April 18, 2014 | 1503 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the packaging,color payoff,ect but the shadows are too shimmery and i only use 3 colors from it....i'd rather stick to my MAC shadows

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by stardustmemories

I got this over a year ago in the US--I live in Canada and when it comes to expensive (overpriced) cosmetics, I try to buy in the US and avoid our even higher prices and taxes. I like and use all the shades, my favourites are bootycall, YDK, chopper, snakebite and busted. The quality is superb--I don't even use a primer with them, just some powder (LancĂ´me dual finish to be exact) and I don't have to touch up. I also like the lip gloss that came with it, it has a lovely minty taste and is a flattering colour. The brush is good, not the best I've ever used, but more than good enough. This palette is too big for travelling, to me anyway, plus I don't need that many shades on a trip. I checked off that I wouldn't buy again, not that I don't like it but I just saw the new Naked 3 and I think I'd like it better. By the way, I'm 56 years old and I wear glittery eyeshadow all the time--looks fine. The glittery shades don't actually look as glittery on as they do in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Amandabambii

This palette is simply a must have! Urban decay kicks MAC's butt when it comes to eyeshadows! This was my first expensive product purchase and I love it.

I have been using it for nearly a year now and there's hardly any dips. The double ended Brush would be useable but I never use the brushes that come with palettes, etc. the Naked 2 has a great range of warm and cool colours that would be awesome on any skin tone or eye colour!

Pros:
- 12 highly pigmented eyeshadows
- smooth, blends like a dream
- colours to suit anyone
- comes with a brush
- can make any eye look day to night
- packaging is very sturdy

Cons:
- some may consider it expensive

If you haven't already you need to check out this palette!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by dawny1980

i love this pallette, it is gorgeous and has a great range of colours suitable for daytime and evening wear. they are all so easy to blend together to give a multitude of different looks. you can basically create any look you want with ease. the colours are stunning neutrals and there will be a few in the pallette to suit everyone and like i say easy to blend so pretty much the entire pallette is usable. there are shimmers and mattes in the pallette so a good variety. my favourites are half baked, chopper, snakebite and suspect. blackout is a bit severe for my liking but is a good addition as you can use it as an eyeliner when doing a smoky eye. the packaging is nice and the brush and mirror are handy. it's a bit big to carry around but the shades are really long lasting and don't really need to be re-applied so that's not a huge negative. the only other shade i'm not fond of is tease as it doesn't seem to last as long as the others but 10 out of 12 ain't bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite eyeshadow palette, I reach for it everyday. The only palette I own that has pan showing. I have lots, way too many eyeshadow, and out of all of them these are my favorite. Blackout is most used brow powder, Bootycall (ugh, hate the name) my most used inner corner highlighter, and Foxy my most used browbone highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the versatility of these eyeshadows. Great if ur traveling also. I def will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by kylann17

I don't know what I could say about this product that hasn't already been said, but I waited a year to write this review and I still need to say it.

I am a fair skinned blue eyed blonde and I use this palette almost daily. It has every shade you could possibly need to create day and night looks. I even use Tease to fill my eyebrows. The colors last and have great pigment. The brush is great, and I NEVER say that about the ones that come with a product. The mirror is huge.

I contemplated buying it for so long, and I can honestly say it has replaced every other eyeshadow and palette I was using. One palette. Done.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by glossina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I swear, UD has ruined me on all other shadows, forever. It took me AGES to pull the trigger on buying a Naked Palette! (Surely they were merely over-hyped like so many palettes. What girl needs that type of disappointment?) Then, last year I finally caved. Naked 2 had just been released so I purchased BOTH 1&2. My logic said if I regretted my $100 purchase, I could always return. Now, having owned them both for a long time, I can honestly say this is one of the VERY BEST makeup purchases I've ever made. (For comparison, I am cool-toned, fair-skinned and in my 40's). The first week I owned the palettes, I was iffy about some of the colors. Also, the sheen & glitter did frighten me. It was easy to see they were extremely pigmented. They apply buttery smooth & last well even w/o primer. After my first 10 days of trying umpteen different eye-looks, there was NO WAY these babies were going to be returned. Like many other reviewers, I do wish there were more satin or matte shades to blend with. Perhaps Naked Basics will fix that. For me personally, at my age & with a bit of crepiness on my eyes, I do best using a light hand on some of the colors. Younger eyes will be limited only by their imagination. SUMMARY: There is absolutely no end to the ways you can use these shadows. If you are afraid, I urge you to push yourself. Experiment wildly. The colors combine & blend in ways that will surprise and delight you. They are awesome as liners!! With a large, fluffy brush, try some as a light eye-wash or even as highlight on your cheeks. VALUE: I reach for UDN1 daily & after months, they look hardly used. This will last for years. Overall, I am a huge fan and wish UD would make a trillion more shadow colors. Because as I buy & compare shadows from Tarte, EL, L'ancome, Stila, NYX, etc. they keep disappointing me. Specific to UDN2: Even though I am cool complected & these are supposedly cooler shades, I seem to reach for UDN1 twice as often. What I do like about UDN2 is the more practical packaging, the brush is pretty useful, Tease is one of my favorite shadows of all time, ever!! What I don't like are the first 4 light colors. Many are very similar to UDN1. The remaining 8 are lovely. Hope this helps!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by prettyeyelash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I find this product overhyped. It doesn't have the smooth creamy texture i thought i would, nor was the pigment as rich as i would have wanted it to be.
However, it does last a pretty long time on the lids, unsure whether it is mac fix+ that helps or not.
The colors does not blend as pretty, and the end results usually look muddy, probably because the colors does not run that far, and isnt much too different or stark on its own.

I still like Kanebo Kate blendzone eyeshadow. Talk about smooth and creamy texture,unbeatable!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So Ive had this palette for quite some time and only recently have i began using it again. I really did forget how amazingly pigmented these eyeshadows are. I highly recommend it to any of you that haunt purchased it yet. It's such a staple piece in my kit that I think everyone should own. You can do so many styles from wedding, natural or dramatic and the colors are quite brown to a taupe. They last me all day when I set it with or without a primer, I quite enjoy using the milk jumbo eye pencil just because it helps enhance the true colour of these eye shadows. Hope this helps xx