October 25, 2014 | 1472 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia2

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by r3shma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally saved up to buy the Mia2 and it has been the best investment ever. I have super sensitive skin and I had tried the olay cleansing tool which always broke me out badly. Although this does break you out the first time you use it, after that it is the best thing that happens to your skin. My skin has become smooth and absorbs products really well. It is on the expensive side but definitely worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Karinpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used the clarisonic mia2 for a couple of months now and I really like it! I use it only once a day, at night, to remove my makeup. I remove my eye-makeup separately (as you're supposed to) and then I just slap on some gel cleanser on the brush, use it for one minute and I'm done! I really like it and it's quite satisfying to see how dirty the brush is after you're done cleaning your face. I've used this with a couple of different cleansers and I would definitely recommend using a gel based cleanser, as I feel that when using a milk/lotion I have to stop and reapply the cleanser to the brush after about half the time. The clarisonic is quite a splurge but I definitely think it's worth the money. My pores appears to be smaller in size (due to the clarisonic getting rid of more of the "gunk"), my skin is clearer and softer. The clarisonic is a must for me, and it definitely makes cleaning your face more fun!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by craines

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was resistant to buying this for so long, due to my sensitive skin and the price of the product, but I finally bit the bullet and purchased it. I have acne and oily skin that is super-sensitive. This brush leaves my skin feeling clean and so soft. I can tell that it does a good job of cleansing and exfoliating without irritating my sensitive skin. I wouldn't say that it has done wonders with my breakouts as that still happens frequently, but it has reduced the blackheads quite a bit. The texture of my skin has changed tremendously and it really feels so soft, which I love. I can definitely tell the difference when I don't use it for a few days. Overall a must have for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by syyskuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A little bit of my skin history first.

I had acne when I was 14 years and it lasted for about two years and it left me with red and deep scarring on my cheeks. I have oily skin with dry patches around my nose.
Now I'm 20 years old and for the past 4 years I've had pretty good skin with occasional breakouts. On this year it has been down to that I only had one bigger hormonal breakout on my chin once per month and my red scarring on cheeks has disappeared also deep scarring has faded alot.

So,
I bought my clarisonic mia 2 in middle of august and used it for about a month, twice per day since my skin seemed to take it well. About 3-4 weeks ago my chin brokeout very badly and I had bunch of cystic type of bumps that were very painful. of course I got scared because not even in my teenageyears havent I had this type of breakouts.
So, I continued using clarisonic everywhere else except on my chin, hoping it would calm it down.
After few days I got one bigger hormonal type of bump near my nose and on my cheek, then I decided that it was time to take a break from clarisonic because it seemed to make my skin worse.
For the past 3-4 weeks I haven't been using the clarisonic but my chin is still breaking out, everyday I notice how another cystic pimple is forming under my skin.
So, now I have decided to use only honey, apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to cleanse and to treat my skin.

Before clarisonic I would just wash my face with water in the morning and in evening use wipes to remove makeup and then wash with water + exfoliate when needed.
With clarisonic I used just some basic facewash and toner.

Summary of all this:
At first I loved how the clarisonic made my skin smooth and soft but later on it made my skin feel and look more bad than it has been for years. I don't think that the huge cystic bumps were/are part of the "purging" stage, I think the clarisonic irritated my skin and I'm not going to use it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by KathrynS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got my Clarisonic at the beginning of 2013 (so 7 or 8 months ago). I love this product. I used to have TERRIBLE acne! Normal acne that left hyper pigmentation scars and the deep cyst acne that stayed around for months then left scars! I've had many moms and kids ask me what happened to my face. It looked like I had some disease or something. Never saw a dermatologist though. I went to my GP and he prescribed clindamycin. This did absolutely nothing for my skin. In fact, it reacted with my toner (which I know for a fact works very well for me) and it made my skin look sunburned red and even more "diseased".
Earlier this year, my mom surprised me with the Clarisonic Mia2. At first, it didn't seem to be doing anything. Maybe even made my acne worse. But after 2 months or so of continuous use, it DRAMATICALLY REDUCED my acne! Instead of never seeing a day without a cyst or acne all over my face, it became less often and less often. Occasionally, I do see my acne return for a week or two, but you can't expect a total miracle.
I wash my face every morning and night with the mia2 using the Hydro Cream Cleanser (also from clarisonic), then use the Proactiv Step 2 Toner (seriously reduces redness, HG toner right here), then use a sensitive skin face lotion from Walmart. Voila! I no longer have people asking what is wrong with my face! And those who know me, randomly comment on how much better my skin is!
The only thing I have to say, it that it is harsh on your skin. You have to use a lotion to repair your stripped skin. Trust me. It may take a while to see results, but I'm very happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by SparkleandFaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't say this is a terrible product but it should definitely be used with CAUTION and cleaned regularly. After reading lots of reviews I decided to purchase the Clarisonic, I used it twice a day with my Holy grail soap-free cleanser and for the first 2 months my skin had never looked so AMAZING. It minimized my pores, eliminated blackheads, evened out my complexion etc. etc. etc. BUT one day I noticed tiny skin coloured bumps forming around my jawline and thought nothing of it. After a while the bumps spread across my WHOLE face and formed a type of acne/rash I had NEVER seen in my whole life. Several doctors prescribed me topical then oral antibiotics and they would not go away THEN Progressively got worse. Only with a combination of manuka honey and active charcoal masks and rubbing alcohol has my skin cleared up. Im left with a lot of scarring and deep blackheads. Also stubborn bumps along my jawline that are really painful. All things I never had/experienced/seen before using the clarisonic. I do think this product could be beneficial if you really know your skin ie. how often to use the clarisonic and what type of cleaning your skin can handle. As much as they stress that this is not an exfoliator .. It Is!! Even with my terrible experience .. My skin prior to the rash was SO amazing (best since high school) that I would try it again with EXTREME caution.. Maybe 3 times a week just once a day or something. Also I would clean the brush with something strong and antibacterial like rubbing alcohol (regardless or what they tell you at the store) rather than just soap and water. I freaked out and returned it to Sephora but maybe in a few months I'll give another go.. Or just stick to my $3 brushes from the body shop (LOVE).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by SupremeMushroom

