April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

**EDIT 12/3/13** Nearly 6 months later, and I'm still thinking this is a great investment for my skin! Here are a few more thoughts from my experience with this product:

-if you have acne that seems really red and inflamed, you may not want to use the clarasonic over it. It seemed to cause a bit of irratation and extra redness for me. Little pimples, ok go ahead but larger, red ones seems to not agree with manual exfoliation.
-YMMV, but I have noticed a bit of smoothing in the eye area where crow's feet were begining to form. Obviously, the Mia2 isn't a wrinkle eraser, but in conjuction with my rentinol serum, its making a difference.
-You can pop the outer ring out and use the smaller portion to really get your nose and the sides very clean . Awesome trick, espically if you struggle with blackheads there like I do!
-Honestly, I haven't cleaned mine with anything fancy. I remove makeup first, then use the Mia. I have used plain, antibacterial soap to clean occasionally it and it works fine. I was concerned about bacteria and using something like this, thinking it might cause breakouts, but it's been fine so far. I change my brush every 3 months.

**ORIGINAL REVIEW** Summer 2013:
Can't believe I waited this long to cave in and buy a Clarasonic!!! LOVE IT and despite my skepticism and reluctance to shell out $150 for a single skin care product, I am really glad I gave it a chance.

I'm on Day 6, only using it at night on the lowest speed with the sensitive brush and a fragrance free facial cleanser, followed by a toner and retinol cream or BHA gel (my usual routine is to alternate each night). The timer is great, prevents me from spending too much time in one area, which could possibly cause skin irratation. So far no, added redness or acne and I definitely notice the blackheads on my nose look smaller and not as bumpy. The rest of the skin on my face feels so much smoother and softer as well. No washcloth, facial scrub, or chemical exfoliate (AHA/BHA) I've ever used has made my skin feel this even and soft.

As far as the "skin purging" that I keep hearing abut well, I think something either irritates your skin or it doesn't. "Purging" seems like a catchphrase used by companies to keep you buying/using products while you ignore the fact that it's damaging your skin. I also think that people are pressing too hard when they use it or getting overly excited and using it 2 times a day right away. It's kind of like using a retinol cream...you start out small and then work your way up if necessary. After using this for a week, I feel like twice a day would be too much. My skin is sensitive but oily, too much manual stimulation makes my skin red and blotchy.

For the best experience, and after 2 months of research, here are my tips and observations:
-use a facial wash designed for your skin type, preferably fragrance free (scent is the #1 skin irritant)

-and please, do not use a facial scrub with the clarisonic! Saw a couple people doing this on youtube as well. Gotta say, just because you like a " makeup guru" on YT doesn't mean they know jack about skin care. While many of them are amazing at doing makeup, the skin care products they recommend are often loaded with irritants.

-go slow, do not press, just gently touch the brush to your skin and go in small circular motions. It should glide across the skin...this is a facial cleansing tool, not sandpaper! Some of the youtube videos showed people rubbing it in and going really fast. ouch!!

-use the sensitive or delicate brush, the normal and pore-cleansing acne brush seem a lot more stiff and scratchy from what I could tell while at Sephora.

-In reviews/videos I've seen, a lot of people bought the clarisonic and other skin care products and started a whole new regimen. Then when they broke out they blamed it on the clarisonic but how could they know for sure? Don't change your other skin care products...wait until you've used this for awhile so you can determine if it is causing you problems.

I find myself using less toner, less moisturizer and my foundation looks better (i don't use foundation primer and my foundation is a drugstore brand). If investing in this product means I will have to use less of that stuff on my face, then it was a justified purchase.

Even though I've only had it for a week, I really can't imagine being without one and I wish I would have gotten it sooner. Is it amazing? Maybe. But I am seeing results? Surprisingly, yes! Overpriced? Definitely. Would I buy it again if I lost mine? Absolutely.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My son, who is a teenager, suffers from moderate acne (probably 10-15 pimples at any given time). I bought the Mia 2 in November of last year for myself but I suggested he try it too. He used the delicate skin brush-head and I used the sensitive one. My skin is pretty good so, to be honest, I haven`t noticed to much of a difference, but my son has been using it twice daily and it has really made a difference in his skin ! It seems to be most effective when using the acne brush-head (which I can`t seem to find in Canada (strange). I would say that he had to use it for a good 4 months before noticing any difference. He skin isn't completely clear but he now only has 1 or 2 pimples instead of a dozen before. He uses this in conjunction with the Clinique foaming acne cleansing wash and it's really working!

I will definitely be buying this again if I ever lost it.

I think the only bad part about this gadget is that the battery takes forever to charge and it only seems to last one week per charge.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by chernasy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did notice a difference when using this device. I am a couple of weeks away from turning fifty. Had mild to severe acne all of my life. That issue has, for the most part become a non issue in the past three years. Now that I do not have to deal with acne anymore, I can use things on my face that previously I could not.

