September 2, 2014 | 1380 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of the nicer lip butters. A very close dupe of Vincent Longo's Foolish Virgin, which is one of my faves. In comparison to some of the other colors in the line, this one is more demure. I like that this one has no glitter or shimmer. It lasts for an hour or two but it's marketed as a lip butter so that's to be expected. It has no offensive scent and feels good on the lips. I'm hoping that Revlon keeps the lip butters around, I would definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Riri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this on sale at Shopper's for $5.99. I like that it's very pigmented while being moisturizing at the same time. Regular lipsticks tends to emphasize my dry lips, but this one does not. Also the colour fades very naturally and evenly rather than patchy between reapplications. I have darker pigmented lips so it didn't turn out as plum as I thought it would be, but it's a gorgeous colour nonetheless! It ended up a medium purpley-pink shade which suited my olive skin tone. It's natural enough that I would wear it during the day or night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked these babies up when it came to Singapore! This is my favorite lip butter and I love to top this off over lipsticks for a mild glossy effect.

Sugar Plum is more of the pigmented shade from Revlon's lip butters. It's beautiful cool plum that makes any mauve or pink lip color looks beautiful. Wearing it alone is beautiful as well because it just makes your lips look so natural with minimal make-up.

Well, it's not extremely moisturising but then I don't have the need to touch up on my lip balm at all, so its good for me. Definitely will repurchase because it goes well with my everyday look!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my 2nd favourite after Pink Truffle too. Another colour that I think would look good on most people, it's a slightly mauvish MLBB. Nice consistency (cream), goes on very smoothly. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by KristaniA

This is my second favorite after the Pink truffle shade (perhaps because they look quite similar on my lips!) It looks like a deep mauve in the tube, but when applied, it's just a sheer wash of mauve, which is perfect for an everyday look. The formula is moisturizing & it glides easily on my, ahem... slightly chapped, lips. I got this at Shoppers Drug Mart when the lip butters were on sale for $3.99 a pop (!!!) Sooooo worth it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely, MLBB pinkish-mauve shade. Its not nearly as ‘plum’ as I’d hoped, but I do like it and wear it quite often. Its very similar to Clinique’s ‘Shy’ lipstick, only more moisturizing and longer-lasting. No shimmer or glitter, its just a creamy lipcolor that’s a shade or two deeper than my natural lip color. A swipe or two gives me a natural ‘stained’ look, or I can layer a few coats for a more glossy, fuller-coverage look. Either way, the staying power is good, 2+ hours, and it fades evenly and leaves a slight stain, so I don’t feel the need to constantly reapply. It feels comfortable on my lips, and makes a nice, non-drying lipstick, though its not nearly as hydrating as regular lip balm. This tends to get soft and lose its shape easily, which I can see being problematic as the weather gets warmer. Overall though, very few complaints for so many ‘pros’. This, Fig Jam, and Pink Truffle have become my ‘staples’ from the lip butter line, and I have already repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is pretty universally flattering, but nothing special. I do like the feel of the formula - it really does feel moisturizing and it doesn't have any unpleasant taste or scent. I have tried three of Revlon's Lip Butters and found that the color really bled and feathered with this one (and not the others). Lip liner may help, but that's really getting into more of a made up look than I was hoping for from these, which I'd planned to use on minimal makeup days. Not a terrible value for the price, but nothing I'd rave about or repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by balmmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful pinky, plummy shade--the pluminess makes it nice for both cool and warm skin tones. With my warm coloring, I normally bypass pink lip colors, but this one is an exception. It brings out the rosiness in my skin.

I absolutely LOVE the formula! It really does feel like butter on the lips. I don't know about the other shades, but Sugar Plum is not glittery or shimmery. I was happy to find that this lipcolor is buildable--one swipe is a light, tinted balm kind of look. Another swipe or two will give you medium coverage. It's fairly long lasting for a shiny lipstick.

This lipstick reminds me of a longer lasting version of Revlon's discontinued Shiny Sheers. (I loved those!) Colorburst Lip Butter is less shiny than the Shiny Sheers, but just as moisturizing.

My only gripe, and it's not enough to take a lippie off, is that for some reason the packaging is more difficult to open than the regular Colorburst lipstick packaging is. I have to keep the lipcolor swiveled down when I have the lid on, because if I don't, the lid would smush the color when I pry it off. (Not sure if all of the Lip Butter packaging is like this. Maybe I just got a bad one.)
Overall, I say believe the hype about this lipcolor! I just wish they had this formula in the regular Colorburst Rosy Nude shade!!! That would be HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty mid toned plummy pink, and one of my favorite shades. It's almost always sold out so next time I see it again I might go ahead and stock up. I totally wish they would make a lipstick in this color. Very nice and perfect for anytime, with or without makeup, with or without lipliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color. When I first applied it, I fell in love. I knew it would not leave my purse. This is a sheer plummy pink which looks awesome with or without a lip pencil. This is perfect for everyday looks or if you're kicking it with friends.