I have been using the clarisonic since April 2013. I use the delicate brush with Cetaphil and I use it in the afternoon and before I go to bed. I am very acne prone and have very oily skin.
Before Clarisonic: I usually had at least 5 medium sized spots. During my cycle, my spots would easily be two times in size.
After a few uses: My skin was definitely a lot softer and smoother.
After a week: My skin cleared up leaving a small spot. I did not go through a purging phase at all which i think is due to the delicate brush.
Now September 2013: My skin has definitely cleared up but not completely. It's still very rare for me to have no spots. I only get one or two small ones now. During my cycle, I will now only get maybe three small to medium sized. My blackheads and whiteheads have not been completely eradicated and the feeling of soft skin fades after a while.
Verdict: It's a pain to replace the brush heads every 3 months and it is expensive. It definitely cleans my skin thoroughly enough to prevent spots but not effective enough to clean out blackheads or whiteheads. It also has a short battery life. The clarisonic and the delicate brush head has improved my acne and acne scars which I think makes it a highly recommended product. However, when my Mia stops working, I will probably try the Foreo Luna because it doesn't need brush heads and is apparently more gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After much deliberation, I finally gave in and purchased the Clarisonic Mia 2 at a nearby Sephora. Even after reading all the great reviews I was still a little hesitant. I mean shelling out $150 (without tax) on a facial brush wasn't exactly my forte, but I did nevertheless. I made this purchase Aug 30 and I just returned it this past Saturday Sept 14. Why? You may ask? Because despite leaving my face feeling cleaner than ever before, I found no other reason as to why it was worth $150. I mean I'm sure it works amazing for others, but I: don't wear any makeup so there was really nothing it could pick up, and my skin is pretty clear. I was really excited for this product but I didn't get the glow I read so often about. Also, a usage of 2 times a day was really too much for me. Exfoliation really should only happen 1-2 times a week. So if you don't wear makeup and have clear skin. This might not be for you. I think I would buy this product again if I felt I had an extra $150 laying around. But right now I'm okay without it.

Update:
Okay, so after a while without the Mia2 I noticed some bumps on my forehead that a washcloth could just not get out. I decided to just give the Mia2 a try again, but instead use the sensitive brush. I am sooo glad I did because I love it! this time I'm definitely keeping it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Carolynnb90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm still very new to my clarisonic, I've been using it less than a week. So far it's calming down my acne and everything, but the reason i'm commenting is something strange that occurred today. I used the Mia2 for probably a full 30 seconds on my nose area in an attempt to clear out my clogged pores, and i guess the sonic vibrations were just too much! A few vessels in my nose burst and i got a mild nose bleed. I haven't had a nose bleed since an allergic rxn to flonase years ago. I guess this is just a warning to all the other new users out there: This thing is SUPER powerful. Even if you don't "feel the dirt getting shaken out of your pores" like many of these reviews state, the clarisonic is really getting deep down with those sonic vibrations! Maybe keep this in mind if you're tempted to overuse your shiny and fantastic new toy :) Otherwise i'm 3 days in, purge free, and hoping i can update this with good news soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using my Mia2 for over 2 years now & love it! I've been struggling with acne since I was 10 years old. I'm 21 now and, though my skin isn't completely clear (I always have breakouts here & there), it's much better than it used to be. I usually have clusters of pimples on my t-zone, chin, & jawline. My breakouts are less inflamed & decreased in number (used in combo w/ tazorac 0.1% gel 2x a day). It cleans my skin very thoroughly, & removes all of my makeup. Overall, it's amazing & worth the money. Try it!