Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

4.5

on 6/22/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love, this color on me!!! (I put a pic up of it on me) It's really pretty on my fair skin...it's the perfect berry! I would highly recommend this if your fair like me and want a beautiful berry color. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

HALLELUJAH!!! I am starting to get into the craze of Revlon Lip Butters. This was my first color, and I was thoroughly impressed. They are a lipstick-gloss-balm sort of thing, and the colors are GREAT. Sugar Plum is a warm, pink-toned plum, and fairly sheer. The perfect MLBB shade for me.

on 5/27/2012 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awesome. Sugar plum is a "my-lips-but-better" kinda shade for me, and it really helps me look more alive and less tired. It is so easy to apply, and the colour is easily buildable. I usually use about 2 swipes of this for the right amount of colour. It's not heavy or sticky at all. It's just like wearing a tinted lip balm :) My only gripe would be the packaging. I don't like how the bottom portion is so thin, which makes it hard to grab on to when I'm trying to open the tube. And I disagree with the reviewers who say the packaging looks classy. I'm not a fan of the quilted-cover cap. But I honestly don't really care about the packaging at all since this product is so amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on the other shades (I've heard that Watsons/John Little has a 20% off promotion on all Revlon products).

on 5/21/2012 4:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have very dry chapped lips and generally don't wear lipsticks as they would emphasis my dry lips. I have no problem with this product, doesn't dry out my lips at all! Would definitely recommend this.

I have pigmented lips and this colour complements my complexion, really liked the plumy colour. There is no shimmer and its a sheer lipstick. Colour is buildable.

Packaging is very pretty and sturdy.

on 5/17/2012 10:17:00 PM

I have been searching for a good, MLBB, everyday pink-mauve lippie. I wanted no brown tinge as every pink-brown lipstick turns orange or brick on me (i.e., NARS DV, MAC Cosmo, Revlon Pink Truffle, etc). I was considering purchasing NARS Damage or MAC Syrup again until I read the reviews for this. I LOVE it!! It has no shimmer, and is a lovely, plummy, pinky mauve. Perfect...exactly what I was searching for!

on 5/3/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This review is NOT based on the quality of the Revlon Lip Butter, but rather for the colour Sugar Plum.
I really love Pink Truffle from the Lip Butter line, but the time I got to enjoy that colour was limited since I lost it after about 3 weeks...Massive Sigh...
I started to lose interest in my Lip Butters, I've haven't got to try all the ones I have yet, but one day I just plucked Sugar Plum out of the draw and just apply it on.
I think I love this colour more then Pink Truffle! I honestly don't miss Pink Truffle since I tried Sugar Plum.
This is a sheer plum colour, but on my lips its just a MLBB colour. I have pigmented lips, and this colour is perfect!
I just found out that Revlon Lip Butters are finally available in Australia, but the the price tag of $21.95AUD, are they serious?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite shades from the lip butters line. It is a gorgeous plummy pink on my quite pigmented lips. It can be hard for me to find neutral/creamy pinks that show up on my lip tone without muting them out but this one really does the trick. It has a smooth and creamy texture with a slight shine and is great for everyday use. I think the packaging is adorable and reminds me of much more expensive brands, such as Chanel.

on 4/24/2012 7:28:00 PM

After my success with Pink Truffle, I had to buy more of these Lip Butters :)
Price: $8.93 CAD
Pkg: square tube, translucent quilted lid w/clear top
Colour: plummy pink (light muted fuchsia?)
Finish: balm-y crème-shine
Pigmentation: medium at one swipe; buildable
When I look at lip colours, I gravitate toward darkish pink colours.
While this is moisturising I still put lip balm under it cuz otherwise my lips get tingly. Lasts for hours and fades very little
This is in my comfort zone. And yes, I'll be trying out brights later ;)

on 4/19/2012 2:59:00 AM

Finally found MLBB shade! I have searched far and wide for this and have spent a lot of money trying to find it as well buying from Mac, Chanel, YSL, Rimmel etc. So I am really ecstatic that i found this! This shade is a mauvey/brown shade with slight plum to it. For reference, lip shades that have a berry and plummy tone to them suits me the best. Cool toned shades are definitely out. Also have an NC40-42 complexion, use Nars Barcelona, Chanel Vitalumiere in 4.0. So if you are looking for your MLBB lipstick and these shades look best on you try this one out!

on 4/7/2012 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the nicer lip butters. A very close dupe of Vincent Longo's Foolish Virgin, which is one of my faves. In comparison to some of the other colors in the line, this one is more demure. I like that this one has no glitter or shimmer. It lasts for an hour or two but it's marketed as a lip butter so that's to be expected. It has no offensive scent and feels good on the lips. I'm hoping that Revlon keeps the lip butters around, I would definitely buy this one again.