December 22, 2014 | 1567 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Yansa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation - just not enough to buy it again. The primary reason is the limited shade options. For reference, I am an NC 43-45 in MAC products and use Stila Perfecting Concealer in G and H. First the good - it is a great texture and finish. I'd call it medium coverage at best, but the coverage is silky/satiny in finish. Not too matte or dry, and doesn't go chalky on the face with the right shade. I also can't feel it on my skin, which is nice. It doesn't sit on the skin like some foundations can. I also love the pump. It's definitely my preference in terms of foundation packaging.

Unfortunately, that's where the love ends.

I invested in this foundation earlier this summer after reading about it in some magazine. I have aging skin and have spent quite a bit of time in the sun over the years, so I'm always looking for a way to add a little glow. I didn't get to use it very much when I bought it, though, because it was too dark for even my normal deepened summer tone. I bought the darker shade hoping that I could blend it out with some powder and bronzer to make it work - a common trial for women of color, this shade tweaking and mixing - but it was still just too dark and neutral toned. Not enough yellow. And definitely too deep. If I had bought next lighter shade, it would have been too chalky on my summer skin, and it definitely looked a little pink in the bottle,. It didn't look like it would have been right on my normal (not simmertime) tone either. There is just too drastic a difference in the depth and tone of the darker shades in most drugstore foundation lines. We don't go just take sudden leaps from creamy to ebony skin tones. There is a SEA of shades in between, but drugstore brands never seem to bother to provide a good number of options on the darler side of the spectrum. And the undertones are almost always not yellow enough. This foundation stays true to those shortcomings.

I just got back from a Caribbean vacation and have a VERY deep tan, and NOW I can use this foundation. . I obviously won't bother to try finding a shade for my winter toned skin given my lack of success with the available shades so far. I have some pretty well loved higher end options that allow me to change shades whenever the need arises (Bobbi Brown, MAC, and MUFE are just a few) so I don't see the need to waste the money trying to many more shades of this variety.

I'll do my absolute best to use as much of this bottle as I can while I have this tan, but I won't repurchase as it is too hard to find a shade that suits me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ctlee420

First off, I love the pump, all foundations should have a pump, makes it so much easier and less mess. I love the texture it is super smooth, blends really nice, has medium coverage. The only downside to this foundation is it does get oily throughout the day and it's definitely not a long lasting foundation, but I use it just as my everyday foundation when I don't need a lot of coverage or staying power. I would suggest using this with a primer. I have had a couple breakouts, but I'm not sure if they're from this. All in all I would buy it again, but I'm still looking for something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by beccaaah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is good for evening skin tone, but it is very thin and stays on for like 2 hours haha. Wouldn't buy it again..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by hazel90650

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AWESOME! I acne prone skine that tends to get oily & has redness to it. This gives a great coverage without looking too cakey or chalky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily/combination skin and this foundation is really nice on me, I think it will be a go-to in the winter. I do use a good primer to control the oil (Black radiance complexion perfection all over and Milk of Magnesia on my forehead). It has an odd texture, kind of buttery for lack of a better term. Blends like a dream, medium coverage, easy to blend out or build up for less or more coverage. Feels really nice on the skin, like a nice night cream, sets to a natural comfortable finish. Satin to dewy, I set it with powder.. and I do not usually set my entire face with other foundations, but once set it's fine little to no transfer. It lasts all day, no problem. I can see this being really good for dry skin with an appropriate primer. Really nice pump bottle. A bit spendy for drugstore, but my skin feels great after I wear it... soft, hydrated, and smooth.. no breakouts either. It does have a strong fragrance, kind of a floral/powdery scent which does not bother me, but may others. It does not linger through the day. My only gripe is the color selection, I am very warm toned and the closest color is more neutral, I can wear it and warm up a touch with bronzer.. but it's not the perfect shade which is always nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Golden Tan matched my skintone exactly, and it provided good coverage, plus I love the pump bottle, but this just didn't work for my oily skin. It just didn't stay, even with powder. Within a couple of hours I had blotted most of it off. Got this at CVS for $16.99 which is steep for a drug store brand, but they took it back, no questions asked.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by eggsandwich97

I use this more than my other foundations like cg aqua smoothh creme,dream smooth mousse, maybelline superstay and about the same as milani minerals mousse. I have oily skin but as long as i have a matte primer or face wash it works perfectly fine but if you have uncontollable oil no matter what dont try this. The pump is great, way better than the minerals mousse. The foundation spreads great with primer maybe mouisturizer and primer if you have dry or very dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by fickleleo

