October 20, 2014 | 2110 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ro's Argan Body Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by lcanant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, as I adore its smell and the feeling it leaves on the skin.

However, this gave me an itchy, bumpy rash across my face, neck, and forearms. Extremely painful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

It's the scent of this I am just dying over. I've never smelt anything I have loved so much! The product itself does a lovely job too but I must admit I buy it purely for the scent, absolutely gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lush's product inventor Rowena was inspired to create this "decadent shower lotion" after noticing the "sultry soft feeling" conditioner gave to her hair. I don't know what she uses, but nothing my makes my hair feel sultry. Anyway, this "body conditioner" is meant to mimic the effects of conditioner, but for your skin. This product contains "scoops of cocoa butter, capuacu butter, almond oil, and argan oil", making it the "most luxurious body softener there ever was". I got a small sample of this product for free at the Lush in Macy's in downtown Pittsburgh. The full size 7.9oz tub sells for a very pricey $32.95. This is one of Lush's many vegan products. Of course Lush is a cruelty free brand. This conditioner was made in Lush's homeland; Canada.
My sample came in a little black jar with a screw on lid. The name of the product was hand written on the lid in marker, but it has since smeared. The full size product comes in a similar tub, but it has much more product specific information on it. Black tubs like the one Ro's Argan Body Conditioner comes in are eligible for Lush's fantastic recycling program. If you aren't familiar with Lush's recycling program, let me explain; for every 6 black pots you return to the store you get one of their Fresh Face Masks, which I think are some of their stand out products. If you choose no to to participate in Lush's in store recycling program, their containers are also recyclable through your local municipal program as well. I don't think I/need to explain anything else about Lush's packaging, we all have the internet, we've all seen the pictures.
Lush's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is, in essence, a luxurious lotion with a fancy description. This lotion is very smooth and creamy, on the thicker side, and a light rosy pink. Ro's Argan should be applied in the shower or bath after you wash up, and left on for 2 to 3 minutes. By the end of those couple minutes most of the product has been absorbed into your skin. Whats left over rinses off very easily, and the end results will blow your mind. My skin is probably not physically capable of being softer. This stuff deeply moisturizes and softens the skin so dramatically, without leaving the skin feeling greasy. I definitely don't feel the need to use a lotion after using this stuff. I think a lot of Lush's products seem gimmicky, this one included, but the results don't lie, Ro's Argan Body Conditioner really works!
Ro's Argan has a very strong rose scent, it is intense! Like you will still be able to smell it on your skin, clothes, and towels a day or two after you use it. I have the sample jar across the table from me, cap screwed all the way on, and it still smells super strong. This is not a product for those with scent sensitivities or those who hate florals. Ro's Argan is probably also a headache inducer for some. At first I absolutely hated the scent, but I've grown to enjoy it.
Lush's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is a wonderfully luxurious product. Do I think its necessary? No. Do I think its as revolutionary as the Lush sales associate told me it was? Not really, its just a souped up lotion with really good ingredients. Ro's Argan is a product worth splurging on if you have dry or rough skin, but like most Lush products, its always best ti get a sample and really evaluate it and decide if your want to spend $33 on a fancy lotion. Personally I wouldn't, but I can't even justify the $11 Bath&BodyWorks charges for their lotion - and it contains almost a whole ounce more! I might get another sample of Ro's Argan Body Conditioner some day though. I do recommend this product if you can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by scunagorelik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

lovely texture, lovely scent, lovely skin after I slather it on post-showered body.

Would definitely buy again. My skin is still soft 15 hours later. This will be a staple this winter, when my skin gets dry/chapped/flaky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I use Ro's Argan Body Conditioner more as a cream fragrance than as a body lotion. Quality rose with cinnamon spice, comforting, old-fashioned. Becomes a rich but subtle skinscent. An oasis in a crazy world!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by emalina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a gift from my Sister in Law and I am in love!! I will definitely buy once this product runs out. I hate feeling sticky after moisturising and this is just gorgeous, because you sort of wash it off in the shower after you apply. Then you just enjoy feeling soft and smelling nice. It is quite indulgent and so I might not have bought it for my self at first. I find it is great for maintaining a fake tan, and keeps your skin really hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is worth it's weight in gold. Seriously. I was hesitant to buy it since it's $30 for a 7.9oz tub. I took a chance and bought it and I'm very glad that I did.

First of all, it smells heavenly----just like the Rose Jam bubbleroon. It has a very silky, emollient texture like if you were to melt King of Skin into a cream form. Just a very small amount goes a long way. After washing my body, I use about a quarter size amount in my hands, rub them together, and smooth over my arms and chest. Then I do this again for my legs and again for my back. Then rinse and pat dry. I've barely made a dent in my tub so I think the product will last quite a while.

The rose fragrance actually lingers and the product contains a ton of oils and butters that leave your body very moisturized (unlike some in-shower moisturizers that leave my skin still dry). A big word to the wise: because of all the butters and oils, make sure to wash your hands before touching your face. I made that mistake and after showering I immediately applied my face cream without washing my hands. I had one of the worst breakouts ever so now I know! Since then, I haven't had a problem.

I thought buying this in-shower moisturizer would be a fun splurge and a nice way to try out a new product but now I think I've found something that I can't live without. Definitely recommend getting it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by priscillasdf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product smells FANTASTIC and its scent lasts even after you towel dry off! I started using this in the summer when it got too hot to wear a separate lotion because I would just sweat it off later. I focused mainly on my arms and legs and I felt like they were moisturized all day even if I used it the night before (I shower at night).

I do think this is a bit pricey because you do need to use quite a bit to cover your entire body. I did need a little practice using this product. The first time I tried it, I lost some product because it kind of sits on your skin rather than lathering up or something so it would just slide off and fall on the floor.

The packaging is kind of difficult to handle in the shower because after twisting off the lid and scooping out some product, you have to struggle with screwing the lid back on with one hand.

The one and only thing that really bothers me about this product (and almost became a deal-breaker) is that it contains parabens.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really hesitant to get into some of the Lush products; don't get me wrong- I love their skincare, bath bombs, etc but I was always a little skeptical about their shower gellies, body conditioners, etc when I can just use soap. Wow am I ever glad I bit the bullet and bought this! I absolutely love this! It is extremely moisturizing and smells incredible. A little pricey, but for the amount you get, it's worth it. Mine will last a long time as I don't use it every day. I particularly like to shave with this. I still like to alternate with my dream cream every few days though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by illusionz84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I walked into Lush to see the new products, and they had their campaign going on for Ro's Argan when it was $5.75 for a small tub. I decided to try it out because I felt like my skin could be smoother and softer. And boy, was I in for a treat with this product! After I used my regular body wash and shaved my legs, I used Ro's Argan and it made my skin very smooth! The product actually eliminated those pesky razor bumps and made my legs very soft. The smell of the rose is very soothing in the shower as well! Though the large tub is $39.95, I will definitely be buying the product again after I run out. Especially since it will last you about 3-4 months.