September 21, 2014 | 1995 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This is everything I need in a conditioner. I have oily roots and damaged ends due to heat styling and bleaching my hair. My hair is on the longer side, so it also tangles very easily. I need a thick conditioner to really sink into my hair to make it soft and manageable, but so many conditioners like this weigh my hair down and make even my ends greasy.
But this conditioner is perfect. I apply it to only the bottom half of my hair after every shampoo, and it has never made my hair stringy. It is very thick, so I don't use much, and I always let it sit for about 1-2 minutes before rinsing. It really coats my hair, and it takes a while to rinse out, but the results are amazing. True to its claims, my hair feels softer, smoother, and stronger when I use this. It also completely detangles my hair, which is great.
The smell is nothing special -- just a soapy, clean scent -- but it won't compete with any nice smelling shampoos you have. I love that the cap of the bottle is on the bottom, so squeezing this out is always easy.
I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I tried this out! I have a feeling the matching shampoo would be way too moisturizing for my oily roots, but I'll definitely be picking this product up again, along with some other Dove hair care products to try out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this conditioner. I have long oily roots/dry ends high/low lights hair type. First off the smell is amazing, it is a bit perfumey & lingers for anyone wondering. This is ultra moisturizing, it feels like a treatment each time you use it. I rotate my shampoo & conditioners so I do not use this daily. This would be too moisturizing to use every day on long stringy hair, but I love it. It doesn't make my hair feel weighed down, but you can tell it's thicker than your average conditioner and its hard to get voluminous style when you use a therapy treatment conditioner like this one. I don't know if it has helped split ends because I do rotate products, but this really quenches dry, damaged hair. Sometimes I use this conditioner as a deep conditioner and put a bag on my head for 30 min. Leaves your hair soft, moisturized, & helps to tame frizz & flyaways. Love it. You must try! I buy it at dollar general for about $3 a bottle. Rivals high end conditioners for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by misseskelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing RAVE reviews on this product, I figured I'd give it a try. The price was right and the packaging was reasonable so I was sold. However, I WAS NOT expecting what I received. The shampoo was overly soapy (you know when you feel as if you can't get all of the bubbles out) and the conditioner felt like snail slime. Seriously, like SLIME. I got over it since my hair appeared to be soft-ish. But when I got out of the shower my hair was so hard to comb through and when I finished blow drying it looked so messy and brittle. I had just got my hair back on track and now I feel as if I need to take two steps back. Needless to say I was bummed out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in conjunction with the matching shampoo and leave in conditioner. I used to be a hair product snob, but no more. I had lifted my hair 5 levels w/40 volume peroxide and then went back and did foil hi-lites with bleach and many of them at that. This system brought my hair back to life and as good or better than going with the prestige brands found in your better salons. You know, where every product cost upwards of 30 and 40 bucks. I wish they would come out with skincare and makeup line under their same quality/price ratio. I love most anything by Dove. It's come a long way in recent decades/years.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by EhaileyS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this stuff!! it does wonderful things to my hair it leaves it shiley and healthy. it doesnt wiegh it down, and i have been using it for about a mounth now

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmomma

I just reviewed the nourishing oil conditioner by Dove and also gave that a 5. Both of these products are amazing and have far surpassed any of the high end expensive shampoos and conditioners I have used. My hair is thick and tangly and these products have made it softer, less tangled and more beautiful than I have ever seen from any other product I have used. I am so shocked by this given the price, you would not expect it to preform better than the pricey products but it does. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

love how this conditioner makes my hair feel, ive damaged my hair due to dying and bleaching and this REALLY does nourish my hair and it does moisturise it, ive tried many expensive conditioners but nothing mounts up to this little beauty!! For the price u really cant go wrong. TRY if you want soft silky beautiful smelling hair. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this product for awhile. I noticed it worked for the first week, then started to make my hair looks greasy in spots, then caused a lot of buildup. I would then use a clarifying shampoo and go through the cycle again.
This is okay, I am guessing it's full of silicones and waxes because of the build up. This never helped my hairs dryness, it just seemed to cover it up with buildup. I have since switched to a new shampoo and conditioner and my hair has grown way more and stopped breaking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I think it's an average conditioner. It's creamy and helps to soften my hair, but hair is still quite dry and frizzy after using the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such great quality and so inexpensive. This conditioner is deep, thick, and repairing. Even after the worst mishaps, this will bounce my hair back to normal. It always manages to make my hair soft. Although this doesn't have the most natural of ingredients (which is a bit disappointing), it does what it promises. I'm not sure about it helping split ends, but it does everything else that I look for in a conditioner. I'm only worried about residue possibly being left behind, but any clarifying shampoo will solve that.