October 1, 2014 | 1925 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal1986

This review is for the black jar (tinglexfoliating mask).
Price: borderline ridiculously expensive for a brand that just appeared out of nowhere, but a little goes a very long way and I only plan to use this twice a month at most to avoid over exfoliating, especially if you use a clarisonic or a daily/weekly scrub

Packaging: box way too big for the size of the jar, even full size, packaged like a perfume bottle with plastic wrapping the box and inner carton to support the bottle so it doesn't move around in the humongous box.

Smell: i actually like it... Kinda like a muddy fragrant green tea

Texture: very grainy.. Wouldn't "scrub" it on my face. Just "slide" it on with fingers and wipe it of gently to avoid irritating skin.

Skin reaction: i have combo skin at the moment and when i applied this at the end of the day (which means it should be at its oiliest time) it stung like a dang hornet! I was kinda shocked coz i had never experienced such a strong reaction to any skin care product coz my skin is usually kinda tough.. It is definitely NOT a mere "tingle" BUUUUUTTTT after i washed it off... Holy canoli baby bum soft skin!!! Morning after, my skin looked sooooo clear and radiant.. Even my colleague noticed that the nasty black heads on my nose were gone!

Overall: by far THE best mask I've ever tried in my life! Wouldn't recommend it for peeps with dry or sensitive skin though.. They should put that on the box! try a sample first if you can, and see how your skin reacts to the formula coz this is some potent stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by katarinapierce

Awesome face mask- reduces redness and makes my skin glow. However I can tell why some people may not like it-it exfoliates like no tomorrow, may be harsh on certain skin types. Sensitive skin or damanged skin must avoid this product.
On my way searching for a better substitute as it is ridiculously expensive. Will buy it again and use it sparingly :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Laski

After having heard and read about this product now for many months, I caved in and bought the trial size, which is only 0,5oz and still costs 20Euro - very pricey stuff, but I hoped it would be worth it. In my humble opinion, it´s not. It´s just very, very gritty stuff with big old tea-leaves in there, which constantly fall off my face, which is annoying. And I highly doubt, that they have much of an effect, as sparse as they are distributed in there (thank god on the other hand that there aren´t more in there, like I said, they just tend to drop off after some minutes). The whole mask feels a lot like "Coalface" by Lush - same extremely gritty texture, dries on the skin like any ordinary claymask, leaving it feeling kind of clean but also quite tight and parched after rinsing. Even though the tingling effect is bearable and my sensitive skin surprisingly wasn´t red at all after rinsing, the peeling-effect just feels way too harsh for my taste. I´m not impressed, and won´t buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by bluebutterfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so for 69$ @ Sephora, I was very skeptical about buying this mask, but I ran into a really good SA who gave me a sample of the Black exfoliating mask, and then she gave me another sample of a similar mask (forgot the name) but much cheaper. So I'm thinking, "Seriously, how good can this mask be?" Well, let me tell you, this mask made my skin look phenomenal. Smooth, firm, glowing. I was really surprised because there's soooo much hype around this mask. And then I tried the much cheaper, similar mask and I could definitely tell the difference. The Glamglow Black exfoliating mask works for me. It really does live up to the hype, so I went out and bought a full-size jar. Call me crazy, but if a product really works, I'll shell out the big bucks. But you have to prove it to me first. That being said, get a sample first because it seems like for some people this mask works great, and for others, not so much. There definitely was tingling/burning sensation when I put it on, but it quickly went away. But I definitely think this mask is at last worth a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ItsJustMeET

