NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

I prefer this to UD's for several reasons.
UDPP dries out my eyelids and makes the shadow look crepey after awhile, if not immediately.
Yes, this is quite oily and does require time to sink in / dry prior to applying shadow, but it's worth the change in routine to me.
For $7 vs. $20 it's definitely a superior product. Makes shadow colors pop and helps with creasing.

Cheap and effective! NYX does it again!

Price: $11 CAD
Texture: very thin , translucent
Finish: natural sheen, kinda

It really grabs onto the eyeshadows and give them vibrancy and lasting power. I have oily eyelids and this definitely keeps the eyeshadows on for the entire day and even through the night as well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is 100% comparable to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It is definitely a more budget friendly alternative.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Y'all, this is my jam! I bought this on a whim, and it's incredible. My eyeshadow stays all day, and into the night (if I don't have a chance to head home and put on a night look), with no creasing or slipping. If you're looking for a great eyeshadow primer and don't want to spend a lot of money, this is for you!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Product keeps my eyeshadow on, but if I touch it while it's still sticky, it will come off. Otherwise my eyeshadow stays on until the end of the day, and even when I try to wipe it off with water. It needs a facial cleanser to remove it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have used the UDPP sample size prior to purchasing this.
I paid USD9 for this and the quality is terrible!!!!. It's so oily and it's really a pain to apply it and to wait for it to dry. Drying time takes about 5 minutes (feels so much longer when i'm in a rush during mornings!)

When applying eyeshadows from my UD Naked palette, the shadows apply similar to when using on top of UDPP, color payoff is also similiar, I blend the shadows together without a problem. 3 hours later, what a huge letdown when I check in the mirror. The beautiful colors have now turned dull and cakey. I face the computer the whole day and when i yawn, i do tear occasionally. With UDPP, there was no problem. With this, i even see patches after the tears have dried. So bummed out because it really spoils the beautiful colors of the UD eyeshadows.

I tried this out for a whole week before writing this review. Will definitely not repurchase this lousy product and will try TFSI next.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for months and let me start off by saying I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW PRIMER! I have super oily eyelids and didn't think anything could top my Urban Decay Primer Potion, but I was wrong. My eyeshadow lasts hours with this on! I'll put it on at 7:00 am and before taking off my makeup at 9 pm my eyeshadow will still look flawless. The consistency isn't very thick and it feels a little oily, but after blending it that consistency goes away. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging; I wish it came in a squeeze tube so I could get every last drop of the stuff! This is my HG eyeshadow primer; it's affordable, blends easily, makes eyeshadows last forever, and brings out the true color intensity of my eyeshadow (more so than with UD Primer Potion)! This gets five lippys from me!

The liquid and oily texture does help eyeshadow show up better, but it feels kinda gross on my eyelids. I guess you could simply use a lotion to achieve the same effect.
Not a necessary makeup item in my opinion. This primer sometimes makes the eyeshadow look cakey due to its runny texture. Might as well apply liquid foundation on eyelids and skip the eye primer altogether.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The first time I used this product, I hated it. I had waited about a minute for it to dry, then put my beloved NYX Aloha over it. Awful! It caked and I thought, what a waste of a few dollars. The second time, I applied the eye primer, then my BB cream, concealer, Tarte cheek stain and powder, then I got dressed, got my coffee, then came back up to do my eyes. That time, everything went on like a dream. I used the wet n wild palette in petal pusher, so its not like I went from NYX to high end shadow, I am giving this 3 lippies. A more patient woman would give it 4. It's cheap, it does what it's supposed to do, but takes FOREVER to dry.

PROS:
- cheap
- eye shadow applies and blends well
- no creasing
- no eyeshadow fading
CONS
- takes FOREVER to dry!

This product got such great reviews, I was so excited to try it for myself.
The consistency is thin and slippery, and it takes forever to dry on my lids...making them crease and feel greasy. I love NYX products so I am a little let down by this. I thought it might just be the tube I got, but when I received my Dark Shadows palette, I had the same experience.