Rimmel Wake Me Up

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 3/27/2014 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation! I have normal to combination skin and it works great with my skin type. I've both classic and soft beige for winter time and sand for summer time. As to sparkles, it does have sparkles.. When I'm in the car and the sun hits my face, I can see them clearly when I look in the mirror. It's like there's highlighter all over my face. But it's only that obvious under these specific circumstances: direct sunlight and close range. Under normal circumstances it's not visible, only a beautiful sheen on the high points of your face. It's one of my go to foundations and it says a lot, since I have over 30 different ones.. Would recommend for dry, normal and combo skin. Not sure about oily skintypes.

on 3/26/2014 4:11:00 PM

Despite what others may say I absolutely love this foundation! I do chop and change a bit and usually alternate between Clinique and a drugstore brand (depending on my budget). This one matches my skin tone well and applies easily (sometimes I use my brush, if I'm lazy I just use my fingers). Spreads nicely in a thin layer and has a bit of a dewy look to it (if you don't like that, a bit of pressed powder overtop takes care of it easily). Make up doesn't always last very well on me because I rub my face a lot without thinking about it but I've been using this for about 3 months now and I've never had it wear off. I will touch it up a bit if I'm going out in the evening but that's honestly just a dab here and there and I do that with any make-up. I also use a primer underneath and find that helps it last a lot longer (and makes my skin look smoother and younger... but that's a different review altogether!). Best part is it has the tiniest bit of a shimmer to it that you ONLY see when the sun hits it. I can see how this may not be for everyone but I LOVE it!

on 3/23/2014 1:46:00 AM

Worst foundation I have ever used! It doesn't last at all, goes all patchy and makes your skin look super oily it is also very glittery! I would not recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok foundation. Would recommend for dry skin, doesn't really last long on my combination skin. Maybe 4/5 hours then it's worn off. Wouldn't recommend this

on 3/6/2014 2:14:00 PM

This foundation to me was pretty basic, however it did become part of my makeup routine nicely. The texture of this to me is quite greasy, and when my skin warmed up in the sun the foundation would run off and go patchy, making me look a mess (but this was only once). When I first put this on a member of my family did mention that my skin looked very bright and healthy and after using it daily with a powder.

In general I would have to touch up during the day but dont we have to do that with all foundations?

on 3/4/2014 2:13:00 PM

Absolutely rubbish and it made my skin look oily and gave me lots of blackheads

This foundation is absolutely wonderful. I am definitely not the kind of person that likes full coverage foundation therefore, during the summer I used this pretty much every single day because it gave me a beautiful glow and wasn't too heavy on my skin. The staying power on my skin is okay however I can't comment on whether it stays on oily skin as I haven't used it since my skin changed massively after summer. The only downside to this foundation is the awful colour range. I am very pale so even the lightest one doesn't suit my skin tone so I had to quit using it as we got further into the colder months. However, I heard that they are releasing more shades for this foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Couldn't find a good match to my skin tone at all, even the lightest one has an orange tinge to it. It's quite a greasy texture which does me no good whatsoever. When it's been on for an hour or two it goes patchy and very shiny adding powder leaves lines on your face wouldn't get this product again!

on 2/26/2014 3:05:00 AM

I don't really tend to wear foundation on a regular basis but when I do this is what I where! It gives you a really nice glow! And I have slightly dry skin in patches and this hydrates the skin and doesn't stick to dry patches!

on 2/21/2014 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

After Tanya Burr recommended this foundation, i immediately set out to find it. Of course, it's not available in Texas, (maybe even the US?) so i had to order it online where it shipped from IRELAND. Now shipping costs plus the actual cost made me hesitate, but i had heard such good things that i ordered it anyway.

I liked it at first. In fact, I used half of the bottle until i noticed something. It's ORANGE. i wasn't sure if it's because the lighting in my college dorm is different than my bathroom at home, or if my skin tone suddenly changed colors but it was so noticeable. The lack of coverage and glitter was also not a friend to my acne-prone skin. I may use the rest of the bottle during the summer if i get a little tan, but i definitely won't be buying it again.

****if you have very clear, even-toned skin and are just looking for a light pick me up foundation, you might really like this!