April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tutti Frutti is a translucide,shiny tangerine orange lip butter. It's a pretty color for summer! It last ok on the lips,it needs a couple coats to make it last longer! I pair it with coral reef by revlon and with a raspberry lip liner! So,pretty! It goes well on bronzed skin! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom gave this to me cause she hated the way it looked on her lips, and I apprehensively accepted it because it looks frightening in the tube! I didn't use it for weeks until I finally put some on today just to see. Don't let it scare you! It's gorgeous! It looked like a pretty coral pink on my lips, and I liked that unlike my other lip butters it has no glitter. It was a nice little change. Will definitely repurchase this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by cidoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not what I expected, but I love it anyway. Tutti Frutti changes colour on heavily pigmented lips instead of orange, this'll come out as a 'pink-grapefruit' juicy coral pink. It's an amazing colour for casual days when you're not up for wearing anything else!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Product's Claims - True or False?
1) Boosts lip's moisture: False
2) Glides on lips buttery smooth: True
3) Sheer to medium colour: True
4) Immediate hydration: Somewhat true

Packaging:
The butter comes in a lipstick-type tube, with a rectangular orangy cap and a clear opening at the top to see the colour of the product before purchasing. The cap is fairly secure with a click-lock type of mechanism but this can sometimes be a bit hard to open as it really likes to stick. It twists up and down like a normal lipstick, but for some reason my actual butter has shifted positions - the slant is entirely off to the side. It's not necessarily a hindrance but it does mean that I have to wind it up higher; the more product gets turned up the more likely it is to start scraping off onto the upward slant of the metal tube.

Formula:
Revlon claims this as a gel consistency, but it really feels more like a sticky, thick balm. Maybe a bit of a jelly feel but it does not remind me of a gel consistency. The butter is fairly orange with a hint of coral with a sheer to medium opacity which makes it more wearable to those unfamiliar with oranges or who don't want to go too overboard. It has a fairly strong vanilla fragrance that does linger, although I don't find it bothersome. It is a true creme with no shimmer or frost and a moderate gloss, like a toned-down lip gloss. The formula is very smooth while applying.

Performance:
My experience with this butter is torn; I really like the initial application but a second reapplication or simply wearing it for an extended amount of time provides unwanted results. When I first apply it the butter goes on very creamy and smooth and only a few swipes are really needed to get the coverage I want. After a few hours of wear it will lose its balmy/sticky consistency while leaving a sort of stain on my lips, which I don't mind but I feel like the stain is not as appealing a shade as the butter itself. When I go to reapply it will start to cake up on my lips a bit despite there no longer really being anything there, and so will collect in lines. The balm is also drying on my lips because of the jojoba oil, which is a drying trigger for me in almost all cosmetics. So after some hours of wear my lips are likely to have started drying out a bit, which can be really felt at the end of the day. If I have any dryness then I have to exfoliate or it will catch onto the dryness, and it does seem to feel better when I apply balm underneath - which consequently means needing to apply more product because the balm sheers out the coverage. Ultimately it's just not a very convenient on-the-go formula for my lips because I have to actually clean my lips down before reapplication, which I don't always want or have the time to do. Despite these issues the first application doesn't settle into my lines with wear and I would say I get a good 2 hours or so with the balmy consistency, perhaps even up to 4, and with the colour leaving a stain I don't feel the need to reapply as soon as I would with gloss.

Bang for Your Buck:
I paid about $10-12CAD regular price for 0.09oz at Shoppers Drug Mart. After just a few weeks of use, not even regular use, I feel like I've already made a relatively noticeable dent in product. If you wear a lot of lip products in rotation you may not find that the product gets used up quickly but if you are wanting something that you can wear often this is probably not an economically sound choice.

