August 30, 2014 | 915 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by misseskelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing RAVE reviews on this product, I figured I'd give it a try. The price was right and the packaging was reasonable so I was sold. However, I WAS NOT expecting what I received. The shampoo was overly soapy (you know when you feel as if you can't get all of the bubbles out) and the conditioner felt like snail slime. Seriously, like SLIME. I got over it since my hair appeared to be soft-ish. But when I got out of the shower my hair was so hard to comb through and when I finished blow drying it looked so messy and brittle. I had just got my hair back on track and now I feel as if I need to take two steps back. Needless to say I was bummed out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in conjunction with the matching shampoo and leave in conditioner. I used to be a hair product snob, but no more. I had lifted my hair 5 levels w/40 volume peroxide and then went back and did foil hi-lites with bleach and many of them at that. This system brought my hair back to life and as good or better than going with the prestige brands found in your better salons. You know, where every product cost upwards of 30 and 40 bucks. I wish they would come out with skincare and makeup line under their same quality/price ratio. I love most anything by Dove. It's come a long way in recent decades/years.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by EhaileyS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this stuff!! it does wonderful things to my hair it leaves it shiley and healthy. it doesnt wiegh it down, and i have been using it for about a mounth now

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmomma

I just reviewed the nourishing oil conditioner by Dove and also gave that a 5. Both of these products are amazing and have far surpassed any of the high end expensive shampoos and conditioners I have used. My hair is thick and tangly and these products have made it softer, less tangled and more beautiful than I have ever seen from any other product I have used. I am so shocked by this given the price, you would not expect it to preform better than the pricey products but it does. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

love how this conditioner makes my hair feel, ive damaged my hair due to dying and bleaching and this REALLY does nourish my hair and it does moisturise it, ive tried many expensive conditioners but nothing mounts up to this little beauty!! For the price u really cant go wrong. TRY if you want soft silky beautiful smelling hair. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this product for awhile. I noticed it worked for the first week, then started to make my hair looks greasy in spots, then caused a lot of buildup. I would then use a clarifying shampoo and go through the cycle again.
This is okay, I am guessing it's full of silicones and waxes because of the build up. This never helped my hairs dryness, it just seemed to cover it up with buildup. I have since switched to a new shampoo and conditioner and my hair has grown way more and stopped breaking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I think it's an average conditioner. It's creamy and helps to soften my hair, but hair is still quite dry and frizzy after using the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such great quality and so inexpensive. This conditioner is deep, thick, and repairing. Even after the worst mishaps, this will bounce my hair back to normal. It always manages to make my hair soft. Although this doesn't have the most natural of ingredients (which is a bit disappointing), it does what it promises. I'm not sure about it helping split ends, but it does everything else that I look for in a conditioner. I'm only worried about residue possibly being left behind, but any clarifying shampoo will solve that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

makes my hair look shinier and more healthy, not miracle worker,but better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been buying $20 conditioners and go figure, it has been Dove that has made a conditioner that really does something for my hair. It all started with a sample packet I got in the mail.... that I didn't bother using for months. Then I used it. It convinced me to buy a bottle. I now have bought several bottle and I have expensive conditioner just sitting in my shower that only gets used on occasion to switch it up a little.

This conditioner is thick.... it coats my hair, seems to really penetrate. It may leave a little coating behind but that actually works when you have really dry damaged hair. It seals it off and prevents split ends from showing and a lot of frizz from happening. I even have quite fine hair and I still love this conditioner even if it is on the heavier side.

My hair has looked a lot healthier since I started using this. I never thought I would say that again about a drugstore conditioner. I've gone through a couple bottles and will continue to repurchase. And I looooove that I can get a big old bottle for like 5 bucks.