BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

I asked for advice here on MakeupAlley (a while ago now), seeking a replacement product for a discontinued Cover Girl mascara that was rock solid - no smudging, flaking, holds curl. My past favourites had been CG Marathon waterproof & CG Volume Exact waterproof.

A lot of people recommended this product, so I gave it a shot. Numerous shots, actually. I like the packaging & really like the wand/brush! Mascara was easy enough to apply. But it did not end up holding my curl (I always use a curler), and by the end of the day had smudged where my lashes hit skin. So what happens next? Obviously, I throw it into the back of a drawer or cosmetics case somewhere and forget about it for months.

Just recently I rediscovered this lost mascara. Like new, but having been stationary for... maybe even a year. So, I gave it a couple more tries. No drastic change - still doesn't hold my curl (though it didn't weigh my lashes down), & still smudges onto my skin.

I gave it an honest try, but this mascara just isn't for me. If it helps anyone at all, my favourite mascara currently sold in stores is the original Cover Girl Lashblast (orange tube). Overall rating 3/5 because I would LOVE this mascara if it held my curl & didn't smudge. Loved the applicator, loved the way my lashes looked (before they uncurled).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

YES YES YES!!!!! I usually use 2 mascaras to get just what I want....but this is everything in one! So Amazing! Im obsessed with the wand...gets full coverage and then the tip pieces are perfect for getting into the corner of the eyes . I have pretty wimpy lashes and scarce to say the least, LOL...but this makes them so full and long!! I buy EVERY new mascara that comes on the market, LOL, in search of the perfect one. THIS IS IT! Dont let the price keep you from trying it....AMAZING

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. Enough said.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Not sure what the fuss is about...I would not repurchase or recommend. It smudged at first when I used with my BB cream. When I later tried and used with powders it did not smudge. The brush was okay but it has these spiky ends that require caution. I agree with other reviewers that the formula does not hold a curl. I curl before and this straighten the lashes. The formula turns into clumps and separating the lashes would take time. I will use just to finish but cannot recommend and would not repurchase. Very expensive and much to do about nothing. The reviews on the box are far from true or a very small group of testers. I will stick with Mally until I find a better option.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara after hearing everyone rave about it, my lashes are straight and short and this mascara does nothing for me I'd compare it to maybellines great lash, this mascara is very smooth and leaves no clumps almost like I'm not wearing anything but I do love the wand, now I use roller lash paired with better than sex and it works great with maintaining a curl

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I mean, this is an okay mascara? It doesn't smudge/flake and seems pretty waterproof. I got this in the sample size as a free gift and i don't think I will purchase it. I do like the brush, the rubber bristles do a pretty good job at separating lashes. I also appreciate the spiky ends, though sometimes i may jab myself in the eye. But this goddamn formula does not hold a curl AT ALL. I have hellish straight lashes so I curl them pretty well before mascara any given time but the heavy formula sinks the lashes within five minutes. The only time it doesn't stop curling is when I curl the lashes after mascara, which will in turn clump them after I've painstakingly separated them....you get my dilemma.

What a disappointment. I bought this in a mini set that came with a they're real liner. Hated them both. The problem with this mascara is the dang wand! The bristles are way too long, and they jab me in the eye instead of gripping the lashes. I don't even know how good the formula is because the medieval torture device wand has scared me off for good. I immediately went in with my Maybelline Rocket and fixed my weird looking lashes up. Not good. Just... not at all.

What is all the hype about?
I bought this and seriously do not see any length... I am truly disappointed. I bought this because I had ran out of th Younique 3D fiber one and I'm sorry benefit but as much as I do love your products you really need to up your game for mascara :(

I didn't understand what the hype was about. This mascara sucked & did nothing to my lashes. I have naturally thick, long, & straight lashes & this mascara did not hold the curl of my lashes, it did not give any volume, & it wasn't cheap either.
My $2 Jordana best lash mascara is WAYYYY better than this mascara. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Don't waste your money. I returned They're Real after a month.

I like my lashes long, thick and full of volume. This mascara did neither of those things. I have much better luck with my $7 CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume.

The brush has tons of rubber bristles that were much more effective at clumping my lashes together than separating them. It looked embarrassingly unnatural. In terms of lengthening, it did absolutely nothing. My lashes looked short and stubby because it also can't hold a curl.

I found the mascara to be very drying. And it flaked!! I couldn't believe it. It's virtually impossible to remove, which concerns me because scrubbing your eyes trying to get rid of this stuff makes you lose precious lashes.

I'll keep using my trusty Lash Blast.

Popular Mascaras