Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 2/6/2014 10:15:00 AM

I have only used this product for 4 days now and so far so good, the only thing I'm concerned about is that I broke out within those few days. I'm not sure if it was the product itself or just my skin freaking out to a new product.
With that being said, I do like it. It feels very natural and the color is great. It covers all of my red areas. The only thing I dont like is that it doesn't cover my blemishes all the way and I have to keep layering concealer even after the foundation but overall,its a good product and I would recommend it to someone who has discoloration and someone who wants a natural finish.

on 1/31/2014 10:42:00 PM

Love smashbox even more now that they're cruelty free. I use this foundation everyday, my color is 2.1 which is light with yellow undertones.
I apply this with a buffer brush after I prime with Smashbox photo primer, and I set with Palladio rice powder. I literally only need to touch up my forehead once a day where my bangs are!! Medium to full coverage, and I believe I get less oily with this on. It is hefty for $42 dollars, Comes in a nice glass pump bottle. I use 2 pumps for my whole face, I will say It is a tinsy bit thick, but there is no scent what so ever. I also like that there is SPF in this product.

on 1/24/2014 5:07:00 PM

I actually had this product given to me. I never really wore liquid foundation, but I decided to give this stuff a shot and I am so glad I did. It provides decent coverage. Medium to full, but you can build it up. I find on my skin, it honestly lasts the whole day with no need for touch ups. I use a little concealer for any spots that need coverage and a bit of powder on top and I am good to go for the day! If you are looking for a good foundation, I would highly recommend this product! I will defiantly buy this when my current bottle runs out.

on 1/24/2014 3:40:00 PM

I bought this as a substitute for my MAC face and body. (Which I love, but it makes me breakout all the time) It covers everything and stays put for hours! It also covers redness very well. I recommend it, especially to younger people (like me) who want to cover breakouts and such horrors. Good job smashbox! Tip: use it with any smashbox primer.

on 1/24/2014 2:15:00 AM

Love this ... Was upset about revlon colorstay changing there formula and this stuff obviously is by far much better.. Price is high but it's worth it .

on 1/6/2014 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Wow, I have finally found my HG winter foundation. Last spring I switched to EL Double Wear, and knew that I had found something special. I used it all through the summer with great flawless results and loved every moment of wearing it. As the weather started to change, so did my skin (which tends to get drier in the colder months) and I noticed that the DW started to make me look dry and dull. I was super bummed, and started my hunt for a new foundation.

After doing some research and watching some YouTube videos, I tested Smashbox at Ulta and loved the feel and results I got in the store. I was a little apprehensive though because of the price and how for me things typically appear better in the store than what the results I get at home.

The next day I applied the foundation over my Laura Mercier radiance primer with my Sephora mineral foundation brush and thankfully had a beautiful flawless face! For reference my skin has dark spots and redness as well as some acne scars. In addition to that, I also have some fine lines around my eyes and deeper lines on my forehead. This did not accentuate these flaws in any way, the foundation actually blurred them.

Throughout the day, the foundation holds up on my skin and did not oxidize, which is a huge plus as well. I cannot stand applying foundation, loving it, and then a couple hours later I look like an orange disco ball. I am actually thinking about doing a YouTube review and application (never have done this before) because I actually love the product so much. I am a 2.4 and it is a perfect match for my skin (I continue to keep a slight tan using Fake Bake's flawless tanning liquid twice a week).

Hopefully this review was helpful. I will definitely repurchase when I run out. (Sidenote: I actually dropped my first bottle on my tile floor in my bathroom. The bottom cracked off and left it unusable, I went out that day and purchased a new one. LOL)

on 1/3/2014 7:32:00 PM

This foundation is great!! It doesn't make me oily and it even minimizes my oil. It has light to medium coverage but it's build able without looking cakey. It covers my breakouts when my face acts out too! I love smashbox and I love this foundation:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I recently switched from Mac foundations.. and I will say I haven't been breaking out as much and it has pretty good coverage, its just really thick.. overall I would buy it again!

on 12/27/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I recently just switched to this foundation from Estee Lauder's Doublewear. I want to love it, because the shade (4.2) is absolutely perfect for me, but I just can't seem to. It exaggerates my pores and is extremely hard to blend. I find myself needing 3 pumps just to cover my face. But, I do like the packaging. I absolutely adore foundations with pumps and the bottle is slim enough to fit into my makeup bags with ease. Also, I don't find that the packaging takes up most of the space, which is the case with most high-end foundations.

To me, this foundation gives a medium-full coverage, and I just go over problem spots with a bit more of the foundation on a concealer brush. However, it just sits on my acne, which has been acting up recently, making my pimples look bigger and more noticeable. It doesn't keep my oil at bay as long as Doublewear does, but it still does an alright job.

All in all, I would say that this foundation would be good if you don't suffer from acne or very oily skin. However, I don't think it's worth the money.

EDIT: So I blended this out with my fingers and found that it was much easier to blend! It also gave a more natural coverage, more sheer to medium, and didn't cake up in my pores. It probably needed the warmth to help blend it in properly.

on 12/11/2013 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'd heard this foundation was good because it controlled oil without being drying. Unfortunately, I didn't feel the same way, though I do have dehydrated oily skin.

I got this in 1.2, which was light but didn't seem too far off. I'm NC20-25 and I feel like 1.2 was around NC20. I'm guessing 2.1 would have been a better match but I'm not too sure.

This product has a thin consistency and I feel that the coverage is on the lighter side. I thought it was buildable to an almost medium, but there is nothing full going on here. I have plenty of hyperpigmentation issues and I was surprised to see how poorly this product covered them -- I saw blemishes peeking through even when I layered. I never try to cover everything, as that's impossible, but my usual foundations do a pretty good job of getting most of my problems. This, however, failed in that aspect. I feel like the coverage is better for evening out skin tone more than covering acne scars.

The foundation can look very pretty and natural, but of course, that depends on how much coverage you want to build up. For what I was going for, I didn't look quite as natural as I might have wanted to (probably because I had to build a bit just to get decent coverage of blemishes). The finish did look nice and smooth, and I didn't experience any accentuation of dry patches. At the same time, while this does not feel drying upon initial application, my skin did feel parched and tight after a few minutes. There is no alcohol in the formula but I am finding that there are certainly other ingredients that can lead to these types of issues (I've recently come across 3-4 products like this).

In terms of oil control and lasting power, they were okay but not as good as I would want them to be. I did get oily after a couple of hours and the foundation faded after several hours. I was disappointed to see that the product broke down around my nose and chin area around the time the oil started to break through.

Overall, a miss for me. Worth trying if you don't have too many issues to cover and aren't dehydrated.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941.