December 21, 2014 | 1864 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Leah1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a gift..the smell is kinda funky almost sour like, and it left my hair knotty in the shower I had to use other conditioner. Overall, it did nothing for my thick wavy hair, I returned it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

CRAP!!!!!! Beware.....this stuff stinks soooo bad. EEEWWW. I don't see how anyone would like this at ALL!!! Doesn't condition there for it doesn't detangle. Actually tangles your hair more AND it will dry your hair out. GROOOOSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2007 5:14:00 AM More reviews by leafsmother

This is just about the only LUSH product I've used that I genuinely disliked. It claims to be a deep conditioner, but it does nothing for my dry hair. I'm not that moved by the scent, either. It smells watery to me, just like it feels.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by darkashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not like this conditioner. I got a bottle when I made an exchange for Veganese. In the store, the scent of this conditioner didn't smell bad. When I put it on my head in the shower, on the other hand, it was awful! It smelled of smoke, and I am not sure how/why LUSH would bottle that scent. My mom used the conditioner a few times and she didn't smell smoke, but she didn't see any effectiveness in the conditioner though. My hair didn't look bad after using it, but I didn't have any "wow" epiphany that made the smoke scent worth using this conditioner. I am going back to the LUSH store to make another exchange for conditioner. I seem to have no problems with their shampoos, soaps, lotions, etc....just conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by cinnamongrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whenever I happen to think of this product, I am reminded that someone from LUSH is an idiot. Calling this soup a conditioner is like calling Britney a singer. Thin, reeky, do-nothing garbage. Pass.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Stinky, terrible conditioner. Veganese is like 100 times better. Seemed to tangle my hair as I was using it and left it sticky and frizzy-- ugh. Used up the bottle but could never get used to the rotten cigarette smell. Definitely NOT worth the new, expensive Lush prices... their stuff used to be affordable, no more!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Cabintree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yeah. I get the smoker's clothes thing. Esp. since I used to be a smoker. Luckily it goes away almost immediately. I have to say that when it fades it smells really good. (but I wish I could smell it more) That said, my frizzy wavy hair is now really soft and defined. I don't care for the smoky smell or the lack of slip while I am using the product. But the results afterward more than make up for it. It was kind of sneaky! I was ready to take the stuff back but then I was like, wait my hair looks good! And it smells good now! Surprises are kind of nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If there is any hair product I use most of for my dry, curly hair, it's conditioner - LUSH's "Coolaulin" seemed to be the logical choice out of LUSH's lineup for my hair type. "Coolaulin" is a coconut conditioner, but won't smell like the synthetic coconut most of us have been grown to become used to. This conditioner has a smoky, dusty coconut smell which doesn't include the synthetic sweetness. While strong of a smell at first, the smoky and dusty overtones subside after a short while, leaving the hair softly scented with coconuts. The texture of the conditioner is surprisingly thin - which is uncomfortable for thick hair and a little difficult to spread. Otherwise, this is a very good conditioner for dry hair which does it's job better than most and compliments LUSH's coconut scented products well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by hypergrrL22

Ewww, I HATE the smell of this conditioner...sooo smokey and nothing like coconut! It also didn't do anything for my hair---it only made it a tangled mess after I got out of the shower. It also has a very thin consistancy which I think is a little odd for conditioners. I definately wouldn't buy this or recommend this to anybody. I've definately used better (and cheaper!) conditioners.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by twolunarspring

This is wonderful for frizzy/curly-haired folks and it smells divine! However, it's a very rich formula and so not recommended for every day use. I have been using it on/off for years and I've never got bored with it. Warning: you may want to taste it. Don't: I tried it.