October 21, 2014 | 1978 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite shades from the lip butters line. It is a gorgeous plummy pink on my quite pigmented lips. It can be hard for me to find neutral/creamy pinks that show up on my lip tone without muting them out but this one really does the trick. It has a smooth and creamy texture with a slight shine and is great for everyday use. I think the packaging is adorable and reminds me of much more expensive brands, such as Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

After my success with Pink Truffle, I had to buy more of these Lip Butters :)
Price: $8.93 CAD
Pkg: square tube, translucent quilted lid w/clear top
Colour: plummy pink (light muted fuchsia?)
Finish: balm-y crème-shine
Pigmentation: medium at one swipe; buildable
When I look at lip colours, I gravitate toward darkish pink colours.
While this is moisturising I still put lip balm under it cuz otherwise my lips get tingly. Lasts for hours and fades very little
This is in my comfort zone. And yes, I'll be trying out brights later ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ainacupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally found MLBB shade! I have searched far and wide for this and have spent a lot of money trying to find it as well buying from Mac, Chanel, YSL, Rimmel etc. So I am really ecstatic that i found this! This shade is a mauvey/brown shade with slight plum to it. For reference, lip shades that have a berry and plummy tone to them suits me the best. Cool toned shades are definitely out. Also have an NC40-42 complexion, use Nars Barcelona, Chanel Vitalumiere in 4.0. So if you are looking for your MLBB lipstick and these shades look best on you try this one out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of the nicer lip butters. A very close dupe of Vincent Longo's Foolish Virgin, which is one of my faves. In comparison to some of the other colors in the line, this one is more demure. I like that this one has no glitter or shimmer. It lasts for an hour or two but it's marketed as a lip butter so that's to be expected. It has no offensive scent and feels good on the lips. I'm hoping that Revlon keeps the lip butters around, I would definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Riri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this on sale at Shopper's for $5.99. I like that it's very pigmented while being moisturizing at the same time. Regular lipsticks tends to emphasize my dry lips, but this one does not. Also the colour fades very naturally and evenly rather than patchy between reapplications. I have darker pigmented lips so it didn't turn out as plum as I thought it would be, but it's a gorgeous colour nonetheless! It ended up a medium purpley-pink shade which suited my olive skin tone. It's natural enough that I would wear it during the day or night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked these babies up when it came to Singapore! This is my favorite lip butter and I love to top this off over lipsticks for a mild glossy effect.

Sugar Plum is more of the pigmented shade from Revlon's lip butters. It's beautiful cool plum that makes any mauve or pink lip color looks beautiful. Wearing it alone is beautiful as well because it just makes your lips look so natural with minimal make-up.

Well, it's not extremely moisturising but then I don't have the need to touch up on my lip balm at all, so its good for me. Definitely will repurchase because it goes well with my everyday look!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my 2nd favourite after Pink Truffle too. Another colour that I think would look good on most people, it's a slightly mauvish MLBB. Nice consistency (cream), goes on very smoothly. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by KristaniA

This is my second favorite after the Pink truffle shade (perhaps because they look quite similar on my lips!) It looks like a deep mauve in the tube, but when applied, it's just a sheer wash of mauve, which is perfect for an everyday look. The formula is moisturizing & it glides easily on my, ahem... slightly chapped, lips. I got this at Shoppers Drug Mart when the lip butters were on sale for $3.99 a pop (!!!) Sooooo worth it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely, MLBB pinkish-mauve shade. Its not nearly as ‘plum’ as I’d hoped, but I do like it and wear it quite often. Its very similar to Clinique’s ‘Shy’ lipstick, only more moisturizing and longer-lasting. No shimmer or glitter, its just a creamy lipcolor that’s a shade or two deeper than my natural lip color. A swipe or two gives me a natural ‘stained’ look, or I can layer a few coats for a more glossy, fuller-coverage look. Either way, the staying power is good, 2+ hours, and it fades evenly and leaves a slight stain, so I don’t feel the need to constantly reapply. It feels comfortable on my lips, and makes a nice, non-drying lipstick, though its not nearly as hydrating as regular lip balm. This tends to get soft and lose its shape easily, which I can see being problematic as the weather gets warmer. Overall though, very few complaints for so many ‘pros’. This, Fig Jam, and Pink Truffle have become my ‘staples’ from the lip butter line, and I have already repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is pretty universally flattering, but nothing special. I do like the feel of the formula - it really does feel moisturizing and it doesn't have any unpleasant taste or scent. I have tried three of Revlon's Lip Butters and found that the color really bled and feathered with this one (and not the others). Lip liner may help, but that's really getting into more of a made up look than I was hoping for from these, which I'd planned to use on minimal makeup days. Not a terrible value for the price, but nothing I'd rave about or repurchase.