October 23, 2014 | 900 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wanted to give this a try- the 'nourishing weighless oils' intrigued me. so for a ds poo (i use redken normally) it's not bad to say the least, ive used it only twice so far. it is weighless for a moisturizing poo. smells intoxicating-idk if youre into the heavily perfume scents-color is light yellow like on the bottle. it's good if youre on a budget and can't put out the 20 dollars for redken. as far as how my hair looks afterwards-not as shiny as my redken. BUT- not bad. it rinses nicely and you can def' use daily along with matching condi. it cleans well. Oh-and a little leave-in oil or spray and curling iron will smooth my locks down and give that shiny healthy appearance :-) around 4 dollars at ds

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by duaperez

My hair is very thick but I had it bleached like 5 times in one session because I wanted brown hair but I've had dye my hair black for like 2 years. My hair was super dry and ugly and all my roots had white dots on them and a lot of split ends. I've honestly tried everything from really expensive to products for African American hair to get it to be moisturized but nothing helped. The treatments would only last till I washed my hair. I recently bought this product and I was very impress and satisfy I have only used the product 3 times and you can tell the my hair is not ugly dry without styling it looks nice and shinny and I do not use the conditioner instead i use herbal essence pink bottle conditioner just because i had a whole bottle and didn't want to buy more. My hair honestly looks way better and healthy when just bushing it it doesn't tangle. My hair was so nasty that I could stretch it like gum and then it would break and when i would fix it i would see a lot of 1in pieces of broken hair but not I hardly see any. I am in love with this product and I will so buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

After going through numerous mid and high-end hair products and not really seeing any difference for my dry, thick blasian hair, I decided to give this a whirl. Wow, I can understand the rave reviews on this product! While it hasn't exactly tamed my frizz (I probably need a trim), my hair is soft, conditioned, and looks healthy. I was worried about the silicone drying out my hair and scalp, but that hasn't happened. I still wash weekly with a clarifying shampoo though just in case. Having come from higher-end shampoos I'm not thrilled about the scent, which is like chemicals dusted with powder and is quite strong. The shampoo does its job though and it's cheap so I can't complain too much, especially since I'm on a strict budget. Besides I can cover the smell with a nice hair mist. Recommended, and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I love this shampoo it's amazzing!! Leaves hair soft.. Easy to brush..smelling good....I wish the bottle was bigger!!! Only complaint!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by pbandkelly16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product made my hair coarse, oily, and extremely unmanageable. I live in a very dry climate so I thought this would be good, but it just made my hair a sticky, gnarled mess. My hair never felt clean. I gave it to my friend with drier hair than me and it seems to work for him, though, so it probably depends on the person.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair became pretty damaged over the summer, so I needed a product that would help restore it to a more healthy state. I noticed this shampoo and conditioner set on sale at the drug store, and decided to give it a try.

As previous reviewers said, this product smells wonderful. It's also easy to lather and rinse out, and it softens hair almost immediately. In terms of quick results, this is probably one of the faster non-salon shampoos I've used. It isn't too heavy for my fine hair, and my roots don't get unusually oily after using this shampoo, which was an initial concern of mine.

The only thing preventing me from giving this shampoo a perfect rating is the fact that it left a build-up after I used it for about a month. That can definitely be avoided by rotating shampoos though.

All in all, this is a very good shampoo to use every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsweets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo which I loved at first, but over time it didn't do as good a job I thought it would. My hair is fairly long, a little past bust and is normal but frizzy. I used to use a hair straightener pretty much everyday (no joke) on my hair so it was very dry and very damaged. I bought the shampoo and conditioner for 10 dollars at my local Walmart.
The first time I used the shampoo I couldn't stop touching my hair! It was super soft and silky, and lots of shine was put back into it. It also smells amazing! Sort of like Pantene, not a scent you can quite grasp as it smells more like salon shampoo. The smell does linger too, I shower at night and can still slightly smell it throughout the day.
I recommend you use it with the conditioner (both original and the daily care treatment conditioner). What I do is use the shampoo till it lathers up really nicely, then tightly squeeze out all the water from my hair. Then I apply the daily care treament conditioner, AND a little bit of the normal conditioner and WOW. My hair feels amazing after I get out of the shower. No tangles, and hardly any frizz.
I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this whole line sucks a$$ , its just chucked full of silicones so it doesnt really help ur hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by amaiaisabella

I was reluctant to try this shampoo because although I really need moisture on my hair (which the matching conditioner provides very well), I was worried about putting it on my scalp. No fear! I used this along with the conditioner, and my hair dried faster (I air-dry) with the wurls and waves my hair normally had prior to bleaching and coloring it some months ago. It looks as though I've never colored it! Considering my hair was pretty much in tatters prior to starting the conditioner, I'll be using this combo until Dove discontinues it (which may be soon since they seem to switch up their lines all too often!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

Normally I wouldn't purchase a shampoo or conditioner that said it has oil in it. The reason I decided to try this was because of how well Dove's Cream Oil Body Lotion agreed with my skin, but hated the fragrance. I had also tried the generic GVP Conditioning Balm, which didn't do anything for my dry hair.

The shampoo and conditioner smell great, so much better than the lotion, and they are not overpowering. I have fine, dry hair, with oily roots. I took a chance with this shampoo, but I am sooo glad I did. I've only used this with the matching conditioner, but the combination is perfect. You don't really need a lot since it really lathers up well. It doesn't weigh my hair down. My dry hair feels so soft, it has tons of volume and it's not all frizzy. I love this whole line, shampoo, conditioner and smoothing cream. Dove got this one right.
BEST USE: Everyday for tons of volume, moisture (no frizz) and shine.