April 18, 2014 | 930 users online

Cleansers - Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by everafter05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Cetaphil Cleanser for the past 11 years, but the fact that it's animal-tested was always on my mind. I've tried a few other cleansers, but nothing was as mild yet as effective as Cetaphil.

While in Trader Joe's I spotted their new product and thought I'd give it a try. I'm completely amazed by it! I've been using it for ten days now and my skin has never looked better. I have normal skin, maybe a bit on the dry side, but no real complaints. Apparently my skin had become a bit dull - I never realized it, but this cleanser has made my skin glow! I could really see the difference in just a few days, and I never expected that from a cleanser. It gently deep cleans and all the anti-oxidants are working.

The consistency is a thick gel. I wet my face first, then apply the cleansing gel and gently swirl it around on my skin with my fingers for about 30 seconds. I rinse and pat dry, and there is no tightness. It doesn't sting my eyes. It's an amazing product - and it was never tested on animals.

I highly recommend this cleanser as an alternative to any of you who use Cetaphil.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a little-known gem!! I cannot tell you how many cleansers I have tried - I've reviewed nearly 30 here on MUA and that's only a fraction of how many I have tried. I just could not find one that cleaned my face well (my skin gets oily and I am prone to black heads) without dehydrating my skin (my skin gets dehydrated very easily). All cleansers would give a tight feeling after washing, and my skin would just look dull, or I'd get dehydration lines under my eyes and white patches beside my mouth. If a cleanser didn't do that, then usually it meant it didn't clean well at all, so I was left with blocked pores and painful under-the-skin bumps. I was about ready to give up the search!

Then, I saw this in Trader Joe's and thought I'd give it a go - at $5 a bottle (for 8 oz!) I couldn't go wrong. And THIS is what I was looking for!! It is a fragrance free gel cleanser that removes all the residue from oil cleansing, and is a perfect morning cleanser, and it never, ever dries my face out AT ALL! My face is looking hydrated and plump since I started using it 2 weeks ago - no tightness, no white patches - and the skin under my eyes looks years younger! I <3 this and hope they never discontinue it!!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by marylopezmama

I bought this face wash about two weeks ago. It's just ok for me... My face gets a little dry after so thats why I don't like it as much. I'm going to try Boscia, hopefully it works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by hahalalawheee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser I've ever tried. Once, even though I know this is bad, I used this three times in a row on my left cheek to wash off some way-too-whitening sunscreen that I was trying. I wanted to know whether or not this cleanser would dry out my skin at all. It didn't! Besides the Vichy Calming Cleansing Solution (which doesn't foam, so it doesn't really count), this one is the only cleanser I've tried that doesn't ever dry out my skin. It doesn't sting my eyes, so I can safely use it to wash off sunscreen that I put on my eye area.

The feeling I get after washing it off is great! My face feels perfectly clean and healthy.

It's full of anti-aging antioxidants! What more could you ask for!? I don't remember the exact price, but I'm sure it cost less than five dollars.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium PEG-12 Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Panthenol (Vit. B5), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Phytonadione (Vit. K), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Coenzyme Q-10, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Extract, Copper Peptides, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid

The only con is that it comes in a pump bottle. I wish it was packaged in some kind of squirt tube. Since I'll be going to college, I fear that some of the cleanser will squirt out due to being moved within the other stuff I'll take with me to college.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by DebL66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!!! I finally found my perfect facial cleanser. This is a thick fragrance free gel formula that cleans everything off your face including eye makeup and sunscreen, without stripping on stinging your eyes. My skin, which is on the dry side and sometimes sensitive from Retin A use, is left feeling sparkling clean but not dry or tight. Chock full of antioxidants too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No