Super mud clearing mask. Week Three & I still don't feel great about this purchase. I have numerous large pimples & tons of smaller ones. More than usual. I am so frustrated. But I am going to give it one more week. I will update my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LegitElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was at Sephora a few days ago when I came across a section in the skincare part of Sephora that held their new or most popular face masks. While they all looked interesting for their own reasons, there were two that intrigued me the most: The GLAMGLOW masks. When I spoke to a sales associate, she explained the difference of them with this sentence: "The white mask is deep cleaning, but the other one is super deep cleaning!" So I decided to purchase the mask in the black jar. After all, I knew that if it reacted badly to my skin, I would be able to return it and buy the mask in the white jar.
So Saturday night rolled around, and I decided to give it a shot. I cleansed my face with my MAC Lightful Marine Bright Cleanser, and made sure my face was dry before I began to apply the mask onto my face.
At first, my face did not like this product. My face stung quite a bit, and I contemplated washing it off and calling the idea off. But I decided to stick with it, and I told myself that I would stop if it hurt even more. Luckily, once the mask was applied completely, my skin felt fine. I left the mask on for exactly ten minutes before washing it off. Like the box said, I made circular motions with my hands while rinsing my face to let the mask work to its full potential.
After drying off my face, I was surprised by how soft my skin felt even before I applied moisturizer! My skin is relatively normal and isn't really dry right now, but my skin definitely loved this mask! After I applied my moisturizer, my skin felt even softer. It was a huge yet pleasent surprise! I now plan on making it a part of my skin care routine once a week.
The little bits and pieces of product actually don't bother me all that much. I think they serve a good purpose, and I can tolerate them. The smell isn't pretty, but it's a mud mask for God's sake. Besides, it smells better than the GLAMGLOW mask in the white jar (I smelled it when I was in Sephora).
I think if you have sensitive skin, I would not recommend it because I think it might be too harsh. However, I think those with oily skin would love this product because it really gets all the dirt and gunk out of your skin. Sure it's pricey, but I don't mind one bit! It's definitely my "Holy Grail" face mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by branza

I got the small exfoliating sampler at a whopping $19 at Sephora. It worked ok! The tingling was at first extreme and then subsided. The consistency was bizarre due to the presence of leaves or twigs or something in it. It smelled like ... Something. Licorice? Not my fave. I didn't get the crazy good results that some people claim and definitely not anything like the photos you see online, but maybe that's because I do masks a couple times a month. This didn't work any better than the Aztec mud mask I normally use, and for a full size at literally TEN TIMES the cost, it's 100% not worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jubilee101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mask itself is probably one of the best masks I've ever used. I have oily dehydrated skin. I've suffered from breakouts over the past few years and have always resorted to using acne products to dry my skin out to no avail. I recently started using more hydrating products and my skin has cleared up with fewer breakouts. This mask has given me noticeable results. I use a thin layer 2x per week and I immediately notice that my skin is more refined, pores are reduced, breakouts have decreased and my skin feels smooth and phenomenal. I love it!
The price is kind of outrageous - but I will continue to buy it based on the results and I can make it last. You don't need to use a lot to cover your face with a thin layer. The important thing is to know not to rub the mask in otherwise the tea leaves will start to rub the mask off. Just smooth a thin layer over your face and it will start to dry quickly. The tingling sensation is probably the most intense that I've experienced in any product I've used, but it doesn't last long and it was bearable for me. I did notice that when the mask is drying you can literally see the gunk coming out of your pores. It's kind of cool.
As for the packaging - seriously who cares if it's cute? If you're spending the money and want to see results just worry about the product and less about how cute you feel holding the box, no? Just keeping it real.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Sephora. I had been wanting to try this for a long time but could not commit to buying a $69 product only for it to not be effective. It was ok, but to be honest I've tried cheaper products that do just as good of a job. Thank goodness I didn't buy the full size because I would have been disappointed. It does give a somewhat intense tingle but I was ok with it since I've used many exfoliating products in the past. Will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Madysen08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered the Super Mud Clearing Treatment off of Amazon which is the way to do it because it's much cheaper. I really love this mask. I try to do it twice a week and if definitely helps pull the gunk out of my face. The first time I used it, it brought all the dirt and crap from my pores out which meant I did have a lot of pimples and white heads but that's what it claims to do is pull out what's in your pores. So I was prepared for that. However, over the course of about 2 weeks of using it and spot treating with it, I noticed a significant improvement in my skin and pore size and far less breakouts. So as long as you prepare yourself for the initial breakout after the first few masks, then you'll fall in love. I think it's worth the money but I also got it for $37 on Amazon.