July 31, 2014 | 994 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by pbandkelly16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product made my hair coarse, oily, and extremely unmanageable. I live in a very dry climate so I thought this would be good, but it just made my hair a sticky, gnarled mess. My hair never felt clean. I gave it to my friend with drier hair than me and it seems to work for him, though, so it probably depends on the person.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair became pretty damaged over the summer, so I needed a product that would help restore it to a more healthy state. I noticed this shampoo and conditioner set on sale at the drug store, and decided to give it a try.

As previous reviewers said, this product smells wonderful. It's also easy to lather and rinse out, and it softens hair almost immediately. In terms of quick results, this is probably one of the faster non-salon shampoos I've used. It isn't too heavy for my fine hair, and my roots don't get unusually oily after using this shampoo, which was an initial concern of mine.

The only thing preventing me from giving this shampoo a perfect rating is the fact that it left a build-up after I used it for about a month. That can definitely be avoided by rotating shampoos though.

All in all, this is a very good shampoo to use every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsweets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo which I loved at first, but over time it didn't do as good a job I thought it would. My hair is fairly long, a little past bust and is normal but frizzy. I used to use a hair straightener pretty much everyday (no joke) on my hair so it was very dry and very damaged. I bought the shampoo and conditioner for 10 dollars at my local Walmart.
The first time I used the shampoo I couldn't stop touching my hair! It was super soft and silky, and lots of shine was put back into it. It also smells amazing! Sort of like Pantene, not a scent you can quite grasp as it smells more like salon shampoo. The smell does linger too, I shower at night and can still slightly smell it throughout the day.
I recommend you use it with the conditioner (both original and the daily care treatment conditioner). What I do is use the shampoo till it lathers up really nicely, then tightly squeeze out all the water from my hair. Then I apply the daily care treament conditioner, AND a little bit of the normal conditioner and WOW. My hair feels amazing after I get out of the shower. No tangles, and hardly any frizz.
I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this whole line sucks a$$ , its just chucked full of silicones so it doesnt really help ur hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by amaiaisabella

I was reluctant to try this shampoo because although I really need moisture on my hair (which the matching conditioner provides very well), I was worried about putting it on my scalp. No fear! I used this along with the conditioner, and my hair dried faster (I air-dry) with the wurls and waves my hair normally had prior to bleaching and coloring it some months ago. It looks as though I've never colored it! Considering my hair was pretty much in tatters prior to starting the conditioner, I'll be using this combo until Dove discontinues it (which may be soon since they seem to switch up their lines all too often!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

Normally I wouldn't purchase a shampoo or conditioner that said it has oil in it. The reason I decided to try this was because of how well Dove's Cream Oil Body Lotion agreed with my skin, but hated the fragrance. I had also tried the generic GVP Conditioning Balm, which didn't do anything for my dry hair.

The shampoo and conditioner smell great, so much better than the lotion, and they are not overpowering. I have fine, dry hair, with oily roots. I took a chance with this shampoo, but I am sooo glad I did. I've only used this with the matching conditioner, but the combination is perfect. You don't really need a lot since it really lathers up well. It doesn't weigh my hair down. My dry hair feels so soft, it has tons of volume and it's not all frizzy. I love this whole line, shampoo, conditioner and smoothing cream. Dove got this one right.
BEST USE: Everyday for tons of volume, moisture (no frizz) and shine.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

not much to say about this apart from the fact that it does nothing for my fine, dry & frizzy hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh! This shampoo paired with its conditioner are the best! Ever! And I got mine for under $3.00 each on sale at Walmart, my buy of the year! (And I buy a lot). I have thin, fine, flat damaged hair that is greasy at the roots and dry for the rest of the hair shaft. My hair is mostly wavy with a bit of curl, and it is challenging finding hair products that moisturize without weighing my fine, flat, damaged hair down. If you have hair like mine, try using it like I do: every third wash. That way, the products work well and do not leave a build up of silicones and oils. I like the colour of the bottles. The conditioner should be used with the shampoo to get best results. I did not think much of the shampoo alone without the conditioner paired with it. Together though, they are perfection. I have tried Dove shampoos in the past and could not stand their smell. I also did not think much of their performance and ended up giving them away. This one's a keeper though. Also, most importantly, since I am a perfume collector - it smells terrific. I only hope they don't discontinue it. Dove, are you listening? DO NOT CHANGE A THING UNLESS IT IS TO OFFER BIGGER BOTTLES!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by soccergirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i found that most lathering shampoos are very stripping and if feel as though i need to rinse it out right away, because i feel it drying. i never go a day without conditioners. with this shampoo, it smells wonderful, and detangles without conditioner. it really smoothes down frizz and makes hair soft and shiny.. hair color really shines, (not color treated) all i needed was a blow dryer, or i could let it air dry and it was frizz free. great buy guys. ;) check it out

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by predhead33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently discovered this product when looking for a cheaper alternative to my usual Redken All Soft. I did some research and decided to give this one a try. I am glad I did! When paired with the conditioner, this shampoo has just enough of the 'nutritive oils' to make my hair soft and manageable without being greasy! It also has a long-lasting smell which I love. Definitely more affordable than buying Redken all the time, even though I still pull out my All Soft when I need to have an extra good hair day!