April 16, 2014 | 1904 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by sljr16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I reaaally wanted to like this foundation. I've used lots of other Chanel products before but this was the first time I've tried one of their liquid foundations. I got a sample first which lasted about 4 days and all was going well so I went ahead and bought the full size - big mistake. After using this for about 3 weeks now my skin has broken out so badly with both cysts and lots of tiny bumps under the skin. It's horrible!

I have sensitive acne prone skin which happened to be pretty clear when I started using this - so you can imagine my frustration! Although the label claims it to be non-comodogenic and oil-free this clogged up my skin terribly.

Okay so moving on from the fact this gave me the worst break out I've had in years... The actual consistency is good, it blends easily and leaves my skin feeling silky soft and looking smooth and it sets quickly. It does transfer onto clothes quite easily though which is annoying. The coverage is buildable but still has a natural, matte finish. By the end of the day the colour has oxidised a little but nothing major, and I did find my skin was getting oily by the end of the day which is weird for me because normally my skin is quite dry, but this is nothing a quick blot with some blotting paper can't fix so no dramas there.

Overall I'm really disappointed that this product has ruined my skin because I wanted to like it! But I'll be returning it and continuing to search for the perfect foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by sarah1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by saying this is possibly the worst foundation I have ever tried!!

I have combination/oily skin. My face gets oily in the T-section mostly, but I wouldn't say that I am EXTREMELY oily. When wearing this foundation however, after a mere one hour, my face turned into a complete oil slick. It looked disgusting. Never have I had anything like this happen before. First off, it is a NIGHTMARE to blend onto the face (applying with fingers OR a brush). Secondly, the woman who sold me this foundation claimed that it was 'mattifying,' 'oil-free' and their best mattifying/oil-controlling foundation. She assured me it would not get oily. While when first applied it has a very nice natural and illuminating finish, it just does not last. I was literally having to go and touch up my make-up ever hour and as such, my face just ended up looking like a complete mess by the end of the day. What I don't understand though, is how on earth this foundation managed to turn so oily on my face when my skin isn't nearly near that oily!!

Perhaps this foundation would work nicely for someone with dry skin, however I would not recommend this to someone with combo/oily skin. Having said this, it really is terrible to blend so I probably wouldn't even recommend it to anyone in all honesty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I am really liking this product. It stays on great, and it looks very natural. I can also put it on my under eye area, and it doesn't get in my fine lines!
Well done, Chanel!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Stonebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging/Price:

It comes in a sturdy, frosted glass bottle with a pump. One squirt is quite conservative which I like, because it means there will be minimal waste. The price is around $56-$60 and older reviews I watched state that a bottle lasts about a year to 18 months.

The Formula is:

Lightweight and blends like a dream. The way it plays with light to mask your imperfections is something I’ve only seen from this foundation and it’s glorious. I have hyper-pigmentation, which is lots of little brown dots scattered about my face, and with one pump you can still see them but not nearly enough for me to feel like it hasn’t done its job as a foundation. In fact I kind of like that I don’t feel like I’m wearing a mask. Alternatively, I can build coverage for a more flawless look without an issue.

What you may need to know is this foundation smells like roses… literally. And the scent lasts for quite a while after application. I actually don’t consider this a caveat as the fragrance didn’t aggravate my sensitive skin, but maybe you would. Try it out and see what you think.

Application:

I have applied this foundation with my fingers, a stippling brush and a flat foundation brush. All seemed to do a great job of an even, well blended application. I wouldn’t recommend using more than two full pumps because oxidation becomes an issue and the dewey glow turns into a slightly sweaty look. Not my favorite look in the world. Trust the Chanel: one or two pumps is enough.

How I applied it:

I use a stippling technique.

Texture/Finish:

Dewey, pearlescent, light, semi-matte; transfers much less than any foundation I’ve used before. I used MAC Skinfinish to set it and it definitely changed the finish into something extremely ordinary and created lots of transfer… just something to thing about.

Without setting powder it usually lasts about 5 hours before I need to touch up.

