December 22, 2014 | 1257 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by theoneandonlyfraggle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If someone offered me a million bucks to wear this for a day, I would refuse.

There are not many fragrances that repel me to such a degree that I want to gag. I had read so many promising reviews and two seconds after spraying this on my wrist I immediately knew this was a terrible mistake. Within minutes a migraine hit me hard and lasted for two long days.

It reminded me of Joop, with that same plastic, cloying, energy zapping, soul sucking poison that only Cruella would wear. I just don't get it, it smells so offensive. For example Poison or Angel might be offensive, but mainly because they are very strong. Addict smells ugly. There is nothing gorgeous or beautiful about it.

It reminds me of a damaged middle aged woman who has gone out drinking the night before, she stumbles home in the early hours of morning stinking of booze and cigarettes. She hasn't washed for days. Red lipstick is smeared on her lips. This would be her fragrance. I can feel a migraine coming on just thinking about it. The mere thought makes my eyes water as I feel my gag reflex start to quiver. It is so intoxicating in the literal sense that I find myself begging for death to offer me sweet relief. I want to cry.

I am sorry to all you lovely ladies out there who love this, for I too I wanted to love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Prettynotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I still remember the first day I discovered this perfume...walking by the makeup counters at Sears, heading towards the juniors section...and then, I got a whiff of heaven...I turned around,looking for the source of this exquisite scent, and saw one of the perfume girls holding the blue bottle and handing out samples. I got closer, confirming that this was indeed where the scent was coming from, and the rest is history. This has been my signature scent for almost ten years! It's not fruity, it's not flowery...it's sweet but not the kind of sickening sweet you find now (mostly on celebrity perfumes). It's a cloud of musky sweetness that dries to a sweet and unique fragrance that lasts ALL DAY LONG. Still haven't found anything that will make me stop using this, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Suuushi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It doesnt matter how many parfumes I try ... i'll always coming back to this one ! i love CD parfumes ... but only this one i'll buy over and over again !! why cant we get marry with parfumes ?! <33333

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Kfly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to fragrance for every day use. I love the smell, and I always receive compliments about how I smell really good.

The price of the perfume is really expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I've ran out of this perfume twice in the smaller bottle so I went out and purchased the big bottle (2 times now)!

I'm "addicted" to the smell.

Oh and it mixes really well with my skin. I get a sweet smell after a couple of hours that smells COMPLETELY different from the initial spray smell (both smell really sexy and nice).

I'd definitely buy this again and again! I would be terribly saddened if they decided to discontinue this any time soon! (I'd have to stock up for a lifetime's worth of perfume lolz)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by judygirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I prefer Dior fragrances to most other brands, now this one is something quite different - it is not the worst and certainly not the best, but what about the aroma WOW!! utter class.
Smells as though it has cost hundreds of pounds (or dollars)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Where have you been all my life?
Out of the numerous perfumes I have smelt and owned (over 25 I would say) nothing causes me to react the way this does. Its so beautiful, rich, creamy, sexy and superior to any other fragrance I have sprayed. I'm not eloquent enough to describe how I feel about this perfume, but to sum: its brilliant.
On first spray funnily enough, I didn't love it. Compared to hypnotic poison on my other wrist, it smelt sharp and alcoholic. Then I went away and hypnotic poison stayed on my wrist whilst Addict had wilted into almost nothingness. I went back and resprayed Addict onto my wrist, and strangely, I was suddenly in love. My skin smelt of creamy vanilla and almond, whilst something lightly spicy and not too sweet lingered. Staying power is supremely important to me, and unlike practically every other reviewer here (poor me!!), this stays for, at most, 2 hours on my wrist - this is after moisturising like crazy with a scentless cream. When I left to go home, after buying a full bottle and spraying a few sprays on various pulse points (don't worry its winter here), I ran into a few friends, and for the first few minutes I was bombarded with variations "you smell soooo amazing!". Whenever you get that kind of response - the perfume is a winner! (only other perfume I've had more than a few irregular compliments on is Lancome's Hypnose).
Because of the staying power, I want to give this 4.5, but the scent is just so beautiful its worth about a 10/5 in my eyes! Look forward to associating some great memories with this perfume!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would describe this as a sweet, vampy and sexy smell. The staying power is good-I can still smell it on my coat days after i've sprayed it. It is quite a casual girlie smell (not the sorta thing I would wear if I really wanted to impress) and for that reason I think its rather expensive (though I know the price doesn't effect the smell) for what it is. Its kinda expensive good quality tack, which I usually do like but even so, I've concluded that there are nicer and cheaper alternatives.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by becky39

Okay WHO did I piss off to get such crappy personal chemistry??? I thought due to all the rave reviews on the 3 sites I frequent (MUA, Fragrantica and Sephora) I fully expected to Adore this stuff but oh my gosh is smells of mens cologne! I get no vanilla I get no flowers I get nothing even close to microscopically "pretty" or appealing. i'm not afraid of strong perfumes at all, Hypnotic Poison is among my very favorites and that isn't exactly a light frilly scent, but at least it smells feminine on me. I did get a nice sized sample of Addict from the nice sales person at Sephora so I may try it again sometime in the future. I'm not going to wash it off as I want to see if it may suprise me but it's been sitting for 3 hours now and is still very masculine. *sigh* my first Dior disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Expensive but worth it!! I usually do not ask chicks what perfume they have, but when one of my former co-workers had this I asked, and soon as it was time for lunch break I went to Macy's and bought it!! Worth every penny!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by beth54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I am very late in discovering (affording) this fragrance. To the naysayers: You don't lilke it? Good, I like being the best smeling person in the room! Plus more for me. I find men I don't know asking me what smells so good. Now girls, remember I'm 57 yrs. old and men haven't been stopping to gaze upon my beauty for years now. But scent is the great equalizer! If you smell good enough to jump on or eat- men do respond. Tho not the reason I love this. It makes me feel like Cleopatra, Marie Antoinette, Liz Taylor (in her younger years), and of course Sofia Loren. Some of yhe youngsters on MUA may not relate, but I know my older sisters out there get it! Smellling sexy is ONE thing we don't ever have to give up. Expensive, you say, not for the reaction I get from my 64 yr. old husband-when he stops what he's doing and looks at me as tho I was 21 again and says "Wow-like what you're wearing today-what's the name of it?" Now this man has never been interested in my fragrances. Add Addict, and all of a sudden I have a fragrance connosieur on my hands. He would rather me spend $80-$100 on a truly beautiful and long lasting scent, than $35.00 on all the other crap that's going around. Or the bottle I'll never say how much I spent, the Bond 9 Chinatown-he hates. OH well, I was brought up to keep my man interested-Addict helps me do that! Plus it smells like an angel is amongst us!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No