October 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by NaijaNYC

These brushes are such a STEAL for the price. They're very well made and great at distributing color. My favorite out of ALL of these has to be, the base eyeshadow brush. This makes for such a great blending brush! I think it gives the MAC 217 a run for it's money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

I only wouldn't buy this again because I don't think I'd need to - one set is enough (unless I lost/broke it!).

Beautifully soft set of brushes that have the perfect shape and size tips across the board. These are the first real techniques brushes I've tried so far and I'm definitely impressed. They completely live up to the hype in my opinion and I can't wait to try the face brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Narcisa89

I use these brushes everyday. The are so convenient to use. In this set there is something for everybody. Highly recommended! They are very easy to rinse, and dry very quickly! Just perfect! So dirt cheap for all of these brushes in one set!
You can get it on www.iherb.com for 17.99$ and use code POK969 to get 5$ off if you spend under 40$ and you will get 10$ off if you spend more than 40$! They ship internationally!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by rakelpetersen

Very good brushes! And i loooove the price.. This really shows that mac brushes is totally overpriced!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

these are really excellent brushes. i had to recently replace all my make-up brushes and thought of no better opportunity to try this out. the brushes are great quality - soft and sturdy, and they do the job very well. i'm going to review each brush separately, as i also want to reveal my absolute favourites of the kit.

BASE SHADOW BRUSH: this is meant to apply the bulk of your eyeshadow, so the base colour. this does do a really great job of that because it's very very fluffy and big enough, but still sturdy. however, i don't think this will work with chalkier eyeshadows, because of its fluffiness.

DELUXE CREASE BRUSH: this brush is incredible. it's huge, sturdy and just sweeps on the perfect amount of colour in a nanosecond. it fits perfectly in my brow bone and blends the colour so well as it applies thanks to it's stiffness. this is the best crease brush i have ever tried and is my personal favourite of the kit!

ACCENT BRUSH: this little multi-purpose brush is very useful and quite cute too. it's tiny, sturdy and almost a little flat, so it's great for lining and applying colour to very specific areas. Samantha Chapman actually used this brush in her tutorial for the kit to accentuate her outer corner 'v'. this is great for eyeliner smudging too. very useful to have.

PIXEL-POINT EYELINER BRUSH: this brush is terrific for gel eyeliner, so much so, that's it's got me back into using gel liner again! this, (along with the deluxe crease brush) is my favourite. the bristles are so long and precise, that they allow you to apply your eyeliner so much more intricately. i find that i can create such a perfect, effortless shape and flick with this brush. my very favourite eyeliner brush i have tried so far (and i have tried many in pursuit of the perfect one).

BROW BRUSH: lastly the brow brush, which hasn't received any love or attention from me, as i do not use brow brushes at the moment. but i will say this, it's extremely soft and silky! i also think this would be a very good gel eyeliner brush. i will probably be sooner to try this out with gel eyeliner than for my eyebrows. this would also just be great for eyelining with eyeshadow.

in my opinion, there is one major flaw with this kit and that is it's lack of a flat shader brush. flat shader brushes are perfect for packing on colour, use with wet product (like paint pots, wet powders), cut-crease looks, contouring, the outer corner - just essential in my personal view. but this is just for review's sake.
overall, i cannot recommend this kit enough!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these brushes! Make applying eyeshadow so much easier, they get a good amount of product without it falling over your face, and make blending really easy. The travel pouch they come in is really handy too. Pricey here in Australia, but if you look online there's better deals available :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is EXTREMELY worth the money, for 18$ for 5 brushes and a case, it's definitely a steal. I live in Australia and these retail for 40$ which is quite expensive, but then i got mine off iHerb website for US RRP + 5$ shipping.
I just can't believe how good and multipurpose the brushes are! You can literally get away with these set for your eye looks without MAC brushes(which I do, and my MAC brushes are getting lonely now). I'm really satisfied and I just ordered the core collection and setting brush because I am so happy with the eye brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by claud519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought 2 of the Real Techniques by Samatha Chapman Brush Sets, the Core Collection which I already reviewed earlier and The Eye Starter Set. I got both sets from iHerb.com.
The set includes 5 full-size brushes + case:
1) base shadow brush: applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color
2) deluxe crease brush: soft, oversized design for effortless contouring
3) accent brush: designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging
4) pixel-point eyeliner brush: tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application
5) brow brush: distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows
6) panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand

These brushes are made of ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free, which is definitely a plus for me. I am a Makeup Artist by profession and I bought these brushes for my personal use to test it. My favorite among all 5 brushes is the deluxe crease brush due to its versatility. Aside from a crease brush, I use it to buff concealer under my eye and other parts where I need to apply concealer, it can also be used for contouring on the nose. I love the fact that the bristles are compact enough to give me full control during application. The rest of the brushes does the job and for the price I'd say it is definitely a steal! The weight of the brush is just perfect, not too heavy and not to light for application. The length of the handles are long enough (I hate using brushes that are too short like most travel brushes) Another great thing about this set is the case that it came with. It is perfect for travel and it converts into a stand. Overall, I'd say it is worth it to buy these brushes, esp. for those who are just starting to build their makeup kit, these brushes should definitely be considered!=)

By the way, I mentioned earlier that I got my brush sets from iHerb.com , each brush set was $17.99 and I always look for coupon codes when I buy online, so I got a coupon code that gave me $5off my entire purchase. Also, if you purchase over $20, you get FREE SHIPPING! So, indeed I got a super great deal! iHerb.com also gave me a discount code to share, for first time customers, you can use discount code / coupon code QER242 at checkout and you get your $5off your purchase! This discount code has no expiration so it will definitely work!;)

I hope this helps in any way, bye!=)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

I love these brushes! They are so soft and versatile. And they are very easy to maintain. I wish these would have been out when I first started doing makeup because they are perfect for beginners , pros, and everyone in between.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, let me preface this review by saying, I LOVE these brushes!! They are cruelty-free and of fantastic quality. The bristles are phenomenally soft and really hold pigment for application. They are great. I have many different brushes from a variety of price points (MAC, EcoTools, Sonia Kashuk, etc) and these are truly my favorite. I just really don't think you can go wrong with most of them.

I love this set, particularly the base shadow brush (for applying shadow and blending) and the accent brush (for applying darker shadow into the crease). The deluxe crease brush feels a little too bulky (the bristles I mean) for applying to the crease, because it applies a little too much color, but that brush is fabulous for blending. The pixel-point liner brush is not as fine as I would like (I prefer the fine liner brush from the same range), but applies eyeshadow well on the lashline--just don't use it with a cream or gel liner as it's very thick and the bristles are long. I don't use the brow brush on my brows, but it's wonderful for applying shadow to the outer corner of the eye!

Overall, this set is worth the price in spades. The brushes are a great value and are of fantastic quality--just feel free to use these brushes in whatever way you want (not just what they say they're intended for). If you go in with that mindset, you'll love these.