October 20, 2014 | 2028 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Natalie94

Love love love these brushes! I've had MAC ones for the past 2 years, and these brushes beat them by a mile! The buffing brush is absolutely amazing, gives me the flawless look. The contour brush is also extremely good! The foundation brush is a bit small, which is a bit of a let down, which is also the only downside to these brushes! For 4 brushes, the price isn't too much either, extremely affordable! Best brushes yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Ediecx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these so much they are amazing overall !! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Crystalfaith

I think the samantha chapman's line of brushes is so popular, so I bought and try, and I like it...very practical.. Hope to collect the other few too..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by smei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy cow, these brushes are amazing. The buffing brush is so soft and works well with either liquid or powder foundations. It's on the smaller side but quickly works foundation into your skin for a light, airbrushed look. The other brushes probably work just as well as the sigma brushes and are pretty much just as soft. I don't really have a use for the foundation brush so sometimes I'll use it to contour my nose just for kicks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nataliepin

Real Techniques brushes overall are amazing. In this kit, my favourites are the buffing and contour brush. The buffing brush is beautiful for liquid foundations, BB creams and blending in general. I typically use the contour brush for bronzer and contouring because I like that harsh look that it gives, but its also easy to blend out the harsher lines it creates. Also great for blush or highlight because it is quite small and fits nicely in those contours. Both are staples in my everyday routine. The foundation brush I'll pull out occasionally, usually for concealer or liquid highlighter. It does a great job but too small for foundation for my liking. The accent brush is great for spot concealing as well as lipstick application. My only problem with using it for lips is that you basically need to wash it with every use, but I suppose that goes for any lip brush. All brushes are soft on the face, easy to clean and dry fast. Comes in a handy travel case with room for extra brushes which is a great touch (and useful!). Only marking it down a bit on price because I'm in Canada, and before these were available at Walmart I ordered mine online for a hefty price of $45 rather than $20 in stores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Five stars, hands down.
My absolutely favorite brush in this kit is the buffing brush. Holy cow it is THAT good. It looks small, but it delivers like no other. It is super super soft, it is dense, therefore it makes the application of any product like a dream. I ALWAYS use this brush while applying my Chanel bronzing base (the one that gives everyone a hard, puzzled time). This brush makes the application so easy and effortless that you won't believe it. I also absolutely love using this after applying a cream blush if I feel like some edges need to me smoothed out for a more unified, flawless look.
Now, you cannot get this brush by itself which is OK since the rest of the brushes are just as good!
It took me a while to get used to the foundation brush (the flat one) and I loooove it now! It looks small, but it doesn't take long at all to distribute the product on the face. It is flexible, therefore it covers everything perfectly and has no hard time getting around tricky areas (nose, between the eyebrows).
The accent brush is truly a multitasker, since it is big enough to be used for concealer and it is small enough to be smudge eyeshadow and applying highlight in the inner eye corners.
Finally, the contour brush is so cute! I always use it to apply a powder highlighter and sometimes even blend my eyeshadow with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found the core collection along with two other sets in the SALE bin at my local Walmart! Of course I scooped it up! The brushes are so so soft, they don't scratch my face, nor do they leave that itchy feeling, i'v washed them over ten times and there's been no shedding! For every day, I like to use the contour brush to blend my under eye concealer, and then go in with the buffing brush for a bit of powder and wabam! It's such a breeze to use them!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by silviamuic

Yes yes yes! Amazing brushes!! Bought at Walmart for 18.00$ would for sure recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

okay, I went on vacay anf totally forgot to pack a powder brush. I visited the walmart in la and found this. and...lets just say I regret not trying this out earlier. I think the disappointment of sigma brushes compared to the YouTube hype saddened me.

well, the quality and softness is amazing. what's even more important is how well these distribute product onto your face. my studio fix powder looked so good with these brushes that I might not use liquid foundation for summer. all of the brushes in this set works well and the price is the best part.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by albs

I almost need a second set of these. These brushes are so versatile they're almost TOO versatile! They're fantastic quality; soft, sturdy, easy to clean and nice-looking (in my opinion). I have multiple uses for most of them. I am considering another set just to have another buffing and contour brush because I use them for so many different things and am constantly washing them.

Buffing Brush: One of my two most used brushes out of this set, and also one of my most used brushes in general. I use this to buff in foundation or powder primarily (washing in between of course). Sometimes if I'm a little too heavy-handed on the blush I will use this to buff out the edges and fix it up a little.

Contour Brush: I NEVER contour so I cannot speak to how well this brush preforms that function. I use this for many other things, this is the star out of this set for me. I've used it with powder highlights for the tops of my cheekbones and it works quite well for that. It's also really nice for illuminating lotions that I like to apply around my eyes. I also really like to use it for a more precise blush application. I've used it to set powder specifically where I want it which is nice because often I need just a very light dusting in my T-zone. I've also recently started using this to blend concealer under my eyes and it works so well for that. The light application prevents cakey-ness and it's gentle and doesn't tug at the skin under my eyes.

Detailer Brush: I honestly don't use this one very often because I have several small brushes like this. It's not too bad for applying concealer precisely, and I imagine it would work fairly well as a lip brush or for eye details.

Pointed Foundation Brush: Too small for me to use for foundation but I do really like it for concealer, especially if I'm just going to conceal and powder and not bother with foundation. You can blend concealer in fairly well with this.