Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

on 2/19/2014 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh my gosh! I have no idea how I lived without this brush. It is perfect, absolutely perfect. To be fair though, previously I used to only use triangle sponges, my fingers, or a paddle brush (followed by a wet triangle sponge to blend) to apply my foundation. Now that I started using this brush though, I don't think I could ever go back.
At first I couldn't get even coverage, but I realized I was actually moving too slowly for my foundation (which dries quicker than I expected). So a rapid stippling motion in small circles turned out to be the best way to get my foundation onto my skin flawlessly.
I had a "stippling brush" before, but the bristles were all wrong. It works much better as a flat-top blending brush. The difference from that brush to this one is that the Real Techniques stippling brush has longer stiffer bristles that create little dots all over your face. It creates an almost pixel-like effect on your face.
The brush is also a wonderful size,where some are too small (better for cream blushes or bronzers) and some are far too large (not lending itself to smooth pixels). This falls somewhere in the middle, perfect for control and surface coverage at the same time.

on 2/13/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, let me just start of by saying that I don't know how I made it this far in life without this. Simply brilliant! I'm not a foundation user, I only ever use TM's or BB creams with blush/bronzer on top, and I used to just smear it on with my fingers. On a beautyblog I frequently read someone was raving about stippling brushes, and as I liked the way it sounded I went and did my research. This seemed to be THE stippling brush so when I came across a webshop here in the Netherlands which sold this I jumped on the ordering wagon. No looking back since! I love how this blends in the make-up, making it look flawless. I even use it to do the blush, powder or cream, doesn't matter! What I also love is that Samantha has done all these little clips on how to use them, perfect for someone who was clueless about how to use make-up brushes.I will not only rebuy when lost (nooooooo! heaven forbid!!) but I will purchase at least another one just to be sure I'm never ever without, that's how much I love it. HG!!!

on 2/5/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Great brush, however after a month it started to shed..I really hope it's a fluke, I got another really cheap at ulta so Im hoping it wont happen again because aside from that, I love it

on 1/26/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy cow! The best brushes I have ever used! I own the big powder brush, blush brush and the duo fibre set and it honestly is the best. Makes makeup application a dream and applies everything so evenly. Definitely worth the price and will last a long time, just make sure you take care of them and wash them properly. I like to use cool/slightly warm water and antibacterial hand wash mixed with sorbelene cream. I've had them for months and no shedding at all :)

on 1/11/2014 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

i've been following the Chapman sisters and Tanya Burr on youtube for a while and when i heard about Real Technique brushes i felt like i just have to get my hands on them.

I bought the stippling brush for $18.39 (in Australia) and i'm quite happy with what i got....... but i just wish it would be a bit cheaper

the bristles feel super soft on my skin and I've not experience any shedding at all. ( I clean all my brushes with warm water and baby shampoo, and see that the water never gets into the ferrules )

The stippling brush work best for something with light texture like BB cream or sheer-medium liquid foundation ( which is what i use on a daily basis) ...... so you might wanna get other face brushes for, say, cream foundation with full coverage.

on 1/9/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

this brush is amazing with my nars liquid foundation (gobi). my foundation looked all cakes and sort of flat but not anymore. the coverage is perfect and the brush is durable. I've also used it with a highlighter and it was again spot on. I will be purchasing more brushes in this range in future!

on 1/6/2014 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this brush for contouring and blush. I do not use it for foundations as I prefer a more dense brush for that

This brush is really soft and it does not shed. It is not very dense. My only complaint is that it is on the smaller side, however that is one thing that makes it work well for contouring.

The base of the brush being able to "stand on its own" means nothing to me because I keep my brushes in a cup, but Sam uses that as a selling point.

I do find it funny that when Sam does tutorials for this brush she uses it in the exact same was as her expert face brush, though this is a "stippling" brush and generally while stippling there is a much lighter, almost "patting" motion used....?

Anways, I would buy this again. The price is incredible

on 1/3/2014 8:32:00 AM

This is a great brush at an even greater price point. The tightly packed synthetic bristles are great for liquid foundation (Revlon ColorStay, Bourjous Healthy Mix, Chanel Vitalumiere, Shu Uemura Face Architect). What I like to do is start from my nose and work outwards to cover my face. I use the brush in a circular movement, working quickly so the foundation doesn't streak.

To clean this brush, I start with a dry-to-wet method. With the dry brush, I get a pea-sized dollop of sulphate-free shampoo and rub it into the brush fibres. This will begin to disintegrate the remnants of dry liquid foundation. After a couple minutes of rubbing, I will then dunk the brush in lukewarm water, and swirl it about loosening any further debris. Repeat this process in clean water until it begins to run clear and voila! Clean brush.

on 12/31/2013 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This brush is amazing! I use it to blend my foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer. On every occasion each product blends smoothly with the brush and wears like skin. Getting more coverage in specific areas is easy with the brush because of its stippling power. The only problem I have had with the brush is that after a few months I have been getting horrible fall out from it. I don't know why after hundreds of washes and uses but that is my only criticism.

on 12/27/2013 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this stipling brush. So much so that I've gone out and bought more brushes from this line.

It does everything you need it to, and it doesn't shed like other brushes.

I think the brush is just as good quality as the MAC range of brushes, so I'm very happy,

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products