August 30, 2014 | 1698 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by antoniacrow

I am seriously NOT over exaggerating when I say I cant count how many times ive bought this product. I would say about 25 times? My eyelashes are something that I get complements on daily, especially ever since i've been using this mascara. (which has been forever) I start off with the regular non waterproof one, couple coats of that and then the waterproof! It literally gives me the effect of fake lashes! Extremely long, thick and full! My own dad still thinks I wear fake lashes. When really i've never even tried :S
I really recommend this product for all you ladies getting frustrated with your old mascaras! This one is super affordable, the formula is quite good and the brush is magnificent after you found a way to work with it. Ive gotten many people hooked on this product when they ask me what my secret to lashes is, I simply say this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by jcimorelli

LOVE this mascara! I'm on my third one because I think it's so great and I hardly ever rebuy products since I always like to try new ones. After two coats of this I really do look like I could be wearing fake eyelashes. It's amazing. BUY THIS PRODUCT NOW!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by jesssssssssssss123

I never write reviews for anything online if I'm honest. But I have found on many websites that this mascara is under rated. I think it is a good mascara however it seems to me a normal mascara/nothing that special. The price is acceptable (7.99) you get what you pay for. I would buy this again but I normally don't purchase waterproof mascara but I need it for this week which is why I saw this and thought I'd give it a try. Overall I believe it's not as bad as people make out. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Shawnette03

Provides volume, downfall makes your lashes clumpy : (

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is only okay. I think it clumps quite easily and doesn't dry very quickly. The wand is nice but I'm not sure why I just don't like the tube. I would buy it again because it's so inexpensive, works well in a pinch and it's better than most other drugstore mascaras, but I think I'm okay with shelling out the big bucks for a higher-end mascara. Not to sound snobish, but those formulas tend to work better for my sparse little lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by katiek2012

I really like the packaging of this mascara. It pretty much does what it says. It stays on and is extremely waterproof. But if you apply too much, there can be really bad clumping. Use sparingly and it's a really good mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by KilluhXCee

this mascara was pretty decent for me. I have pretty short straight asian lashes and because I have a monolid, its really hard for my lashes to be noticed because of the extra skin that folds over my eyelashes.
first off the packaging I found was cute just I'm not a fan of purple, also the wand on this I found was great. Because of its shape and the odd curve it had it made it super easy to get right into those inner corner lashes and made applying mascara to the bottom lashes a absolute breeze.
as for the formula, I really liked it all though I have to say it didn't do anything to really WOW me but it was a great mascara none the less.
would I repurchase? yes. But I'm always looking for the next best thing so I don't think I'ma repurchase anytime soon

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by CaliK

I am comparing this to the original falsies which i was not a fan of...but i do have to admit I like this one a little better. It still doesnt offer the amazing fake lashes that it claims on the package, but it definatley does give you a soft, flared look to your lashes which can look very subtle and pretty when youre trying for that look. I would definatley recomend this to anyone who wants to try a unique mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by NotAfraid2BeMe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is not the best, but it's not the worst either. It's just a mascara. I seriously don't know what all that hype was about. It made my eyelashes clumped together, and I couldn't get an eyelash comb through it. They didn't really lengthen them, either. I wouldn't recomend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an Epic Fail for Maybelline which is sad because they've made some of my favorite mascaras ever (especially the wp formulas), but this is just plain bad with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Ok... maybe the purple and blue tube is attractive and I don't think it flakes but that's all I can say for it. It's bone-dry right out of the tube and we're talking brand new, which causes it to clump like nothing I've ever seen. The brush is useless; it doesn't separate or deposit enough product on your lashes to do anything. I get absolutely NO curl holding at all and that's the ONE thing I buy wp mascara for. And Falsies? Nope; I get no volumized false-lash look with this whatsoever no matter how I apply it. All I get are stick-straight wimpy clumpy-looking lashes that do flare- straight into nothing even after three coats and combing to death hoping something might be gained or at least salvagable but nope. I bought this during a sale to get a Bouncy Blush half off because I didn't want to pay full price for that either but this is just horrible and going straight into the round file as fast as I can chuck it there. Back to Maybelline Colossal, CGLB Volume and L'Oreal False Lash and Carbon Black Voluminous waterproof versions. Any and all of these are ten times better than Falsies Flared ever could hope to be.