October 24, 2014 | 1015 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily/combination skin and this foundation is really nice on me, I think it will be a go-to in the winter. I do use a good primer to control the oil (Black radiance complexion perfection all over and Milk of Magnesia on my forehead). It has an odd texture, kind of buttery for lack of a better term. Blends like a dream, medium coverage, easy to blend out or build up for less or more coverage. Feels really nice on the skin, like a nice night cream, sets to a natural comfortable finish. Satin to dewy, I set it with powder.. and I do not usually set my entire face with other foundations, but once set it's fine little to no transfer. It lasts all day, no problem. I can see this being really good for dry skin with an appropriate primer. Really nice pump bottle. A bit spendy for drugstore, but my skin feels great after I wear it... soft, hydrated, and smooth.. no breakouts either. It does have a strong fragrance, kind of a floral/powdery scent which does not bother me, but may others. It does not linger through the day. My only gripe is the color selection, I am very warm toned and the closest color is more neutral, I can wear it and warm up a touch with bronzer.. but it's not the perfect shade which is always nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Golden Tan matched my skintone exactly, and it provided good coverage, plus I love the pump bottle, but this just didn't work for my oily skin. It just didn't stay, even with powder. Within a couple of hours I had blotted most of it off. Got this at CVS for $16.99 which is steep for a drug store brand, but they took it back, no questions asked.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by eggsandwich97

I use this more than my other foundations like cg aqua smoothh creme,dream smooth mousse, maybelline superstay and about the same as milani minerals mousse. I have oily skin but as long as i have a matte primer or face wash it works perfectly fine but if you have uncontollable oil no matter what dont try this. The pump is great, way better than the minerals mousse. The foundation spreads great with primer maybe mouisturizer and primer if you have dry or very dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by fickleleo

I got to try this foundation as part of a BzzCampaign, and although I don't know if it's right for my particular skin type, I am very impressed with some things about it.
Right off the bat, I'll say after about a month of daily wear I'm breaking out a little bit, and I think it is the makeup, because I haven't changed anything else. I can't say with100% certainty, but I have to mention it.
The good stuff, though, is that it feels really nice going on, very smooth, and makes my skin feel like velvet when I first put it on. I do get a an oily t-zone fairly quick, but I get that with every makeup known to man, and the only thing that helps me with that is OC8 professional mattifying gel.
After few weeks (or a little more) of daily wear, I do notice my skin looks brighter, less dull, and feels tighter and firmer, especially around my upper cheek bones.
One pump is all I need to cover most of what I want to cover (small hyperpigmentation spots, etc). It does feel like it evens my skin tone and makes me look overall brighter and more even. It doesn't cover redness as much though. For that I feel I'd need an additional concealer, although I haven't bothered so far.
All that said, I am breaking out a bit, just small red bumps, not huge or angry looking ones, but bumps nonetheless. I am going to continue to wear this foundation however, so we'll see if my skin adjusts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I finally gave in and bought this--I kept looking at it with curiosity, but was kept away by the price. Seemed crazy for a Cover Girl product. But with a coupon and a sale, it was a bit better.

I like it in some respects. I would call it medium coverage. It evened out my skin tone well and covered some things, but not everything. Which is ok. It is not dewy, but not matte. It's a nice finish. I applied it with my fingers and then blended with a sponge, which seemed to work well. I didn't have any problem with it settling into fine lines or emphasizing my pores. I bought it when the weather was still hot and humid, and at that time, it got too oily too quickly. Now with fall and cooler temps, I am getting dryer, so I'm not getting as much shine. Thus, I guess it would be better for skins that are not too oily.

My biggest problem with this is breakouts. I start getting a lot of pimples a few days after I start using this. Put it away, get my face to clear up, and then when I take it out and start using this again, here they come again. So I guess I have to give up on it. The other negative would be that it doesn't hold up well to a long day. It sort of fades away.

I do love the packaging. The pump is great for dispensing just the amount you want--no waste.

I don't think this is a horrible foundation. But if you are breakout prone, approach with caution.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I just bought and tried this tonight as a test on one side of my face, and the other I put another one I just bought. (L'oreal Lumi True match) on other side. They looked almost identical. After about an hour the Lumi one go more shiney around nose and chin. I put a very light dusting of Covergirl translucent loose powder with big brush and it now looks fantastic! I get like this kind of matte but not that chalky ugly dry look. I see slight dewey sheen trying to come through. The makeup did NOT settle into my fine lines under eyes and crows feet, which is awesome! The makeup felt so light, it didn't even feel like I was wearing any. Just a fyi- I also own Revlon CS in both the regular bottle and the newer cream one in jar and they both feel heavy and masky to me. I thought I loved those until I tried this Cover girl and the L'oreal one. Now I know what the one girl at Sephora, and a Estee Lauder rep at Macys meant when they both told me I did not need a full coverage foundation, they said I had beautiful skin and need only tinted moisturizer or very light wearing foundation. But of course I was determined to get full coverage one, (like what do they know..lol) and I keep getting nasty results of cakey, chalky, settling in lines making me look old!. --duh ..should listen to the pro's!

