July 30, 2014 | 2130 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Fleur Power

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Bisque

Ok This is actually my first MAC blush..and i'm glad i choose this one..I'm asian and this colour is just so vibrant..its very pigmented and works on darker skin tones also..I love this blush!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok this blush is VERY pigmented. Just dab your brush in and the blend onto your face. DAB!!! This is not like some of MAC's other blushes, it has a very strong pigment. This is kind of a good thing because this blush will last forever. It is a warm, peachy pink color. I am NW 15/20. I like this color for the summer because I tend to have a bit more color on my face. Very nice color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NC 15/20 Asian for reference.

I usually don't like to review blushes and eyeshadows as I feel that most reviews are subjective according to skintone and taste. This gem however, is universally flattering. I get compliments all the time on my blush and already I have converted a few girls of all skin tones and types to this blush. I was in the MAC store and a girl who was shopping for foundation asked me what blush I was wearing and after trying it on immediately bought it. She looked as if of Spanish descent and it looked lovely on her. This blush works for a myriad of skintones, features, and colors and is extremely versatile. Looks scary pink in pan but is a beautiful pink with hints of coral. Don't look at the swatches on the MAC site, very misleading. I've worn this with many many looks and it works for all of them. I've paired this with NARS pink fuschia-ish Schiap lipstick and a smokey purple and pink shadow for a barbie ish look, worn this to class and to dates with a neutral pinky nudey lip and neutral eyes for a soft romantic look, worn this out to the clubs with deep smokey eyes and bright lips out to the club and this really works for all of them. It is one of most used blush and about HG status ( I own about 30 blushes). This is extremely pigmented and you really don't need much but it is very easy to blend. I suggest using a smaller contour blush brush to apply then blending it out with a bigger powder brush. I use it so much (bout three times a week) and have only made a tiiny dent in about to years of constant use. I deducted a lippie because it is not long wearing so for my long days out I must keep this on hand to retouch once or twice throughout the day which gets to be a bit annoying but for this amazing color this is a very small price to pay.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very versatile blush, that I imagine would look nice on a variety of skin tones. My own skin tone is fairly neutral, but leans cool- I can wear some warm shades though.

Fleur Power I'd say is pretty neutral. It is a peachy/salmon color with no detectible shimmer to me. I can wear this when I'm pale in the winter, and when I have more color, in the summer.

The texture is finely milled, and heavily pigmented, so you really just need to dab either a fluffy brush, or a fan-type brush into the container, and then tap off the extra before applying, and use a swirling motion to apply. Using a heavy hand could result in some 80ish stripes.

MAC doesn't waste material by including a cheap, crappy brush with their blushes, so you do need to have your own brush. I use the ELF angled blush/contouring brush with excellent results, and then blend with a big fluffy brush afterward if needed.

The price was somewhere between $14 and $19- I can't remember. I've been using it almost daily for 3 or 4 months and don't seem to have made a dent in it, so I'm OK with that price, for as long as it's lasting as it is. As pigmented as it is, you really could apply it normally (one dip in the pan for each cheek) one day and then use the leftovers on the brush the next day and still get a good application.

I have used some pretty decent drugstore blushes, but now that I've used MAC I'm forever a convert. (I've used fleur power and her blooming cheek.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most favourite blushes. It looks gorgeous on my nc45ish skin, but will look good any just about anyone (as evidenced by the wide range of positive reviews). Can be brushed on lightly or packed on a bit more for those who like a stronger look. And it just lasts forever. It looks a bit pinkish in the pan but comes out more peachy on me. I always get lots of looks when wearing this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this blusher is gorgeous! it looks totally different live than in MAC website. it looks dark on the pot, but it turns into really pretty warm coral color. so pretty! its a satin blush, so it gives that nice glow to your skin. its very pigmented as MAC blushes usually are.. highly recommend this one, the color is pretty universal, would look good on any skin tones. i would prefer this in the summer, but it could work in winter too to give that summery warm look to your face :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I had a bunch or peachy, reddish and copper tone blushes in my makeup collection but I threw them all out after discovering Mocha and Fleur Power. This blush is amazing and would look good on all skin colors!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:33:00 AM More reviews by laiagmartin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Last year I went to the MAC counter asking for advice of a nice blush colour for me and they adviced me this. One of the best advices I've ever got! The colour shows beautifully on me but it's needed to be careful when applying it or you can overdo this one easily. Anyway, it's one of my stapler blushes and I always go back to it when I want to look wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is a strong blush that works soooo well with any look (cool, warm, neutral). If you have been living in the land of Sheertones for a while, careful when you go to put this on. It pacs a punch. I just use a MAC 187 or the SK skunk brush to apply and I have not had any problems with over applying-actually, with these type of duo fibre brushes, application is absolutely no problem...it's perfect and easy. That said, the color is gorgeous! I am NW20 black/brown hair, brown eyes and this gives me such a wonderful, healthy flush...no, it's a glow with out the shimmer. I look like I just had a good romp! This lights up the whole face in such a polished, elegant way (yes, I just said polished and elegant after saying romp).

COLOR/COMPARE: I wanted a pinky peach matte blush ( I put the "pinky" first for a reason...it skews more pink on me...but still with that glow the pinky/peach combo offers). I tried NARS Amour but it was too ruddy/corally on me. Fleur Power looks so much more natural on me and is distinctively more pink than Amour. The reason I am drawing comparisons between the two is that Temptalia lists them as dupes for each other. For me Fleur Power is what I thought Deep Throat would be without the shimmer (DT has shimmer, FP does not). Bottom line is, if the color has been intriguing you, just try it. It is as good as you think it is.
UPDATE 3/31/11 - I have not even touched my Peachykeen or Mocha since I started using this. It works for EVERY look I have put together. I never thought I could feel so impassioned about a blush before. And what kills me is not one MAC rep pulled this out first when I went in asking for a blush. They always go for Mocha or Blushbaby. But Fleur Power is blush nirvana for me!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mslovely417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for Christmas. Usually I buy blushes all within the same color family (baby pinks/rosy pinks) this color needs very little application on the face and it provides a beautiful glow. I love it, and would def repurchase!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No