November 26, 2014 | 1302 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Couple of ground rules: I almost always use more than one mascara at a time, and I almost always don't rebuy because I try soooo many. However, I keep receipts and try them right away and will return if I hate it. I require massive dark voluminous lashes. Mediocre won't do it, unless I'm having a really dressed down day (or go with no makeup, but if I'm going for it, I'm going to go big).

So for this. I didn't return it, I do like it, I use it with Lash Blast Fusion and it makes a decent big lash. I don't really love the bottle because when it gets drier and harder to open it's an annoying triangle. I also was wondering if Million Lashes was better. They seem to be identical from review and pictures but I still might pick it up.

L'oreal is funny, because some stuff I love love love from them, often mascara, but some they have are eh. This is pretty decent, so though I probably won't rebuy, it's worth checking out. Always keep receipts. And google pictures first ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by dee3866

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have gotten 3 eye infections within 2 weeks of using this, the last sent me to the doctor. The cause??? the fibers in this product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This makes my very long but fine lashes look like I have 5 spider legs. It also doesn't hold curl real well. It might work for someone with thick lashes. I love the packaging but that doesn't matter to me if the product itself doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I bought it in the brown color. I am very fair with brown eyes/blonde hair. I prefer dramatic lashes so this can definitely do that with several coats. People at work always ask me how I get my lashes so long, but I suppose I was blessed with nice lashes. Anyway, I curl my lashes 3-4 times so it will hold a curl, then I apply MAC's Prep & Prime lash primer (2 coats). When the lashes get a bit tacky, then I apply this mascara. Typically I use 4-5 coats and it does not look clumpy or spidery. I always follow the final coat with an eyelash comb so that they are not clumpy. This mascara holds the curl and does not flake one bit. The gold packaging is cute and the brush is long so you can reach pretty much every lash. I like that the formula is not too wet and not too dry. Definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Okay so this mascara is not bad, its actually a great formula. HOWEVER i don't like the brush, hence I will not be buying it again. I prefer softer bristles on the brush, and this one has thick pokey ones. I use mascara for volume not length so this is actually not bad. *Tip: just use a eye brow comb to remove clumps*
this mascara gives really good length too!

I love the packaging its cute

*Replace the brush L'oreal

Update: I think this mascara is so far my HG if the brush was softer I would buy 100 backups. I have reallyyyyy long lashes, and I don't use mascara for length, but for volume. This gives me the thickest looking lashes with length, Tight line your upper waterline and you can only imagine how sexy your eyes will look.

If you need any tips and tricks just mail me =)
ANYTHING MAKEUP or HAIR related I will help =)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After using it for a while here is my takeaway. This stuff is kind of weird I think because it has fibers. It has a sparse dry feel. When I first got it it was great but it seemed to dry out fast and leave me with uneven lashes. When it is new and you work with it using a lot of time and strokes you can get giant lashes. All in all I think that because it is like extensions in a tube it will work well when you layer it with a normal volumizing mascara. I combined this with loreal million lashes and my lashes were huge and beautiful. But when you use it alone it seems to lack something. I think it is good to dramatize a volumizing mascara for a real fake lash effect but when used alone needs a lot of work skill and patience.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jhodi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was disappointing. I like original Voluminous and I thought this would be a bonus with fibres included but I was wrong. No added oomph here! It was messy, clumpy and smelly. I felt like it did nothing for my eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara has a very sticky formula and clumps your lashes. It dries really quickly, so layering is very hard. It also dried very quickly in the package and I ended up throwing it out much earlier than other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lashesandlace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent mascara. It lengthens ok, it gets a little too dry, too fast and it can get clumpy and spidery if you're not careful. This gives me my least favorite look out of all the voluminous mascaras, but it's probably the only one I'll keep using as the rest all smudge or flake horribly on me. This one will flake a small amount, after many hours of wear, it's not a big deal to me. The last time I wore this I was asked twice if I was wearing false lashes, and I saw about 10 people total. That is a big thing for me, because my eyelashes are in the worst shape ever. I have a thyroid issue, which causes me to lose hair (lashes and brows included) and it also makes them thin and brittle (eyelash breakage isn't pretty). All that and I still get asked if I'm wearing false lashes? A win for me.

I'm not the biggest fan of the short prickly plastic bristle brush, but it's workable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by adz323

I reviewed this a while back and I'm here to say that I'm STILL using this. I have repurchased it several times already and I cannot even tell you how many compliments I get on my lashes. People think I'm wearing fake ones. I guess that's partially because I have really long lashes already but this just makes them that much more full and noticeable. I still love it and I like that it's a bit dry. Some people hate it but I actually hate wet mascaras. They feel too heavy and don't allow the lashes to keep a curl. But omg. This is seriously my all time favorite. Just some foundation, eyebrow powder, and this is all I need. I love it