Pigmentation/Color Range:

Women of color know the struggle of obtaining high end foundation in colors that address our unique undertones and wide range of shades. This is an issue I think Chanel has (finally!) addressed comprehensively.

There are about 20 shades with neutral/beige, Ambre/Warm, and Rosy Beige undertones. My color matches my undertones perfectly: not too nuetral and not too orangey – even after oxidation.

Bottom Line:

I love it! I would suggest this foundation to anyone:

with oily skin
who prefers semi-matte/almost dewey finishes
likes light to medium coverage
hates the “feeling” of makeup on their skin
is willing to pay for high-end cosmetics
Similarly textured formulations at a cheaper price:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ewhitelaw

I can't beleive I haven't reviewed this before! I've been wearing it now for a couple of years and won't use any other foundation!

My skin is naturally dry and irritable/sensitive. I have dark circles under my eyes and the occasional red spot.

I find that this foundation covers all of my imperfections without making my face look cakey at all. If i want to cover something up, rather than using concealer I just dab a second coat of this on the spot and it disappears. It's great for using under my eyes because it doesn't settle into fine lines or anything.

I love that this foundation manages to make my face look like it's glowing without being shiney or dewey at all. It also lasts all day without a primer which is awesome. If I'm heading to more humid climates I either use my Hourglass primer or chaffing cream (it genuinely works, but careful if you're got sensitive skin!) and that will keep it in place for 12+ hours.

Finally, my favourite thing about this foundation is that I get a compliment on how nice my skin is at least once a week - and that, to me, makes the price tag totally worthwhile!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by kimma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fairly dry skin most of the time, and find I only get a little bit oily at work (in a restaurant), and don't need a powder to control oil or shine (I use a light dusting to set make up). I love this foundation and find that as long as I use a moisturising primer underneath, I don't get any dry patches with this foundation. It lasts all day with a primer, looks really natural and feels great on the skin. I like a more medium coverage look and usually use two small pumps to cover my face, and mostly use the Real Techniques buffing brush or the Sigma F80 flat top. I have been using it for about 4 months now, haven't run out yet.

The best thing for me about this foundation is the colour. I have neutral undertones and have a LOT of trouble with the MAC foundations (too yellow or pink) and most drugstore foundations (same reason), and am very happy with how neutral the colour is. B20 is a really good match for me, and I don't find it oxidises on me at all, despite living in the tropics (Australia) as well as wearing most days for 8+ hours. It's also worth mentioning that my skin is quite good, I suffer from the odd pimple but am not acne prone, and do not have large pores, so this may contribute to the longevity and the way this looks on my skin.

Overall, as happy as I can be with this foundation, and will be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this foundation,as so many failed to work with my oily skin. The only foundation that came close was estee lauder dw. The foundation in its lightest shade is still to dark for me and it oxidizes. After 3 hours my face was yellow and the foundation started coming off. I definitly do not recommend this to anyone with an oily skin. The smell gets to you as well. And the foundation has no staying power. My search for a great foundation continues.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Hate it !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation with my 55N brush from MUFE and so far looked good on me.. I feel this foundation is only good for those with already flawless skin.. so this is my 'good face ' days foundation.. love the light scent.. bought it for $80 so have to love it, lol!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by nadyastwt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I DO LOVE this product. I'm an NC 40 and i use this foundation in beige 4.0. I also have an oily combination skin, and this foundation does a really good job in making my skin matte in at least 6 hours, and after that i just need a little bit of touch up around my nose area which tends to get more oily than the other part of my face!

This foundation makes my skin look flawless and it also covers up my large pores. The fragrance is also the other thing that i really love from this product. The flowery scent smells fresh and it lasts really really long. I was quite surprised at first, that i can still smell the fragrance by the time i wanted to wipe off all my make up at the end of the night.

The other plus thing about this foundation is the packaging is really tough. I dropped it once to my bathroom tile, and i didn't see anything that can make this glass packaging break or something. So this really wowed me.

Overall this is a very good foundation although its a bit pricey, but i still think the quality of this foundation is still worth the price. I definitely would repurchase this foundation!