December 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is another great drugstore mascara (surprised by all the negative reviews). It lengthens and thickens without flaking or smudging. If I wasn't hooked on department store mascara this would be a mainstay in my makeup kit!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Scoutridge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst L'Oreal mascara product I have ever bought.

The wand is odd and akward to use. I had trouble keeping the skin around my eyes from getting smeared as I applied it to my lashes.

The mascara itself had an unpleasant odor and a dry, crumbly texture. My first attempt left me looking as if I was channeling Tammy Faye Bakker. There wasn't a second. This was a rare disappointment from L'Oreal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Couple of ground rules: I almost always use more than one mascara at a time, and I almost always don't rebuy because I try soooo many. However, I keep receipts and try them right away and will return if I hate it. I require massive dark voluminous lashes. Mediocre won't do it, unless I'm having a really dressed down day (or go with no makeup, but if I'm going for it, I'm going to go big).

So for this. I didn't return it, I do like it, I use it with Lash Blast Fusion and it makes a decent big lash. I don't really love the bottle because when it gets drier and harder to open it's an annoying triangle. I also was wondering if Million Lashes was better. They seem to be identical from review and pictures but I still might pick it up.

L'oreal is funny, because some stuff I love love love from them, often mascara, but some they have are eh. This is pretty decent, so though I probably won't rebuy, it's worth checking out. Always keep receipts. And google pictures first ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by dee3866

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have gotten 3 eye infections within 2 weeks of using this, the last sent me to the doctor. The cause??? the fibers in this product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This makes my very long but fine lashes look like I have 5 spider legs. It also doesn't hold curl real well. It might work for someone with thick lashes. I love the packaging but that doesn't matter to me if the product itself doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I bought it in the brown color. I am very fair with brown eyes/blonde hair. I prefer dramatic lashes so this can definitely do that with several coats. People at work always ask me how I get my lashes so long, but I suppose I was blessed with nice lashes. Anyway, I curl my lashes 3-4 times so it will hold a curl, then I apply MAC's Prep & Prime lash primer (2 coats). When the lashes get a bit tacky, then I apply this mascara. Typically I use 4-5 coats and it does not look clumpy or spidery. I always follow the final coat with an eyelash comb so that they are not clumpy. This mascara holds the curl and does not flake one bit. The gold packaging is cute and the brush is long so you can reach pretty much every lash. I like that the formula is not too wet and not too dry. Definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Okay so this mascara is not bad, its actually a great formula. HOWEVER i don't like the brush, hence I will not be buying it again. I prefer softer bristles on the brush, and this one has thick pokey ones. I use mascara for volume not length so this is actually not bad. *Tip: just use a eye brow comb to remove clumps*
this mascara gives really good length too!

I love the packaging its cute

*Replace the brush L'oreal

Update: I think this mascara is so far my HG if the brush was softer I would buy 100 backups. I have reallyyyyy long lashes, and I don't use mascara for length, but for volume. This gives me the thickest looking lashes with length, Tight line your upper waterline and you can only imagine how sexy your eyes will look.

If you need any tips and tricks just mail me =)
ANYTHING MAKEUP or HAIR related I will help =)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After using it for a while here is my takeaway. This stuff is kind of weird I think because it has fibers. It has a sparse dry feel. When I first got it it was great but it seemed to dry out fast and leave me with uneven lashes. When it is new and you work with it using a lot of time and strokes you can get giant lashes. All in all I think that because it is like extensions in a tube it will work well when you layer it with a normal volumizing mascara. I combined this with loreal million lashes and my lashes were huge and beautiful. But when you use it alone it seems to lack something. I think it is good to dramatize a volumizing mascara for a real fake lash effect but when used alone needs a lot of work skill and patience.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jhodi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was disappointing. I like original Voluminous and I thought this would be a bonus with fibres included but I was wrong. No added oomph here! It was messy, clumpy and smelly. I felt like it did nothing for my eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara has a very sticky formula and clumps your lashes. It dries really quickly, so layering is very hard. It also dried very quickly in the package and I ended up throwing it out much earlier than other products.