Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

on 1/18/2014 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

THE BUFFING BRUSH:
I loooove this brush for foundation, bb cream, etc.
It litarally takes me 2 sec. to blend out my foundation with this brush, so it's perfect for everyday. It doesn't give you an airbrush finish, like if you were using a beautyblender og dapping it on with a flat kabuki brush, but honestly for an everyday foundation routine, it is perfect and quick! Also gives you an incredible natural finish.

THE FLAT FOUNDATION BRUSH:
This is not a favorite of mine. For foundation it's way to small, and for concealer it's to flat and stiff, to blend out under the eyes and even on blemishes. Normally I don't even use these flat foundations brushes, but if I do I will always use the one from Sigma! It's bigger and blends out better.

THE CONTOUR BRUSH:
Okay. This. Is. Perfection.
I literally use this for everything. Blush, bronzer/contour, and my favorite: concealer.
This blends out concealer SO well. I use it to cover both under the eyes and on blemishes and scars.

THE DETAILER BRUSH:
I never ever use this brush. I'm not much of a fan of little stiff brushes like this. Either you should use it for blemishes, which for me doesn't work, since it doesn't blend out the concealer at all. OR for applying lipstick, but I always apply lipstick straid ahead. I guess I'm to lazy to use a brush ;-)

- Overall I LOVE the Buffing and Contour brush, but not a huge fan of the 2 others.
I deffintly think it's still worth it to buy this set, since it's not even that expensive for brushes and the quality (of the buffing and contour brush) is AMAZING.

on 1/14/2014 7:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

My first encounter with RT brushes was the large powder brush and the blush brush. I hated both, and was recluctant to try anymore, particularly a set of brushes from the same brand. I was intrigued to try the buffing brush (partly due to the hype online, and I don't usually buy into various 'hypes') so bought the set when I spied it on offer in Boots. The buffing brush is ok but tends to highlight my dry patches (unusual on someone with combo/oily skin) but it's generally a reasonable tool. As for the other brushes - I doubt I'll get much use for them, truth be told although the contour brush is a keeper. I deliberated with buying this set/buffing brush or the Sigma F80 and came to the conclusion that for the same price I would pay for the F80, I could get a whole set of RT brushes. Definitely worth a shot.

on 1/12/2014 4:29:00 AM

I normally wouldn't buy a set I usually just buy singles but I love this set but I must admit I have no use for the foundation brush due to it being so tiny but I do love & use all the others & it was such a good price.

on 1/6/2014 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love these brushes. I bought these after reading a lot on them and am happy I did. I almost got the Ecotools. These are so soft and such an affordable price for the set at $17.99. I used a coupon from Ulta for $5 off and got them for $12.99! WOW such a great deal for such great brushes! The quality is insanely good.

The little detailer brush is my favorite for applying lipstick, its is SO precise. I have never had such a great lip brush before. The buffing brush is great for really buffing in mineral foundation and blush. The bronzer brush is just great. All of them are so great, I couldn't be happier and will be getting more!

on 12/29/2013 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing brushes!! This beats any drug store or even MAC brush ive ever used. The best brush of this pack being the buffing brush that i use with my mac studio fix powder. It now replaces my $70 mac brush 129! I also love the contour brush for my bronzer. These brushes are versatile and can be used with many products in many ways. The only brushes i now need is real techniques!! Its just a pity how high the mark up is in australia compared to the us

on 12/26/2013 11:14:00 PM

I heard a lot of rave reviews about real technique so when I saw them on sale @ Harmon's I said why not. These brushes are awesome! They bristles feel dense & strong and they do not shed!! I hate when brushed shed. These are great brushes.I also bought the eye collection set which I haven't used yet. Def. worth it & you won't be breaking the bank buying these.

on 12/20/2013 6:34:00 PM

An amazing set of brushes that I would recommend to anyone. The brushes are amazing and do what they say. I would recommend this to anyone if they were interested in buying makeup brushes. The concealer brush is the perfect size for spot concealing and the buffing brush is amazing to put on foundation or blending things in.

on 12/8/2013 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What can i say......i,m a huge Real Techniques fan and love all brushes because the do what they promisse and alway's.

These are amazing!! 2nd best to IT COSMETICS brushes but are heaps cheaper and and do everything I want them to! These do not shed all over your face!! I have tried many brands, mac, Estée Lauder, napoleon perdis heaps of high end and low end that just shed all over your face! Annoying!! But finally have found 2 brands I would recommend and that is all the Real techniques brushes and it cosmetics brushes, trust me I've tried them all! :)

on 11/29/2013 7:27:00 PM

I love these brushes!

Buffing brush: Used to apply my bb cream/foundation OR with my setting powder

Detailer brush: Used to put concealer around my eyebrows to shape them

Contour brush: Used to contour

Foundation brush: At first I disliked this brush BUT if you have any liquid foundation w/o a pump, just pour some onto this brush and use it to apply it to your face! Then use a different brush to blend it all in! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials