August 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the problem with this product is that it doesn't really work with light colors. overall, it's good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by jnbaisden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eye shadow base is wonderful! I don't wear eye shadow often, and I didn't want to spend big bucks on UDPP or TFSI knowing I wouldn't use it regularly. I decided to try this product based on reviews, and this stuff is just as great! I was skeptical upon applying it considering it was a tad bit oily in consistency, but I had no issues with creasing all day! I applied to my lids, let it dry for about a minute, then applied my shadows. I have dark, NC50 skin, and this primer absorbs nicely and transparently onto the skin and keeps my eye shadow in place all day! The price point and availability (I bought mine at Ulta) is wonderful as well! My hunt for a great eye primer is over!!! I will definitely purchase this again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was given this by a friend who bought one for herself and loved it and knew I was looking for a new eye primer to replace the mineral one I had been using from an independent maker on etsy. It's worked OK for me, though I have a hard time getting colors that would otherwise blend beautifully to blend at all and not look blotchy. I will say that staying power with this is fantastic, and colors do look very bright. After reading another review I tried it as a primer for under eye concealer and it works really well for that. I don't know that I would go out and buy this for myself once I run out, but I can't complain too much about something I was given.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i didn't have any issues with fading or creasing when i used this, but i cannot get over its slimy texture, so i'm going back to NARS. it's not a total loss though, this is a fantastic undereye primer for concealer. that said, i'm still not sure that i'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by GiuliaBandanza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So i bought this eyeshadow primer because i started getting into more eyeshadows (before i was solely a liner chick) at first i didn't really understand what all the rave was about (not particularly this product but shadow primers in general) So when i first started using this, i applied it right... it's just that... it caused my eyeshadows to anti-blend. I don't really know how to describe it... it's almost like it was TOO sticky (not goopy just that my eyeshadows would barely shift at all) and for a girl who loves her smokey blended looks... this just wasn't my primer. I also have the benefit primer which is AMAZING when it comes to concealer bases and yes i'd also say eyeshadows... so then i tried a couple different ways to experiment with this one because i couldn't bring myself to return it. So i have this kind of oily cream eyeshadow in a neutral skin tone by revlon... i find when i layer this over the primer any color i put on top is much brighter and lasts longer... i guess it just depends on what i layer on over it... and also getting the right consistency. i'm glad i could make this work in the end... but i think there are better primers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First, I must comment that I recently bought my second tube of this, and I think the formula's changed. I pulled out my old one and compare the 2, and there are some differences. First, the new wand is black instead of white. Also, the product seems thinner, not as pigmented, and takes longer to dry on the lid. But, believe it or not, these changes are for the better. Now it really is IDENTICAL to UDPP. Before I always thought the formula was too thick and almost pigmented like a concealer for it to be an exact dupe, but not anymore! Great stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by fafarella

This eyeshadow base works wonders though it can't be compared to Urban Decay's Eye Primer Potion. Absolutely no creasing with this and makes my eyeshadow lasts the whole day, even the cheap ones. It makes the eyeshadow colors vivid and vibrant which is amazing but this definitely doesn't waterproof the eyeshadow. The color will slide off if you get caught in the rain, splash your face with water but spritzing mists is fine. Overall, i love it as it's not too pricey and just a little is enough thus it's value for money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Frouwke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Was very happy to read the positive reviews: finally, a base for me! But nope. As vivid as the colours are when I apply, after an hour the intensity is gone and after 2 hours there's creasing. I don't have overly greasy eyelids, just hooded, so I'm very disappointed. Definitely not buying again and back on the look-out for a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by chunligirl

There was a sale at Ulta and I ended up picking up this base for about $3.00 after coupons/discounts.

I personally like it. It is not as tacky as UDPP but works just as well. My lids are not too oily but there was no creasing with this primer at all and I generally wear my makeup for at least 8+ hours when I go out about time.

Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this base,it works well for me. Even though I have oily eyelids it does keep my shadow from creasing all day! At $7.00 it was well worth it! It's not too dry or too wet :) i only gave it 4 lipsticks because I am sure there are even better primers out there that I have yet to try! i would reccomend this and repurchase :)