August 27, 2014 | 1824 users online

Hair Treatments - Phyto - Phyto 9

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Spacemonkeylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh, I love my Phyto 9! Not to be confused with Potion 9 from Sebastian, which is a pain in the patella for my hair.

Phyto 9 leaves my hair smooth, soft and a bit shiny and it's not sticky. It has a thick, light yellow-ish consistency, spreads very well (I love all the Phyto products consistencies - except the rather watery shampoo Phytovolume). It has virtually no smell and contains no silicones. YAY!

It's a bit pricey though, as you only get a rather small tube of Phyto 9. I need more than a pea size amount for my bra-strap length hair, but I think its not so bad.

But, if my hair stays the way it is now, I will always buy again.

Edit: I mix this with with my lait nutri sculpt (Kerastase) from my old, left-over, pre-"I don't do silicones"-aera. It gives a pretty body, lovely shine, detangles, smoothes, hydrates. Very nice on my hair. I don't like the lait nutri sculpt on its own, Its too heavy on my hair, but mixed with this its brilliant.

Thanks again, Phyto.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 8:46:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is over 50% grey, thick, coarse-ish and shoulderlength. I flatiron it and wear it straight. Phyto 9 is a terrific product to silken and control the wirey greys. So far I've only used it on my hair after it's dried and styled...like a grooming cream...but the results are pretty nice. It doesn't shine it up like a brilliantine or seperate it like a styling cream it just makes it silkier and gets rid of the strawiness and flyaways. I think its great that it only contains natural ingredients. That's what sold me. I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product for my super-dry ends. For the record, I have fine, very thin hair, and this product does not weigh it down at all. Just makes the ends super-soft & silky. Unlike everyone else who's reviewed this, I've had my tube for well over a year & it's still almost full(!) since I only need a pea-sized amount.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2007 7:04:00 AM More reviews by stinkpot

I have very long, fine hair and have experimented with lots of leave in conditioners (Jonathan Product, Fekkai, Ojon, etc.) and this is by far my favorite. It makes my hair silky, controls frizz, and doesn't weigh my hair down. Of course the only problem is the price; a tube doesn't last very long and it's so expensive.

Edit: This product is just too expensive for the tiny size of the tube. I've gone back to Ojon and Jonathan. I'm also finding that this isn't as moisturizing as those products. Won't be using this agin for the price alone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

Ok, here's the deal. The main ingredient in Phyto 9 or 7 is macadamia oil and then there is a base made out of soy. It's good stuff but why not just use macadamia oil itself?

After purchasing one tube of this and actually loving how soft my hair was and how conditioned my hair became I loved it! But I hate the price. At 24.00 dollars for a small (maybe 6oz) tube of the stuff it doesn't last very long and it's very pricey.

My hair is thick and coarse and really loved this stuff but I don't like the price. So I went to Wholefoods and bought a large 18oz bottle of 100% macadamia oil from the cooking section for 9.99 and took it home and tried it.

Ha! Take that Phyto 9 and your wonderful hair product. It worked great! Straight macadamium oil made my hair feel like silk, no more frizzies and best of all you only need a little (same as Phyto 9) so it doesn't leave your hair looking greasy.

Ok I admit Phyto 9 is great! It really is, I love it but honestly. Why pay 24 + for a small amount of it when it even advertises that it's mostly macadamia oil anyways??

I've tried olive oil before but that leaves my hair pretty greasy and not soft. I do love another olive oil tye product but it wasn't straight olive oil so I couldn't reproduce the affects.

Phyto 9 is mostly macadamia oil so the affect Phyto 9 had on my hair was reproduced easily.

Seriously ladies, if you love Phyto 9 give straight macadamia oil a try. Go to Whole Foods or any other speciality food store, buy a small bottle of macadamia oil and try it. Don't drown your hair in it (or if you do leave it on over night) but use a small amount.

Macadamia oil doesn't smell and it really penatrates your hair. If it doesn't work for you return it to the store.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by lemongrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair suffers from severe abuse. I chemically straighten it. I also use a flat iron, curling iron, and hot rollers frequently. For the past few weeks, my hair was feeling VERY dry. Phyto 9 has made it feel normal again! For me, it's a miracle product. I'm wondering whether the people who have blah experiences with it are following the directions? You're only to use a pea sized amount directed towards the ends of your hair. It's really expensive, but for me, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 9:17:00 AM More reviews by queenisabelle29

i just am in love with this product. it makes my thick, curly hair so soft and shiney. i really could tell a difference in the appearnace of my hair after i straightened it the next morning. it made my hair so soft and didn't weigh it down at all. i work at bbw and i was talking to a woman about it and she asked if she could feel my hair and was so amazed that she bought it instead of the fekkai that she was considering. my only gripe about this product is that the tube is so small, i would rather pay more and get a larger tube (like defrisant) instead of having to replace this one so often. but until that happens, i will be replacing this one because my hair jusr loves this product so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is soooo expensive. That being said, I can not live without out it. I am African-American and I have thick, coily, but fine hair. My hair drinks up so much moisture. I needed to find a moisturizer - not an oil moisturizer - to satiate my hair's thirst. I found it. I've already used one tube and am anxiously awaiting my second. I wish they made it in a larger tube.

If you can get over the price, then order it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 4:00:00 AM More reviews by chakra77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so disappointed after using this - my hair actually seemed drier after using all of the products in the "ultra dry hair" line. I tried using excess amounts and it didn't make a difference. My advice: don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2006 2:08:00 PM More reviews by thaliath

this product is ok. i would be pleased if someone got it for me,but wouldnt buy it again...thats because its one of those products that doesnt really matter when it comes to how my hair feels.
yes,its a little moisturizing..but with the amount i have to use to get there i would use up one tube in 3 weeks.
on the good side,it doesnt weigh hair down,full of qualityingredients & i like the metaltube!!