November 21, 2014 | 1713 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't bad but it's not great either. Just ok. It keeps the curl but doesn't volumise or add much impact, and I find the brush too big and awkward. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by himynameisjennie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybelline always seem to have awesome mascaras. They are great value for money, and are by far better than some of the more expensive ones I have tried.
I recently bought the Volume Express The Falsies, Flared after my original The Falsies mascara ran out. The Flared version is even better in my opinion, it still goes on nicely and doesn't clump, but it looks a lot more natural. It barely looks like I am wearing any mascara, and yet my eyelashes look fantastic.
Added bonus is that it is easy to remove and I don't wake up with it smeared all over my face. It might not be the most awesome mascara out there, and I do have naturally long, full lashes so that probably helps a lot. But for the price, I have to say, I love this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara did not work for me. The mascara does not apply evenly, leaving me with clumpy lashes. My worst problem with this mascara is that it flakes through out the day. After about a week of using it, I threw it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. But I really like the huge brushes in mascara, ie Revlon Grow Lucious, which no one else seems to care for.

Very volumising, and does what it says it will, flares out lashes. I'm not huge on the curved brush, but its not difficult to work with...cough cough, I'm looking at you Colossal Cat Eyes.

I say try it if you like big brushes. Minimal fall out and great mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Chubz

I didnt like this at first because im used to straight mascara brushes. This works for my lashes. I've never owned any curved brushes before and glad that the curved side hugs and gives my medium length lashes a lift. I get alot of length and some volume. For the price of $5.04 + tax and formula I would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by glamarlo1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I really liked this product, but after a while of usage I have decided that I do not. After one coat it clumps pretty easily and it will only extend your lashes to a minimum. Not bad, but not the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I expected too much on thus product. It helps curl my lashes but let it go into weird directions. Also, the formula smells weird. Only gives a bit of volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rubie17

i love this mascara totally makes my lashes look like falsies. love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased the Maybelline Volum Express Mascara and was extremely disappointed. After two coats on my naturally long lashes, I noticed throughout the day how uncomfortable the product was becoming on my lashes. It just made my lashes brittle, and washing it off at night proved so. I noticed an increase in lash loss and was just unimpressed with their voluminizing mascara, since it made no difference and only clumped. I love Maybelline shadows, but their mascaras are just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was just a pretty average mascara to me. Here's the breakdown:

Pros:
Very black, nice pigmentation
Lengthens as well as volumizes
Buildable
No fallout

Cons:
Definitely does not "fill in gaps" as it claims
Other mascaras volumize much better
Curls the tips of lashes in weird directions if you apply to much/use it to lengthen

Just an okay product, not my favorite.