July 22, 2014 | 2078 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

A great creamy eyeshadow that surprisingly works well with my skin tone and oily eyelids. Usually, bronze colours don't work too well on my yellow based skin (it makes me look too sallow) but this one is great on its own or layered with other colours on top! I find that by itself, it lasts 3-4 hours where as with a primer underneath, it lasts the entire day.

On me, the colour itself is quite a true bronze and I like that it's not as opaque as 'Tough as Taupe' which can look dark grey on me very quickly. For this one, it's easy to get a wash of colour when I want something a bit more low-key. I also found that this one was easier to spread than the taupe one - I could use fingers or brushes and it functioned perfectly where as the taupe one did not co-operate with brushes at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is awesome! I only have this color but it definitely makes me want to buy more! It doesn't crease or fade, and doesn't need to be set with a shadow! It can be drying but I have oily(ish) eyelids so it's kind of okay. It can also be a little hard to blend since it is a darker cream shadow, and you have to be more careful about where you put it because once it sets, it doesn't move. Only four lippies because of the dryness and blending issues. I also don't really like the packing, I wish they could have done a pencil or something, even something you squeeze out of a tube would be better. Overall though, this is an awesome product! Maybe not the easiest for beginners though. Only $6, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I haven't bought DS makeup in so long. Ok wait, that is not exactly true, I did buy revlon black eyeliner a couple of months ago... but I digress.

I decided to check this out after seeing a MUA twitter post about it. I read reviews and people raved about this color. So I thought I would take a little trip to CVS and see what was up with these shadows.

IMHO, Bad to the Bronze is an EXACT dupe for NARS cream shadow in Corfu, a shadow that I was once obsessed with and loved and used every drop of. (which I also never repurchased because NARS cream eyeshadows crease so badly even with primer). So this was a pleasant surprise to find a dupe for a former favorite shadow that cost 1/4 the price and actually stays on my eyelids without needing primer at all. I read other girls say that they actually use this as primer for their other shadows in this color family such as UD naked etc... I will definitely be trying that.

This color is not exactly bronze to me. It is a metallic taupe with a tiny hint of bronze. (this was what corfu was as well). This will work well underneath my true bronze shadows like NARS surubaya and Isolde. it will probably work well underneath matte brown and taupe shadows as well.

Since it can take me 4 years to use up an e/s I doubt I will ever repurchase this... but I did check the yes box on that since it seems like a product worth having around. and I'm sure like other cream shadows it will dry up a bit and oxidize after 18 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I currently own Bad to the Bronze and I love it! It's become a staple in my daily routine. As others have said it's great on its own or with liner and other shadows. It's also excellent value (I got mine at Walmart for 6.99 CND).
I have to say though that so far it's the only shade I'm really drawn to. I wish they had more neutral colours, but I may try Tough as Taupe and see how that goes.
All around an excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by castellanocm

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! it lasts all day and the color/shine/ and glitter still looks as stunning as it did when i put it on! its easy to apply. If you're looking for a stunning long lasting eyeshadow, this is it! plus there is other great colors, too! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Helenaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like to use this cream eyeshadow as either a base for the Naked 2 palette or on its own. It is perfect for daytime use, and will also suit you when you are out at night. The eyeshadow dries quickly on the eyelids and lasts the whole day. I like to apply the product with a brush because if I get any product on my hands I find it hard to scrub away. This is an excellent cream eyeshadow, and will repurchase when its empty!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Jujulaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love putting this in my eyebrows everyday, it makes everything much easier I've used it as liner on my lower lash line and I also love it for that.. It last all day and it really is waterproof! I find the product very versatile, but I've actually never use it as an eyeshadow. Badass product overall highly recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I put off buying this for a long time, despite the hype. The name "bronze" just didn't appeal to me. However, once I bought it and swatched it myself, I was hooked. The color isn't really a bronze--there are no coppery tones in it at all. It's actually more of a shimmery taupe with a bit of golden undertones. I absolutely love it! I often wear it alone for a simple shimmery eye look, and on my green eyes it looks really stunning. Sometimes, when I'm feeling fancy, I layer over the top of it the taupe shade from the ELF "Day 2 Night" quad just to enhance the color. On its own, though, it's seriously gorgeous. And they're not kidding about the color "tattoo" tagline. This stuff lasts all day on me without creasing! I highly recommend getting it if you want to save time on your eyeshadow look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an essential eye product for me! I love the staying power of this cream eyeshadow. It even helps my pencil eyeliner stay in place. I don't even need to use primer with this. It's also a wonderful base for other powder eyeshadows. My favorite combination at the moment is using this as a base and patting Revlon's diamond lust in Starry Pink on the center of my lids. As others have mentioned, you can even use this by itself. The color deepens when added to the crease. I don't like how the texture of these cream eyeshadows hardens as you have it for a while, but it seems this is a common problem in even the high end products such as Mac. I apply this products with my fingers. I try to let my fingers sit in the eyeshadow for a bit so the product sort of melts onto my fingers and then I pick it up. If you don't blend this product well enough on the lids it may make your lids look scaly and the folds on your eyes more apparent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: the colour is amazing! I love how creamy it is, and how little product you need to get a good look. Easy to apply using a finger (have yet to try using a brush), and it goes on smoothly on my eyelids. Also, if I don't touch my lids once I have finished applying it, it practically sets and then I can rub my eyes and it won't come off! So does it come off easily when I want it to? Yes, with cleaning wipes or a cotton ball soaked in makeup remover, it comes straight off. Love love love. Love.

Cons: Nothing really except it would be nice if it was a bit cheaper, otherwise I have no complaints!