I got to try this foundation as part of a BzzCampaign, and although I don't know if it's right for my particular skin type, I am very impressed with some things about it.
Right off the bat, I'll say after about a month of daily wear I'm breaking out a little bit, and I think it is the makeup, because I haven't changed anything else. I can't say with100% certainty, but I have to mention it.
The good stuff, though, is that it feels really nice going on, very smooth, and makes my skin feel like velvet when I first put it on. I do get a an oily t-zone fairly quick, but I get that with every makeup known to man, and the only thing that helps me with that is OC8 professional mattifying gel.
After few weeks (or a little more) of daily wear, I do notice my skin looks brighter, less dull, and feels tighter and firmer, especially around my upper cheek bones.
One pump is all I need to cover most of what I want to cover (small hyperpigmentation spots, etc). It does feel like it evens my skin tone and makes me look overall brighter and more even. It doesn't cover redness as much though. For that I feel I'd need an additional concealer, although I haven't bothered so far.
All that said, I am breaking out a bit, just small red bumps, not huge or angry looking ones, but bumps nonetheless. I am going to continue to wear this foundation however, so we'll see if my skin adjusts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I finally gave in and bought this--I kept looking at it with curiosity, but was kept away by the price. Seemed crazy for a Cover Girl product. But with a coupon and a sale, it was a bit better.

I like it in some respects. I would call it medium coverage. It evened out my skin tone well and covered some things, but not everything. Which is ok. It is not dewy, but not matte. It's a nice finish. I applied it with my fingers and then blended with a sponge, which seemed to work well. I didn't have any problem with it settling into fine lines or emphasizing my pores. I bought it when the weather was still hot and humid, and at that time, it got too oily too quickly. Now with fall and cooler temps, I am getting dryer, so I'm not getting as much shine. Thus, I guess it would be better for skins that are not too oily.

My biggest problem with this is breakouts. I start getting a lot of pimples a few days after I start using this. Put it away, get my face to clear up, and then when I take it out and start using this again, here they come again. So I guess I have to give up on it. The other negative would be that it doesn't hold up well to a long day. It sort of fades away.

I do love the packaging. The pump is great for dispensing just the amount you want--no waste.

I don't think this is a horrible foundation. But if you are breakout prone, approach with caution.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I just bought and tried this tonight as a test on one side of my face, and the other I put another one I just bought. (L'oreal Lumi True match) on other side. They looked almost identical. After about an hour the Lumi one go more shiney around nose and chin. I put a very light dusting of Covergirl translucent loose powder with big brush and it now looks fantastic! I get like this kind of matte but not that chalky ugly dry look. I see slight dewey sheen trying to come through. The makeup did NOT settle into my fine lines under eyes and crows feet, which is awesome! The makeup felt so light, it didn't even feel like I was wearing any. Just a fyi- I also own Revlon CS in both the regular bottle and the newer cream one in jar and they both feel heavy and masky to me. I thought I loved those until I tried this Cover girl and the L'oreal one. Now I know what the one girl at Sephora, and a Estee Lauder rep at Macys meant when they both told me I did not need a full coverage foundation, they said I had beautiful skin and need only tinted moisturizer or very light wearing foundation. But of course I was determined to get full coverage one, (like what do they know..lol) and I keep getting nasty results of cakey, chalky, settling in lines making me look old!. --duh ..should listen to the pro's!

The true test is to take a mirror OUTSIDE and look at yourself! YOU WILL BE AMAZED at what you see! I was horrified today when I took one look in that mirror at my face with the Revlon. When I wear Revlon CS, especially with powder, I look too made up with a mask, powder settling in lines making me look 10yrs older! It's really weird because I put makeup on in one of those lighted magnified mirror and I thought it looked good until today. I am just horrified with myself I never realized it looked this bad. My lines are not even that bad, but they somehow look way worse when makeup settles in them.

Now when I put this Covergirl one and look in mirror my skin looks evened out, flawless, younger, no matter what lighting, mirror etc! just Amazing! The L'oreal Lumi one is great too. I bought both based on reviews here, thinking I will take one back. But nope, I am keeping both and the Revlon CS cream and powder is going back to the store asap!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No