October 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Chesca22

Loved the way this foundation made my skin look fresh but realised it also made me look orange. It's fine if you put it all over your face but if you just Dav it on one area or try to build it up I found it looked like I had spaghetti sauce stains on my face. Also it pretty much just dribbled off in the summer. Good for the dry patches on my face though. Have stuck to the rimmel brand but this wouldn't be my first choice to buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful product all around. Works extremely well with my abnormally dry skin. This foundation leaves my skin with a beautiful radiance and glow. (Not a 'sparkle' or anything of a juvenile matter, do not fear.) I will set this foundation with a powder and not need to use a highlighter. This foundation is medium coverage but can easily be built to achieve a more full-coverage face. This product possesses a wonderful scent. Very nice for early mornings, hence the 'Wake Me Up' title. Not too strong, but a nice scent. I really enjoy the glass bottle and pump. Very nice packaging for the drugstore. Comes in many shades, I eyeballed it when I picked up my first bottle and was correct. I will most certainly repurchase. Fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by AMaritimeBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let's be clear. This is not a product for people with oily skin. This foundation is meant to illuminate and bring some extra shin to the skin. On people with oily skin, this will only make them shinier.
For me, this gave a wonderful, dewy finish. Didn't make me look matte, or magazine flawless. It looked light and natural. The concealer from the same line is okay, but I have REALLY dark undereye circles, so I just kept using my regular concealer.
All in all, a wonderful foundation, great container (never had a problem with my pump). Great for those who prefer a more natural finish!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Lizjane44

I just bought this product and so far I'm quite impressed with the quality. My shade is soft Beige. It has a soft texture to it and I haven't noticed any sparkles as yet. Overall I would highly recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by erya111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My skin has never reacted to anything so aggressively as it did to this. The thought of it gives me nightmares.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by sisterdes

Purchased in #103 Ivory and #200 Beige his manages to look natural on my skin even though it has a bit of shimmer in it. Unless someone is less than 1 foot away from your face, it is not noticeable, however, gives a great effect.

Texture, excellent. Coverage Medium. Packaging- Pump style (which I love) Breakouts-none (unusual for me)
Only 1 thing would make it better, and that's a physical SPF crammed inside the formula.

I believe this is the one of the best drugstore foundation for medium coverage, and I reach for it more than all the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by florencesophieallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation! I think I have found my perfect foundation, however, it does need tweaking because of a few downfalls!

Pros: Amazing texture, flawless application that looks natural, dewy, full coverage without looking fake. It's the first ever foundation I have used that I've thought, I could just wear this and NOTHING else! It's literally that good! It gives you so much confidence because it genuinely makes your skin look really nice. I have combination skin, an oily nose and the rest quite dryish. The application is like putting a soft cream onto your face, you can either apply with a brush or with your fingers. It's the kind of make up you could take on holiday and just use this and nothing else. The lasting power is really good. I apply at 8am and probably need a touch up around 3pm. I don't put powder over the top because the finish is really good anyway - so therefore I have to top up at 3pm and I can just put another layer straight on top, around my nose area where it slides a little. I have combination skin, an oily nose and the rest quite dryish.

Cons: The colours - I am NW15 and Ivory is definitely too dark, which means I have to blend with a lighter foundation, I can add a bit of revlon colour stay in Buff or Maybelline 24h foundation (the lightest). It only needs a tiny squeeze of the light stuff added into 1 and a half pumps, but it is quite hard to get right. Some days I make the mixture too white other days it looks too dark. The other con is that it makes your skin look SO good that you really notice the difference when you are not wearing it. My skin looks quite gross without makeup now, this foundation makes it look too good! Definitely not suitable for really oily skins, I am quite oily, but this is ok as it goes on quite dewy,I like a really dewy look though! Some people might think that my look is too dewy. The other con - is it MAY have caused a few spots near my nose, I do notice it itches a bit so I don't know if I am slightly allergic - anyway I will have to give it a bit longer because 1 week is not really long enough to test a product and know if it has actually caused this mini-breakout.

Despite all these cons, I will still give it 5 stars because it makes your skin look really nice! It's a dupe for: Touche éclat foundation, mac studio sculpt.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by GeorgiaPemberton

When I first got this foundation I didn't really like it so I put it too the side and forgot about it, when I ran out of my other foundation (mac Pro Longwear) I had to use this one. I don't remember what I didn't like about it! I honestly love it now and I use it most days, I stays on fairly well although sometimes I do have to touch up my face halfway through the day. The foundation goes on smooth and is not sticky and doesn't dry to fast.

100% recommend this product if you are looking for a cheaper priced foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation! I bought this from reading all the rave reviews about it and I'm so glad I did. I have it in Ivory, which looks dark in the bottle but applies to a nice colour on my skin. It gives me fantastic looking glowy skin without looking greasy. I have received many compliments about my 'dewy' skin!! I took a lippy off because it does sometimes break me out on my chin.

Overall, an excellent and cheap foundation that I highly recommend to dry & combination skin types, I think this would be too 'glowy' looking for really oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Debbinha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation has to be one of the best drugstore foundations around. It's lightweight but can be layered more and more to achieve more coverage. But a single layer is enough. The smell is divine which is nice when someone goes to kiss you. It has an amazing finish if you like the healthy non oily dewy look. The colours are great too. Will def repurchase!!!!