July 30, 2014 | 1538 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by muaddictbiotch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had this for a long time and couldn't quite get it applied correctly i tried a bunch of different brushes and my fingers.. welll i put it up for swap then a while later i got super sick of my UD bronzer turning orange on me and decided to try this baby out again ..i discovered the only brush i can use for this is a coastal scents brush its a kabuki brush but with a regular longer handle and it works wonderfully im so glad i decided to try it again :) Although I love the product and the packaging I would say its too pricey for me to re purchase.. i have discovered some other bronzing gems recently as well

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by ehy210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks like I'm one of the few that feel differently about this product. After all the rave, I was really excited to try this product and really wanted to love it like everyone one- especially because I love Chanel. It was a bit hard locating the product but when I finally found it at Nordstroms, it looks really orange in the container. But, I bought it anyways hoping it wouldn't be so orange on my face. Yes, this bronzer has a great texture, an amazing scent, and no shimmer . But, it pulled extremely orange on my skin. I've tried LOTS of bronzers (hoola, smashbox, nars, bobbi brown,....) and this is the orangest bronzer I have ever tried. I'm sticking to my smashbox suntan matte.

On the bright side- even though it is $50, it's actually a great deal. They give you 30 grams, which is much more than what smashbox gives.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Jels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best bronzer ever! Beautiful colour. Product feels like a primer, very smooth and glides on easily. No shimmer, so it's perfect for contouring. Very expensive but worth the price, and comes with so much product that it will definitely last me a long time. Doesn't leave me muddy looking like a bronzing powder does when I apply it on top of my foundation. Just mixes perfectly with my foundation. Apply with a synthetic foundation brush, I tried using a fluffy hair powder brush and ended up messing it up with stray hairs that fell off my brush and into the container. I have super oily skin, and doesn't break me out either. Love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by kapapathanasiou2002

This is my favourite make up base!I use it all year round,during winter mixed with my moisturizer so it gives me a soft sun kissed touch and in summertime,that i use total sunblock for my face,as it is so that my face/neck has the same color with my body.I have combination skin and this product does not feel greasy even in hot greek summer temperatures!I even think that it has a light covering effect and as i dont like heavy coverage on daily basis,this bronzer, plus concealer and blush and i'm off to work!It is not cheal ,but it' worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only bronzer I will ever use. Period. Perfect color, perfect texture, wears like a dream and luminous without a hint of sparkle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Trumpet sound: Holy Grail for real. I'm on my 2nd jar and I use this literaly every single day. Let me tell you, since I purchased this I stopped using foundation. I don't wear it anymore, the bronzer has replaced it. I apply it with MAC big stippling brush and that's that. It looks natural and with foundation I never had that feeling. After applying the bronzer, I contour, apply blush and highlighter (see my reviews for Benefit highlighter) and that's it for my face. It looks fantastic, I cannot rave enough. Think it's expensive? This jar last you sooo long so do the maths. My absolute staple for my everyday look ! Update 14/11/2012: I'm on my 3rd or 4th jar (can't remember) and still loving it !! Update 12/02/2013: I just started a new jar and I'm absolutely still using this every day.The jar last so long, I was excited to buy a new one at the Chanel counter.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by blondex199667

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never owned a bronzer before this one. All of the ones I looked at were either too shimmery or too orangey. Plus I've seen so many victims of bad bronzing it sort of scared me off. But after seeing all the rave reviews on YouTube, I decided to give this one a try. It was out of stock nationwide for a few months, but Bloomies got it back a few weeks ago.
To begin with, the packaging is very chic, as you would expect. It may not be easy to travel with, but it has to be wide or you wouldn't be able to properly swirl your brush over the surface. It does indeed have a nice, apricot smell which is rather intense.
When you use this bronzer, you HAVE to use a brush. I use the Sephora slanted contour brush which works very well. You can control the level of product very precisely and the color is sublime- somehow it would look perfect on almost any skin color.
My only caution about this, other than the preposterous price, is that it really does dry to a very matte, slightly powdery finish.
All in all, this is a beautifully crafted product. A must-try if you use bronzer and can stomach the price ($48US).

EDIT: This product transfers like crazy! Be really careful applying it or it will be all over your collar/clothes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by amberlynnbg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best bronzer, if not the best make-up product I've ever tried! Yes, it's expensive, but it's also worth the money. The quality is excellent--- a little goes a long way, and I've been using mine for over 2 months every single day and there's barely a dent in it. Gorgeous gorgeous color, and this is coming from someone who loves bronzer and has tried many different kinds out there. Easy to blend (I use a Mac 188, but I think a contour brush would work best). Personally I like this better than the cult favorite Nars Laguna, but if it came in a powder version I'd probably like it even more. All in all, a perfect product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by pocahontas29

Ive had this bronzer for over 3 yrs now and been using it non stop day and night, it IS just as amazing as all the reviews suggest. i bought mine soon after seeing it used again and again on pixiwoo. it gives you a subtle glow in the summer and just looks very natural. Its a creamy consistancy in a tub ,sometimes when i want it to last and be a little deeper for contouring for example i will brush a little hoola by benefit over the top to help it set and last. As i have said i have been using this bronzer for well over 3 years now...and even though i have hit the bottom of the tub I am nowhere near needing a new one yet! yes it is pricey however well worth the money... if it cost a little more i would still pay for this product..it really is that good....HOWEVER...i have noticed, that at summer time when everyone is more naturally tan and warmer in complexion this bronzer does wonders to accentuate the natural glow...wintertime however...u DO get a slight orange tinge :( however its not too bad, i still use it in winter...and i'll DEF be buying this product again..however i AM on a lookout for a more winter friendly bronzer..currently i have my eye on the NARS cult laguna! will leave a review once it arrives in a couple days :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by marisamakeup18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a great product ! Of course this is expensive, but it is well worth the price ! You get a lot of product in here, the packaging is great and so is product inside. This is the best bronzer that I have ever used hands down. It gives such a NATURAL contour to your face it is unbelievable. The second that I applied this is looked amazing and so natural, like it was part of my real face. It is amazing and I cant say enough good things about this product ! Defffff worth the splurge !!!!!