Clarisonic Mia2

4.2

on 3/2/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Skin type - Super Acne Prone

I've been suffering from acne for 11 years and ive tried almost ALL the products out there catering to acne and even went on Roaccutane which only provides temporary results.

I got Clarisonic Mia2 as a birthday present and I've been using this for a month now with my Philosophy's Purity Made simple Cleanser and it's safe to say that it has improved my skin tremendously! I used to have 5-6 under the skin type of acne cluttering at one spot on my cheeks that just sits there and simply won't go away. Now i only get 1-2 really tiny zits at odd places. I LOVEEEE MY CLARISONIC MIA2! it's expensive but it's worth it.

on 3/1/2014 9:30:00 PM

**UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM**

I have wanted a Clarisonic for over a year and finally splurged when I got my tax refund. Because it's so costly, and because I'd wanted it for so long I really, really wanted to love it. I ended up sending mine back after only a few weeks of use.

My skin is combination, but mostly I have eczema-prone dry patches and my skin is extremely sensitive. I thought the Clarisonic Mia2, with all of its adoring users and claims from dermatologists on their website would be a miracle tool in my skincare arsenal. While it does leave the skin feeling super clean, it makes the skin feel a little too clean. I want to share the pros and cons to hopefully explain my decision to send it back.

*PROS*
~It is a top of the line skincare tool. If the Olay Pro-X brush is a Chevy Camaro, the Clarisonic is the Rolls Royce. It's *the* face cleaning tool.
~It does clean well.
~It is easy to keep the brush head clean.
~It is waterproof.
~2 speed settings allow you to control how much vibration you want.
~It has prompts to let you know when to move to the next section of your face. 20 seconds for nose/chin, 20 seconds for the forehead, and 10 seconds for each cheek. It also shuts of automatically, so you don't over wash.

*CONS*
~It is, in all honesty, way more expensive than it needs to be even for the level of technology involved.
~The brush heads are not as easy to replace as, say, the Olay ones (which can be found at most drugstores, Target, and Wal-Mart). The replacement heads (which must be replaced every three months) can only be purchased online, at select skincare clinics, and I think Sephora. They also cost $25 apiece, so you're look at $100 per year in brush heads alone. You can buy a 4-pack for $75.
~It takes a ridiculously long time to charge. If you prefer to run your batteries all the way down before charging them, remember that it takes a full 24 hours to fully charge the Clarisonic.
~The body brush heads cannot be used with the Mia2.
~It cleans a little too well. For someone with sensitive skin, even using the sensitive brush head and following the instructions to a T you can end up stripping the skin of healthy oils. This cause me to have very dry skin.
~I found the brush head to be a little large, which made it next to impossible to get the tight, but zit-prone crease just outside my nostrils.

All in all, I wouldn't say this is a bad product, It just wasn't a product that worked as well for me as I'd hoped it would.

**UPDATE 3/19/2014**

So, as you know from my review I sent this back. They were very friendly and didn't hassle me with a bunch of questions or suggestions to just make it work for me, so that was nice. But they use FedEx SmartPost Return service for their returns. Oh my Lord! I hope if you have to send your Clarisonic back you have the patience of a saint. I sent mine out the last day of February. It went from Atlanta to Mississippi and it just got there yesterday. I hate when vendors use FedEx Smartpost. I get that it's cost efficient, but it also means it sits, and sits, and sits some more at your post office or some FedEx distribution hub somewhere in the middle of the shipping route. Mine arrived at my local post office four days after I initially shipped it and it sat there for eight days before being sent to the FedEx Air center in Atlanta.

I know that reviews are supposed to be product focused, but I wanted to post this about the return procedure, because it is a bit tedious.

I'm a sale junkie and love a bargain as much as the next gal- but this is one of those things that's worth the extra cost.
Ok.... consider me a Mia convert from the Olay ProX. I was under the false assumption the mechanism of action was similar. Not so. The Clarisonic truly does use the same technology as the Sonicare toothbrush to remove debris, it vibrates (300x/sec) back and forth- the bristle movement is hardly perceptible. In contrast the Olay ProX brush head goes in a full circle. This is the whirling tugging my esthetician warned me about for premature aging.
The Mia 2 is great- 2 different speeds, and pulses when it's time to change face areas (20 seconds on forehead, 20 for nose/chin, and 10 for each cheek) if you're familiar with the Sonicare toothbrushes you'll know what I mean.
So it's gentler on the skin than the ProX, and does a superior a job with none of the tugging. It's like having an esthetician at home.