So, as to whether this will work with someone whose face is still actively and routinely breaking out - I can't say. But, for me, this product reduces the appearance of pores, reduces the appearance of lines, wrinkles, sagging skin and has an overall clarifying effect. Is not irritating at all. The brush does not spin. It is very soft and simply vibrates. You are not supposed to mash this into your skin or use it to scrub. It is meant to be moved across the skin lightly. I use it with a combination of two cleansers - one is Panoxyl Face Wash and the other is Alpha Hydroxy foaming facial cleanser. The panoxyl keeps oiliness at bay, the Alpha Hydroxy exfoliates with acid and cleans and dissolves all make-up. I happen to really like the Clairsonic and think it is a high quality product that does bring about a good, noticeable change in the appearance of my complexion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is truly the best birthday present I have ever received! I was given a bunch of different choices for my potential present and I was very torn. I couldn't decide on what I wanted - make up, a new vanity, etc. Then I realized...even if I do buy more make up my skin is still really bad right now. But if you have beautiful skin, you use less make up, and you are more beautiful. I went to Sephora and I saw it...the limited edition 15 year anniversary hot pink Clarisonic! It came with a super cute lace travel bag and an additional sensitive brush head. I was beyond ecstatic and I couldn't wait to go home and use it. You're supposed to charge it for 24 hours prior but I was much too excited. I used it in the shower (i LOVE that its waterproof!!!) and I used it on the faster setting. I can't even begin to describe how cool this is - it has a timer on it for 60 seconds and you are supposed to use it for 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 seconds on your nose n chin, and 10 seconds for each cheek. After the first 20 seconds is done it literally vibrates telling you to move on to the next section. I love that the most about it. My skin has never felt better - i had some horrible disgusting breakouts and this def made them feel and look better. I also noticed my skin wasn't oily at all!!! It was a miracle. I can't wait to get the deep cleaning brush head.I willl continue updating you guys on my progress with my skin. I have had a small amount of purging but nothing too crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by corinsky325

I am absolutely in love with this product! I got mine a few weeks ago from amazon.com and all the positive reviews are true. I was so excited and used it right away (although it needs to be charged for 24 hours initially) and I can actually feel and see the difference! My boyfriend tells me how great my skin looks, even without make up! I also like how the free Clarisonic Refreshing Gel smells and the convenient case that comes with my Mia2 making it easy for me bring it during travels. This product is a bit pricey but its a good investment for those who wants to have great looking skin. I am definitely recommending this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I got this as a gift for Christmas. I have used it off and on for my face. It hasn't made my face perfect or problem free, but I don't think it has caused any additional problems. I think for my own personal skin I can't use this on my face every day. It does tend to exacerbate my acne if use it too much. I've been attempting to use it once a week and that seems to be really successful for me. My skin feels super soft after I use it. I recently changed from the sensitive skin brush to the normal brush and surprisingly like the normal skin brush more.

I've also found this is great to use on my entire body. I use it to exfoliate when my sunless-tanner gets yucky and blotchy. It really helps when my tan has started to get really gross looking. I just use my Mia 2 all over my body and it really softens up the areas of discoloration. I usually let my skin mellow for a day and then start applying my sunless tanner again. It seems like this is a weekly thing. Must be how my skin sheds, but regardless my Mia 2 has really helped make the weird shedding days much easier to get through. Highly recommend giving the Mia 2 a try in this way. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the best birthday present I ever bought myself! I thought some of the reviews were a bit of an exaggeration, but nope, it really works! I use it for about 2 months now, twice a day. My skin was extremely oily and now it's closer to combination, and acne-prone is gone! I rarely get a spot now (my acne is hormonal) and my skin looks better than ever before! It also looks like spots are leaving me alone easier now (they don't last that lond) I think part of it is also due to Avene products I am using (the matifying cleasning foam is doing miracles, along with the matifying fluid...) but overall, I am extremely pleased. I use the deep pore cleansing brush (my pores looks slightly smaller and squeaky clean, no blackheads at all!) and I love taking it with me when I travel. BE CAREFUL IF YOU BUY ONLINE: I bought mine from SpaceNK as I wanted to see it first, but while doing a bit of research online, I found at least 3 sites that looked identical to the original one, all claiming to be the official ones. The only way of distinguishing them was bad English (I mean, basic level...) and some suspicious prices and colours (down to £50? yeah right...)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by tracyz058

I've been using this for the past 6 months and I love it. I've always been lazy with washing my face but this product makes me want to wash my face. It makes my skin feel clean and fresh. After a week or so, people began noticing my complexion improved and my skin was glowing. Now I can't live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

I have been using this for two weeks (disclaimer) but I am liking it already! It definitely feels cleaner than normal and I like to use it after a long day of makeup. I do not use it everyday but once every other day as my skin is quite sensitive, but so far all has been good. I have tried using it with a foamy cleanser and Cetaphil and both have worked find for me. I have had lil small bumps on my cheeks before - oilseeds/whiteheads, I'm not sure, but using this has definitely reduced them and made my skin feel smoother and softer. Tip: don't press it on your face but let it jus glide over your skin. My friend who bought this at the same time as me had red patches on her skin because she pressed too hard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

All I can say is Wow!!! What am amazing thing this is!!!! I bought a couple of cheapo knock-off's before this and they were just 'ok'. Thankfully QVC had this baby on like 5 easy pays, so I had to get it.
The new Mia2 comes in gorgeous colors....I wanted the pink blossoms but it was sold out, so I got the pretty blue/green blossoms...Love it!! Very chic!
I wasn't sure if the 'sonic' cleaning was any better than the drugstore knock-offs, but it *really* is a world better!!!! The Mia2 is entirely automatic, so you press the button and it gives you 20 secs to do your forehead, then it beeps and tells you to move to your nose/chin, then beeps when it's time to do one side of your face, then the other...then it shuts itself off. Kool, right?lol
You only need to charge this thing like once every 3 months with daily use. Plus the charger is totes kool...it just magnetically sticks to the front of the handle--no plugging it in or anything! Soo kool!!haha
The only nitpick I have is why no stand? I think you can buy them separately online but seriously, couldn't they have thrown one in?! That's kinda cheaping out if you ask me...
On the plus though, it did come with pretty good sized samples of Peter Thomas Roth cleansing gel and his funky moisturizer/primer thingy, so I guess it's ok there's no stand (although I would have preferred a stand over the PTR stuff lol)
Anyway, seriously amazing product and it cleans my skin like nobody's business! My pores are looking better, my skin is glowing now...
This is definitely a beauty must-have if you can get a good deal (Check out QVC!!)