December 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Candy Yum-Yum

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

COMPLETLY obsessed with this color. I havent bought it yet because it is aways sold out!! It was put on me when i had my makeup done at
MAC for my birthday. When she put the mirro up to my face. All I said was OH my god I love it! I cant wear to get this and wear it in the summer when Im tan :-) And Im a red head with cool fair skin and I can pull this off amazing! its all about how your other makeup is and your confidence!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was curious to find out why this colour, which has looked hideous in all the photos I've seen of it, had such a madly obsessed following that MAC made it permanent. I figured maybe there was something I was missing. Maybe something wasn't coming across in all the photos I'd seen that showed an obnoxiously bright lipstick that left the wearers' lips looking like "Dry Gulch". So, I decided to try this in-store the other day when I was at the MAC counter. Well, I couldn't get it off quick enough. Now, I'll admit I'm a fair bit conservative when it comes to bright lipsticks - MAC's Impassioned is about as bright as I go (and I'm not even comfortable with that degree of bright pink). But this colour was unattractive....so bright and yet so pasty/chalky looking. And while my lips are not exactly youthful, they're not particularly dry either (well, they are - it's winter and this is Canada - but I take very good care not to let them get dry looking or chapped), this lipstick made them look like glaringly pink prunes (not that prunes are every glaringly pink, but I'm sure you know what I mean).

I'm glad that MAC listened to all those users who love this colour - I really am happy that fans don't have to pay ridiculous prices to purchase on ebay or else hoard their supply, using it only on special occasions. I wish MAC would do that more often (ummm....Moth Brown, anyone? Jardin Aires, anyone?). But personally, I found this lipstick to be dreadful on all counts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wearing MAC lipsticks for years, but my lips hate this one. My lips aren't even particularly dry, but this shade makes them look in terrible condition, and applies streaky. It's almost impossible for me to obtain and maintain the smooth, even finish I manage with all my other MAC lipsticks (even mattes like Russian Red, Ruby Woo & Moxie). The color is interesting, but the overall effect of this on my lips is not flattering. If I want a pink lip, I'd reach for Moxie or Girl About Town instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by chloeshotmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not on dry lips like mine... I have tons of lipstick but this one is really matte. The color is pretty but my lips cracked every time i wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is very bright, neon and PINK!! it's matte and very creamy and opaque. if you're not into the bold lip this lipstick is not for you. Candy Yum Yum will get you noticed by everyone! it's just that kind of beautiful brightness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess Candy Yum Yum falls into the category of "MAC Urban Legend".

I had heard so much about this lippie and every time I went to the MAC counter to get it, it was sold out. I ended up purchasing this on the MAC website, sight unseen. Crazy? Maybe.

While I like this color, it IS a very matte and a VERY, VERY bright pink. YOU MUST wear a lip-gloss over this color; preferably something that is a little darker colored pink to done down the brightness of this lippie. If worn alone, this lipstick is something right out of a horror show or a Quentin Taratino movie.

I got this in the mail last night, put it on, showed my hubs and prepared for the LOL'z to begin. He looked at me with horror in his eyes. I then swiped on a cheapo pinky gloss that I got from Forever 21 over Candy Yum Yum and suddenly I had pretty pink lips that flatter my light, cool coloring.

Candy Yum Yum is wearable if you think of it as a bright, pink BASE for the lip look you are trying to achieve. Itís sort of like when you use an eye shadow base and then build your eye look from there using different colors.

This is a bright, fun color that I will probably use more in the summer. I don't think I would repurchase it however, but I just LOVE the name!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the life of me I CANNOT understand the appeal of this lipstick. Anything this neon belongs only on an entertainer, in my opinion. Absolutely hideous and non-flattering--why inflict this on yourself when there are millions of pinks out there? Yeah, I'm looking at YOU, Nicki M.!!

16 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by malston81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The last question is would you buy it again? Yes, but that is because I had no choice, I ordered it before the Holiday and I wanted to wear it for NYE. So I did and it looked fab, I used it with white lipmix and it was a beautiful ombre color but the reason why I had to repurchase it was because I lost it on NYE, smh!! I was so devasted & upset that I had to pay for it again when I only used it 1x but I will say I am very happy with it and glad that it did become available again! I hope I don't have to buy it again any time soon!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have kind of fallen out of love with MAC over the past 3 or so years but this lipstick made me go back to them for it! It's so pretty and wearable, I have really pale skin that is weird and sometimes pink this super saturated look terrible on me but this one works and is versatile! Totally worth it, great formula and wear...very very happy with this lipstick...really reminded me that even if I'm not into every MAC collection I still love the quality of their best lipsticks and Candy Yum Yum is awesome and one of their best!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Juliebeans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Epitome of Barbie pink lipstick. The color is definitely on the vivacious side. I love matte lipsticks but I felt this one was kind of dry and the texture wouldn't come out right on my lips. All my other MACs btw are matte but this one in particular didn't come out evenly. I will keep trying however. Other than that, charming pop of animated color pleasant to the eye. Also love MAC lipsticks' vanilla scents. Definitely adds to the appeal of Candy YUM YUM. =D