October 30, 2014 | 1568 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by judygirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I prefer Dior fragrances to most other brands, now this one is something quite different - it is not the worst and certainly not the best, but what about the aroma WOW!! utter class.
Smells as though it has cost hundreds of pounds (or dollars)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Where have you been all my life?
Out of the numerous perfumes I have smelt and owned (over 25 I would say) nothing causes me to react the way this does. Its so beautiful, rich, creamy, sexy and superior to any other fragrance I have sprayed. I'm not eloquent enough to describe how I feel about this perfume, but to sum: its brilliant.
On first spray funnily enough, I didn't love it. Compared to hypnotic poison on my other wrist, it smelt sharp and alcoholic. Then I went away and hypnotic poison stayed on my wrist whilst Addict had wilted into almost nothingness. I went back and resprayed Addict onto my wrist, and strangely, I was suddenly in love. My skin smelt of creamy vanilla and almond, whilst something lightly spicy and not too sweet lingered. Staying power is supremely important to me, and unlike practically every other reviewer here (poor me!!), this stays for, at most, 2 hours on my wrist - this is after moisturising like crazy with a scentless cream. When I left to go home, after buying a full bottle and spraying a few sprays on various pulse points (don't worry its winter here), I ran into a few friends, and for the first few minutes I was bombarded with variations "you smell soooo amazing!". Whenever you get that kind of response - the perfume is a winner! (only other perfume I've had more than a few irregular compliments on is Lancome's Hypnose).
Because of the staying power, I want to give this 4.5, but the scent is just so beautiful its worth about a 10/5 in my eyes! Look forward to associating some great memories with this perfume!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would describe this as a sweet, vampy and sexy smell. The staying power is good-I can still smell it on my coat days after i've sprayed it. It is quite a casual girlie smell (not the sorta thing I would wear if I really wanted to impress) and for that reason I think its rather expensive (though I know the price doesn't effect the smell) for what it is. Its kinda expensive good quality tack, which I usually do like but even so, I've concluded that there are nicer and cheaper alternatives.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by becky39

Okay WHO did I piss off to get such crappy personal chemistry??? I thought due to all the rave reviews on the 3 sites I frequent (MUA, Fragrantica and Sephora) I fully expected to Adore this stuff but oh my gosh is smells of mens cologne! I get no vanilla I get no flowers I get nothing even close to microscopically "pretty" or appealing. i'm not afraid of strong perfumes at all, Hypnotic Poison is among my very favorites and that isn't exactly a light frilly scent, but at least it smells feminine on me. I did get a nice sized sample of Addict from the nice sales person at Sephora so I may try it again sometime in the future. I'm not going to wash it off as I want to see if it may suprise me but it's been sitting for 3 hours now and is still very masculine. *sigh* my first Dior disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Expensive but worth it!! I usually do not ask chicks what perfume they have, but when one of my former co-workers had this I asked, and soon as it was time for lunch break I went to Macy's and bought it!! Worth every penny!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by beth54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I am very late in discovering (affording) this fragrance. To the naysayers: You don't lilke it? Good, I like being the best smeling person in the room! Plus more for me. I find men I don't know asking me what smells so good. Now girls, remember I'm 57 yrs. old and men haven't been stopping to gaze upon my beauty for years now. But scent is the great equalizer! If you smell good enough to jump on or eat- men do respond. Tho not the reason I love this. It makes me feel like Cleopatra, Marie Antoinette, Liz Taylor (in her younger years), and of course Sofia Loren. Some of yhe youngsters on MUA may not relate, but I know my older sisters out there get it! Smellling sexy is ONE thing we don't ever have to give up. Expensive, you say, not for the reaction I get from my 64 yr. old husband-when he stops what he's doing and looks at me as tho I was 21 again and says "Wow-like what you're wearing today-what's the name of it?" Now this man has never been interested in my fragrances. Add Addict, and all of a sudden I have a fragrance connosieur on my hands. He would rather me spend $80-$100 on a truly beautiful and long lasting scent, than $35.00 on all the other crap that's going around. Or the bottle I'll never say how much I spent, the Bond 9 Chinatown-he hates. OH well, I was brought up to keep my man interested-Addict helps me do that! Plus it smells like an angel is amongst us!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by PaintedRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My signature scent. This is, hands down, my favorite perfume to wear both in winter and in summer (though, I will confess, it truly is a heavier fragrance more suited for cooler months. I just don't care so I wear it all the time!)

I am one who cannot stand foody scents, lotions, etc. I don't want to smell like a cookie. This doesn't smell foody to me or on me at all. The scent starts out spicy and musky on me, then dries down to a lovely spicy vanilla scent that is not at all sweet. It's actually quite sensual, and I constantly get complimented on this fragrance from men. My boyfriend is driven wild by it (even after years of me wearing it). It's pretty much liquid sex in a bottle, and it makes me feel luscious just by wearing it!

So much depends on body chemistry of course, but I definitely suggest at least trying it out. Or not. I'm not sure I like sharing the wealth.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dior Addict is the only vanilla predominant fragrance that I can wear comfortably and really enjoy! It's probably a cross between an oriental and a gourmand, but isn't overwhelming nor super-sweet which is surprising and refreshing to me!

The vanilla note mixes with a hint of spices, flowers and woods to produce a unique scent that blends wonderfully into my skin and gently blooms as the day (or night) wears on. And, no unpleasant twists or turns in the top/middle/bottom notes either.

Addict's squared cobolt blue bottle with a yellow-goldtone cap is gorgeous and evocative of what's to come when applying Addict.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Caitsidhe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Addict is a strong, dry vanilla and jasmine scent with extreme sillage. Many reviewers have said that it is sweet; I would disagree. It is certainly less sweet than many other popular vanilla-based fragrances (Hypnotic Poison, L de Lolita Lempicka, etc.) and its strong jasmine note makes it smell "soapy" in a side-by-side comparison to those other, sweeter fragrances. Men who like "bad girls" seem to adore this one, because it smells like.. well.. sex. One guy I dated briefly (whom I later discovered to be a womanizer) kept bugging me (in vain) to tell him what the name of it was-- no doubt so he could buy it and make all his girls wear it. Women, however, seem to be annoyed by its intensity. Therefore, not recommended for day wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by korrynne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I absolutely love the smell of this perfume, it is way too heavy for anything but a special night out. It overwhelms me, and no matter how little I spray it still seems like too much, especially at first. It's almost sickening, even though like I said I love the way it smells. I keep my perfumes in my closet to remember to put on when I am getting dressed, and whenever I do spray this, I can smell it for days whenever I open the closet.