The true test is to take a mirror OUTSIDE and look at yourself! YOU WILL BE AMAZED at what you see! I was horrified today when I took one look in that mirror at my face with the Revlon. When I wear Revlon CS, especially with powder, I look too made up with a mask, powder settling in lines making me look 10yrs older! It's really weird because I put makeup on in one of those lighted magnified mirror and I thought it looked good until today. I am just horrified with myself I never realized it looked this bad. My lines are not even that bad, but they somehow look way worse when makeup settles in them.

Now when I put this Covergirl one and look in mirror my skin looks evened out, flawless, younger, no matter what lighting, mirror etc! just Amazing! The L'oreal Lumi one is great too. I bought both based on reviews here, thinking I will take one back. But nope, I am keeping both and the Revlon CS cream and powder is going back to the store asap!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by susjs

I received this foundation and the Cover Girl & Olay Pressed Powder as part of a recent BzzAgent trial. I've read some of the reviews and hope people will first sort by their skin type and/or tone, otherwise products can be so subjective based on your skin type.

I have dry/combo skin--very dry under-eyes and cheeks, normal to oily in the t-zone. I find it's best for me to wear something that suits my dryer skin and then use powder or blot papers on my t-zone to tamp down any shine, as needed.

This foundation really surprised me with a lot of positive qualities to recommend it, especially as I don't typically wear drugstore foundations. Following are my thoughts broken down by Pros/Cons.

Pros:

Packaging: Love! This comes in a cylindrical, light-weight plastic bottle with an easy-to-control pump...perfect for travel, won't spill, truly hygienic and dispenses as much or as little product as you want. I wish all my foundations came in similar packaging!

Colour: While the colour Buff Beige was a hair too light for me, [I'm about NC 20-25, Armani LSF in #5] I think it's a somewhat forgiving, flexible base that could probably work for a variety of skin tones in the lighter warm/neutral range. It stayed nicely in believable skin tone territory--didn't pull too pink or too yellow like many drugstore foundations can.

Texture: Easily blendable and smooth with fingers and/or a variety of brushes. My favourite being a slightly damp BeautyBlender sponge. I didn't experience any separation or oxidizing with this. The colour went on smoothly and stayed true.

Finish: Probably both a pro and a con for me. Although my dryer/combo skin liked the not-too-matte, not-too-greasy finish, I prefer an undetectable foundation that's sheerer than medium in coverage. I expected this to have more of a tinted moisturizer look to it based on the inclusion of serum, but it was more medium/full-coverage on me. I could tell I had foundation on--something I'm not used to or fond of. The finish has a slight sheen to it, hard to describe but almost a low-wattage metallic glow that on my pretty good skin read more obvious than luminous.

Wear: I never use long-lasting foundations as they don't work with my dryer skin type. For me this had average wear, it faded evenly to a more natural finish as the day wore on.

Cons:

Scent: I'd rather any face product be fragrance-free. The scent isn't unpleasant and doesn't linger after application but it's there and noticeable when you open the bottle and apply this.

Lack of Sunscreen: Although I own several foundations that don't include sunscreen and I'd never rely on the sunscreen in foundation alone, ideally any anti-aging base should have some sun protection. This one doesn't.

Overall I think this is strong contender for a drugstore foundation, probably best suited to someone with normal/dry or normal/dry/combo skin looking for a solid medium coverage and slight sheen.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this product as a BzzAgent to review. The color I chose was buff beige. I wear Kevyn Acouin SX05, Ocean Mist Cosmetics Shell, & Revlon Photoready Nude for comparison. This color matched my skin tone very well.
Application with my fingers was streaky and a lot of product was needed to get good coverage since I have very pink cheeks. I also applied with my stippling brush. This way worked MUCH better. Only one pump was used for nice, medium coverage. It blended well.
As the day progressed, The foundation began to wear off and pool into the larger pores on my cheeks, leaving my with a slightly spotted look. Not pretty. I have oily skin which probably does not help. By the end of the day, my cheeks had no makeup (from constant blotting) and there was little left anywhere else on my face. People with normal or dry skin may not have this issue.
Since I was doing a review in this foundation, I wore it daily for 2 weeks. I use a primer, which may have helped lasting power only slightly. I also ended up taking the foundation and corresponding powder to work for touch ups. After two weeks, I had to stop. I rarely have issues with acne since I have a good skin care routine, but this product has really caused me to break out badly. I will not purchase in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like it, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

It has a nice shade selection, and I picked "tawny"; I have to admit I'm impressed by how well it blends with my skin tone (I can be jaded about drugstore shades and how hard it is to match to my skin tone). It's a light/light-medium coverage, and since I have combo/oily skin and this has a serum in it I don't need a moisturizer underneath.

My main thing, which is what a lot of people have already stated, is the oily factor in this. I can't complain because it doesn't say anything about combating oil as a purpose, but it really is a dealbreaker for me since halfway through the day my face gets way more shiny looking than I prefer (even when I put on oil absorbing powder as a finish afterwards). If I wear a moisturizer underneath it makes my face look dirty as well. Since I wear sunscreen everyday and this makes it hard for me to do that, it's a dealbreaker. However, winter is coming, so this may work for the months where the air is drier. Still though, I'd rather not rebuy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by cindybarjak

This is a wonderful foundation! Provides great coverage that doesn't settle into the fine lines around my 53 year old eyes! Pair it up with the Covergirl/Olay pressed powder and you're good to go for the day!

I spent a lot on department store brands in the past, but this is soooo much better and less of a drain on my pocketbook!