Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-45M, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 3/24/2012 3:50:00 AM

I have fine, flat, dry hair thats prone to frizz so i was reading all these reviews here about how great it was, how it tamed the frizz, and didnt weigh the hair down. For the first wash, its good, has body but didnt get rid of the frizz. After the 2nd and 3rd time using it, it started weighing my hair down, and making it feel dirty. I dont like using volumizing shampoos everyday either because they cause buildup in your hair so ive been alternating between volumizing and moisturizing shampoo but i wont be using this one every day, its good for every other day but is nothing special. i dont notice any difference between this one and the moisturizing shampoo by Dove,

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

When first using the shampoo in the shower, it felt heavy on my hair. I was automatically worried about it possibly weighing down my fine hair, but this affect doesn't last or show any results similarly afterwards. Despite that negative, it instantly detangles hair comparable to a good conditioner. It also instantly smoothens and softens. The scent is a familiar one known to Dove products, so your idea on it may vary.

I've been using this for about a week with the Dove Damage Intensive Therapy Repair Conditioner, and my hair has become noticeably more shiny, silky, and smooth. The waves in my hair are also more tamable and I have less frizz.

Really, the only down side is the possible build up that may occur with using this shampoo. I haven't gotten any yet, but it's inevitable with its type of ingredients. This can be solved, however, with the usage of clarifying shampoos for whenever you think you've gotten to the limit with residue or build up. Plus, it may weigh hair down a lot more intensely for others than it did with mine, so you'd have to be careful with that.

Overall, to me, this is a good product. I'd say it's a bit above average because it's more nourishing, but not strongly so, but that may also be because I didn't use the exact matching conditioner with this. Still, I'd recommend giving it a go.

on 3/1/2012 3:11:00 AM

Bought this along with the conditioner, and have been using it for about 3 weeks now. My hair looks amazing everyday, shiny, soft, and sleek! I switched from Redken All Soft which was making my hair fall out... in clumps. This is definitely better then my Redken All Soft.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this shampoo (and the conditioner) for next to nothing with coupons. I originally got it for my husband but I ran out of Biolage and tried this til I could buy more. My hair is long, thick and color-processed, oily at the scalp and a bit dry at the ends. I liked the scent and feel of this shampoo and my hair felt great but after 3 days, my scalp was constantly itching and I developed more than a dozen large pimples on my head, which were very sore and made brushing my hair almost impossible. It has been 2 weeks since I stopped using it and the spots are still not completely gone. I've never had problems with Dove before, although their shampoos have always been just average for me. My husband will finish these bottles and I will stick with Biolage/Biotera (Sally's dupe).

on 2/3/2012 9:18:00 PM

I read some of the reviews about this and decided to give it a try but I HATE IT. It doesnt lather very well at all. It doesnt feel like its actually cleaning my hair. I gave it a few chances but I dont know what im supposed to do with this now because im defiantly not using it again

on 1/28/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i wanted to give this a try- the 'nourishing weighless oils' intrigued me. so for a ds poo (i use redken normally) it's not bad to say the least, ive used it only twice so far. it is weighless for a moisturizing poo. smells intoxicating-idk if youre into the heavily perfume scents-color is light yellow like on the bottle. it's good if youre on a budget and can't put out the 20 dollars for redken. as far as how my hair looks afterwards-not as shiny as my redken. BUT- not bad. it rinses nicely and you can def' use daily along with matching condi. it cleans well. Oh-and a little leave-in oil or spray and curling iron will smooth my locks down and give that shiny healthy appearance :-) around 4 dollars at ds

on 12/2/2011 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair is very thick but I had it bleached like 5 times in one session because I wanted brown hair but I've had dye my hair black for like 2 years. My hair was super dry and ugly and all my roots had white dots on them and a lot of split ends. I've honestly tried everything from really expensive to products for African American hair to get it to be moisturized but nothing helped. The treatments would only last till I washed my hair. I recently bought this product and I was very impress and satisfy I have only used the product 3 times and you can tell the my hair is not ugly dry without styling it looks nice and shinny and I do not use the conditioner instead i use herbal essence pink bottle conditioner just because i had a whole bottle and didn't want to buy more. My hair honestly looks way better and healthy when just bushing it it doesn't tangle. My hair was so nasty that I could stretch it like gum and then it would break and when i would fix it i would see a lot of 1in pieces of broken hair but not I hardly see any. I am in love with this product and I will so buy it again.

on 12/2/2011 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After going through numerous mid and high-end hair products and not really seeing any difference for my dry, thick blasian hair, I decided to give this a whirl. Wow, I can understand the rave reviews on this product! While it hasn't exactly tamed my frizz (I probably need a trim), my hair is soft, conditioned, and looks healthy. I was worried about the silicone drying out my hair and scalp, but that hasn't happened. I still wash weekly with a clarifying shampoo though just in case. Having come from higher-end shampoos I'm not thrilled about the scent, which is like chemicals dusted with powder and is quite strong. The shampoo does its job though and it's cheap so I can't complain too much, especially since I'm on a strict budget. Besides I can cover the smell with a nice hair mist. Recommended, and would buy again.

on 11/22/2011 2:45:00 PM

I love this shampoo it's amazzing!! Leaves hair soft.. Easy to brush..smelling good....I wish the bottle was bigger!!! Only complaint!

on 11/22/2011 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product made my hair coarse, oily, and extremely unmanageable. I live in a very dry climate so I thought this would be good, but it just made my hair a sticky, gnarled mess. My hair never felt clean. I gave it to my friend with drier hair than me and it seems to work for him, though, so it probably depends on the person.