Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

on 9/9/2012 4:00:00 AM

What can i say that hasn't already been said? I debated so long befoe buying this, i'm a frequent fake tan user so i was sceptical about whether this would actually show up enough on my skin to make a difference to my contouring technique. However it does just that, it's a lovely formula, cream is so much wearing than powder. You get 30 grams, almost 3x that of mac and 4 x bobbi brown! The packaging is beautiful and i got a few samples when purchasing which i also love, hydramax range. I use a MAC 168 brush to apply to the hollows of my cheeks, under my jawline and my temples and it gives me a gorgeous natural sunkissed glow and a gorgeous contour. I'm really pleased with this and will probably buy again if/when i run out! Which wont be forever seeing as you get so much product. Much better than mac mineralize or bobbi brown bronzers in my opinion, not tried nars laguna however, and probably wont now after loving this so much!

on 8/31/2012 5:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Im fairly pale (BB Sand, Clinique Alabaster-Ivory, MAC NC15-20), with combo skin. I apply this cream bronzer with a RT powder brush or RT blush brush (tip: use a synthetic brush)
Pros: Cream bronzer that dries to a luminous moisturised appearance that doesnt look greasy, looks flattering on paler skins, expensive but will LAST a long time, non-shimmery, container is *very* accessible.
Cons: Difficult to learn how to apply at first
Verdict: Really like this as an alternative to my HG Bobbi Brown bronzer, freshens my look up and great to contour. Will buy again

this for me is too hard to work with. i have owned it for a while and i am not reaching for it. maybe i am not skilled enough to use this to its full potential. i tried many different brushes but still it is difficult for me to blend it onto my skin. i am a powder bronzer girl i guess. i tried using this under foundation, over foundation, by itself...just cannot get it to work. the color looks ok on me. i will give an update if i ever figure this out.

on 7/27/2012 1:10:00 AM

I am in love with this product! This bronzer is so creamy and rich and blends perfectly.

You can really build this bronzer up or use the tiniest amount for simple contouring.

I use a contouring brush when I apply this product and I really buff it in and when I am done I use my foundation brush (with left over foundation on it) to help blend the look together.

I love the texture. I love the smell. I take this bronzer with me wherever I go!

on 7/15/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great cream bronzer but it's not an absolute must have for me. Since it's a cream I think it's only best for normal to combination and dry skin types. The color is not exactly universal and only works for lighter skin tones. I am an NC 25ish and this bronzer gives me the slightest tan look. The color is not buildable and I'm pretty sure won't show up on darker skin tones. It is also more of a peachy bronze color so it might show up orange on some people. It doesn't show up orange on my, but I can definitely tell that it's not as bronzey as my Nars Laguna.

The product itself is a cream but it is rather hard and densely packed so you're going to need a stiff, dense brush to pick up product. I don't like swirling my brush in a creamy product and I got tired of having to wash my brush all the time so I went from using a MAC 109 contour brush (which was perfect for the job, by the way) to just using my fingers. The fragrance is blessedly very light and pleasant. This is a very nice bronzer if you've got the right skin type and coloring, but it is not a Holy Grail for me, simply because I find powder bronzers easier and more versatile.

on 7/8/2012 2:04:00 AM

Love this so much. It gives me the most realistic bronze glow and it smells so good. I use it to contour in the winter and to bronze in the summer.

on 6/26/2012 10:06:00 AM

This is my favorite bronzer of all time. The finish is so natural and flattering. Nars Laguna is nice but I like the flat finish of this one better. To apply, I use a large fluffy (but somewhat dense) brush. My summer routine is BB cream, Soleil tan de Chanel on cheek bones, nose and sides of forehead and then a touch of cheek tint. Lovely and natural looking.

When I first bought this, I didn't like this product at all. I didn't know how to use it. Now, it is my HG product, and I use it everyday. I am VERY pale, like so pale that most foundations aren't light enough to make match me. I use this in combination with the new Chanel foundation to give my face more definition. I apply it using a large puff brush, and I bounce the brush in the product, then swirl it on my hand. I then apply the product from my hand to all around my face, my cheek bones, and my neck. I also apply regular foundation to my under eyes, chin, and forehead. The effect of this bronzer is very subtle, but it makes my cheeks and my features pop. I then apply a bright blush to my cheek bones. This is a great product and worth the price. The trick to using it is to use it very sparingly, especially if you are very light skinned :)

on 5/24/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wonderful product, can use it several different ways. It even looks great as a blush. I have rosacea and this is the only bronzer that I can use without it aggravating the problem. Gives such a nice glow to the skin, looks very natural. Some people who are olive toned and darker have complained that it doesn't show up enough or some have said that it looks orange. It doesn't for me and I'm fair so be cautious when buying this. I would go to your neighborhood Chanel counter and have them apply it, walk around the store, go outside, you will know if it looks natural or not. And if you get that glowing/bronzed look that you're trying to achieve than go for it! You will not be disappointed. And you can use this all year long not just summer time. It's well worth the price.

on 5/22/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this to look tanned over some of the lighter( bought by mistake) bb creams that I have.I wanted a cream version so that powder will not hinder the dewy look that bb creams give. Alas, the bronzer is not for medium-dark or olive skin tones as it does not give a bronzed look but looks more red or pinkish. I have medium to light dark skin tone.This bronzer works best on light-medium skin tones. I have been using the estee lauder soft matte bronzer( which is a powder form) but it does not give the powdery matte look and evens out the light look of the bb cream and gives a light olive or bronze glow that I am loving currently.Also, I think the Chanel Bronzer is overpriced, but maybe for light to medium skin toned women (or men), it is worth the price?

Popular Bronzers