October 21, 2014 | 2015 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Guinnessgirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This one has really grown on me. Initially bought it in summer and was underwhelmed, but now in winter, after an l/s buying spree that left me fairly unsatisfied, I'm realizing that pink truffle is my perfect option for everyday. It is truly neutral on me so looks great with both cool and warm eye/ cheek combos. A medium nude that doesn't leave me washed out. I love that it's sparkle free and looks good with both colorful and naked eye looks. Between this and L'Oreal Gilded Pink, I'm set for daytime. (Until summer and Tutti Frutti season!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely flattering rosy brown/pink colour. It is moisturising, has no scent and is quite shiny. It doesn't last long on the lips though. It is 5.99 in the UK. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

Very pretty pink-brown color (on me, it is almost red). Feels the same when applied as the rest of the LipButters. PF, however, looks less sheer/sparkly in color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

NOTE: The only reason I won't be repurchasing is because I seldom wear makeup and I've already bought three different Lip Butters. I've compared them to the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It's not too heavy, but I think it's noticable when you're wearing it, especially if you apply a thick layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $7 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. This color is a very brown-toned pink, it's neutral and seems to suit a long range of skin tones. I have olive skin and I think it turns out looking a little too brown on me, so it's not my favorite or go-to color when it comes to lipstick, but it's still very nice. I might change my mind about it when I'm able to get some sun, though!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Mntgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this on ebay so it was so reasonable....waiting to see if it changes color on me. So far I am loving it. I've been looking for a dupe for my beloved mac lust lipglass which I have worn for years....this looks pretty close and if it's a wee bit moisturizing thats a huge plus. I'll come back after I've had a chance to experience it for a week or so, but for now I'm loving it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I normally wouldn't write a review of a product that I'm so blah about. But there are so many great reviews for this that I feel it would be useful to add my views. In my mind, this lipstick is absolutely nothing special. I do NOT understand the hype. The texture is nice (like all of the Revlon lip butters) and I really appreciate that there is no shimmer or glitter. However, the colour is neither here nor there. And I don't mean it's a fabulous neutral - no, I mean that it's kind of pink, kind of brown, but overall kind of blah. It actually reminds me of some of the 1990s brownish lipsticks. It's not hideous, but when I put it on I feel it does nothing to liven up my face. It's just meh. Also, I find that this smears really easily and smudges past my lip lines. For a lip butter (ie a product that's supposed to be easy to wear) I don't think I should have to use lip liner or lip primer to keep this from sliding around.

Honestly, there are MUCH better neutrals out there. I really think this is an overhyped product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decide to give it a try after reading so many good reviews here and I have to say I am glad I did.

The quality of this stays on par with other lip butters I have. What truly stands out is it's color. It is a great MLBB color and I can see myself wearing it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MadameDesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this and all the other lip butters. This turned out to be a great MLBB shade. Right smack between lipstick and lip balm.
The Revlon Lip Butters are. Perfect marriage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is most certainly my favourite lip butter, the texture on the lips is wonderful, not too slippery and not drying at all. The colour is a very easy to wear MLBB shade and is suitable for any eye look. And the packaging is adorable to boot! Do not under estimate the versatility of a great MLBB shade to have in your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by nicolem100

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an amazing color and an amazing lip butter. It has such a smooth and soft application and it has a creamy finish, not shiny or glassy. I have other revlon lip butters in other colors, but this one looks best on me. I have medium skin, very dark brown hair and very dark eyes, overall dark features. I have very pigmented lips to begin with, so this comes out as a sort of dusty, mute pink on me, not at all peach like the others have written. I feel that the name description fits very well, its a bit of a browned pink. I've been looking forever for a color like this, very natural! I highly recommend.