Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

3.0

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Squalane, Yeast Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Isohexadecane, PEG-6, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Polysorbate 20, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Limonene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine

on 4/2/2012 12:13:00 AM

I have normal skin type and after having a severe breakout from MAC Studio Fix, I got this in a kit (has a sample of ANR, Daycream and ANR Eye

on 3/23/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This works just as well as the clinique even better clinical serum. They are almost identical, except EL added gold illuminating pigment and the pH is lower within exfoliation range. I opt for this product because it will remove my red acne scars but it is very slow working. Also, these serums are less irritating than hydroquinone.

As I said in my review for the Clinique product, I don't this this product will be very effective against more stubborn pigmentation blemishes (melasma, sun or age spots) but it works well against fighting acne marks. If your skin is glowing like a disco ball after, it is probably because you're applying more than necessary and not layering and SPF or moisturizer over it. I have no issues with the gold pigment, however I could do without it. It has no benefits for your skin. It's just a makeup trick.

Pros:
-non-comedogenic
-doesn't cause rashes, eczema or dermititis
-hydrating and full of antioxidants!
-fades brown and red acne hyperpigmentation
-great packaging - it has not oxidized and I've had it over 2 months

Cons:
-slow working
-very expensive
-not aggressive enough for darker blemishes
-contains fragrance that has the potential to cause irritation

I also find that mixing this serum with 100% pure argan oil enhances its efficacy and you will need to wear a very high SPF daily.

on 3/19/2012 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I could tell a difference in the redness but it gave me cystic acne. Something I've never had before. Painful. It's honestly not worth the price. Just make sure you have a good solid skin care routine. That's all you need.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this product for 6 months off and on within 2-3 weeks I can see new and older dark marks left over from acne start to fade, this product has faded many marks. As far as dark mark/spot lightners I've tried have been Clinique, Acne Free, Garnier, Neutrogena, etc, none of which worked or they made me breakout. I don't apply this product all over my face only on the area's that need to be lightened, when I first started using it I noticed breakouts from applying all over. Overall it takes a good 10+ weeks for a dark mark to fade and being prone to them (even the most tiny breakout) on a college student's budget not I would buy due to the price.

on 2/24/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is great before putting on my powder or foundation. It sorts of prepares my skin and makes it look fresh. It makes the make-up glide on smoothly and flawlessly. It does brighten and even out my skin tone instantly and I can see a difference when I have this on with my make-up. It also does not make me break out. But I am not sure of the long-term benefits of this product as I have used this with many others at the same time. I got this for less than half the price on eBay but will not be repurchasing again, I find it too expensive. :)

on 2/9/2012 1:19:00 PM

I had seen results from this product initially but this was brief before my skin started to take a turn for to worst. I feel that my skin began to be the opposite of what the product advertised. My skin became dull and I felt that I saw even more discoloration. I also began to experience abnormal breakouts. This product is going in the garbage..

on 1/27/2012 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Please ladies (and gents) do yourself a favor, and do not buy this product! Let me start off with my skin type. I have very oily acne-prone skin. And in MAC, I'm an NC 42. Okay, so at the time I started to use this, I had cleared all my acne. The only thing I had left on my face was a TON of hyperpigmentations, redness, and discoloration. My skin scars very easily, and I always get left over hyperpigmentation from every acne, cystic or not, that I have. So since this product claimed to give a more radiant and even skintone, I thought it would be perfect for me. And I've never had an issue with Estee Lauder products before, so even though it was on the pricey side, I ended up purchasing it. At the end of two weeks, I noticed no difference in my face, well except for the fact that it was COVERED IN ACNE BREAKOUTS! This stuff broke me out so bad! One of the worse in my life! But the absolute worst part of it all was I was starting school again when this happened. Had to return this product! I'm still dealing with the scars left over from that breakout today. Absolutely horrible product!!!

on 1/22/2012 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Basically a waste of money, more so due to high expectation. The product launch was massive and i saw promos everywhere. I liked the pore minimizing so i was interested. I've always had redness-prone skin, mostly due to acne scars and the general thinness of my skin (visible veins as a result). Clinique anti-redness solution moisturizer had no effect on me, and i was using it together with this illuminator. I liked the consistency and the shimmer. I used it religiously for half a year, without missing a single day (mostly because of the price i paid) and i swear my uneven skin tone is still equally uneven.

on 1/22/2012 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For realz? Meh. This is one of those "kick myself" purchases, total waste of money... Ok so I didn't expect miracles BUT I did expect SOMETHING from this product. I think I paid $135 (3.4 oz) and used this for upward 4 months. EL claims this is sort of a miracle product guaranteed to minimize acne scars, redness and dark spots; to be fair I didn't figure it would do a thing for scars or what have you because nothing really does. However, I did expect a more even tone be it by way of overnight exfoliation, penetration or the like. And I got none of that. I did not notice one change, not even in the way of moisture or slothing off dead skin. Another thing that really gets my goat re this product is that its somewhat targeted toward various ethnic groups-color me conspiracy theorist here but I feel like this is almost a bit calculated in that Latina's /African American /Asian/ Middle Eastern women are always on the lookout for even toning products and will pay whatever for them (I say this as a both Latina and also as a small cosmetics biz owner). Shame on EL for such a marketing ploy with zero to back up these claims of noticeably better skin...OK, I am actually giving this a lower rating than EL Pore Perfecting Minimizing Skin Refinisher because this one makes claims where the other does not really/just gives a primer effect. This product was the last straw for me in regards to this brand- while I loved Fruition and dig some of their creams and the Night Repair, there are comparable products out there for a lower price. If you are looking for a product to even out skin tone don't buy into this hype. It will hurt your pocketbook and you will be left feeling disappointed.

on 1/22/2012 4:03:00 AM

I tried it a several times but everytime it brokes out.
A lot of whiteheads appear in my face. I love the new Perfectionist but this one I gave it back to the store.

Popular Treatments (Face)