October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. I'm reviewing the eraser.Mine looks different than the photo her and it's only for the eyes and much thinner. I couldn't find a category for it. I think this is the right review, because everyone is talking about circles.

For reference, I have really bad dark under eye circles. Heredity. This actually makes them look virtually non-existent. I had given up trying to cover them, because nothing worked. Instead, I just had a ton of weird looking makeup under my eyes, but still could see the circles. Then, I read the reviews here and figured, what do I have to lose? It's not too expensive and I can return it if I want to...

This is amazing. I really hope they never D/C this.

The one thing that worries me is the ingredient, Cyclo...something. I forget how to spell it, but I recognize it as being highly comedogenic. However, since it's just used under my eyes, it may be okay. I'll update if I have problems with breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Got this since I love Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Treatment Make up sooo much. I've never had a problem with dark circles but I have been developing mild puffiness both under and over my eyes. I usually am sensitive to mostly anything I put too close to my eyes.... no burning or irritation with this at all. This did help with the puffiness, and it also helped smooth out my laugh lines and the beginnings of a vertical crepey line on my eyelid... ick :( I also use it to cover a bluish vein that recently has been showing through next to my eyebrow. Funny thing, now I notice this vein thing on even young girls and there I thought it was just another "perk" of life after 40. Seriously I have only positive things to say about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by shoma2k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading about this product on makeup alley, I thought i'd give this product a shot. I've been working in the makeup industry for many years and I really love how this product works. I personally have dark circles, which run in the family, and fine lines as well. I have used many other concealers recently such as MAC Studio Fix Concealer (Too cakey and drying for under eye area), Bobbi Brown Corrector w/ Powder (Can't Complain, but a bit pricey), Maybellines Instant Age Rewind (Okay, Not Too Crazy About It) and Hard Candys Instant Camouflage Concealer (Which Literally Can Hide a Tattoo, but really dry undereye area, though not cakey at all). I bought this in a Medium shade and I absolutely love it. It goes on well, doesn't dry the under eye area, isn't expensive and very affordable, and it puts on and stays on well. For people with intense undereye dark circles, i'd recommend using the neutral shade, let it sit for a minute or so and then add there skin shade concealer, it'll do wonders. Not too crazy about the sponge tip, but I brush in the concealer anyways, use a moist sponge to set it, then brush some translucent powder with a foundation brush and voila! Eyes look refreshed, it isn't drying at all and it doesn't make my fine lines stand out like the other concealers i've tried in the past, except for Bobbi Brown. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with fine lines and dark circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by neeuqeikooc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY wanted to like this because I have heard so many raves from others, but I was very underwhelmed. Maybe a different color would change my mind, but the one I chose had hardly any coverage and was far too thin of a consistancy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this concealer to try. I'll be running out of my Mac Studio Finish soon so I was looking to try new ones. now I don't have bad circles but it's enough for me to notice then. While this concealer does brighten up my under eye area, I feel that it doesnt cover enough. At first I got thus in medium but that was too light for my nc40-42 skin tone,so I went back and got it in Honey, which I think is still a tad too light. All in all it's a good cocealer but not enough coverage for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

The worst of Maybelline's concealers. The formula is too thin for staying power, the colors have no peach for very dark circles, and the applicator is too large and bulky for undereye applying. Their old double rewind and mineral concealers were much better. This would only work for people without serious dark circles or for light skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by totheleft

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have mild dark circles, nothing bad. I purchased this product on the recommendation of a youtube guru.

I like the coverage and the brush- so soft and easy to blend.

But this stuff makes my lower lash line bright red. I guess I'm allergic to something in the product, which is too bad because I really liked it.

I took the brush head off the product and used it with some other concealer...which kind of worked.

Curse my sensitive eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. I first got it in Light and it just blended into my skin so well. loved how thin it was and yet it covered so well. I think I was really rough trying to open it etc and within the first week I had broken the neck of the whole container...so while I had concealer still in the bottle the only way I could access it would be to pull it apart and use my fingers...didn't like doing that so I went and bought a new one. Only problem is I accidentally bought my 2nd one in Fair...a color that is too light for my skin...I will use it but next time I will get my glasses out and make sure to get Light.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of drug store concealers!!! I love this stuff and a little goes a long way. I can click 3 times and use it to conceal both under eye areas. For the next 3 days I'm able to use whatever product is left on the applicator. It's amazing. I imagine this will last me a good two months before buying another. I use the neutralizer shade and it does the trick. It brightens and conceals beautifully. Thanks to Makeup Alley and you tube I've found so many products that are now staples in my bathroom and everyday routine. This website has definitely helped me save money instead of constantly throwing away money trying to find the right product.

I definitely recommend the neutralizing concealer!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is genius! The sponge applicator is the best thing about this product. Using my fingers would only fade the concealer and not really blend it out like I wanted it to.

The sponge applicator paired with the product inside makes this concealer the best DS concealer Ive tried. It's not too moisturzing nor too overly drying. I was slowly giving up hope in finding a good concealer after trying an almost 13$ concealer from Revlon and only to find the coverage fading within 10 mins and creasing within 5 or less actually.

I shrugged at the thought of having to try a highend concealer after being so dissapointed in many DS ones, because I thought for a sec I'd have to...

Although as my last desperate attempt I saw the ad for this on TV and did the whole why the hell not thing and wow... I'm so glad I did!

I adore this concealer. I love putting it on during my makeup routine, the applicator makes it simple & easy and I love to watch with each *click* my dark circles just fade away and my redness on my eyelids as well.

I light handed dust left over face powder from my kabuki brush on my eyelids to set as a primer & not to crease. As for the under eye area it is not too moisturizing (no creasing) and not too overly drying (no cakeyness or flakes). It has a very impressive balance of both which I thought I'd never find in a DS brand.

I really cannot understand who wouldn't like this. It is great stuff, really. Try it, try it, try it. Cannot recommend this enuff folks. About to buy my 2nd little tube!

Cons: 1 con, you must be CAREFUL on how many clicks you click it for, starting off I was clicking this thing like a hundered times and was being very impatient but burned by own flame I was! The product took its time alright to come out and when it did, there was way too much... It just takes time for it to purge out I guess. I only click it now 3 to 4 times and it does the trick, but you must be patient with this thing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No