December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by xannav

bought this cleanser because i was looking for something new and something that is good for my skin. i have combo/dry skin and tend to get dehydrated skin often. i opted for josie marans argan cleansing oil because it had great moisturizing properties.so i purchased it, took it home, used it and at first i loved it, because it made my skin so soft and it left a nice glow. it also has a great citrus-y scent that i lovee! now that i have been using it for about a month i'm not crazy about it anymore. i'm finding that it is leaving my skin tight and dry which is the opposite effect of what it should be doing. oh and the packaging is quite awful as well. it has a nice pump, but if you accidently knock it over the oil will leak everywhere and its a pain to clean!
i wouldnt purchase this again, im going to look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is an effective natural cleanser, but I it's just not right for my combo/oily skin type. Those of you with combo skin know how hard it is to find a balance where your t-zone is not oily but your cheeks aren't too dry. When I use the plain argan oil, I don't feel oiliness unless I use too much (more than a drop or two), but this cleanser leaves a distinct oily film on my face. Additional rinsing does help, but that slightly greasy feeling doesn't go away. I can't leave a layer of oil on my face or my makeup will slide off within ten minutes. This is my first cleansing oil, and I purchased it as part of a set that came with Josie's Argan sunscreen from Sephora for $20.00. I have tried a large range of JM products across the board and really like many of them. I'm saving the rest of the 0.5 ounce bottle to use in the dry winter months before I go to bed; then I'll update my review accordingly. So it's not a bad cleanser at all, it just may be a dry-weather cleanser.

UPDATE 1/3/2013: I've started using this again in the dry weather, especially as I've bought two kits of Josie's products from qvc that included this cleanser. It's still a tad too oily for anything other than cleansing before bed. Even if my skin is dehydrated enough that it doesn't feel greasy directly afterward, it still gets oilier more quickly when I use this, so I can't use it under makeup. It's still a really great cleanser that gets all the grime and makeup out of my pores. Definitely worth using at night, but not a perfect match for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this cleanser. I have very dry, sensitive skin, with an oily t-zone and occasional breakouts. After using this cleanser, my skin feels moisturized but not oily. Some people talk about how this doesn't produce a lot of lather, but that doesn't matter to me. If you have more severe acne, I probably wouldn't recommend this product but for my sensitive skin, it works amazingly. Most cleansers, no matter how gentle they claim to be, cause I kind of tight, burning sensation on my face after a few days of use. I never have experienced that and I have been using this product for about 7 months now.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by MrsKat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I appreciate the natural ingredient list, but didn't like this cleansing oil. It felt too thick and sticky. I think it was too drying and slightly irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I just used up a large sample of this and loved it! It foams nicely, it feels great and really improved my skin. I will buy it again the next time I am in the States since it is a fair bit more here in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by bsullivan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My prescription acne medicine was leaving my face dry, flaky, and I still had breakouts! I have been using this for a few months now followed by the argan oil as a moisturizer. I no longer break out, and my skin appears more even, moisturized, and even "glows". It is pricey and tastes awful if you get it in your mouth, but these are things that I can overlook for great skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Prissbella

It's about time! A cleansing oil without harmful ingredients. That works. Just don't eat it. Works awesome...no breakouts. Semi semi drying on my skin though right now even for being an oil cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this cleansing oil. It was my first attempt at using oil in a cleanser and it doesn't disappoint.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily/combo skin yet this somehow dries out my skin. I use it on a dry face as directed, and it must pull out of the oil- after I use it it my face feels hard and not smooth at all.I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried other cleansing oils in the past but have always been disappointed. Shu Uemura is basically mineral oil, a petrochemcial, with added fragrance, and costs $38-$60. Nude Skincare is all-natural, but it costs $50, and the pump on my bottle broke the second time I used it. At $32, Josie Maran's argan oil cleanser seemed like a less-expensive, all-natural alternative. I've been using it for four weeks now, longer than I've used the other oil cleansers, and I like it. When I apply it to dry skin it feels warm, then I add water and rinse. The only minor complaint that I have is that it feels thicker than other oil cleansers, even after I add water, so it almost feels a little heavy on my skin. But my skin looks good and feels incredibly soft after I use it, and it removes makeup well (I do have to reapply a little bit a second time, with water, and work it over my eyes to remove mascara). I have no breakouts from it, so it is cleaning my face despite the heavy feel. I like the ease and convenience of using it. I still feel $32 is a bit expensive, but I might buy it again because I'm seeing great results with my complexion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No