October 31, 2014 | 1051 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2003 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Newme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder. I have tried many others and will stay with this one. It gives the face a soft matte look. It doesn't look at all powdery. It also seems to hide flaws a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2003 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Despie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder!

Goes on smoothly and doesn't look flaky like most powders tend to do on my dry skin. I wear this in the shade "Transparant" which doesn't deposit any color on my skin.

I'm glad that there isn't an extra space for the sponge...I use a brush to apply powder and toss the sponge...having an extra space would make the sleek blue compact too bulky (imo).

I used to use EL a lot in my 80's youth and strayed away when the younger, "hipper" lines began appearing. I am happily finding that this line still has some nice products especially for skin that is on the dry side like mine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Principessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this Transparent compact hoping to absorb oil throughout the day without adding color. While it does help reduce shininess, I find it to be a little on the powdery side and it does, in fact, deposit color- a very pale color! It can make me look pretty chalky. The compact itself is beautiful and the mirror is great but as others have pointed out, the sponge sits against the mirror so it is always dirty. Considering the price, I can't say I recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2003 11:02:00 AM More reviews by celedine

I used this for touching up during the day. It tends to look powdery, so you have to be careful to not overdo it. The puff that comes in the compact is like a sponge but there isn't a seperate compartment for it so the mirror gets all smudged up. Although the mirror in the compact is nice and wide.

I ended up giving this to my mother b/c the scent was too strong and bothered me too much. I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be, but it wouldn't fade away, and made me want to sneeze. But I have a friend that liked the scent so I guess it might just be me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2002 1:58:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Gorgeous compact. Really nice texture. The texture is sliky and smooth and the powder goes on very naturally. Love this.