Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 9/23/2012 9:34:00 AM

I got talked into this after going to buy superbalanced powder makeup. The superbalanced range has big steps between it's colour matches and I must be somewhere between a 5 and a 6. I was hugely disappointed and was about to leave without buying or looking at anything else when the MUA recommended this to even out my tone and wear the powder makeup over it. It kind of defeated the purpose of just having one product to do all the coverage but not wanting to be rude, I let the lady try it out on me. I was quite impressed at the counter and even more so when I felt it stay put all day. I went back the next day and bought it and have worn it a few times since.

I do like the product - it does even out skin tone and acts as a fairly good primer too but it doesn't cover up blemishes very well. If I'm not wearing makeup, then I'd rather just have a good oil free moisturiser on all day but if I am making the effort, then this is not what I would choose for half decent coverage. Unfortunately, I do need it to lighten the tone of the powder make up I bought in 6 which would have looked a lot better in summer but as we go shuttling into autumn, it looks a little like I had an accident with bronzer or fake tan.

I think this is probably more suited for those with very very few blemishes, for a refinishing effect like reducing appearances of pores and maybe as a mattifying primer for those who aren't too oily. Other than that I'm sure there's better products out there.

on 9/22/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product. I have tried bb creams by Garnier, Loreal, Maybelline, Boscia, Too Faced and Dr. Jart. I love the clinique the best. Good coverage, not too dewy and no scent to the product. Not worried about breaking out since Clinique is so great with their skin care.

on 8/26/2012 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This bb cream was ok. I had the #3 sample which lasted about 2 months which wasn't too bad. I feel that it covered basic redness and at least lightened my acne scars and for the most part controlled the oil with the exception that I was on it with my acne products because without acne products in my routine it didnt last long. In hot weather this is horrible. I dont know how to explain it it just made my pores look weird and oily. This worked pretty good in nothing over 80 degrees. This is good for days when you dont want to wear too much make-up. As far as anti-aging qualities I didn't notice too much but then again I'm 22 so I dont know. Its an ok product but I'm still going back and forth if it's worth the $40. Maybe I'll try to just get another sample

on 8/12/2012 3:59:00 AM

disastrous on dry skin - sucked all the moisture out and made it flake, even w. both moisturiser and Bobbi Brown makeup base underneath. Should have got the BB bb :)

update: biggest problem might have been my weird post-partum skin. still need to put tons of Bobbi B makeup base under this, but I love the flawless effect, and the high SPF. Revise up to four lippies.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sh*t is the bomb! It covers my crater pores, evens out my grotesque skintone, and comes in a shade light enough for vampires like me.

That being said, you have to have fairly good skin in order to wear this (but that's with any BB cream)

I love that it has antioxidant protection plus the SPF so I can be even more vampiric!

It gets one lippie off because my redness shows through after about 6 hours, but that's pretty good for a BB.

on 8/8/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm disappointed in this product. It provides little color and no moisturizing that I can tell. It does not mattify. I'm not really sure what it is doing, because it does none of the things that it promises to do. About the only nice thing that it does is not set off my very sensitive skin. Also, as far as I can tell, it is not breaking me out. But at this price point, I expect a little more than that. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really like this for everyday wear. It's easy to apply before work and sets wonderfully with powder. At my job I sweat and am hustling around a lot (never mind the long hours) and this bb cream does not budge! I was so impressed.

Shade 1 works well on my super fair skin. I was expecting the coverage to be like a tinted moisturizer but it's not. It covers my redness and minor blemishes. It also has a really nice, natural finish. It does however really need to be set with powder. I made that mistake the first time I wore it and my skin felt slick and super greasy all day. Powder solves all of those problems, it's 100% necessary.

on 8/2/2012 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Works wonderfully for me

on 8/2/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

As BB creams are trending, me and my mom decided to try out a few. We got the Maybelline one, the L'Oreal UV Perfect one and this one from Clinique. I must warn you to use VERY sparingly as pea size can be a bit too white on your face (at least mine) due to the SPF. I didn't quite like it as it does not photograph well, and even in day light it casts a greyish tone on my face and gives the illusion that I am either sick or dying, lol. However, I liked that it was very oil controlling and delicate to the skin. I have sensitive skin and I would immediately breakout if it's too fragrant. I guess maybe I ought to give it another shot and work with bronzers or blush, but I am hoping that BB creams would quickly come with a broader selection of color to match skin tones of all ethnicity. :|

on 7/30/2012 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I've been on a BB cream kick but have been skeptical to buy any high end ones since I can't find out to work with my oily skin. It was between this and the Estee Lauder version and this won out since it was in stock that day. The SA told me that this actually controls oil and I got this is in shade 3 (there's only 3 I'm NC42) and she said it looks to light but will blend with my skin tone. I was convinced since all drugstore BB creams I've tried have blended really well with my skin. It was a no go the first day but I was in denial since I shelled out almost $40 bucks for this. First off I was absolutely white as a ghost, used RT buffing brush and Beauty Blender and this sat on top of my skin and I even overdosed on bronzer but still felt my skin looked stark white. As for the coverage, it's very sheer, it has an SPF of 40 which I love but has a very strong sunscreen smell, it eventually tones down. For longevity, I was so oily after about 3 hours, but the coverage didn't disappear. So I figured like the others I could keep this as a primer. I've had this for 2 mos and I've tried this as a primer under all my foundations and nope no help at all, I'm just as oily if not worse. This got returned yesterday,