to use my masks after washing my face cos the products r absorbed into the skin really effectively!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 4 months, and absolutely love it.

I wear a lot of makeup and this really gets it off. I used to have really clogged pores, but they're been really clear since I've been using this. I think it's helped with acne, but between going off the pill and having lifelong terrible skin I wasn't expecting any improvement whatsoever in that area. Even though this is expensive I will be buying again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by peekachoo

I love this. I don't know how i have lived without it. It looks fabulous, i got the yellow one. You can use it in the shower. I use it on my face and decollate and they have both never been smoother and more glowing. It feels like it stimulates blood flow too. I use it with the Obagi system and it really is a true investment. They compliment each other perfect. I even bought one for my best friend as a present as i am so in love with it. Make sure you buy an authentic one as lots of fakes on ebay etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using the Mia2 once a day regularly since December 2011. I can definately feel the difference in the level of cleanliness of my skin when using the Clarisonic.

My acne is hormonal, so nothing much can touch that, but the smoothness and over all tone of my skin has improved. My skin is very sensitive, and I have never experienced irritation or a jump in blemishes. It is directed to be used twice a day, but I have yet to try this. I like using it at night to make sure all of my makeup is removed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kelloveyou

I was very fortunate to receive my clarisonic mia 2 for Christmas last year. I charged it almost immediately after unwrapping it and used it that very first night. I loved how clean and soft my skin felt after the first use, but as I continued to use it my skin became irritated and broke out. I stopped using it after that. I decided to do some research on the clarisonic again recently and read a lot about the 1-2 week purging phase which I had experienced months ago. After reading about that and watching some videos on YouTube I decided to take my clarisonic out and start using it again, and I am so happy that I did! It's a great product and I think it's totally worth the money, even though I didn't pay for mine. I use mine at night with my Purity face wash. I always remove my makeup with makeup remover wipes first though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by rosalee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently my left cheek and chin (jawline) have been breaking out badly - I have lots of closed comedones and a bit of cystic acne (not too much). I went to my MD and he suggested I use Benzoyl Peroxide 5% so I went for Zapzyt...BIG MISTAKE! It left my face dry, patchy with lots of dark spots but didn't take care of the problem what so ever it only made it worse and I couldn't wear makeup over it to look decent for work. I was desperate to try anything to get rid of this problem; I browsed the reviews for the Clarisonic Mia2 and was a little iffy (too pricey and read about the purge). Went on Amazon and ordered my Clarisonic Mia2 along with Philosophy Purity and recieved it the next day and WOW! On the first day I felt a huge difference - the texture of my face was much softer and it peeled off some of the dead skin Zapzyt had left. I bought the Clarisonic Mia2 Acne Cleansing System and it comes with a soft brush so I'm using the system as is including the cleanse it comes with. It's been a little over a week and OMG the texture of my face is so smooth, smaller pores, some of the zits have started to dry out, no more dry dark patches but it doesn't seem like it's doing anything to my closed comedones maybe it's a little too early for that. I only use it once a day - at night before bedtime. My makeup even applies so much better and smoother than ever before.

Skin Care Regimen

Morning: wash my face with Philosophy Purity - apply Original Olay cream

After Work: wipe off makeup then wash face with Philosophy Purity - apply Original Olay cream

Night: wipe face, use Clarisonic, apply Aloe Vera straight from plant only to problem area then apply Olay Night Fortify cream to the rest of my face and leave aloe and cream over night.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by r3shma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally saved up to buy the Mia2 and it has been the best investment ever. I have super sensitive skin and I had tried the olay cleansing tool which always broke me out badly. Although this does break you out the first time you use it, after that it is the best thing that happens to your skin. My skin has become smooth and absorbs products really well. It is on the expensive side but definitely worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Karinpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used the clarisonic mia2 for a couple of months now and I really like it! I use it only once a day, at night, to remove my makeup. I remove my eye-makeup separately (as you're supposed to) and then I just slap on some gel cleanser on the brush, use it for one minute and I'm done! I really like it and it's quite satisfying to see how dirty the brush is after you're done cleaning your face. I've used this with a couple of different cleansers and I would definitely recommend using a gel based cleanser, as I feel that when using a milk/lotion I have to stop and reapply the cleanser to the brush after about half the time. The clarisonic is quite a splurge but I definitely think it's worth the money. My pores appears to be smaller in size (due to the clarisonic getting rid of more of the "gunk"), my skin is clearer and softer. The clarisonic is a must for me, and it definitely makes cleaning your face more fun!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by craines

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was resistant to buying this for so long, due to my sensitive skin and the price of the product, but I finally bit the bullet and purchased it. I have acne and oily skin that is super-sensitive. This brush leaves my skin feeling clean and so soft. I can tell that it does a good job of cleansing and exfoliating without irritating my sensitive skin. I wouldn't say that it has done wonders with my breakouts as that still happens frequently, but it has reduced the blackheads quite a bit. The texture of my skin has changed tremendously and it really feels so soft, which I love. I can definitely tell the difference when I don't use it for a few days. Overall a must have for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by syyskuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A little bit of my skin history first.

I had acne when I was 14 years and it lasted for about two years and it left me with red and deep scarring on my cheeks. I have oily skin with dry patches around my nose.
Now I'm 20 years old and for the past 4 years I've had pretty good skin with occasional breakouts. On this year it has been down to that I only had one bigger hormonal breakout on my chin once per month and my red scarring on cheeks has disappeared also deep scarring has faded alot.

So,
I bought my clarisonic mia 2 in middle of august and used it for about a month, twice per day since my skin seemed to take it well. About 3-4 weeks ago my chin brokeout very badly and I had bunch of cystic type of bumps that were very painful. of course I got scared because not even in my teenageyears havent I had this type of breakouts.
So, I continued using clarisonic everywhere else except on my chin, hoping it would calm it down.
After few days I got one bigger hormonal type of bump near my nose and on my cheek, then I decided that it was time to take a break from clarisonic because it seemed to make my skin worse.
For the past 3-4 weeks I haven't been using the clarisonic but my chin is still breaking out, everyday I notice how another cystic pimple is forming under my skin.
So, now I have decided to use only honey, apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to cleanse and to treat my skin.

Before clarisonic I would just wash my face with water in the morning and in evening use wipes to remove makeup and then wash with water + exfoliate when needed.
With clarisonic I used just some basic facewash and toner.

Summary of all this:
At first I loved how the clarisonic made my skin smooth and soft but later on it made my skin feel and look more bad than it has been for years. I don't think that the huge cystic bumps were/are part of the "purging" stage, I think the clarisonic irritated my skin and I'm not going to use it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No