Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

One of my favorite blush brushes in my collection - it is super soft, picks up a lot of product, and gives good coverage. My only complaint is that it is a bit large and sometimes takes up/covers my whole cheek area rather than just the apples of my cheeks. It can also be used to apply finishing powders, like MUFE HD or TooFaced Primed & Poreless.

on 10/28/2013 12:29:00 AM

I've never given out a 5+ rating on this site before. These brushes are INCREDIBLE! I own Sigma brushes that shed all the time. Real Techniques are brushes you can find in the drugstore. Not only are they fabulously well made, they are so well priced! I love the quality! I've owned a number of these brushes for over a year now; none of them shed whatsoever. I'm truly impressed. Will always repurchase along the way!

on 10/27/2013 10:43:00 PM

This is the best and favorite brush for blending out powder products , i use it for my bronzer ,( nyc sunny) its the best for getting that tanned look

on 10/24/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This seems to be a very controversial brush. It either works for you or it doesn't. I might have figured this out a bit. If you have a thin face, narrow face, small face or very high cheek bones, this is not the blush brush for you. It is large and domed. I have been pretty happy with my angled blush brushes but I picked this up recently at Ulta. I have a somewhat wide face with a lot of cheek area and I like my blush to apply lightly and blend out softly. I will use this blush with my more pigmented products and when I want a light application. It is very soft and takes some practice to use it effectively. I would certainly rebuy if I lost it. I almost shelled out for an expensive Japanese yashiro shaped blush brush. Don't need it now.

on 10/16/2013 11:19:00 AM

I love this brush. It is very pleasant and soft to the skin, it has a good shape for applying blush or to make contouring. I don't find it too big as some people say, I swipe just the tip of the brush on the blush and then when I apply it on the cheeks the shorter clean bristles are blending the blush perfectly. I personally never had problems to pick up as much pigment as I needed. It didn't shed even one bristle after washing. The handle is very comfortable to hold. I believe it is a good value for money.

on 10/13/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is an interestingly shaped brush that gives me more aesthetic appeal in comparison to technical appeal. However, I cannot deny that it gives me much pleasure to use this brush for blush, bronzer, or powder.

To be fair, it's use for blush is more complicated than meets the eye. The shape renders it's inability to pick up pigment over an uneven body of blush (Example: Nyx blush when it's new) nor does it enjoy picking up the pigments of a harder baked blush (Chanel JC's), but there are other blushes that it will work with that I use when I can attempt using this brush.

If you swipe once on a blush, it picks up very little pigment and deposits a little. I usually need multiple swipes, unless for pigmented blush. (Nars Exhibit A)

It is great for powder or bronzer, despite it not being used for those purposes, but honestly, labels are just that on brushes now. A label. You needn't use it for it's exact purpose (because I don't treat any of my other brushes this way, I don't really care about the labels on this one either.)

I cannot compare this brush to the powder brush as I've gifted that away even though I purchased it. That one had more density and less of an 'egg'/rounded shape though.

It is just exciting that I can finally purchase a few of these brushes in a Canadian local store now. Finally!

on 10/9/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This brush is very soft. I think this brush is rubbish for applying blush. I use it to powder my face to set my foundation. This brush is actually quite excellent for applying bronzer cos it's so big! This is a decent brush for its price.

on 10/9/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I was anxious to try the real techniques brushes everyone was raving about. I initially picked up this brush because of the shape. I'm sorry to say that it distributes color horribly and it shedded to boot. I returned it to Ulta.

on 10/7/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this brush for both face powder and blush. It really gets the job and you can't beat the price. I would repurchase.

Real Techniques brushes are fantastic! The blush brush is so soft, the perfect size to contour or give colour to my cheeks. It blends the colour brilliantly and gives the right amount of blush on your cheeks without looking ridiculous like some brushes do. I highly recommend!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products