Cover Girl Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

3.7

Ingredients Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Acetyl Glucosamine, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, PEG 100 Stearate, May Contain:, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 2/4/2013 4:39:00 PM

I bought this foundation a few weeks because of it's smooth texture. Some areas (cheeks, nose and forehead) of my face get really dry during the winter (-20 to 30 degrees) and my other three foundations make my skin look very flaky. Even thought I use a moisturizer for dry skin and primer my face looked flaky. But with this foundation my skin does not look flaky. So far it covers most of my acne scars. I will continue to use this foundation until I find a better option for my dry skin.

Pros:
- Texture
- Package
- Blends Well (I use fingers/brush)
- Dries fast

Cons:
- Perfume smell but does not last long

on 1/30/2013 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for my very dry skin post Accutane.

This doesn't turn orange and the lightest shade works well for my very fair, cool toned complexion.

This provides moderate coverage. (Definitely not full)

The price is expensive for a drug store brand coming in at $13 at my local Walmart.

Update: I'm beginning to suspect this is what is drying out my skin. I've been trying out a new foundation and yesterday I mixed the two. Rather than forgetting I was wearing foundation, my skin started to feel dry and itchy.

on 1/26/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product in the interest of the 2-in-1 concept. I was in love with the product for the first couple of weeks, but eventually I started breaking out. I'm pretty sure it's because there's perfume in it. It also disappears at the end of the day. It looks like I hadn't put anything on.
I still haven't thrown it away though considering it does cover all of my acne scars well, feels like satin, and is quick to apply. I love the packaging it --the pump and you can always see how much is left.

on 1/26/2013 4:25:00 PM

I've only tried this a few times now, but I love it. I've been trying to find a product that matches my skin tone (extremely pale) while not looking cakey. This does it. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it goes away. Would definitely purchase again.

on 1/26/2013 9:28:00 AM

I bought this yesterday from shoppers for 14.99 because the lady there told me it had great coverage and stay for people with spots they didn't like (aka me and my acne) she tried a swatch on my cheek and I ccouldnt even tell it was there. My cheek felt luxurious. It doesn't look caky, which is a first for me, and since my skin is oily, I set it with some physicians formula and it still didn't look caky. It covered my acne almost fully (its really bad, but its mostly flat out) and when I woke up in the morning my acne was actually better then the previous day when I was wearing my caky concealer. Plus its oil free! When I apply it its really runny and it gets good coverage before it dries in 5 seconds. Here's another thing. It won't travel when its dry, or go darker!

on 1/19/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Glides on so smooth. The texture is very different from any foundation or tinted moisturizer I have tried. It is almost like velvet. Smooth it on with your fingers and you are done in 10 seconds. This is great when you need to get out the door and you don't have time to pull out your liquid foundation that needs to be blended and applied with a makeup brush.

on 1/19/2013 1:42:00 PM

I LOVEEEEE THIS STUFF!!! REASONS WHY: GREAT COVERAGE YET LIGHT WIEGHT LOOKS AMAZING EVEN IN DAY LIGHT, I hate that typical foundations seem to age you but this one actually enhances your natural glow & evens out blotchy skin, it really just feels like you're applying serum that is how light wieght it is & so smooth to spread it just comes on evenly & blends in so well! I love it worth every penny, the plus side is over time its reduces wrinkles & evens out tone. I used to use revelon color stay for years & this one has won me over! Price in tx is 12-13$ its contains the same amount as revelon color stay 1oz

on 1/9/2013 7:51:00 PM

I was with my mom at the Navy Exchange, this was $13 and I had a $3 coupon. So, I bought it. I must say, I am impressed. I work from home so I don't use foundation everyday and I wanted something less heavy than the Mary Kay and Jafra I had been using. This works for me, I use it with a face powder and thus far, it's been great. I have sensitive, oily,hormone/acne prone skin and this did not break me out. So far, this is a keeper.

on 1/2/2013 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

When I say I would buy this product again, I mean only if nothing else is available or maybe if it was on sale.. There are plenty of better products for this price, i personally find the fragrance a bit too much. But it does tone your skin a little overtime.. It covers up blemishes so-so, and is fairly easy to match with skin tones. Its not by any means a bad product but there is better!

on 1/2/2013 4:58:00 PM

Okay, I will edit my review in about two weeks if this product doesn't work out... because that always can be the case. It has definitely been the case in the past.

Let's start with my skin: Acne prone (very much so), dry, flaky but can get oily. I previously used Revlon Colorstay on my skin, but it started to look fake and cakey and it broke me out considerably. It used to look so natural, and I've been looking for something to replace it. I usually end up going back to it because A. it matches my skin and B. it covers my skin.

I wanted something lighter, something less constricting than a medium/full coverage foundation, so I decided to try this. I thought FOR SURE the color would be ORANGE and GROSS because every single ivory I try in drugstore brands are! Now, this didn't match exactly like the colorstay, but it's tolerable enough! Which for me, is saying a lot. I have this in the lightest shade, and I'm happy with it.

I used a sponge to apply it. I used it on one of my "better" skin days (meaning less redness and pimples, but still a lot to cover). I did this because I knew it wouldn't cover one of my horrendous breakouts. In all honesty, this covered MORE than the natureluxe foundation from covergirl! I was very impressed. You can layer it a little bit, not much, and then use some coverup.

So coverage, yes I like that it's lighter. Anyways, I thought I looked pretty good. It gave me more of a dewy finish, and I wore it at school all day. I came home, and it held up just find. A little shiny, but it actually gave my skin a nice healthy look.

Now, I have pretty bad skin. Really, I do... but this somehow made me appear like I had normal skin. A girl literally told me today that I had really great skin. I was amazed, I didn't know what to say. I think I said "oh it's just my makeup" or something, because I HAVE TERRIBLE SKIN. So, this is definitely a win in my book. :)

Other reviewers said it came off a lot, which is understandable if you have oily skin. This is definitely for people with drier skin, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work for you. The reason I gave this product a 4/5 is because it does come off a little and isn't totally transfer resistant. Also, the color is a tiny bit off. Other than that, so far SO GOOD!