November 27, 2014 | 1210 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by cocorawr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love that it stands on its handle. It's super soft and perfectly cut for blush/bronzer. Washes well, no shedding, love the colors--there are no complaints about this brush! Even the price is unbeatable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush!

I prefer synthetic brush as most natural hair ones really hurt my skin. It got sensitive overtime from treatments and gets hurt easily from natural ones, like MAC. Even not all synthetic ones are soft enough for me. This is perfect. As soft as a bunny's tail.

This brush I find also *very* versatile. I can use this for blush (perfect for me as I prefer building up color), contour, powder, mineral powder (even the tenacious one and tricky to blend like Lucy Minerals). I haven't tried it with liquid or cream foundation, though.

I still love my Buffing Brush and Contour Brush from the Core Collection, but basically, I can just take this with me if I can only bring 1 face brush out.

It cleans very easy and dries very quick and I haven't experienced shedding. *knocks on woods*

I'm just not too fond of the wide bottom of the handle as storage, makes storage tricky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this blush brush! It's inexpensive, so soft, and can be used to precisely apply blush just where I want it. I appreciate that it isn't too big and fluffy so I can control how much blush I apply and where it goes on my face. I own several blush brushes but this is one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Haley0687

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Someone recently broke into my vehicle and stole all my luggage while on vacation, including my three makeup bags. I made a quick trip to ulta to try to buy some of the essentials, including this powder brush. I really can't stand it! Something about these bristles poke me in the face and when I'm done it feels like my face is bleeding from billions of microscopic cuts. It's seriously horrible. Before I had all the Ecotools brushes (which I loved even more so than Mac..and ulta happened to be out of) and was expecting these to be somewhat the same since they were about the same price. Big negative. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Unwoundfantasy

So so soft, and the angling of the brushes allows a lot of control over how much product you pick up. I do find it to be a bit on the big side for blush, but as an all over face or setting brush it's beyond perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jade3399

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this brush at Ulta. The price was spectacular. The bristles are so soft and when you swirl the brush in your brush, it lays the blush perfectly and even. I also use for highlighting too. I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Mellaaayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great quality for a great price, what else does a makeup lover want? Great for cream and powder blushes, you can even use it as a powder brush. The way it's shaped is just awesome. It hugs the curves of your face, the bristles are soft, and cute packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

The best blush brush I have ever owned. Gives the right amount of pigment onto cheeks. Soft as heck. It is also pretty to. A must have for a brush collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

My favorite blush brush! It's is so inexpensive and the quality is great. They are so easy to clean, after washing it multiple times the bristles remain intact and I have yet to see it shed. The quality of this brush is superb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by LadyKolie

I didn't get this brush for Blush. I got it for applying powder foundation. I really stand by This Real Techniques brush and here is why:

I Prefer powder foundation because of my oily skin. I prefer to sweep powder on in even downward strokes rather than Buff foundation in. I found with my skin the Buffing action really irritates my sensitive skin and cause me to break out from exfoliation from the brush fibers.

I think regardless of the inexpensive price (which is fantastic) This brush's shape, ability to provide even coverage, and quality even as a synthetic fiber, is honestly unmatched by many of the brushes I have tried. It exceeds my expectations.

Shu uemura 18R brush is the prefect shape for applying even powder foundation all over my face. And I am Really into natural hair brushes, but since I picked up Hakuhodo for my self over christmas, I found the 18r to be well... scratchy, I have rather sensitive skin. At the time, I hadn't found a brush that worked as well. I picked up at Haku 109 which looked online to be the same, but once in person and washed, oh dear god no, not the same at all. 109 is a GREAT brush, stupid soft, but better for applying a finishing powder rather than evenly applying a powder foundation (in my opinion).

I then found someone to swap with me and I picked up the Shu 18 in Black not red. A little softer. I think the red dye really dries out the brush. But still not the kind of comfort I was looking for on my baby skin, but much more comfortable that the 18Red.

So recently at ulta, I gave into getting the Real techniques Blush brush, because it is the same shape. Not the biggest fan of synthetics honestly... but I have rather liked the few brushes I have from the Real Techniques line so I thought I would give it a try. Honestly my impression, I am amazed. It's far more comfortable on my skin than the Shu, WAY less expensive, and I got the exact application I was looking for. It gives me the same finish as my Shu 18r but with out the discomfort. I strong recommend this brush for someone looking for a similar application.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No