October 30, 2014 | 1328 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by iamthebun

I have oily skin, and this clung to oily patches on my face, especially on my nose. It looked terrible within an hour. At first it looked fine but later it became patchy

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I still have mixed feelings about this foundation, even though I've had it for six months maybe. I have acne-prone skin, so when my skin is smooth and generally just a better texture (with no dry patches), it's ok. It has a light coverage, which I think is just not enough for me (just for reference, I have acne marks on the sides of my cheeks, and 1-2 blemishes-so nothing that much). Therefore, it leaves a natural finish, so if you have normal/combination skin with no huge imperfections, I would say give it a try
On the other hand, I don't know how people with dry skin love this, because I just can't use it when I have dry patches left from some agressive acne treatments.
I kind of make it work, just to use it up, but then again I wouldn't repurchase something that I have "to make work".

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Light coverage foundation that's easily builds to medium. Applies really easily and quickly with fingers giving dewy, bright, healthy finish. The gel formula spreads like a dream and feels great on. Concealer needed for blemishes etc and a little powder required to make it last all day. I would say this is a daytime foundation as the coverage is too light for a night out in my opinion. Overall really recommend. I have nc20ish skin and found that mixing 51 and 52 was perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

This is a hard one to rate. On one hand, it gives such a pretty glow; in fact it gets prettier as the day goes on. But on the other hand, it pooled around my nose like nothing else I've tried (and I wouldn't say I had oily skin). I also had primed, powdered AND MAC fix+ in the morning after applying it.

I have tried both this and the Healthy Mix foundation and I MUCH preferred the finish of the Gel serum over the standard foundation. Even my husband commented on how cakey my face looked the day I was wearing the Healthy Mix foundation version.

I'll give this another try in cooler weather as I was wearing it on a 40+ degree day in Melbourne so I was probably asking a little bit too much of this.
I was impressed with the way it did not settle into lines around my eyes; but beware; this oxidises Big Time which was fine with me because the darkest shade wasn't quite dark enough for me (NW40)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

Personally I think Bourjois foundations are the best drug store foundations available if you are looking for natural and light foundations. All the Bourjois foundations I used never make me break out. Almost all of them have nice scent which doesnt bother me. They dont particularlly stay very long. I ususally need to have touch up after 4 hours. What I like the most is that I dont feel I wear foundations when I use them as they are so light and easy to blend in to the skin. I find all the Bourjois foundations are very similar in term of texture and lasting power. They tend to have dewy finish which I like. For some reason I always go back to purchase their foundations. I do think they have much higher quality products compared to other drug store brands. The only thing is the price - AUD: 35.00, bit pricy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by januaryicecream

Love this foundation! I have dry skin and it blends over dry patches like a dream. The coverage is light - medium and although it does do a decent job covering my blemishes, you'll need to go over with a concealer for fuller coverage of problem areas. I use 52 and 53 and I am NC20-25 with yellow undertones so I find that both 52 and 53 work on me. I've been using this foundation for over a year and I still love it! Would highly recommend for people with dry to normal skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by 43emz

Doesn't make my skin look healthy so not sure about the name of this foundation, however the lightest vanilla shade is a perfect match for my pale skin. It gives a light to medium coverage but leaves my skin looking washed out and doesn't cover blemishes although the matching concealer does a good job at that. I tend to just use this foundation for school runs but if I'm at work or at an event I like to use a foundation that really improves the look of my skin, this one doesn't and also leaves my oily skin looking shiny so need extra powder (always use my favorite Cornsilk one), it does last all day though although if you have any dry/peeling patches this will highlight them. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you have oily/acne prone skin but if your skin is in good condition you might like the light long lasting coverage this one provides.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by cealzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.
Most of the time it is simply a delight to apply and wear but man, just on /some/ days it SUCKS.
It has the ability to cling to dry patches (depending how it's applied, it should be applied with a light hand and not roughly rubbed into the skin cause that can exfoliate). So if you have dry skin- be careful with how you apply. Perfect for a normal skin or areas on your face that aren't dry and/or oily. Definitely not for oily skin.
It makes your skin look amazing and radiant but I wouldn't recommend in a very hot climate (cough cough Australian summers) regardless of how dry your skin is or how well you apply it because it can melt off even if you powder. Also kinda can come off if you wear glasses- make sure to lightly powder the area your frames touch your face ///after the foundation has set/// (that is v important otherwise it will look cakey).
Coverage is light and the shade selection kinda sucks- lucky that 51 light vanilla is perfect for me!
I got it on sale at my local priceline but even so it was still quite pricey for what it's worth, even in Australia where makeup is usually double the cost.
Absolutely lovely if you're having a good skin day and aren't breaking out!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally found my HG foundation! Previously, I was using Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation, but I found that it made my t-zone oily after a few hours. It also didn't have a pump, which made it messy and unsanitary. The Liquid Bourjois Health Mix Serum Gel Foundation is the perfect consistency - it blends like a dream and has just the right amount of coverage. Not too light and not too cakey. A little goes a long way too; I'm talking half a pump can cover my entire face. I have fair / olive skin-tone and I use the shade 53 Beige Clair. After a whole day, this foundation does not make my skin oily or break me out, and that's really what sets it apart from many foundations that i've used in the past. It also has a pleasant fruity smell to it.

I heard through the grape vine that Bourjois is owned by Chanel, so you can trust that the quality is outstanding. Overall, great product. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Chanel96

The foundatiom feels to light and abit oily on my skin when applied. It does last all day and has a nice smell to it. I wouldnt by this again as it didnt seem right for my skin.