October 20, 2014 | 1123 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ItsSarahJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I was a bit scared of the colour, but I am SO glad I tried it!
I can not believe how adorable this colour looks on the lips!
They formula is soft and creamy too.
Definitely a must have in my opinion. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

This is my second lip butter, I bought strawberry shortcake first. This goes in quite true to the colour in the tube. I actually love this colour OVER strawberry shortcake for my own bespoke lip butter colour!

This alone is a nice bright tangerine colour, which can be sheer or colour blocked, depending on how you like it :-)

Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really hesitant buying this color. I mean, it's orange! But I wanted to be brave and try something new! I am impressed!! Just as with all the other butters it is moisturizing and has great color payoff. The color is something you don't see much and is a perfect summer color!

With a neutral eye and cheeks the color really pops and I got a ton of compliments when I wore it to a party :)

Definitely not a neutral pink or red, this color is different and could look funny on some skin tones so be sure the store you buy it from has a good return policy just in case ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by pineappleheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a coral color, however no matter how much I applied to my lips, it still showed up as a dark pink. My lips are naturally dark though, so if one had lighter lips originally it might turn out more coral.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sanand013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looks carrot orange in the tube, but it shows up as a nice peach/coral color on my lips. It's a great summery color. The packaging isn't great, especially the weird quilt-patterned plastic cap, but the texture of it is smooth and moisturizing. I'm not exactly a fan of the slippery/wet/sticky feel of lip gloss, and I didn't quite want to go for a lipstick, so this is a nice balance between the two - feels like a lip balm but with the pigment of a lipstick. Definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tutti Frutti is a translucide,shiny tangerine orange lip butter. It's a pretty color for summer! It last ok on the lips,it needs a couple coats to make it last longer! I pair it with coral reef by revlon and with a raspberry lip liner! So,pretty! It goes well on bronzed skin! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom gave this to me cause she hated the way it looked on her lips, and I apprehensively accepted it because it looks frightening in the tube! I didn't use it for weeks until I finally put some on today just to see. Don't let it scare you! It's gorgeous! It looked like a pretty coral pink on my lips, and I liked that unlike my other lip butters it has no glitter. It was a nice little change. Will definitely repurchase this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by cidoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not what I expected, but I love it anyway. Tutti Frutti changes colour on heavily pigmented lips instead of orange, this'll come out as a 'pink-grapefruit' juicy coral pink. It's an amazing colour for casual days when you're not up for wearing anything else!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Product's Claims - True or False?
1) Boosts lip's moisture: False
2) Glides on lips buttery smooth: True
3) Sheer to medium colour: True
4) Immediate hydration: Somewhat true

Packaging:
The butter comes in a lipstick-type tube, with a rectangular orangy cap and a clear opening at the top to see the colour of the product before purchasing. The cap is fairly secure with a click-lock type of mechanism but this can sometimes be a bit hard to open as it really likes to stick. It twists up and down like a normal lipstick, but for some reason my actual butter has shifted positions - the slant is entirely off to the side. It's not necessarily a hindrance but it does mean that I have to wind it up higher; the more product gets turned up the more likely it is to start scraping off onto the upward slant of the metal tube.

Formula:
Revlon claims this as a gel consistency, but it really feels more like a sticky, thick balm. Maybe a bit of a jelly feel but it does not remind me of a gel consistency. The butter is fairly orange with a hint of coral with a sheer to medium opacity which makes it more wearable to those unfamiliar with oranges or who don't want to go too overboard. It has a fairly strong vanilla fragrance that does linger, although I don't find it bothersome. It is a true creme with no shimmer or frost and a moderate gloss, like a toned-down lip gloss. The formula is very smooth while applying.

Performance:
My experience with this butter is torn; I really like the initial application but a second reapplication or simply wearing it for an extended amount of time provides unwanted results. When I first apply it the butter goes on very creamy and smooth and only a few swipes are really needed to get the coverage I want. After a few hours of wear it will lose its balmy/sticky consistency while leaving a sort of stain on my lips, which I don't mind but I feel like the stain is not as appealing a shade as the butter itself. When I go to reapply it will start to cake up on my lips a bit despite there no longer really being anything there, and so will collect in lines. The balm is also drying on my lips because of the jojoba oil, which is a drying trigger for me in almost all cosmetics. So after some hours of wear my lips are likely to have started drying out a bit, which can be really felt at the end of the day. If I have any dryness then I have to exfoliate or it will catch onto the dryness, and it does seem to feel better when I apply balm underneath - which consequently means needing to apply more product because the balm sheers out the coverage. Ultimately it's just not a very convenient on-the-go formula for my lips because I have to actually clean my lips down before reapplication, which I don't always want or have the time to do. Despite these issues the first application doesn't settle into my lines with wear and I would say I get a good 2 hours or so with the balmy consistency, perhaps even up to 4, and with the colour leaving a stain I don't feel the need to reapply as soon as I would with gloss.

Bang for Your Buck:
I paid about $10-12CAD regular price for 0.09oz at Shoppers Drug Mart. After just a few weeks of use, not even regular use, I feel like I've already made a relatively noticeable dent in product. If you wear a lot of lip products in rotation you may not find that the product gets used up quickly but if you are wanting something that you can wear often this is probably not an economically sound choice.

Final Thoughts:
While I love the colour and the initial feel of this product, it just doesn't work for me because of its use of jojoba oil. If my skin did not react to this ingredient I would very likely adore this product, and despite my reaction I would recommend it to others. But if you are solely looking at this for the colour I'd say look for other options instead; I bought an orange gloss around the time I bought this and I do actually prefer that colour and the pigmentation is similar.
* Overall Rating: 3/5
* Price: 2/5
* Packaging Quality: 4/5
* Repurchase: No

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by lalaapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! It's such a pretty colour and a great choice for summer. I was hesitant about buying these lip butters because I didn't think they'd live up to the hype but they definitely do. When I swatched this colour, it looked very bright but once it is on your lips, it looks, in my opinion, quite natural. It completely brightens up my face and is very flattering (I'm a NC 20-25 with very yellow Asian undertones btw). I got it for �5.99 at Boots and I'm very happy with the price and the product!