MAC Satin Blush - Fleur Power

4.5

on 10/2/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a pinky/peach blush which wasn't too blue toned, or too bright orange. I came across this in MAC Norwich where Stacey helped me choose. It applies really well, and lasts a long time, I put mine on at 10am today and took my make up off at half 11(PM) and it was still there. The only problem I have is that there is a lot of loose product once you sweep the brush over it, quite annoying! I am NC35 and this shows beautifully, can be built up for a really bright look or toned down, and lasts a long time. I would recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I scored this gem in a swap. Very pigmented, satin finish blush. A beautiful warm pink color, that provides the perfect flush of color. I'm very fair (NW20), so I need to use a light hand with this color. Will definately repurchase.

on 7/11/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Very beautiful blush. Highly pigmented and can be blended to give the most beautiful flush of pink on the cheeks. I dont wear it as much during the summer since I find that it doesnt look as well on me when my skin tans. Will definatley use again in the cooler months.

on 7/11/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is my first Mac blush. I often breakout on my cheeks and it leaves a lot of redness, even on my brown (nc50) skin so I was hesitant to try blush in the first place. I had heard that I should get Ambering Rose and Sweet as Cocoa as a black girl so when I was at the Mac in Macys I was only looking at those two. The makeup artist asked me what i was looking for and I told him I wanted a natural peachy look and he instantly starting loading this blush on my face. It complemented my skin perfectly and even though he put it on heavy, I could tell that it would look nice lighter. I really love and recommend it. Plus theres no shimmer which is good if you want to use highlighter. Get it!

on 6/30/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

5/5 for me! This was my first MAC blush and I love it! Highly pigmented, gorgeous color that lasts throughout the day. Just be careful not to use too much since it's really pigmented.

on 6/21/2011 2:50:00 PM

love this very pigmented blush its a beautiful coral color

on 6/5/2011 3:27:00 AM

Ok This is actually my first MAC blush..and i'm glad i choose this one..I'm asian and this colour is just so vibrant..its very pigmented and works on darker skin tones also..I love this blush!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Ok this blush is VERY pigmented. Just dab your brush in and the blend onto your face. DAB!!! This is not like some of MAC's other blushes, it has a very strong pigment. This is kind of a good thing because this blush will last forever. It is a warm, peachy pink color. I am NW 15/20. I like this color for the summer because I tend to have a bit more color on my face. Very nice color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC 15/20 Asian for reference.

I usually don't like to review blushes and eyeshadows as I feel that most reviews are subjective according to skintone and taste. This gem however, is universally flattering. I get compliments all the time on my blush and already I have converted a few girls of all skin tones and types to this blush. I was in the MAC store and a girl who was shopping for foundation asked me what blush I was wearing and after trying it on immediately bought it. She looked as if of Spanish descent and it looked lovely on her. This blush works for a myriad of skintones, features, and colors and is extremely versatile. Looks scary pink in pan but is a beautiful pink with hints of coral. Don't look at the swatches on the MAC site, very misleading. I've worn this with many many looks and it works for all of them. I've paired this with NARS pink fuschia-ish Schiap lipstick and a smokey purple and pink shadow for a barbie ish look, worn this to class and to dates with a neutral pinky nudey lip and neutral eyes for a soft romantic look, worn this out to the clubs with deep smokey eyes and bright lips out to the club and this really works for all of them. It is one of most used blush and about HG status ( I own about 30 blushes). This is extremely pigmented and you really don't need much but it is very easy to blend. I suggest using a smaller contour blush brush to apply then blending it out with a bigger powder brush. I use it so much (bout three times a week) and have only made a tiiny dent in about to years of constant use. I deducted a lippie because it is not long wearing so for my long days out I must keep this on hand to retouch once or twice throughout the day which gets to be a bit annoying but for this amazing color this is a very small price to pay.

on 4/24/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a very versatile blush, that I imagine would look nice on a variety of skin tones. My own skin tone is fairly neutral, but leans cool- I can wear some warm shades though.

Fleur Power I'd say is pretty neutral. It is a peachy/salmon color with no detectible shimmer to me. I can wear this when I'm pale in the winter, and when I have more color, in the summer.

The texture is finely milled, and heavily pigmented, so you really just need to dab either a fluffy brush, or a fan-type brush into the container, and then tap off the extra before applying, and use a swirling motion to apply. Using a heavy hand could result in some 80ish stripes.

MAC doesn't waste material by including a cheap, crappy brush with their blushes, so you do need to have your own brush. I use the ELF angled blush/contouring brush with excellent results, and then blend with a big fluffy brush afterward if needed.

The price was somewhere between $14 and $19- I can't remember. I've been using it almost daily for 3 or 4 months and don't seem to have made a dent in it, so I'm OK with that price, for as long as it's lasting as it is. As pigmented as it is, you really could apply it normally (one dip in the pan for each cheek) one day and then use the leftovers on the brush the next day and still get a good application.

I have used some pretty decent drugstore blushes, but now that I've used MAC I'm forever a convert. (I've used fleur power and her blooming cheek.)

Popular Blush Products