Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

3.6

Polybutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Dithylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Fragrance, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain:, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

on 5/19/2012 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

My ideal nude shade! I would say I have fair skin, warm undertones. It doesn't wash me out. It's like the perfect amount of color,I love the texture and it has a good amount of shine! It feels like it would last a fair amount on your lips and goes on very smoothly. It really compliments my skin tone. I would repurchase, however, it's really expensive where I live!

on 5/16/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

My least favorite of the lip butters. I thought this would be a pretty, milky MLBB shade but Creme Brulee is not too friendly to the NC40+ crowd. I bought it because this lip butter reminded me of Fresh Brew, my HG nude lipstick. Creme Brulee is a milky, peachy brown that has a frosty shimmer to it. I was extremely disappointed that it did not have a creme finish. It applies rather sheer. On me, this was a corpse lips colour. I absolutely love all my other lip butters and I give this one 3 lippies because I do think it would be pretty on someone with lighter skin or less pigmented lips.

on 5/14/2012 11:46:00 PM

"Nude" colors generally don't look too good on me (for reference I have dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and pink toned fair skin), but Creme Brulee doesn't wash me out or make me look ill. I love to pair this with light pink lipliner (like NYX's Nude Pink).

My lips are very dry, so I love this formula for how moisturizing it is. I also hate this formula for how messy it is; not on my lips, but in the tube. After it's been warmed up it gets everywhere. If you roll it back down into the tube it oozes over the edges and gets all over the sides of the casing.

on 5/13/2012 10:53:00 AM

In general, I'm not a huge fan of nude lip sticks. I find that they often wash me out and generally they are not very flattering. Revlon's Creme Brulee is an exception to this. Creme Brulee is a beautiful nude with very very slight shimmer. The moisturizing aspect is awesome, it keeps my lips soft and moist. Re-application is minimal, which I like. This is definitely one of my favorite nudes.

on 5/9/2012 12:10:00 PM

I like the lip butters line a lot - I've got about 6 of them now. I was hoping this color would be a tad cooler - on me, the bronze and orange shades really pop with this color. My lips and skin have a blue-er tint to them and my lips are quite pigmented on their own, so the contrast can look odd. However, if I swipe some sheer pink gloss over this, I really like it. It's a nice nude that I can pull off and look "done". I'm going to experiment with it a little more and see if I can do a makeup look that works with this lippie on its own.

on 4/23/2012 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I haven’t worn lipstick in yearsssss – I’ve been wearing lip gloss and chapstick most of the time. So I heard about this lip butter, saw it on sale & thought I would give it a try!

I really like the crème brulee color, it is nude and really nice and shiny – with just a hint of shimmer/sparkle. I always put on chapstick first then my lip butter – you can build up the color more if you want by using a couple of coats.

Granted, the color doesn’t last very long, but not being a lipstick person this is as close as I’m going to get. I haven’t noticed my lips being drier from this, but that might be b/c I always use it in a combo.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first, I wasn't a fan of the Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee. It is smooth, decently moisturizing, and has a subtle vanilla scent but on my NC20 skin and medium pigmented lips, it only provided a beige-ish sheen. It wasn't quite opaque enough to pass as a nude lip and it was too beige to pass as a plain lipbalm.

Then, I tried layering this over various pink lipsticks and it became Love! It provides the perfect milky pink shine when I want to tone down a pink lipcolor that is too bright or too cool-toned. It looks good over all shades of pink.

Sometimes I will apply a pink or MMLB color lipstick first and then the creme brulee in the inner portion of my lips to create a subtle gradient of color that is popular in Korean and Japanese make-up.

Get this when Revlon lip products are on sale at the drugstore.

This is the perfect nude lippie I have ever owned! It doesn't give me that corpse-looking lips but gives the perfect amount of warmth and glossiness. I am in shade NC30-5

I think this shade will suit most with smokey eyes, or any eye look that is more dramatic.
It smells lovely and the packaging is really convienient. MUST HAVE!

on 4/18/2012 12:17:00 AM

I had already owned 3 Revlon lip butters(Gumdrop, Cupcake, Cotton Candy), and loved them but wanted to try Creme Brulee and it was always sold out. When i finally got my hands on one..sadly, it fell flat. Its a gorgeous color, just not on me. And it didn't seem as moisturizing as my other ones. Love love love lip butters though, and i will repurchase others.

I bought it the first time in Pink Truffle, I didn't love the color but Target was out of almost everything else and I was desperate to try it and see what the texture was like. It was nice but the color wasn't for me, so I gave it to my mom she loves it. I bought Creme Brulee and Sugar Frosting next and they are awesome!! I haven't worn lipstick since I first wore makeup in jr. high. I have always been a gloss and liner girl because lipstick it so drying and heavy. This lipstick is perfect amount of color with a teenie bit of shimmer/pearl and super easy and soft to wear. love them and wanna get Creamsicle and Cupcake next.

Popular Lipsticks