Final Thoughts:
While I love the colour and the initial feel of this product, it just doesn't work for me because of its use of jojoba oil. If my skin did not react to this ingredient I would very likely adore this product, and despite my reaction I would recommend it to others. But if you are solely looking at this for the colour I'd say look for other options instead; I bought an orange gloss around the time I bought this and I do actually prefer that colour and the pigmentation is similar.
* Overall Rating: 3/5
* Price: 2/5
* Packaging Quality: 4/5
* Repurchase: No

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by lalaapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! It's such a pretty colour and a great choice for summer. I was hesitant about buying these lip butters because I didn't think they'd live up to the hype but they definitely do. When I swatched this colour, it looked very bright but once it is on your lips, it looks, in my opinion, quite natural. It completely brightens up my face and is very flattering (I'm a NC 20-25 with very yellow Asian undertones btw). I got it for �5.99 at Boots and I'm very happy with the price and the product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this one too! Looks great on my tan skin for the summer. For reference I am a NC 30-35 in the summer. Blue eyes and black hair. Looks scary in the tube, but when on the lips, it is the perfect coral shade that I have been searching for. It doesn't show up pink like soo many corals have on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have several lip butters now but this is my 1st prod. review of one because this one is my favorite to-date! I purchased other shades first because the bright orange look of this in the tube frightened me, despite the good reviews on the MakeUpBoard - finally today I decided to pick it up while picking up some groceries at WalMart & of course I applied it as soon as I got back in my car Lol ;D -I was very pleasantly surprised!! The scary orange color it appears to be in the tube shows up a bit different on my lips - it's KINDA like how everyone searches & searches for that "blush that looks like your not wearing blush - just gives a healthy GLOW to your cheeks" EXCEPT FOR YOUR LIPS! If my lips were to have a natural& beautiful glow to them, THIS is what it would look like :)
For reference I am 30yrs old and have fair skin w/neutral leaning warm undertones. (slightly too light for MAC SFF in NC15 ATM) I also have dark brown hair & eyes, my lips pigmentation is medium(normal), & my "season" is considered a Clear Winter.
I am ALSO one of those people that has several lifetimes worth of m/u (especially lip products) The only thing w/these lip butters that doesn't thrill me is the LONG TUBE LID for the product.. I've already put a LINE-- through one of my other colors due to the long cap & not getting it back on the lippie correctly -know what I mean?.. That is really my only con w/this. Otherwise, gorgeous color & great price + availability. I will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINALLY! A REAL coral color! I had to go to THREE different stores (two Target stores were completely sold out of this color!) I finally found it at CVS. I was so tired of buying "coral" lipsticks and having them look PINK. Tutti Fruitti is AWESOME. It's a really nice mild orangey-coral color (not pink!) with a hint of just the right amount of "glow." I use the word "glow" because I hate to use the word "shine" (that makes it sound shiny and greasy - and it's not at all). This "lip butter" is perfect in every way! It goes on smooth. Looks great alone or layered with something. I prefer to wear it alone. Why mess up such a beautiful color! Love the way it feels on my lips - very nourishing (it contains mango, coconut and shea butter) but not overly moisturizing, not wet or sticky. Will definitely be buying again!
Quick update: After wearing this for hours AND eating, the color is STILL there. Staying power is quite impressive! Love everything about this product!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: warm, bright orange

PROS

- creamy
- pigmented

CONS

- not moisturizing
- don't like the color on its own

COMMENTS

I was surprised to find that I didn't like the way this looked on its own. It's a warm orange with red undertones to it. I love these lip butters in general, but this one I wasn't too crazy about. There's no hint of coral, it's just a warm bright orange on me. However, adding the Super Lustrous gloss in Coral Reef makes it prettier and mixing it with a light pink lipstick gives me a nice soft shade of coral.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love tutti frutti a LOT! It applies very smoothly, is pigmented and long lasting. I can wear it sheer or build it up to a vibrant orange that isn't gaudy (as it is sheer enough). It applies smoothly but it isn't overly greasy or sticky at all. I don't find it very moisturizing, however, so I tend to wear it over a lipbalm but it still applies well by itself and isn't drying.

I'm NC 15, pale with fairly pigmented lips and this applies a pretty orange on me. Oranges tend to work well for me in general, but this one has literally made me start lip products again after about a year of not really being interested in wearing them.
The packaging is nice too, doesn't look cheap, the only thing is that it's around $23 in Australia! Nevertheless, I would definitely repurchase:)