October 2, 2014 | 1806 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I've had this for a few weeks and tried it under foundation but today I'm trying it by itself and honestly, it's really comfortable in that my skin doesn't have dry flakes like I would expect. I typically have dry skin (I live in a cold climate) and am not sure how this will do in the winter, but it seems to work really well. I can see this as my get-ready-quick foundation/tinted moisturizer. I tried putting powder on it to set it, but the powder kinda clumped in spots. The coverage is sheer to medium. The colors seem to run dark. I'm light-medium (I'm NC35 in MAC's mineralize moisture foundation, Beige 40 in Chanel's Vitalumiere, and 4.25 in Bobbi Brown). The high price tag makes me think twice about it, but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SELENECERVANTES

Instantly fell in love with everything . I have already gone thought two tubes of this stuff every one lasting me around a year, I have the light/medium and it matched my skin identically . Staying power is good , personally I don't set this bb cream because I am acne prone but this product did a good job at not breaking me out ! I would have to say it's great for me because even if I am ace prone I don't have much to cover just redness in my cheeks and a few bumps once in a while so I found that it was perfect all around ! I will be repurchasing my third tube this week (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by MichelleLisa

I am on my second tube of Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light - it is definitely pretty dark as I have olive toned skin and I find it perfect for me. My skin is combination, and although my t-zone is oily I wouldn't be able to use this product on its own, I always put a thin layer of moisturiser on first and let that settle in before applying. My skin is pretty clear although my chin looks a bit red and gets congested, I find that this covers that really well, including any large pores on my nose and completely evens out my skin tone which I love. I don't think additional primer should be used, as this is a primer! So people complaining about the effect you get when you apply a primer first, well you're sort of defeating the object of using a BB cream if you're going to use a primer too. I like that this does everything in one. Use it in the way its meant to be used and you'll love it :)

I also wanted to add - the SPF WORKS - I used this on my face when in Vegas in May and my face didn't burn at all. However, I was given a sample of Kiehl's BB cream whilst I was there which was SPF 50 so one day I used that instead - it didn't work and my face burnt! I am confident you can rely on Smashbox BB Cream's SPF 35 to protect your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination-to-oily skin, which also flakes (wtf, right?). I tried every BB cream that Sephora recommended for oily skin and this was by far the best. At first, I used it as foundation, over my shine-control moisturizer, and it was okay. Then my skin freaked out and I got a lot of acne (thanks, Clarisonic), so I switched to a heavy foundation. Now that my skin calmed down, I started using it again and OMG! I no longer use it OVER my moisturizer, but INSTEAD of it. Result: less breakouts!!!!! I never expected it to work as well as it does. It also moisturizes, provides sheer coverage, and has SPF. LOVE! I do wish it had more coverage, but oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I have to agree with the reviewer that said this didnt cover well/highlights imperfections. I used it with my smashbox blemish control primer and after 1 hour was a greasy mess. Ugh! It sticks to any dry patch and once powdered really looks bad. The light/medium shade is also a bit dark. I expected way more for the price. I think this would be better for people with minimal skin issues. Back to Ulta!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smashbox BB cream in medium is my go-to BB cream when it's summer time. Like many people I am much lighter in the winter time, so I use a different BB cream. I tan very easily in the summer and I usually just go to Korean BB cream brands, but unfortunately they are too light for me when I am tan. Smashbox is the next best thing. A little goes a long way and my skin looks and feels flawless. It does not clog nor does it feel oily on me. It is a bit sticky after applying it, but it does wear off later. Coverage is excellent and I like that I am protected with 35 SPF. It is indeed a bit pricy but after trying a bunch of other BB creams in Sephora, I felt like this was best suited for my needs. For reference I have oily skin, and it did not make me feel and look like an oil slick. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by MegC86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So for someone who has sensitive, oily, acne prone skin a BB cream seems like a bad idea but this has been great summer foundation/BB cream for me. I do use a primer (Boots brand) so that seems to cut the shine and oily feel/look down a good bit. I use my fingers to apply and that way I use less product and it goes on a little easier. It does have a slight smell kinda like sunscreen or tanning lotion but not bad. I wish the price was lower but for Smashbox its not too bad. I wear Fair and it blends pretty perfect for my skin tone. I went one shade up to the med/light and while i liked it I just didnt feel like it matched me too well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. This is the best bb cream (Asian or otherwise) that I've tried, hands down, and the only one I will re-purchase all year round. It has a thick consistency but I find it spreads easily and looks best when applied gradually with a brush. I use Light and it is perfect for NC30 skin, it is fairly peachy/yellow but not overly so. I've used it without foundation and just the slightest dusting of powder, over moisturised skin, and it looks dewy, fresh and gorgeous. But I've also used it under foundation on days when my skin looks totally rubbish and it has transformed my skin. I think if you have dry skin you will have to moisturise well but mine is oily/combo/sometimes problematic and I can get away with just a light cream and primer underneath. Like other true BB creams, it does seem to improve my skin rather than just masking imperfections and I use less concealer when I use it. Get a trial size from Ebay (7ml) and see for yourself before splashing out on a full-size tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Luv4mkup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just finished a tube of Smashbox camera ready bb cream in LiGHT. I was pleased with it but decided to try something different because that's just how I am. I have returned Clinique moisture surge cc cream and now am returning the Peter Thomas Roth Cc cream. Both were way too dewy for my skin. Dewy and visible pores are not a good combo. I have gained a new appreciation for Smashbox and realize that it really does prime, perfect, protect, hydrate, and control oil! I wear it alone no other foundation required.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Toofacedaddict

So i went to ulta today to pick up a full size version of the porefessional as i had some extra cash but i needed to budget myself:( so i ended up getting a mini set with the porefessional and that gal for $12 and bought this bb cream. as it is an investment for sure. $39. but with tax you are looking at $40 bb cream. so for a bb cream this sounds CRAZY but its not that bad considering you get 1 fluid ounce. just one dab on the back of my hand and i am set. i just add some concealer on little spots that need extra coverage and BAH BAM! all set for the day:) love this but not too sure if i would buy again.