April 19, 2014 | 1857 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For realz? Meh. This is one of those "kick myself" purchases, total waste of money... Ok so I didn't expect miracles BUT I did expect SOMETHING from this product. I think I paid $135 (3.4 oz) and used this for upward 4 months. EL claims this is sort of a miracle product guaranteed to minimize acne scars, redness and dark spots; to be fair I didn't figure it would do a thing for scars or what have you because nothing really does. However, I did expect a more even tone be it by way of overnight exfoliation, penetration or the like. And I got none of that. I did not notice one change, not even in the way of moisture or slothing off dead skin. Another thing that really gets my goat re this product is that its somewhat targeted toward various ethnic groups-color me conspiracy theorist here but I feel like this is almost a bit calculated in that Latina's /African American /Asian/ Middle Eastern women are always on the lookout for even toning products and will pay whatever for them (I say this as a both Latina and also as a small cosmetics biz owner). Shame on EL for such a marketing ploy with zero to back up these claims of noticeably better skin...OK, I am actually giving this a lower rating than EL Pore Perfecting Minimizing Skin Refinisher because this one makes claims where the other does not really/just gives a primer effect. This product was the last straw for me in regards to this brand- while I loved Fruition and dig some of their creams and the Night Repair, there are comparable products out there for a lower price. If you are looking for a product to even out skin tone don't buy into this hype. It will hurt your pocketbook and you will be left feeling disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by arrasarras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried it a several times but everytime it brokes out.
A lot of whiteheads appear in my face. I love the new Perfectionist but this one I gave it back to the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by tinampk

I've used this product for about three months now but when it now was time for a new one, I rather chose to try something else.

It's not bad, but it's not that great either. My skin looked a little bit more even when I had it on, but it didn't do anything with my skin over time. So the effect was only there when I had the cream on my face.
It also looked like I had a nice glow, but that to was also the cream in it self and not my skin because of the cream. It has this golden-particles in it, so guess that's why my skin looked glowing.

For me, it's not enough that a cream makes your skin look good just when you have it on, it needs to do a different to the skin. This did not.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I guess you cannot win thme all...This product did nothing to fade my sun spots. It did give a bit of glow and softness but I get that with the Idealist Pore Minimizer, which I have gone back to.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample of this after the store finally had an Estee Lauder in their counter and the sample was horrible it does nothing for your skin as if claims to help perfect your skin over time completely false and the ingredient in is these finely milled mica that could clog and cause your skin to break out like mine did. After washing my skin at night I would still find that the little mica particles were still stick onto my skin just terrible this product I highly recommend you don't bother trying this product our as it will only cause you to break out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a few samples of this and i thought to give it a try. I used it daily for a about a month. At first I was amazed. This is a serum has a gorgeous slippery texture applies on the skin effortless and leaves your face looking healthy and kinda rejuvenated with a healthy semi matte finish . I was using it at night and the next morning my face was just perfect. Fresh looking and glowing and my complexion was more even. Other than this fresh,even toned looking skin didn't notice any other improvement I must say. Then one night I applied the product as usual and I noticed that my fingers were covered in a gold- pearly tint.Didnt pay any more attention I just went to bed, The next night the same thing happened again, I applied this serum and my fingertips again had gold and pearly glitters on them, I finally realized that this gold/pearly tint was left on my hands by this product. That was a huge disappointment for me. I dont feel comfortable applying on my freshly washed skin a goldy pearly substance especially when the substance is sold very expensive as a premium skin care product.This product is more a fancy make up primer than a skin care product . I wouldnt buy the full size for sure

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by kaylanault

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good - Smells a bit lemony-fresh, hard to describe haha, liquid has a cool look to it - kinda shimmery blue, feels refreshing, does it's job well but it's not amazing - I was only slightly shocked when I saw the difference in my skin after using it

Bad - Very expensive, does not moisturize (but it's not a moisturizer)

Would I buy this again? Maybe if I win the lottery or absolutely need an illuminator, which I don't at the moment.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by yvetteq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a full size sample of this from an online promotion. I used it only twice and I hated it. It made my face look weirdly oily or something and it felt like there was a thick coating on my face. It also broke me out, and after only two uses. I was shocked at what I extracted from a couple of pores when I used this. This product is supposed to make you look better, but it made me look a lot worse. Now I have a big bottle of this worth $85 just sitting there. What a waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by tereesees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the only difference between this product and clinique's dark spot corrector is that this has some shiny crap in it and it costs more. it really doesn't do much of anything, and its price is just insulting. But it does look give a nice dewey glow when mixed with foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDeseray96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Huge disappointment. With the price you think it'd be great, but it did absolutely nothing for my skin. You're better off getting a prescription product from your doctor, which is exactly what I ended up doing anyways. I got Retin-A and it did much more to improve my skin than this waste of money did.