October 23, 2014 | 1931 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this cleanser. I have very dry, sensitive skin, with an oily t-zone and occasional breakouts. After using this cleanser, my skin feels moisturized but not oily. Some people talk about how this doesn't produce a lot of lather, but that doesn't matter to me. If you have more severe acne, I probably wouldn't recommend this product but for my sensitive skin, it works amazingly. Most cleansers, no matter how gentle they claim to be, cause I kind of tight, burning sensation on my face after a few days of use. I never have experienced that and I have been using this product for about 7 months now.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by MrsKat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I appreciate the natural ingredient list, but didn't like this cleansing oil. It felt too thick and sticky. I think it was too drying and slightly irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I just used up a large sample of this and loved it! It foams nicely, it feels great and really improved my skin. I will buy it again the next time I am in the States since it is a fair bit more here in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by bsullivan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My prescription acne medicine was leaving my face dry, flaky, and I still had breakouts! I have been using this for a few months now followed by the argan oil as a moisturizer. I no longer break out, and my skin appears more even, moisturized, and even "glows". It is pricey and tastes awful if you get it in your mouth, but these are things that I can overlook for great skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Prissbella

It's about time! A cleansing oil without harmful ingredients. That works. Just don't eat it. Works awesome...no breakouts. Semi semi drying on my skin though right now even for being an oil cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this cleansing oil. It was my first attempt at using oil in a cleanser and it doesn't disappoint.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily/combo skin yet this somehow dries out my skin. I use it on a dry face as directed, and it must pull out of the oil- after I use it it my face feels hard and not smooth at all.I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried other cleansing oils in the past but have always been disappointed. Shu Uemura is basically mineral oil, a petrochemcial, with added fragrance, and costs $38-$60. Nude Skincare is all-natural, but it costs $50, and the pump on my bottle broke the second time I used it. At $32, Josie Maran's argan oil cleanser seemed like a less-expensive, all-natural alternative. I've been using it for four weeks now, longer than I've used the other oil cleansers, and I like it. When I apply it to dry skin it feels warm, then I add water and rinse. The only minor complaint that I have is that it feels thicker than other oil cleansers, even after I add water, so it almost feels a little heavy on my skin. But my skin looks good and feels incredibly soft after I use it, and it removes makeup well (I do have to reapply a little bit a second time, with water, and work it over my eyes to remove mascara). I have no breakouts from it, so it is cleaning my face despite the heavy feel. I like the ease and convenience of using it. I still feel $32 is a bit expensive, but I might buy it again because I'm seeing great results with my complexion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of a Josie Maran Kit that I got as a 500 points gift from Sephora. The kit contained a Mascara, Hair Serum, Argan Oil, Gloss and this. I was pretty excited as I loved the brand... Before I used the kit. Apart from the mascara this is probably the worst thing in it.

First of all it's way too greasy. I love oil as a cleanser and currently use Laura Mercier purifying oil - Rich and it's great. But the texture of this one is too thick and it leaves a film of grease on your skin. I actually had to wash it off with soap everytime... What's the point of using a cleanser if it won't work without soap?

I can't comment on the price or the packaging as I didn't pay for them but it's seriously a rip off considering it's a gift you spent 500$ to get.

But the worst thing is the smell. I can't describe it other than by saying it smells like sweet wet popcorn. Seriously it's the image I got everytime I opened that pot. And oh my god, does it linger!!

I will definitely not repurchase and I do not recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to try this cleansing oil, as I am new to the argan oil products, but not new to cleansing oil. So far my favorite cleansing oil has been from Laura Mercier, but I am always trying new things. I have combo skin and have had hormonal breakouts for years. When I tried this oil I had a couple of breakouts and some areas of dry skin. I apply the oil to dry skin then massage with water and rinse. I noticed that it does not take off mascara as well as other cleansing oils and it tastes horrible if you get it on your lips. Other than that, it left my skin soft, took off my makeup (needed a bit of eye makeup remover to get off mascara), and did not break me out more. I ordered this from qvc, as I love their return policy. When I received my first bottle, about 45% leaked out due to the top working incorrectly. When I spoke to CS they sent me a new bottle and said keep the original one. I also like qvc since you can return ANY item, used or not, within 30 days.

Give this a try if you like cleansing oils, but you might need to use an eye makeup remover as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No