Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

Talc, Polyethlene, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl stearate, glycine soja (soybean) Phospholipid, Lecithin, Phytosqualane, Tocopherol, Phytosterols, Linoleic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxy-Ethanol, Mica, Iron oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium oxide

on 3/20/2003 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder has been in my cosmetic bag for years. I have been using it touch up my makeup and it usually gives good results. While I purchased this powder, the EL sales person told me this is more suitable for normal to dry skin type while Enlighten is for more oily skin.

on 3/16/2003 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG powder. I have tried many others and will stay with this one. It gives the face a soft matte look. It doesn't look at all powdery. It also seems to hide flaws a little.

on 2/16/2003 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite powder!

Goes on smoothly and doesn't look flaky like most powders tend to do on my dry skin. I wear this in the shade "Transparant" which doesn't deposit any color on my skin.

I'm glad that there isn't an extra space for the sponge...I use a brush to apply powder and toss the sponge...having an extra space would make the sleek blue compact too bulky (imo).

I used to use EL a lot in my 80's youth and strayed away when the younger, "hipper" lines began appearing. I am happily finding that this line still has some nice products especially for skin that is on the dry side like mine.

on 2/12/2003 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this Transparent compact hoping to absorb oil throughout the day without adding color. While it does help reduce shininess, I find it to be a little on the powdery side and it does, in fact, deposit color- a very pale color! It can make me look pretty chalky. The compact itself is beautiful and the mirror is great but as others have pointed out, the sponge sits against the mirror so it is always dirty. Considering the price, I can't say I recommend it.

on 2/9/2003 11:02:00 AM

I used this for touching up during the day. It tends to look powdery, so you have to be careful to not overdo it. The puff that comes in the compact is like a sponge but there isn't a seperate compartment for it so the mirror gets all smudged up. Although the mirror in the compact is nice and wide.

I ended up giving this to my mother b/c the scent was too strong and bothered me too much. I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be, but it wouldn't fade away, and made me want to sneeze. But I have a friend that liked the scent so I guess it might just be me.

Gorgeous compact. Really nice texture. The texture is sliky and smooth and the powder goes on very naturally. Love this.