July 28, 2014 | 2033 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why this mascara gets good reviews but all it did was lengthen my lashes but not really volumize them. On top of that, this is one of those mascaras that makes your lashes hard and "crunchy", which I can't stand. It also smudges easily. Not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My all time fave, HG status mascara was Kat Von D's High Frequency mascara (black) which was discontinued. I'm still grieving over that...but I digress. This mascara is pretty cool. The wand is a stiff, plastic bristle situation but the money-maker here is the tip. Instead of being flat it's got spikes on it, which help with getting the outer corners for that flared, cat-eyed look. My lashes are pretty long and full, and this definitely kicks them up a notch, which is the look I like. The texture could use a little tweaking, at least IMO. I prefer a thicker, less wet formula. This mascara is on the thinner side, and it's pretty wet. It took 3 coats to get the look I liked. I took a lippie off for the formula. The handle is shorter than the average wand, which doesn't bother me b/c I have small hands. It's square though, so it's sort of cumbersome when I try and spin the brush while applying to get all the product off before I re-dip. I found that I did not have to wait long after each coat, a few seconds at most, so it dries fast. Overall this mascara is good, not HG status, but I would probably purchase again to keep in my mascara arsenal ( I usually keep about 5 at all times).
UPDATE: I find this mascara ages well. It's much better later on...I find myself reaching for this one more and more.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by beautiful72

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right now I finished the mascara, and I have to tell you that this stuff is one of the BEST mascaras I've ever used (which is not a lot). I like that it is drugstore, when I heard one of youtube's beauty guru loved this, I had to buy this! I couldn't be happier! The name has to be changed though, rather than this being volumizing, Its more lengthing. My lashes are long, but straight, so I always use a eyelash curler. This made my eyelashes amazing!
Pros:
Lengthing
Really Black
Not clumpy
Cheap
The end of the wand is the best part

Cons:
Smudges to my bottom lashline (not crazy, but its annoying)
Can sometimes dispense too much mascara

Overall, thats really it. I really like this mascara. Its my number 2 after my Maybelline One-by-One!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The waterproof one didn't hold a curl. Really clumpy, I know that volumizing mascara tends to clump, but these left beads of mascara. Flaked a bit too. :( Really wanted to like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just after I bought this mascara and applied it I was wowed because my lashes looked very long, a bit more voluminous and nice. However, it did not hold curl extremely well and sagged a little during the day. I do really like the effect this product gives and used it for a few months but it did seem to make my lashes brittle, so I switched to one that claims to be healthy!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Namyli13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara claims to provide volume. I, for one did not experience this at all. Great lash definition, Beautiful black pigment, Attractive and compact packaging is really all that there is to this mascara. . Here in New Zealand, this mascara retails for about $27-0NZD which is more on the affordable side . . I have the non waterproof formula and I found that the few times that I did ear this mascara, it smudged a little bit as the day progressed? Dont think I will repurchase this again. The Revlon Colorstay mascara is much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by forevergurl

My favorite mascara! It lasts all day, doesn't lump and gives amazing length

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Lydia07

I might buy this product again, but I'm still looking for a better one. I got good length and volume from this. I find that if I'm not careful it clumps easily and I often get gobs of mascara on the brush that I have to try to drag off. It is not the most buildable. I can build it but if I'm not careful as mentioned, it tends to clump. I also noticed it dries out easily. I haven't had this for what I consider very long for a mascara and already I noticed that it is getting clumpier and harder to apply and just not working as well because it seems to be drying out. The first week of use was the best.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

just another average to sub-par mascara in my book. Not incredibly dark, doesn't lengthen extremely well and provides OK volume. This flakes very bad and irritates my eyes horribly. Had to toss after only a few uses.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by melanie3170

This is a great product. My natural lashes are dark to begin with, but this really brings them out. My natural lashes also have a good curl to them. Ive seen that some people who have straighter lashes didn't like this product because it couldn't keep a curl, however its great for me. I've had many eye infections that left me with sparse lower lashes that other mascaras leave behind, but this makes them all the same length, it makes them look fuller and darker. It does not flake even after an all day wear which for me is from 7am-6pm. It has a rubber wand that picks up a lot of smaller lashes. It gives me great volume. I picked it up for seven dollars at cvs but i think you can get it cheaper at target. I shop a lot of Sephora but always buy drugstore mascaras because I find them to be a better product at a better price. Any mascara under ten dollars is a good price to me. Its nice packaging, its simple and black with a silver top. Its a lot nicer than some of the tacky bottles like lash blast or falsies. I recommend this product, its great all around.
Also, it can look natural. I NEVER have more than one mascara. I don't like the clutter and I dont find it sanitary. So it can go from natural to dramatic depending on the coats.