Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I disliked this product but it really wasn't the primer's fault. I have rosacea, and for whatever reason, this irritated my skin and broke me out in bumps across the center of my face. Pity, as it has a nice texture, smoothed my skin, and helped my foundation last all day.

Our relationship was not to be, but others with less sensitive skin should give it a try.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently purchased this primer (some 3 weeks ago), as replacement of my favorite NYX HD primer (it was sold out locally). I thought it wouldn't be as decent as my favorite, but apparently I was wrong.
I purchased the shade 001 (Perfecting), with 10% discount at local store. It's not as expensive as Photoready foundations even without the discount (it's some USD 12, while the foundations might be as high as USD 15). I love Revlon's consistency with Photoready line : the pump at the top of the bottle. It really helps reckless people like me! However, the remnant of the primer which is left at the pump tends to dry out after few hours and may clog the pump. I managed to remove the remnants with water and tissue, though.
When it comes to the product inside the package, I like its lightness and smell (kinda smell like some weird chemical, but I like it anyway). It doesn't dry too quickly on my skin, giving me enough time to blend everything. It also makes my pores look less prominent. This primer also works well with BB creams (I tried to use it with Garnier's and The Body Shop's BB creams), making the cream last 1-2 hours longer than usual. Worn alone, this primer would last for about 5-6 hours (longest wear-time I tried so far hehehe) in normal condition, might be shorter during rainy season because this product isn't waterproof. The primer also minimizes shine mainly in the T-zones.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I don't really know how to describe my feelings about this product. it goes on my skin really smooth but kinda block my pores from breathing (it this a proper way to describe this? idk) but not really break me though. It can't go well with my foundation (both cream one and liquid one) and not a really good smell. But overall not that bad.

This stuff was awful. It smelled terrible... Like paste! Anyways it was too thick for my combo/dry/ sensitive skin... It clings on to dry patches. But because of the awful scent I had to stop using it.

this was my second primer ever. while I loved it when I used it, I did not know better. I lost the cap so I thought that was the reason for the crust that would pop out each time I used it. as I got to the bottom, I struggled to get the last of it. I'd say there was enough left in there for two more applications. but I didnt want to break the bottle. I tried a new primer. after using that one, I realized how thick revlon's primer was on me. I would have chunks of foundation around my hairline and around my nose. but not with the new primer. yes this made my skin smoother. but I dont see anything special about this. oil control is average. packaging sucks from the crusts it causes and the waste of product at the bottom when you get through it. for the price of this, it just wasnt worth it.

(My overall rating is based solely on the packaging.) I really enjoy this product (I've re-purchased it several times), but I LOATHE the dispenser. When the product gets close to the bottom of the bottle (but there's still plenty left), the pump won't dispense the product, and I wind up fighting with it. And Revlon has created some sort of "government grade" cap which makes it next to impossible to get off without the use of a lethal weapon. I like the product enough, but I don't know how much longer I can fight with trying to get all of my money's worth. If this was the ONLY primer on the market, I could justify the fight I have to go through; however, Revlon needs to realize it's not the only primer kid on the block and make its dispenser customer friendly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

OMG. This stuff hated me. I do have dry/sensitive skin and before I purchase anything new I do look up reviews online to see if it may work for me. Literally about 15 minutes after putting this stuff on my face, my skin started getting red and blotchy. I immediately washed it off...but apparently the damage had been done. The next morning I woke up and my face looked horrible..it was red, blotchy, and broken out. I knew it was this primer because it was the only thing I had on at the time. Needless to say..I won't be repurchasing this. >.<

I did not like this primer at all! It applied smoothly, and had the consistency of a lotion. However, my foundation did not blend well at all with this! It was very patchy and unnatural looking. I tried it with two different types of foundations, a liquid and a cream and had no look with either. What a bust!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I wanted a primer that would perfect my skintone so that I could skip foundation & just use a concealer where needed. This fits the bill perfectly. I put it on after my moisturizer & it get rids of shine & blurs my skin a bit. I don't know if it makes my concealer last longer. I use it everyday. It's been about 3 weeks now & it hasn't broken me out. Love it!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I've been using this for a couple of weeks and find it to be great. It never occurred to me to use a primer as a "buffer" between sunscreen & makeup, but I'm glad I picked this one up for an honest run. While imparting no color or color correction & offering no coverage, this primer negates that one ugly sunscreen thing: shine. It takes that away! I considered giving this only 4 stars instead of 5 since all I get from this product is no shine & a nice readiness for subsequent makeup application - but that would have been arbitrary. That's all it's meant to do! So 5 stars it is.

Popular Primer/ Correctors