April 18, 2014 | 1861 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express The Falsies Flared

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by NataliePRMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is overall pretty good. But comparing it to my Rocket Volume Express by Maybelline it's not that good. They are both the same price but I find that this one is very clumpy. Although i do like the curved brush. Enabling you to apply the mascara evenly.
Hope this helped
xoxo
NataliePRMakeup

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jessmichellexo

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Super disappointed with Maybelline when it came to this product because I usually do enjoy their mascaras, but this one was just horrible.. SUPER dry and it clumps so much! My eyelashes were heavy and all stuck together by just one swipe of this stuff.. It's hard to remove and makes your eyelashes look like spider legs. I would not recommend this at all, and i'm not that picky when it comes to makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Qu33nB33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea why so many people rated this so low, it is a GREAT mascara! Way better than the regular! It creates long thick fanned out lashes which is what I think everyone wants annnd it's way cheaper than most other mascaras. The brush/technique takes some getting use to so don't bash this after your first attempt! LOVE IT!
EDIT: So I've been using for a month now and it's pretty much all dried up and useless already=( I am not willing to purchase a new mascara every month so I'm taking away a lippie

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

the formula was really dry. gave decent volume to my lashes but clumped a lot. the brush is too big and unwieldy for my stumpy Asian lashes. to it's credit, i haven't experienced the flaking other people have. definitely not the mascara for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by iwuvyumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a drugstore, waterproof mascara, this did the job. Though I won't say it is the ultimate best, it did promise to be waterproof, and it did show some signs of added volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Chantellouise93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara on a whim when I'd run out of my usual. A friend swears by is as Tanya Burr is her walking talking makeup bible, and also loves this product..
But I hate it, and I'll tell you why. Yes, it was great for the first three weeks, the formula was nice and worked well. However, it by no means gives you a look remotely similar to false lashes. And after those few weeks the formula was quickly drying up, left flakes on my cheeks and became useless. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

While I really dislike the "Falsies" (regular one) and "Falsies Black Drama" they both do nothing for my lashes just like the misnamed "Great Lash" mascara from Maybelline, I really really LOVE The Falsies Flared. I bought it because it was on special for $5.99 and I was pleasantly suprised. It gives great volume, some length (but I prefer volume) and it does not clump, so great definition too. Okay towards the end of the 3 months I do get "mascara dandruff" on my lower lid but not a lot and not enough so that I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to like it but then I switched. I used to get dramatic but flaky lashes. I used this today, bought a new tube. Don't remember the formula being this dry last time but this stuff was awful. Dry and brittle and not dramatic. It just looked bad. I'm convinced this is a bad tube but it flaked a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by clemmmentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I know that a lot of people don't like this mascara, but it's worked really well for me. The brush is a bit of a different shape from the originally Falsies, and I think it's more effective for my purposes. I love the flared look, and this does it perfectly. It does not really create a false eyelash effect, but it is volumizing, and I find this one to be less prone to clumping than the original Falsies. I also have not had problems with flaking, although I know a lot of people have. My eyelashes are naturally long, so this product does a great job of accentuating them and creating the flared effect that I like. It does smell a bit odd, but I'm used to that by now.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This is a good mascara, but since i am in middle school, I wouldn't like my lashes so sky high. It's a dry formula so it works on short or long lashes. Although it wouldn't really do anything to a guy in my class. He looks like he's wearing false lashes! Anyways I got this mascara for about $7-8 at Walmart (CAD). And that's not a bad price. I wouldn't buy this mascara again because again I don't like big lashes. For school I just like natural lashes (I recommend mega plush by Maybelline) or clear mascara. I use one from essence. It makes it look like I'm wearing black mascara but I'm not. And it's obviously looks more natural.