April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Principessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this Transparent compact hoping to absorb oil throughout the day without adding color. While it does help reduce shininess, I find it to be a little on the powdery side and it does, in fact, deposit color- a very pale color! It can make me look pretty chalky. The compact itself is beautiful and the mirror is great but as others have pointed out, the sponge sits against the mirror so it is always dirty. Considering the price, I can't say I recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2003 11:02:00 AM More reviews by celedine

I used this for touching up during the day. It tends to look powdery, so you have to be careful to not overdo it. The puff that comes in the compact is like a sponge but there isn't a seperate compartment for it so the mirror gets all smudged up. Although the mirror in the compact is nice and wide.

I ended up giving this to my mother b/c the scent was too strong and bothered me too much. I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be, but it wouldn't fade away, and made me want to sneeze. But I have a friend that liked the scent so I guess it might just be me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2002 1:58:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Gorgeous compact. Really nice texture. The texture is sliky and smooth and the powder goes on very naturally. Love this.