November 27, 2014 | 1221 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by FlavoredTampon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This sh*t is the bomb! It covers my crater pores, evens out my grotesque skintone, and comes in a shade light enough for vampires like me.

That being said, you have to have fairly good skin in order to wear this (but that's with any BB cream)

I love that it has antioxidant protection plus the SPF so I can be even more vampiric!

It gets one lippie off because my redness shows through after about 6 hours, but that's pretty good for a BB.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm disappointed in this product. It provides little color and no moisturizing that I can tell. It does not mattify. I'm not really sure what it is doing, because it does none of the things that it promises to do. About the only nice thing that it does is not set off my very sensitive skin. Also, as far as I can tell, it is not breaking me out. But at this price point, I expect a little more than that. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this for everyday wear. It's easy to apply before work and sets wonderfully with powder. At my job I sweat and am hustling around a lot (never mind the long hours) and this bb cream does not budge! I was so impressed.

Shade 1 works well on my super fair skin. I was expecting the coverage to be like a tinted moisturizer but it's not. It covers my redness and minor blemishes. It also has a really nice, natural finish. It does however really need to be set with powder. I made that mistake the first time I wore it and my skin felt slick and super greasy all day. Powder solves all of those problems, it's 100% necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ichbinanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works wonderfully for me

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

As BB creams are trending, me and my mom decided to try out a few. We got the Maybelline one, the L'Oreal UV Perfect one and this one from Clinique. I must warn you to use VERY sparingly as pea size can be a bit too white on your face (at least mine) due to the SPF. I didn't quite like it as it does not photograph well, and even in day light it casts a greyish tone on my face and gives the illusion that I am either sick or dying, lol. However, I liked that it was very oil controlling and delicate to the skin. I have sensitive skin and I would immediately breakout if it's too fragrant. I guess maybe I ought to give it another shot and work with bronzers or blush, but I am hoping that BB creams would quickly come with a broader selection of color to match skin tones of all ethnicity. :|

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on a BB cream kick but have been skeptical to buy any high end ones since I can't find out to work with my oily skin. It was between this and the Estee Lauder version and this won out since it was in stock that day. The SA told me that this actually controls oil and I got this is in shade 3 (there's only 3 I'm NC42) and she said it looks to light but will blend with my skin tone. I was convinced since all drugstore BB creams I've tried have blended really well with my skin. It was a no go the first day but I was in denial since I shelled out almost $40 bucks for this. First off I was absolutely white as a ghost, used RT buffing brush and Beauty Blender and this sat on top of my skin and I even overdosed on bronzer but still felt my skin looked stark white. As for the coverage, it's very sheer, it has an SPF of 40 which I love but has a very strong sunscreen smell, it eventually tones down. For longevity, I was so oily after about 3 hours, but the coverage didn't disappear. So I figured like the others I could keep this as a primer. I've had this for 2 mos and I've tried this as a primer under all my foundations and nope no help at all, I'm just as oily if not worse. This got returned yesterday,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I'm Asian w yellow undertones. Light-med. nc30.
I got a sample in shade 2. Pros: great coverage-light to medium- looks natural and feels good and long wearing. Con: as w all Clinique face makeup, it's too pink and has a grayish cast that makes me looks a bit sick in certain lighting. I've read online that a lot of BB creams have a slight grey tone.
I normally wear Bobbi Brown face makeup because it has the perfect amount of yellow undertones. I got her BB cream online at Nordstrom in Medium and it's awesome! Great coverage, long wearing and no pink/grey tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by conniechangg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot because it minimizes my blemishes and redness. It evens out my skin complexion and as everyone said ... Pea size amount is good enough for the entire face. However, I like to mix my bb cream with my moisturizer to give a more creamier texture .. It also has SPF to prevent aging and the shade is perfect for my color cause usually most foundations never match me 100%. Also I received compliments saying my face glows :) One thing that worries me is that I heard anti-aging products have a reverse effect on younger skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lreed89

My skin definitely isn't good enough to wear this alone, but I'm told it can be worn alone or as a primer. I use it as a primer, and I really like it. The smell isn't so good, but it fades quickly. I like the consistency - no greasy feeling! It helps my make-up last all day and adds a little bit of coverage to my blemishes. And a little goes a LONG way! I only use about a pea size for my whole face, let it dry for about a minute, then apply my foundation. Expensive, but good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Filledelavanille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

Being a 'ginger', it's always hard to find a product that evens out my skintone without hiding my freckles too much. So, when I was at an airport in London, I decided to try this BB-cream, as it is only available in the Clinique webshop in the Netherlands.
I love this stuff! I bought shade no 1, and it works great with my skin tone and freckles. It looks really natural and healthy. I like the creamy consistency, as my skin is about as dry as the Kalahari desert.

I use it after the Clinique 3-step programme, as Clinique intended. I can imagine some people experience problems if they use different cleansers and moisturisers previous to applying the BB cream, as the chemicals may react with each other in a different way: the BB-cream is non-comedogenic, but that doesn't mean it won't interact with your other products and form some components that will cause acne.

I also love the fact that it has SPF30. This makes my vampire-like-sun-fearing life a lot easier.

If I need a bit more coverage, or when I'm going out, I use it with a bit of my Lancôme teint miracle foundation and a little dust of mineral powder on my T-zone. At least 10 hours of natural looking, glowing perfection!

I don't think it's too expensive: Clinique always lives up to its promises.