(Note: if you're in the military or a family member check the Px- I got the Mia 2 for $125 no tax and they sell the Mia original for 100 flat where I'm at {at press time}).

on 2/22/2014 11:06:00 AM

I first heard about the clarisonic when my friend bought one about a year ago, she raved about how much it helped her skin and I noticed even a difference in how her skin looked. This past Christmas after lots of research on the Clarisonic website and watching youtube videos I asked for one and received the Clarisonic Mia 2 in the pale pink color! Yes the price is high but you get what you're paying for, and also at the time mine was bought a deal was going on so I got a free small makeup bag and cleanser along with what already came with the cleansing device, charger, travel case and one cleanser. The Clarisonic Mia 2 is life changing! I love the way it leaves my skin feeling clean and breathable! I find that using the deep pore brush works the best for my skin! Don't have any doubts about buying this product, it is worth it!

on 2/20/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I never thought i would EVER spend so much money on a beauty product...BUT I AM SO GLAD I DID! I LOVE MY MIA2! My only regret is not purchasing this a long time ago. I use philosophy purity...two times a day....morning & night...and my skin has NEVER been better! I highly recommend you make the splurge...you won't regret it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been mulling over purchasing this product for a period of a few months, I would constantly go to Sephora and look at it and one day I just decided I'd give it a shot. I am 18 and I still struggle with some acne, most people tell me they don't really notice it but it makes me feel self-conscious especially when I'm in class and I look around and everyone else seems to have clear skin. I've been using this with a phisoderm cleanser and complex 15 moisturizer and my skin seems to be in it's tail end of the "purge" stage. Even when this product made me break out, my foundation has been going on more smoothly then ever before and I can tell that when the acne clears up my skin is going to be perfectly smooth. I use it once a day otherwise the brush head could irritate my skin.

on 2/10/2014 7:12:00 AM

How long have you used it?:
About a week in so far but I'll update periodically!

Where did you buy it?:
I bought this on ebay for about $100 CAD, though after I received it in the mail I found a lot of people saying that there are MANY fakes found there so be careful.

Before:
I have a lot of redness with my skin and right around the time I had ordered it, my combination (but very dehydrated) skin was starting to flake around my nose area, so I was worried the brush would be too abrasive and that I would have to wait until it went away which usually takes a few weeks.
My face also has a good number of acne scars so I use medium to heavy make up very often. On rare occasions, light make up. I was 'blessed' with acne from a very young age and have always been an ocd picker so you can imagine how inflamed my face would be every day.

Why I bought it:
I've always been very conscious of my skin and acne has haunted my life for very long. To paint a picture, I got acne before I or anyone my age knew what it was. As I entered high school, I started to become very obsessive about making sure I had good skin. I tried many products, and most would only work for so long before I would have to get another. So several years later, I learned about the Clarisonic line of products and it immediately caught my eye.
I watched plenty of reviews on youtube about how it worked for people and different skin types, and I decided to try it because I thought, at the very least, it would take off my daily buildup of make up and unclog my pores.

Verdict so far:
My redness and dry patches went away within the first two-three days, and products worked better on my skin (makeup AND facial cleansing/moisturizing).
Pores that have been huge since I was in elementary schools shrunk to sizes I never thought would be possible for me.
I'm not sure how it does with acne yet but I'll let you all know soon.

Advice:
If you want to try it but you aren't sure, there's very little downside to buying it. If you buy it and like it, keep it. If you buy it and like it but the brush is a little harsh or the low setting seems to harsh, buy the delicate brush head. If you don't like the results, just return it and get all your money back. However, too keep in mind that you want to get a very gentle cleanser to use with this if you want to use it daily or even twice daily because anything with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide with be too harsh to use with it every day. If you need acne clearing medication, get it in the spot treatments and use little dabs. Get a toner or witch hazel to wipe your face after using to avoid as much 'purging' as you can and to get off whatever little bits may possibly have been left. Get a moisturizer that has no acne medication so you don't need to worry about it drying your skin. Instead, get one based on the amount and kind of moisture you want for your skin and if possible, spf esp. if you're out often. (I have witch hazel, a toner, a heavy duty moisturizer and a spot treatment.)

on 2/9/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Quick background on my skin - I have an oily t-zone, dry patches on my cheeks, and have acne prone skin. I'm on my 3rd week of using the Mia 2 and Im hoping this is just the splurging phase because I'm getting cystic acne along the side of my face. At first I did notice a change in my skin's texture and I did feel like my pores were not as big however, I did not see any drastic changes on the black heads on my nose, nor the little white heads clogging up my forehead. Now, I am having WAY more breakouts than usual and worst of all their cystic pimples. I will continue to use it for a full six weeks and will update if my skin changes.

on 2/5/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love my Mia2. My dermatologist recommended it for my oily acne prone skin. I use it with my Mario Mario Badescu cleanser and it leaves my skin soft and smooth. I stopped using toner because this cleans so well that I don't need it. The first month I used it I did break out a little around my chin but it cleared up eventually and it was something I expected to happen. I highly recommend this if you have troubled skin like mine.

I received the Clarisonic Mia 2 for christmas and used it for a month. I stopped using it because it broke me out quite a bit. My skin felt softer, but looked rough and bad.

I used it once a day on the low setting with the gentle brush head, but it still irritated my skin. I'm using a buf puf sponge right now and love it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials